PDA

View Full Version : NEPTUNE -Idea for LE's

Kozmos
28-09-05, 17:59
Righty, seems everyones gettin pissy about the ammount of capped guys runnin around with LE's in

Does seem that alot of the non PVP players are on there, with the LE in, due to the easier capping of chars etc... kinda defies the point of the server IMO

There have been ideas of tradeskillers only starting with LE's however this leads to a problem of making a 'engineer spy' and just leveling it up to be rifles or pistols etc...

Heres what i suggest though

Theres only 2 'classes' that really need a LE, thats a pure researcher or constructor.

Make 2 New LE's one that has a 120 research requirement, and another that has a 120 construction requirement

All chars start with a LE still, but make it deactivate at base rank /40this gives you time to level past the arsey nub levels without hassle of ganking (as a compromise ;)) and then it deactivates
At this point, a trader will easily have 120+ in their trade, so can just put one of the new chips in and get the LE status back.

[TgR]KILLER
28-09-05, 18:08
2 new ones ? i guess as its a 2 slot server most will go for a hyb trader.. cst / ress and rep or rec with that.. or even poke..

ress and cst aren't the only tradeskills btw.. what about a poker with just like 100 cst and ress for nib stuff ?

my trader has poke / cst / rep / ress / rec

so everything..

imho a le that deactivates when you get above 80 combat skill is better ( my trader has some 70ish pc and 20 wep to use a level 20 pistol. gotta get money from somewere trading doesn't make shit as half the people is broke )

that way you can tradeskil all you want but not pvp or hunt high level stuff.

Kozmos
28-09-05, 18:13
KILLER']2 new ones ? i guess as its a 2 slot server most will go for a hyb trader.. cst / ress and rep or rec with that.. or even poke..

ress and cst aren't the only tradeskills btw.. what about a poker with just like 100 cst and ress for nib stuff ?

my trader has poke / cst / rep / ress / rec

so everything..

imho a le that deactivates when you get above 80 combat skill is better ( my trader has some 70ish pc and 20 wep to use a level 20 pistol. gotta get money from somewere trading doesn't make shit as half the people is broke )

that way you can tradeskil all you want but not pvp or hunt high level stuff.

Many combat chars have poking so imo that LE's out the question...

120 const/res is minimum imo
Even my hybrid trader has 165const and 170 research

[TgR]KILLER
28-09-05, 18:14
Many combat chars have poking so imo that LE's out the question...

120 const/res is minimum imo

as i said.. don't judge the LE on tradeskill skills cause that are to many.. jut put a limit on combat skill so you know a trader can't have to much combat skill so it can't use that to really level or pvp or whatever.

Kozmos
28-09-05, 18:17
KILLER']as i said.. don't judge the LE on tradeskill skills cause that are to many.. jut put a limit on combat skill so you know a trader can't have to much combat skill so it can't use that to really level or pvp or whatever.

Yes but if you put a req like that on a chip, what happens about buffs?

If your sittin in plaza1 on your trader, with the 75 pistol combat or whatever is allowed, and some nub with a LE in comes and gives you a pistol buff, that would deactivate your LE for someone to gank you.

Same with running into a fortress zone

Cyphor
28-09-05, 18:31
Why not just allow the le to be poked in and out at any lvl but give it a -200 to all combat skills

traders will be the only ones to make any use of it then

retr0n
28-09-05, 18:31
Well, how about putting a "no le" requirment on all weapons past TL40 or
something. If they have to do it one by one then it's alot of work i guess.

Kozmos
28-09-05, 18:36
Well, how about putting a "no le" requirment on all weapons past TL40 or
something. If they have to do it one by one then it's alot of work i guess.

Hadnt thought of that, however i dont think they can do that on just one server

Crest
28-09-05, 18:44
How about making plaza 1 a safe zone (oh they tried that) ....
How about No LE ... and you protect your own .... So you keep your tradeskillers alive .... If they are so precious then why we not protecting them ....
Give the council members some kind of power .....

Now a pro-active solution How about something like this ....
LE deactivates if you are over 40 and you walk outside the city (DOY or NC)
If you own an op or get an op bonus, you have access to the underground - so no need for protection there....

if you are roaming around a hunting / killing area and you are a trade skiller you deserve to die..... Since you want the extra protection.

