PDA

View Full Version : Have I missed anything?

Lexxuk
29-09-05, 18:02
So I'm browsing around and here I am, wondering if I'm missing anything. Are the wonderful FRE's cleared up, along with the awesome CTD's? Is the population greater than a home match at Niddy's favourite footie team?

Whats this NC2 Evolution thingymaboby?

Have more zones been made super duper high res?

Are strippers more naked, and is Aunty still around?

[insert other questions here]

John.nl
29-09-05, 18:04
So I'm browsing around and here I am, wondering if I'm missing anything. Are the wonderful FRE's cleared up, along with the awesome CTD's? Is the population greater than a home match at Niddy's favourite footie team?

Whats this NC2 Evolution thingymaboby?

Have more zones been made super duper high res?

Are strippers more naked, and is Aunty still around?

[insert other questions here]

Good to see you almost capped your sarcasm.

Lexxuk
29-09-05, 18:08
Good to see you almost capped your sarcasm.

Lexxuks sarcasm rises 0.2 points
Lexxuks sarcasm reaches level 40!
Lexxuk learns "Satirical Retort"!

I'm guessing from your reply, the answers no?

msdong
29-09-05, 18:10
http://cp.neocron.com/5/planfiles?id=142& on the evo thing.

retr0n
29-09-05, 18:15
Popultations took a rise when Neptune launched, but it seems its dropping of a
bit again. Terra peeks at about 20% now from what I have seen, neptune about
the same, slightly more. FRE's are still here, although i must admit, I don't get
nearly as much as a year ago.

No zones have yet been updated. But it seems like it's pretty close to a patch now.

Strippers are the same as ever.

Lexxuk
29-09-05, 18:15
Of course this upgrade will be free of charge for all Neocron 2 customers and will be released in several large packages. We are aiming to complete this process within the next 2-3 months.

Ok, not being sceptical, but didnt they say that about DoY? I'm an old timer, seeing is believing and all that jazz. But basically, the game is the same now as it was when NC2 was released, so not worth downloading the client until E1?

Original monk
29-09-05, 18:17
try the game out i would say lexxuk :)

Tratos
29-09-05, 19:14
Ok, not being sceptical, but didnt they say that about DoY? I'm an old timer, seeing is believing and all that jazz. But basically, the game is the same now as it was when NC2 was released, so not worth downloading the client until E1?

We've seen a reasonable amount of stuff over the last few weeks showing off Nc2.1 so things are looking promising, its an upgrade for all the vegetation in the game, so all the grass is new and theres all new models for the trees and bushes covering the world, also from the screens we've seen some other things like barrels and boxes have been updated.

No current zones have been made high res but there are some new zones which came with high rez textures i.e. the new clubs in dome, also one of the new clubs brought us some flower clad ladies on the stripper front ;)

Pops before Neptune (Aprox):
Mars: 17%
Merc: 3-9%
Terra: 22%
Pandore: 0-3%

Pops after Neptune (Aprox):
Mars: 16%
Terra: 20%
Neptune: 20%

So a general increase in population tbh.

Asurmen Spec Op
29-09-05, 19:19
Oh my god! its lexxuk!

My prayers for sexy awsomeness have been answered!!!

zii
29-09-05, 19:30
I suspect that when the zones are made high-res I shall have to stop playing, or by a new computer. Although, I think that the former will be the cheaper option. We'll see.

Bishop Yutani
29-09-05, 19:39
hehe, we get a thread like this every few days from an old-schooler asking if their top 5 gripes have been fixed since they left...

Come on back and play. It gets better every day.

Tratos' figures are off, IMO. Terra took a huge hit from neptune, especially when i'm on, around 9-11pm EST. the pop on terra is usually closer to 10% then.

Check out Neptune.

zii
29-09-05, 19:43
hell, im fucking around on neptune and my Dev hasn't dropped yet..... which means that it will happen sometime tonight, so I should be back here crying a little later.

Tostino
29-09-05, 20:04
hehe, we get a thread like this every few days from an old-schooler asking if their top 5 gripes have been fixed since they left...

Come on back and play. It gets better every day.

Tratos' figures are off, IMO. Terra took a huge hit from neptune, especially when i'm on, around 9-11pm EST. the pop on terra is usually closer to 10% then.

Check out Neptune.
Terras numbers are good if you are a euro player though.

Tratos
29-09-05, 20:05
Terras numbers are good if you are a euro player though.

Yeah at GMT Peak times ive seen both Neptune and Terra hit the 20% mark.

Tickles
29-09-05, 20:09
Have I missed anything?

Me? :angel:

Tostino
29-09-05, 20:09
Yeah at GMT Peak times ive seen both Neptune and Terra hit the 20% mark.
Yeah it is nice around 4-7 est for the pop... But he is right, for a US player it is almost un playable if you can only get on at 8+ est. There are like 30-50 people on at 10 pm :(.

Ascension
29-09-05, 20:32
All these tweeks are too late.. The best thing reakktor could do is shut the servers down for a year.. and come back with a product deemed worthy of todays standards.. oh and find a marketing company who has a clue. :rolleyes:

Lexxuk
29-09-05, 20:48
Me? :angel:

Hush, stop letting everyone know you still want me :p

So anyhow, the games improving bit by bit, but evo is err, something new

/em hugs Asc :D

Scanner Darkly
29-09-05, 21:08
Since Neptune launched, Terra's pops have dropped quite drastically from about 22%-24%(max) to about 14-16% between about 20:00 and 23:00 on most days.

Even yesterday when I checked just as the MCP beach party was getting kicked off the server load was well below 20% and that's on NC2's birthday!

