PDA

View Full Version : Profession combo question

Kalashnikov
26-09-05, 03:08
Would a scientist that uses drones instead of pistols be a good idea? Or stick with pistols? I'm re-rolling my char (who is also a scientist) since his skills are all messed up and I was just wondering if this combo would suffice.

CMaster
26-09-05, 10:21
It wokrs fine, and you will level very fast by droning (and you can even drone and research at the same time).

sultana
26-09-05, 10:55
Also you can use storebought drones to level, where as you usually need to construct pistols to get any decent stats on them.

Riddle
26-09-05, 14:00
I'm re-rolling my char (who is also a scientist) since his skills are all messed up

May be a stupid question but you do know about LOMS? save re-rolling whole char if skills only some adjustment.

Kalashnikov
26-09-05, 17:44
Yeah a guy told me about LOM's, but they look like too much of a hassle.

Glok
26-09-05, 17:53
They are a pain, that's for sure.

One of the common approaches to making a spy tradeskiller is droning to cap and LoMing to the desired tradeskill, because you are in for a rough time if you want to level through tradeskilling. I leveled my spy tradeskilling, but I'm insane. :lol:

Kalashnikov
29-09-05, 04:47
Wait so you can't be both a tradeskiller and a droner? You have to LoM one? I wanted to use drones as a combat proff with my scientist, instead of using pistols. I'm also leveling up with tradeskilling. I find research missions are the easiest way to level up, but of course I haven't hunted yet hehe.

Glok
29-09-05, 05:15
You can be a droner/trader sure. Works pretty good actually, as CMaster said. My trader though has no combat skills (well, a little pistol to kill pesky rats...) he is cst/res/brt.