The points activation based on skill will never work ...why ?
A psitol guy, can have 88% of his dex in pistol, and 60 weapon lore the rest in construct -

He is a shit hot contructor - and still he gets around the LE rule ..... ....

Me I think they should just remove it .....Let the LE's go on the same bench as PPU's .....

WTF would you want 2 le's though ... a nice red one and green one ?

Shenyu Reza
28-09-05, 18:45
totally agree, LE is for teddybear !

Kierz
28-09-05, 18:55
If LE was removed from all characters it would make things much more interesting (and realistic?), however the idea of giving the LE malus to all combat skills as Cyphor said seems a pretty kewl suggestion, to be fair on KK I'm not sure making LE deactivate at /40 is easy to do with their code.

As far as I know tradeskill items CST/RES (etc) tools don't drop, as long as they're not keeping a load of items for sale on them or PA, what have they got to lose? someone correct me if CST/RES (etc) tools do drop, I'm not certain on where I heard that..

zii
28-09-05, 21:49
Remove the LE.

Simple. Sigh. I didn't vote.

giga191
28-09-05, 22:10
i don't really have the desire to kill 0/2s or anyone who doesn't stand a chance for that matter. i don't see what the problem is. what i do have a problem with however is that people have had long enough to make pvp chars but just haven't done so.

numb
28-09-05, 22:46
I voted yes. I would prefer to see the LE gone but I think this is the closest we're going to get on that front. The neptune server notes said LE was kept in just to make tradeskilling easier.

Asurmen Spec Op
28-09-05, 23:03
Psh, you dont need the LE to trade, just keep your trading in a small area, IE: App, if some one kills you, remeber them, and dont service them.

Make friends, after all

NC:You'll never die alone

hegemon
28-09-05, 23:58
There are three options:
1. Do something very complicated that people are suggesting, that doesn't solve the problem and/or can be bypassed.
2. Just remove the LE, tradeskillers survive on other servers, they'll survive on Neptune too.
3. Do nothing. People should be content with a pvp server where you have to spend a few hours to find a fight. They should be happy that there aren't guards all over the place to make things even more boring and frustrating. Whiners!

Kozmos
29-09-05, 02:11
How about making plaza 1 a safe zone (oh they tried that) ....
How about No LE ... and you protect your own .... So you keep your tradeskillers alive .... If they are so precious then why we not protecting them ....
Give the council members some kind of power .....

Now a pro-active solution How about something like this ....
LE deactivates if you are over 40 and you walk outside the city (DOY or NC)
If you own an op or get an op bonus, you have access to the underground - so no need for protection there....

if you are roaming around a hunting / killing area and you are a trade skiller you deserve to die..... Since you want the extra protection.

The points activation based on skill will never work ...why ?
A psitol guy, can have 88% of his dex in pistol, and 60 weapon lore the rest in construct -

He is a shit hot contructor - and still he gets around the LE rule ..... ....

Me I think they should just remove it .....Let the LE's go on the same bench as PPU's .....

WTF would you want 2 le's though ... a nice red one and green one ?

Whats your paypal details crest ? Im gonna send you some cash for some fuckin reading lessons...

Read what i said again about the 2 LE's, and about the requirements, infact just read the whole first post again :p

how can someone with 120 const base be a shit hot constructor ? Explain that one
how can someone with 120 research base be a shit hot researcher ? Explain that one aswell

The smart ass 'loook at meh im funneh' comment about the red and blue LE is perfectly fuckin understandable if you botherd to read it properly but ill explain it just for you one more time ...

#1 (Blue one ;))
LawEnforcer - Construction:
Requirement: 120 Construction Base
Effects: Enforced Law

#2 (Red one)
LawEnforcer - Research::
Requirement: 120 Research base

The standard LE would deactivate at level /40, by which point a tradeskiller would have 120 base in their chosen stat easily and can pull out the defunct LE and put in one of the tradeskill ones.
For everyone else, the LE deactivates and their on their own then.

and for your own reference, all my chars now have their LE's out even my researcher, why ? Because im in a clan and i know ive got their support if shit happens

Asurmen Spec Op
29-09-05, 02:51
Still to easy to find loopholes, plus cst/res isnt to bad XP

Darkana
29-09-05, 09:19
Patience is a virtue.

On a sidenote, pistol spies can be pretty dangerous even with 120 res or const.

