PDA

View Full Version : Player ettiquette/bahaviour

Crest
27-09-05, 09:51
So I am at El's last night ... PPUing 2 APU's A level xx40 and \a level xx20. I get Exp from one and not the other, spawn is ok ....

A melee tank comes down and wants to team ... Meaning he wants the APU's to power level him, at the same time a PPU comes down and wants to team too ..... I know one of my APU's are logging in about 5 mins

So the team make up would be 2xppu's a melee tank and an apu. So we choose not to team. What is a team of 4 people gonna do with 2ppu's anyways.
I make the suggestion that mebbe the tank and the other PPU team together ...which i don't think happened ....

So I ask should I team with the other guys ?
Should we go on with our business ....

Maui
27-09-05, 09:54
greeeeedy .. :x

I say enough xp for everyone :D

CMaster
27-09-05, 09:56
I say team unless someone is pureley leaching. Also, if you are/were UNLeed, you have to team with everyone down there due to solulight issues.

retr0n
27-09-05, 10:14
Well depends on wich apu had to log, the /40 or the /20, if it was the /40 apu
that was going to log, there would be no point to make a team of 2 ppus (leechers)
one melee tank (not much xp there) and one /20 apu you don't get xp from anyway. The tank probably couldnt do much anyway if the apu(s) were barreling.

I still don't feel like anybody is every obligated to team, but it all depends on the
situation i guess.

Torg
27-09-05, 10:29
its simple: the bigger the team, the more exp you get, as you receive a team bonus per team member. no room for etiquette here^^

retr0n
27-09-05, 10:38
its simple: the bigger the team, the more exp you get, as you receive a team bonus per team member. no room for etiquette here^^

Not really. Depends on who is on the team, the ammount of leechers etc. Sure
you get a team bonus, but the teammembers still have to produce xp from killing
mobs, wich is far more then the bonus itself. For a ppu, a 2/3 man team of himself
and 1/2 other apus is far better then 2 ppus + apu + tank, even thought there
is one member more.

Ppus get most xp from Apus, so an apu+ppu team of 2 people is sometimes
better then a ppu with a couple of tanks / pe's / spies, because an apu will
produce loads of psi xp of which the ppu will get 50% from.

numb
27-09-05, 10:47
produce loads of psi xp of which the ppu will get 50% from.

Is that really the case? I thought team xp was generated based purely on damage of your team members and distributed into your main skills. I dont think teaming with a monk will make my PE generate PSI any faster (apart from the fact monks tend to cause loads of damage). If you're a tank and teamed with an APU you will not make any psi exp, nor will you make any dex xp being a monk teamed with say a pistol spy - so why would a monk make additional psi xp teaming with a monk?

sultana
27-09-05, 11:47
The best solution:

Lom to hybrid and solo el farid without having to team anyone, best xp and money :)

And by hybrid I mean, tl 40 heat resist 1 and tl 32 multi-energy bolt :D

retr0n
27-09-05, 11:52
Is that really the case? I thought team xp was generated based purely on damage of your team members and distributed into your main skills. I dont think teaming with a monk will make my PE generate PSI any faster (apart from the fact monks tend to cause loads of damage). If you're a tank and teamed with an APU you will not make any psi exp, nor will you make any dex xp being a monk teamed with say a pistol spy - so why would a monk make additional psi xp teaming with a monk?

Tanks & Spies can't level psi any other way exept missions, same with monk dex.
Take a PE for example, and team with a tank, you will not get a single point in
PSI, then team with an APU, and you will get loads because the APU produces
PSI xp. Team with a droner and you will get loads of DEX, etc.

numb
27-09-05, 12:24
Tanks & Spies can't level psi any other way exept missions, same with monk dex.
Take a PE for example, and team with a tank, you will not get a single point in
PSI, then team with an APU, and you will get loads because the APU produces
PSI xp. Team with a droner and you will get loads of DEX, etc.

On the weekend I was teamed with a melee tank and I made a load of psi levels (just me + the tank in team). It does not work like what you are saying. Levelled a lot of PSI on a previous PE I had with my mate gunning a reveller on his PE. The more damage he did, the more PSI xp I gained.

retr0n
27-09-05, 12:37
On the weekend I was teamed with a melee tank and I made a load of psi levels (just me + the tank in team). It does not work like what you are saying. Levelled a lot of PSI on a previous PE I had with my mate gunning a reveller on his PE. The more damage he did, the more PSI xp I gained.

Afaik vehicles are different, but I know that on my PPU, I was in a team with a
tank and a spy, and I got very little psi xp, but with an APU, i can get 5 mill/hour
without stressing it. The tank & spy were heavy & droner, so both were AoEing
and killing just as fast as the monk, so it's not that the monk kills quicker.

numb
27-09-05, 12:49
It would be good to hear official word on how it's calculated because I've never noticed it working in the way you've described. Never played a PPU though.

Psi & Int xp should be the only team xp you get and I think they both level at the same rate from Team XP. It may have been that your APU had a higher TL barrel then the weapons the other two were using, which could have a bearing on team xp (not sure though) - especially over a long period with a lot of spawns.

retr0n
27-09-05, 12:54
It would be good to hear official word on how it's calculated because I've never noticed it working in the way you've described. Never played a PPU though.

Psi & Int xp should be the only team xp you get and I think they both level at the same rate from Team XP. It may have been that your APU had a higher TL barrel then the weapons the other two were using, which could have a bearing on team xp (not sure though) - especially over a long period with a lot of spawns.

I don't know man, the APU was using the holy energy barell, the tank had a
Doombeamer wich is TL115 and the spy had some kind of fusion drone, he was
within our ranks so we should have all be sharing, or I should have been leeching
from them both, but I got more INT xp from the droner then I did PSI from them
both combined.

