PDA

View Full Version : TERRA LOG, ZONE, PERMA-SYNCH problem

coppertop
25-09-05, 03:28
Since the server went down last weekend Terra has been buggy as hell. There are now periods in game when it is impossible to GR or otherwise leave a zone. I and others have repeatedly experienced problems logging in combined with periods of perma-synch and extreme lag.

Whats the problem and when is it going to be sorted?

[PiN]Fluffy
25-09-05, 03:33
I...

1) CAnt login without 20 trys on Any server
2) Cant zone properly... I end up on the other side of the zone.."Syncronizing" WHile I can see nothing and or move, I die becuase everyone can see and Shoot me while i am helpless and at their mercy...
3) Exterme lag People warping Everywhere still....
4) I'll stop bashing now....

retr0n
25-09-05, 03:35
Basicly the same as fluffy. Although my logins are not that bad, zoning is a pain
in the ass sometimes. It was like this earlier today, but it got better. =/

Tesee
25-09-05, 03:37
no special issue with log or zone or synch....
strange...

vashtyphoon78
25-09-05, 05:07
lately i have totally stopped playing terra pretty much...neptune doesnt have half these bugs for me.
hell even the Epics all work on neptune, and i barely fuckin ever fatal.

giga191
25-09-05, 10:46
I have perfect login, but people are warping around a LOT

Skusty
25-09-05, 11:06
Everything works fine here.

Tikuto
26-09-05, 08:13
i rejoined NC2 2 weeks ago from now. I thought it always like that, i remember it being like that when I left NC2 a long time ago!

Soo i dunno... :eek:

coppertop
26-09-05, 12:37
Right now at this very moment I am trapped in a sewer in neocron. I climb the ladder, I right click the exit and it goes to black screen synch. The synch never ends, I hit escape, I return to log in screen, I log back in succesfully, find myself in the same zone, right click the exit again and I return to never ending synch and repeat the process again.

Going from other experiences in the last week I wont be able to leave the zone for 15 - 20 minutes.

In the past week I have been trapped in Foster, Cycrow and city zones by this same problem. My experiences at cycrow led me to about 75 % SI because every time I gr'd I went to synch and when I logged back in I found myself suffering from GR related SI but I was still standing at the same GR.

I did not experience any of the problems till after the servers when down a little over a week ago.

Original monk
26-09-05, 12:44
thats weird coppertop, i never had it that extreme, maybe try reinstall ?

a fast solution instead of waiting is /set kill_self 1 and you can genrep to youre appartment normally (tough you get SI and loose imps) (if you dont get caught in that synch again :/ )

i been in endless synch's before but not being able to GR or synch is rare .. like when you spawn back in the previous zone .. weird, i didnt have alot of unusual problems after the last time the server whent offline

zoning or synching can take a bit longer sumtimes yes, but not as extreme as described here

coppertop
26-09-05, 13:01
lol I am not the only one its happening to. FYI, set kill self would not work because the game will not allow me to leave the zone. I can still kill in the zone and everything else in the zone works ok. I am not lagged out or anything like that. It just wont let me leave the zone for a good 15 - 30 minutes.

As of right now I have been unable to log back in to the game at all since I logged out to post on the synch problem. I have tried about 15 times now and each time it gets as far as the synch screen and goes no further. I dont know what the problem is but it's only been happening since the server went down. I can only assume that the problem is related to the failure.

Just to be clear. Its not happening all the time but generally one or other of these problems is hitting me at least once a day.

EDIT

The problem is definately on KK's end. I just tried to log-in on a different account and I was successfull. I could run around, zone and GR with no problems at all. I log out, try to log back in on original account and character and I cant. I try to log in using a different character and I made it in. I then tried to zone and it went to the same black screen synch. I log back to the other account and still no problems.

What ever the problem is, it seems to be specific to one account.

Riddle
26-09-05, 14:17
You can always email helpdesk@neocron.com with a description of your problem, your account details, server etc.

To quote the Mods ;) try this

ariall
27-09-05, 18:48
The most problems I have when I log in:
-"Perma-synch"
Cant walk around or use any item.

-"stats-on-zero-bug".
O soullight, 0 NC credits, 50 health.

