PDA

View Full Version : Crash before login.

Serious_Sam
30-09-05, 03:05
Hey everyone, i just wanna know if i'm the only one afflicted by this. I start up NC, see the three production names, have the borders appear on top and bottom of the screen, then nothing. The screen remains black and i have to CRTL+ALT+DEL to bring up Task Manager that gives me a Not responding message.

I've had this problem before, but was very scarce. However, i haven't been able to log in the game for the past 2 days.

Tratos
30-09-05, 19:12
We need a sticky on how to fix this, lol

Any memory intensive programs running?
Any unnecassary background programs running?

Some software which works with my scanner wont let Neocron load untill i stop it, this program takes a reasonable amount of RAM (the most only second to Neocron infact) i think this might have somethign to do with it.

try closing some of the stuff you dont need and try again.

Last thread on the subject: http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=128593

aKe`cj
30-09-05, 19:21
There can be several reasons for this error

Try it with mapping the ports in your router (assuming you have one) or else simply disable your firewall.

Sometimes a simple reboot already does the job.

Worst case scenario: re-install Neocron and make sure you patch it up with fresh patches (dont copy/paste the ones you already have on your hdd)

Serious_Sam
30-09-05, 19:43
I only have Vent/TS running in the background. I've re-installed and patched up NC, but the problem still persists.

I assure you all that this computer is more than capable to run it.

Serious_Sam
30-09-05, 20:12
Ok, im a complete nob. The problem was solved once i restarted the computer. My god i'm an idiot, i had it on for 2 days straight and never thought anything was wrong.