It's a shame that when Terra's population seemed on the rise and there was an influx of newbies, the new PVP server seems to have completely reversed the trend. Still there are some good fights to be had on Terra, just not that many opponents o_O

I think some of the above estimates have been fairly optimistic when it comes to Terra, wheres Neptune can peak well above 20% on a good day (and was in the mid 20s constantly in the first 2 weeks after it launched).

Right now (20:08GMT) these are the figures:

Mars 15%
Mercury 4%
Terra 12%
Neptune 20%

Asurmen Spec Op
29-09-05, 22:45
no hug for assman from lexxuk?
:(

giga191
29-09-05, 23:01
All these tweeks are too late.. The best thing reakktor could do is shut the servers down for a year.. and come back with a product deemed worthy of todays standards.. oh and find a marketing company who has a clue. :rolleyes: Todays standards :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

todays standard for mmorpgs is the same standard there was when everquest came out which was fuck knows how long ago. If someone else made a MMOFPS with the complexity and with the same depth of character customisation then I would play it.

Asurmen Spec Op
29-09-05, 23:18
The standard for MMOs now adays is aparently elfy wow shit so.

I think we are ok

Tratos
29-09-05, 23:21
I think we are ok

I second that O_o

Lexxuk
29-09-05, 23:30
no hug for assman from lexxuk?
:(

no!

/e sex :P

Anyhow, currently I r playing FFXI, we dont have /e sex in that, though we have mithra, and our very own NPC we can call, mines a mithra, it fights with me, well, kinda, its level 30 I'm level 60, the mobs i fight can kill it in seconds :(

Asurmen Spec Op
29-09-05, 23:36
no!

/e sex :P

Anyhow, currently I r playing FFXI, we dont have /e sex in that, though we have mithra, and our very own NPC we can call, mines a mithra, it fights with me, well, kinda, its level 30 I'm level 60, the mobs i fight can kill it in seconds :(
Im glad to see your enlarge sig again

Bishop Yutani
30-09-05, 00:14
what? Peak hours from 4-7 EST? Damn, i work til 630, i'm never gettin on then...

Having no one on sucks, but it especially sucks when you need a damn poke or something constructed and you're the only person in the zone.

Vid Gamer
30-09-05, 00:25
I'm thinking of starting up another N.D.A. on either Terra or Neptune, anyone interested? I heard pro-city needs a lot of help.

Vae Victis
30-09-05, 00:34
I'm thinking of starting up another N.D.A. on either Terra or Neptune, anyone interested? I heard pro-city needs a lot of help.if your looking for members on terra.. count me in.
PPU here... and a droner but hes gonna be a tradeskiller :p

gimme a PM or mail me ingame, char is called "Midian"
Playing on neptune atm but for fights Ill be more than happy to log on terra.

reply if interested :)
I could use a steady clan, all clans are breaking up and dying slowly, it's just not worth joining one then leaving a few days later.

Toilet-Duck
30-09-05, 01:52
We've seen a reasonable amount of stuff over the last few weeks showing off Nc2.1 so things are looking promising, its an upgrade for all the vegetation in the game, so all the grass is new and theres all new models for the trees and bushes covering the world, also from the screens we've seen some other things like barrels and boxes have been updated.

No current zones have been made high res but there are some new zones which came with high rez textures i.e. the new clubs in dome, also one of the new clubs brought us some flower clad ladies on the stripper front ;)

Pops before Neptune (Aprox):
Mars: 17%
Terra: 22%
Pandore: 0-3%

Pops after Neptune (Aprox):
Mars: 16%
Terra: 20%
Neptune: 20%

So a general increase in population tbh.

Agree, Terra has dropped abit in populations havent seen it higher than 14 % in the last few weeks.

hegemonic
30-09-05, 04:38
I miss playing. I need to find time to come back.
Anyone care to fill me in on Terra politics?

Asurmen Spec Op
30-09-05, 04:40
I miss playing. I need to find time to come back.
Anyone care to fill me in on Terra politics?
Hello big

suler
30-09-05, 06:38
Neocron politics have been [ edited ] since the population started dropping in nc1. I'm sure they're the same old join the winning team, and no new clans to challenge the status quo crap they were before. Sure sometimes there are new clans but they're usually just the same exact clans with the same people but a new name.

ps. hey lexxuk

Xeno LARD
30-09-05, 10:45
Kid says hi lexx!

<3
:)

Riddle
30-09-05, 11:08
Come back one and all !

Terra is suffering a little at the moment on the release of the so called PVP server, shame they all got their LE's in. Its just the same as all the other servers tbh but with increased XP, reduced SI and safezone hacking differences. hmmm....timesink nerfs thats all

Lexxuk
30-09-05, 13:38
ps. hey lexxuk

Cracky!! <3 my valentine :D

I'll have to download the client again sometime after my internets been fixed, got sky+ installed yesterday and my noise went from 15dB down to 7 and a ton of errors, stupid bugger broke one of the filters I think >.<

Tratos
30-09-05, 17:50
Everyone reading this thinking they dont want to come back due to populations come back if all the people waiting came back they would have what they are waiting for;

Higher Populations.

Selendor
30-09-05, 18:16
Today is least amount of posting I've ever seen. Make of that what you will. Have you missed anything? Neptune :(

Seven
30-09-05, 18:20
Everyone reading this thinking they dont want to come back due to populations come back if all the people waiting came back they would have what they are waiting for;

Higher Populations.

They did try, but Click2Pay was the final straw for many of them.

[ edited ]

Skusty
30-09-05, 18:28
Yes you missed something! I capped my dex :eek:

hegemonic
01-10-05, 05:57
Hi @ all --I'm gonna try to log in tomorrow (Saturday) and see what I've been missing.