Crest
29-09-05, 13:33
how can someone with 120 const base be a shit hot constructor ? Explain that one
how can someone with 120 research base be a shit hot researcher ? Explain that one aswell

Hmm I wonder .... how about this ...

My friends constructor has int of 85 .... last night built me 3 slot holy rezz (TL 103 I think) 4 slot holy heal 3 slot holy shelter 3 slot holy deflector 4 slot holy heal sanctum .....
I did 15 BP's of each and I still got about 6-7 of each left and i got at least 2x 3 slots of each ..... So thats 1 in 5 items I build was 3 slot +

his stats = total 150 in construct with imps le and level 1 buff .....
He is rifle .. so he has gimped his weapon lore, and put lots into pistol. If he had 2 sets of chips ....
Const 3, Sscience and hawkins fro building and a SA, SF, distance 3 ... he would be able to easily cap a healing light and construct good stuff.....

Remember that they have made it easy to gain slots on builds .... and all the formulas like
High dex, High int all help with slots ... and once those are high enough a constructor can capp weapons at low const levels ... it a myth you need a total of 234 in construct to make good items ....

So there is nothing from stopping having a good healing light, and being a good constructor ..... and he can also spec stealth if he wants ....

Comming back to the red and blue LE

#1 (Blue one )
LawEnforcer - Construction:
Requirement: 120 Construction Base

#2 (Red one)
LawEnforcer - Research::
Requirement: 120 Research base

Is repair not a trade skill
Is barter not a trade skill
Is hacking not a trade skill
Is implanting not a trade skill

Isnt that funny .. we have 2 LE's to protect the chars you may have, but the other trade skillers get screwed ....
So how about we also intorduce a green, orange yellow and pueple one ... hmmmm unless they not worthy of your note....

Or mebbe 1 LE, and it looks at a combination of skills, if the total combination of those skills is say 200 IE 100 ress and 100 repair, or 150 barter and 80 implan ... or so forth ...... Unless of course you like two cause its a high number to count tooo .....

hmm.. another quick thought ... so I am a resser at level 40 .... and then change my le and
1) decide to go to const .... so i lom my le deactivate cause I am below its requirements making me an easy target
2) My le does not activate and I can go and hunt with an LE in .....
The more i thnk about it the more I think ... try again ....

Plus what ever KK do will be for all servers and not just 1 ... thefore try and work on an all server solution not just one that meets your requirements

gstyle40
29-09-05, 17:38
Why not just allow the le to be poked in and out at any lvl but give it a -200 to all combat skills

traders will be the only ones to make any use of it then

that makes sense in a way, but how would u fight as a noob or any other way for that fact. In the beginning tradeskillers fight too (at least i did). I got tired of doin those missions.

so i say if u do it with the -200 thing u start with an le that deactivates at some point and then purchase a new one with the -whatever penalty

Cyphor
29-09-05, 18:17
that makes sense in a way, but how would u fight as a noob or any other way for that fact. In the beginning tradeskillers fight too (at least i did). I got tired of doin those missions.

so i say if u do it with the -200 thing u start with an le that deactivates at some point and then purchase a new one with the -whatever penalty

If at anytime you want to fight you should take it out, imo the le hasn't been kept in for tradeskillers because their weak, but so they dont get ganked when standing in plaza all day. The le should be just another imp they swap out when hunting. On a pvp server any char with a weapon should be prepared to use it in pvp; that stands for all chars regardless of lvl.

But yeah if that seems too drastic having 2 le's could work too, just seemed easier to alter the one we have atm. Although the easiest option would just to remove the le from neptune.

zii
29-09-05, 18:46
One LE which does:

LE CrafterChip:
R-C -200
P-C -200
HCK -200
H-C -200
WEP -200
WPW -200
RCL -200
WEP -200
APU -200
PPU -200

Perhaps I've missed some, but you get the idea. You don't need PPU since most high level tradskillers will want a CST3 buff, which needs a monk.

However, if the tradeskiller rips me off and refuses to give me back my rare parts I wanted to him to ID [etc etc], then there is no comeback. I cannot kill the crafty crafter. So remove the LE.

In which case I'm making an LE tradeskiller who 's only job is to rip people off, but this has to be an expolit of the game mechanics since the ripped off runner cannot retaliate, and one is perverting the game mechanics in order to rip off the runner... ? So remove the LE.