-"Right-mouse-click-bug"
Cant use items when I right-clicking them.

-" Fucked-up-gogo-bug"
Wrong items in gogo or just a few.

A few days ago I tried to zone-in the chaos caves, but a "black-screen-perma-synch" killed me and the rest of the team. :mad:
I noticed I have much more problems like this since the last 2 patches.
hmmmm.. o_O

Whats the problem with nc? Some ppl here never have problems when
logging in. Is it my hardware setup? My internet Connection?

giga191
27-09-05, 22:09
random 10 second lagging too

Bishop Yutani
27-09-05, 23:04
what speed connection do you have? Are you running any internet applications in the background? Kazaa? IM?

I shut everything off before i play and i very rarely have problems. I have 1.5mb dsl.

ZoVoS
28-09-05, 03:39
lol I am not the only one its happening to. FYI, set kill self would not work because the game will not allow me to leave the zone. I can still kill in the zone and everything else in the zone works ok. I am not lagged out or anything like that. It just wont let me leave the zone for a good 15 - 30 minutes.

As of right now I have been unable to log back in to the game at all since I logged out to post on the synch problem. I have tried about 15 times now and each time it gets as far as the synch screen and goes no further. I dont know what the problem is but it's only been happening since the server went down. I can only assume that the problem is related to the failure.

Just to be clear. Its not happening all the time but generally one or other of these problems is hitting me at least once a day.

EDIT

The problem is definately on KK's end. I just tried to log-in on a different account and I was successfull. I could run around, zone and GR with no problems at all. I log out, try to log back in on original account and character and I cant. I try to log in using a different character and I made it in. I then tried to zone and it went to the same black screen synch. I log back to the other account and still no problems.

What ever the problem is, it seems to be specific to one account.

sounds like ur zone isnt switched in the servers :s is that posible??? in know zones switch in and out of memory, maby u should try calling a load of ppl down to zone where u are n see if the servers switch it in, just an idea, because i coudlnt think of anything else that would prevernt zoning in one area

-=edit=- if its all teh characters across the acount only thing u can realy doo is email accoun support n ask em to look at it ^_^ hey maby u dont exist any more. wonder if we have character tracking enabled O_o =]

ariall
30-09-05, 20:52
what speed connection do you have? Are you running any internet applications in the background? Kazaa? IM?

I shut everything off before i play and i very rarely have problems. I have 1.5mb dsl.

3,2 mb dsl here, but dont have programs running on the background.(only msn and steam.) I just re-installed WinXp but I still have the same bugs/login-error/ect. This summer I formatted my hard disk, new windows installation, newest drivers, ect ect, and still the same bugs.
Is it maybe the combination of all the hardware that makes neocron buggy?

ariall
30-09-05, 21:33
OK, I am behind my PC now for an hour, this are my problems:

- Turning on my pc
- I start playing nc
- Logging my ppu
- I only see one spell in my quickbelt
- Rezoning..., still have one spell in QB
- Relogging NC, logging back on ppu ( 30 sec. )
- Logging my ppu, money-on-zero-bug , and I cant use any spell in QB
- Relogging, finaly its working.
After 20 min:
- Relogging to my CM char
- Perma-black-screen bug
- Relog again
- Perma sych bug ( in game without black screen)
- Relog again
- Working

8| :rolleyes: :wtf: :eek: :( :mad:

BTW, who can relog to another char without quit NC? I always need to quit NC first (back to desktop), to relog another char,
or else I get the bug with the "another char already online"bug.
somethimes, when I relogging to fast I get more bugs like this ( perma-black-screen ect.)

Bishop Yutani
30-09-05, 23:29
Dude, turn off your MSN and steam and everything else that uses the internet. Then try again.

[EDIT] I'm guessing that Neocron keeps synching because all the other shit you've got going on your internet connection is keeping NC from fully synching. Think, if your instant messenger updates with the MSN server every 30 seconds, then every 30 seconds the stream of neocron data is being interrupted.

Just a theory, but NC does use UDP protocol, which is designed to NOT guarantee packets sent over the internet actually arrive.

I'm writing a connection troubleshooting guide. When its done, i'll post it.