PDA

View Full Version : Blank black screen BEFORE log-in screen

Tikuto
26-09-05, 14:31
After clicking Play Neocron 2 at the Launcher, I get a lank black screen BEFORE the log-in screen!
All I can do here is Ctrl+Alt+Del and END TASK... :(

I don't understand why this is happening. It worked fine yesterday... :rolleyes:

Original monk
26-09-05, 14:41
i had this once and tried everything in the book ... nothing helped ... i reinstalled and it was fixed ..

Riddle
26-09-05, 14:49
Check your firewall settings,

Every time I patch the game I have to re-confirm its access. So launch it in windowed Mode and see if thats the problem. Sometimes does it to me randomly too and causes a lock up? check your files to through launch window.

Tikuto
26-09-05, 15:44
I've reinstalled. Still the same...

by Riddle
Check your firewall settings,

Every time I patch the game I have to re-confirm its access. So launch it in windowed Mode and see if thats the problem. Sometimes does it to me randomly too and causes a lock up? check your files to through launch window.
Done all that before, and posted on here.

Riddle
26-09-05, 15:47
I've reinstalled. Still the same...

Done all that before, and posted on here.

K M8 just checking ;)

Tikuto
26-09-05, 16:03
Ok this is what I've Done and Currently Doing:

I thought I'd give System Restore a try, and there is a Checkpoint at 25th September (yesterday), so I restord to there.

...PC came back on...

Right now, I tried NC2 and said there were Corrput Files,
so right afterwards i did a File Integraty Check and it seems, to me, like half of NC2 has corrupt and missing files!
ROFLMFAO!

Fuck knows how this happened...

Tikuto
26-09-05, 16:05
Ok. Downloading files now. But what scares me with this download is it says "Downloading broken file <file>"!
ROFLMFAO.

Tikuto
26-09-05, 18:00
STILL DOES NOT WORK!

Speedball
26-09-05, 18:07
After clicking Play Neocron 2 at the Launcher, I get a lank black screen BEFORE the log-in screen!
All I can do here is Ctrl+Alt+Del and END TASK... :(

I don't understand why this is happening. It worked fine yesterday... :rolleyes:

Close your firewall before launching neocron

if you don't have a firewall, reinstall :p

edit: oh didnt see someone already told you this before, my bad :(

Tikuto
26-09-05, 18:11
Ok. Instead of clicking the Uninstall button, this time I just removed everything Neocronic on my system and installed the thing again...

See how it goes.

Seems alot more promising this time... :)

System
26-09-05, 18:15
every so often I used to get that bug, still do here and there when I play NC whenever that is. But anyways...

I would just reboot my PC and it would work fine. I noticed on my old PC when I would get that was because of Spyware running in the background and I would have to "End Process Tree" on the spyware and quicky start NC before it would turn itself back on.

-- System --

Tratos
26-09-05, 18:21
Got anything memory intensive running in the background?

Neocron wont work for me as the software my scanner uses loads on boot up and hogs a fair bit of memory, once i close the scanner software, bam NC loads past the black screen.

Tikuto
26-09-05, 19:04
Got anything memory intensive running in the background?

Neocron wont work for me as the software my scanner uses loads on boot up and hogs a fair bit of memory, once i close the scanner software, bam NC loads past the black screen.

not really. All what is running now is what I have had on before this Black-Out Login Screen thing...

If this is to be true, doesn't it seem NC2 is a PC destroyer or something? O_o

Tratos
26-09-05, 19:38
not really. All what is running now is what I have had on before this Black-Out Login Screen thing...

If this is to be true, doesn't it seem NC2 is a PC destroyer or something? O_o

Well just try closing down processes you dont need running for your PC to keep going and then try.

Seven
26-09-05, 21:20
How fragmented is your hard drive?

vashtyphoon78
27-09-05, 00:05
i had this once and tried everything in the book ... nothing helped ... i reinstalled and it was fixed ..
Nice job Pwning yourself. most users that get this run windows XP. log off and on Tikuto.

(If your not running XP WTF?!!!?!?)

capt-o
27-09-05, 00:11
I got this using XP and Norton anti-virus 2005 which has a bug that causes it to use 50 or so percent of your cpu after a time. The bug is in the monitor section of the program so it never shuts off.

Before I figured this out rebooting was the only way to get NC to run. After a quick trip to the store for a new AV program and uninstalling norton I've had no problems and NC runs fine. Better than before actually.

Whether the better performance is due to patches from KK or the fact that i got rid of buggy, memory intensive program is up for grabs... :lol:

Seven
27-09-05, 01:45
I got this using XP and Norton anti-virus 2005 which has a bug that causes it to use 50 or so percent of your cpu after a time. The bug is in the monitor section of the program so it never shuts off.

Is that "bug" documented somewhere and was it ever addressed?

I'm running XP and NAV 2005 combo on two machines.

Did the CPU usage show up under task manager for you because I'm not seeing it.