Torg
27-09-05, 13:09
Not really. Depends on who is on the team, the ammount of leechers etc. Sure you get a team bonus, but the teammembers still have to produce xp from killing mobs, wich is far more then the bonus itself. For a ppu, a 2/3 man team of himself and 1/2 other apus is far better then 2 ppus + apu + tank, even thought there is one member more.
you're perfectly right here.

Take a PE for example, and team with a tank, you will not get a single point in PSI, then team with an APU, and you will get loads because the APU produces PSI xp. Team with a droner and you will get loads of DEX, etc.
here i totally disagree, from my experience you'll get int/psi/dex/str/con as a teamed PE, no matter whom you're teamed to.

I don't know man, the APU was using the holy energy barell, the tank had a Doombeamer wich is TL115 and the spy had some kind of fusion drone, he was within our ranks so we should have all be sharing, or I should have been leeching from them both, but I got more INT xp from the droner then I did PSI from them both combined.
yes, you'll get more int-team-exp than psi-team-exp as a monk.

Dargeshaad
27-09-05, 13:13
The best solution:

...delete your monk and make a real char :lol:

Skusty
27-09-05, 13:29
Maybe. :p I like my apu since i suck on him so... :p He's my backup character

CMaster
27-09-05, 13:38
Agreed, the where the team xp goes depends on what class YOU are, nothing to do with what class your teammates are. In atddition, its COMBAT rank that effects who you can get team xp off, not main rank.

Original monk
27-09-05, 13:45

yeah like a raptordroner, a POBtank, a healinglightspy with obliterator, a tsunamiPE with tl10 heal, DB and nibstealth or a ravagertank wich can shock with thunderbolt :angel:

Riddle
27-09-05, 13:47
On a side note team XP is not all i consider when joining a team.

I learnt a valuable lesson in early NC1, i joined a team only to be killed when my back was turned and health low by my TEAM! for my belt :(

So unless I know You or i am familiar with you then i don't join the team tbh.

Sad but true.... ;)

Crest
27-09-05, 13:56
On a side note team XP is not all i consider when joining a team.

I learnt a valuable lesson in early NC1, i joined a team only to be killed when my back was turned and health low by my TEAM! for my belt :(

So unless I know You or i am familiar with you then i don't join the team tbh.

Sad but true.... ;)
In LE world of Jupiter this is not a factor ....

What i can add, was we camped MC5 on Uranus for a month before the cutt off, and got tons of parts together .... the PPU had an int of 86 when he went in and 96 when he came out ... the APU had about 87 when he went in and about 94 when he came out. Only 2 chars teamed always ... no extra int form some other source ....

This leads me to believe that exp gained from own affects skills differenlty to that gained from team.
IE APU gets more psi and less int, but if he was in a team with another apu then its more int and less psi from team ....

sultana
27-09-05, 14:27
Well true.

But I've got a le'ed monk who never leaves el farid, there's like no other way to earn cash faster :p

Asurmen Spec Op
27-09-05, 14:28
Well true.

But I've got a le'ed monk who never leaves el farid, there's like no other way to earn cash faster :p
res missions?

sultana
27-09-05, 14:30
res missions?
Nope, it's faster then that.

You just can't errr... leave your computer on overnight and find 200 of them in your inventory.

Asurmen Spec Op
27-09-05, 14:30
macroing is bad

Dargeshaad
27-09-05, 14:32
macroing is bad
What's macroing? 8|

sultana
27-09-05, 14:35
macroing is bad
Wha?

Who brought that up? :rolleyes:

Crest
27-09-05, 14:50
Nope, it's faster then that.

You just can't errr... leave your computer on overnight and find 200 of them in your inventory.

Sounds like your kids need to go to bed isntead of doing ress missions all night ,,,, shame on you (its the only legal explination)

On that subject ..... Besides exploit checking .... have they done anything around the ress and construction misisons ....

I am doing a few cons missions for dex and they seem fine, but did they cahnge much - make them harder or reduce cash for the 150 missions ?

Vae Victis
27-09-05, 16:27
produce loads of psi xp of which the ppu will get 50% from.Not quite true.
PPUs get the best PSI xp from APUs...
the best INT xp I ever had, tbh, came from tanks back in nc1. 12 mil in 30 mins (I was afk those 30 mins even)
but in general, best int comes from spies. apus give "good" int but I think spies give better xp.

in nc1 I used to go to the graves with 2/3 spies, xp was amazing, better than an APU team.

Not sayin XP from APUs suck, chaos caves, sheltered LT's plus barrels is just the win.
for my monk(s), spies gave me best intel xp, apus for psi.

Vae Victis
27-09-05, 16:29
Sounds like your kids need to go to bed isntead of doing ress missions all night ,,,, shame on you (its the only legal explination)I know sultana, he hired some polish henchmen, they work cheap you know.
he pays em 1 glas of water and a sandwich per week to click ever 76 seconds (tl 150 takes about 76 seconds :))

Crest
28-09-05, 13:11
back on topic ....

So i was at els again last night .... APU got there before I got there .... He gets invited to a APu / PPu team as he walks in ... .we hunt a little and notice the exp gain is slow ....

On close expction we see that the apu is 19/21 and the PPu is 57/44 ...
We are PPU = 55/52 and APU is 47/52, so we not going to get nothing from APU while the PPU is getting exp from us....

Come back to what I am asking in the thread ...... 2 PPU's 1 APu sharing exp, while second APU is gaining by himself ....

My APU had a sync problem and died when comming back in another room, by this time I left team as I got no benifit ... .We were evntually the only ones left and milked the queed for an 1.5 makin 500k each and leveling psi from level 88 to 93 (Neptune rocks with leveling)....
If we were teamed the rewards would not have been anyting close to this