PDA

View Full Version : Smuggler Setup.

Al3X
30-09-05, 11:14
In the attachment you can find my current skill setup as a Smuggler. The intention of this char: Being able to buy and trade EVERYWHERE, even far behind enemy lines. For this reason, T-C will be higher so the Obliterator can be used. Also, recycling is included for Ammo supply whenever needed.

Brief explenation per skill group:

[DEX]
P-C has been my choice because of the easy handling. In most cases you'll be close combat, since you are in the city and not out in the wasteland. As an addition T-C weapons like the Judge or Ray can be used, however keep in mind that you will not cap most high-tech rares.
[INT]
Hacking has been raised to 50 because of hacknet travelling. It is a safe way to travel to far destinations quickly, without being squashed by hoverbots for instance.
Psi use speaks for itself, you will need this to be able to use your spells.
A weaponlore of 50 is more then enough, because the additional bonusses will be added by implants, so it will be above 100 anyway.
[STR]
Transport is the focus of strenght. Simply because you ARE a smuggler and you do not want to end up crippled somewhere in a place where they do not love you.
[PSI]
This setup might look weird, that is because it is focussed on the use of Shelter. you will need a nightspider to raise Psi to 25, but believe me, it WILL save your life.
[CON]
Con is mainly focussed on effective resists. 50 Hlt is enough, 25 atl aswell (because agil will cover the rest together with a reflexbooster 4). Energy doesn't need to be high if you wear an energybelt. Fire is higher because it is not covered by any imps or armour. You do not need xray or poison, because xray is covered by your armour and poison can be covered by antidotes and basic buff 2.

Thats about it. I'd like to suggest you use the PP Resistor for additional resists, otherwise just put some combat imp in there to make your gun more powerful.

sultana
30-09-05, 15:16
Something's wrong with that setup, as shelter spies should get 4 ppw, not 2.

Riddle
30-09-05, 16:07
Thought you could access Hacknet with as little as 20 Hack for the TL30 tool.

Is it as high as 50 to enable use of hacknet regen v.01? if so fair enough if not reduce it some.

Crest
30-09-05, 16:59
Thought you could access Hacknet with as little as 20 Hack for the TL30 tool.

Is it as high as 50 to enable use of hacknet regen v.01? if so fair enough if not reduce it some.
GR hack with 20 is possible although you have 3 shots so hacking a few times may be needed .... With hacking buff, you can even refine this to 16 or 18 as buff for extra

i always sepc 20 in hacking = easiest way to tag all the cities and HQ gr's ....

Al3X
30-09-05, 18:04
Sidenote: 50 hack also makes sure you can hack warbots while leveling.

Darkana
01-10-05, 20:49
The intention of this char: Being able to buy and trade EVERYWHERE, even far behind enemy lines.175 barter base unbuffed, way higher AGL and ATH (close to 3 times of your base values in both with implants, undrugged and unbuffed), 130 P-C base unbuffed, 100 T-C with implants and buffs, no recycle (you have high barter, ammo is cheap and you got tons of transport), no vehicle skill (you will use GRs later on mostly, at least I do), _LE_ :angel:

Can go to many locations, including DoY, and it fits your requirement perfectly. :D

Al3X
03-10-05, 12:22
you are free to post your own setup aswell don't you :p

Darkana
05-10-05, 09:26
you are free to post your own setup aswell don't you :pI dunno what else I need to say to this, maybe let me put it up in more detail:
LE. This means: CON setup is unimportant. PSI setup is not that important. I was using shelter back in the times when there was no nightspider around, just to have it easier wasting Warbots. Which I didn't do in the end, so I lommed her PSI to something useful without shelter. Full barter. All but these 3 magic points are in barter skill, means she has 175 base barter. With the Mr Jones smuggler quest brain chip this makes 180 barter unbuffed. Pistol for leveling. I dunno anymore where I spend my newbie time at. The main part of leveling happened in the swamp caves. CON is geared towards this. Capped Slasher with over 180 P-C and mid-50 weaponlore (using PA3). Being a barterer and only used as one, the implant setup changed after leveling. It is geared towards max INT, with exception of the barter implant mentioned above already. Using a research glove for 5 additional INT levels for a total of 124 (not using Hawkings, it would be 125 then). Could get 130, but I won't sacrifice the LE :p Naturally, this kills all the offset to the P-C and weaponlore. 100 T-C with self-pistol buff (didn't want to LoM more P-C than necessary) for Obliterator (thanks to originaL for this thing :D). Hitting DoY as TT runner is easy then. 55 base ath (63 with implants), 66 base agl (74 with implants) gives a decent runspeed without drugs. Nothing worse than crawling with stealth. Could have lommed more, but I hate LoMs and I want to keep the option open to switch back to pistols whenever I want/need to, which excludes messing too much with CON and DEX. Got 91 Transport and 51 resist force. Too lazy to lom that :cool:
Btw, difference from 192 barter to 147 is 5 to 6% less savings for a total of like 39 to 40% compared to the 1 INT + 0 barter case. Being member of an OP-holding clan gives you additional boni at these OPs compared to barterers not in the clan.