PDA

View Full Version : Dear PEs

Asurmen Spec Op
24-09-05, 16:47
Hello all my other PE buddies out there, I honestly gotta ask, would any of you care if we lost stealth?

I never had any troubles when we lost in NC1, and I wouldnt mind if we lost it now, its acually made me far to dependant :/

so what do the rest of you(PEs!) think about us loosing it?

E. Cryton
24-09-05, 16:50
when i did start playing Lame and Zerg there was no stealth tool and there was no need for it i think.
i could live without it, but still i really like it ;).

giga191
24-09-05, 16:51
when para/ppus get removed then remove stealth for PE

Asurmen Spec Op
24-09-05, 16:52
when para/ppus get removed then remove stealth for PE
They did it in NC1, Im pretty sure it was there, dont you?

LiL T
24-09-05, 17:04
Spy's Must Lose It Aswell!

Asurmen Spec Op
24-09-05, 17:08
Spy's Must Lose It Aswell!
In its current form I agree, stealth shouldnt be acessable to anyone, maybe keep it if they give a invisible hitbox like for the null charecters

Dargeshaad
24-09-05, 17:11
I would much rather see it tweaked in some way, such as delay between usage/still beeing able to target in stealth but alot tougher/etc., but that's because I rely a good deal on it to get away from ppu+apu/ganksquads when I'm on my -100 SL chars (loosing 8 of your most expensive@yo items isn't very funny).
(READ: I don't use it to get away from fair fights)

I honestly don't think I'd be going around pk'ing as I do now if it was removed, or else something should be done about the penality of dieing with >-32 SL but that's a whole different issue.

Morganth
24-09-05, 17:12
I only use stealth when I'm undrugged on my main, so I am not bothered really. If it didn't exist, then I'd just use up more drugs. ONOZ, my barterer might actually have to be used then :rolleyes:

I also use stealth on my n00b PE, but thats only because she doesn't wear any armour, so I avoid any dangerous situations with her :p

EDIT:
In its current form I agree, stealth shouldnt be acessable to anyone, maybe keep it if they give a invisible hitbox like for the null charecters

Plasma weapons and AoE weapons can hit a stealther, thats practically the same.

Asurmen Spec Op
24-09-05, 17:14
Plasma weapons and AoE weapons can hit a stealther, thats practically the same.
Lowtech people

and btw, a judge doesnt do shit to a stealther :/ I did extensive testing, I shoulda just urinated on the blue things for better efect

Tratos
24-09-05, 17:23
I dont play a PE but i would like it to go from them it just means the Infiltrator class becomes odd.

As a note on the state of stealth, do what this thread works its way to: http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=126129

retr0n
24-09-05, 17:48
I could most definetly live without it. I don't even use stealth, I don't even own one,
and I don't get why PEs should use one...

Stealth needs to be tweaked for spies and removed for PEs. Only way I can be ok
with PEs having stealth is if there was a timer between usage. Say 10 secs or
something between every stealth. If not that, then it should go completly. We
don't need it, never did.

giga191
24-09-05, 18:15
They did it in NC1, Im pretty sure it was there, dont you? were less fags around in NC1. It's just annoying when you get an apu ppu team and you just don't stand a remote chance, not because they are more skilful but simply because they are apu and ppu

RogerRamjet
24-09-05, 18:20
were less fags around in NC1. It's just annoying when you get an apu ppu team and you just don't stand a remote chance, not because they are more skilful but simply because they are apu and ppu

Welcome to the wonderful world of raiding CRP.

Shenyu Reza
24-09-05, 18:39
I don't care, i don't use it now ^^

Jipz
24-09-05, 18:49
they should remove it(yeah yeah im pe :p )

vashtyphoon78
24-09-05, 19:06
PEs shouldnt get stealth. they got 65 con and 35 psi for a reason. SPYS on the other hand, dont. there like shitty con wise, and psi wise.

Asurmen Spec Op
24-09-05, 19:15
Spys can be just as good PVP as PEs basically, they sucking is just a BS lie from peolpe who cant do setups, srry love

Bugs Gunny
24-09-05, 19:23
Spies on drugs = pes on drugs.

Even though i play a pe 90% of the time, i would like to see stealth removed WHEN PPUS ARE FIXED.

As long as there's apu-ppu ganksquads, they should have stealth, as it's about the only class to fight them and have a chance.

eprodigy
24-09-05, 19:37
Spies on drugs = pes on drugs.
yes. and if you dont want to setup to be close combat or you refuse to use drugs (which to me is like saying you don't want to use primes, wear armor or use implants) then you better be fast so you can run away.

RogerRamjet
24-09-05, 19:38
What? You can easily setup a PE without drugs.

eprodigy
24-09-05, 19:40
but; spy on drugs > pe on no drugs

spy needs them, pe can be without- but it still doesnt mean there's a reason not to use them.

but this thread was about stealth sry.

vashtyphoon78
24-09-05, 19:46
Spys can be just as good PVP as PEs basically, they sucking is just a BS lie from peolpe who cant do setups, srry love

='( T.T

Koshinn
24-09-05, 19:53
I was going to say something but I forgot cause too many people IM'd me. :mad:

edit:Oh I remember now, stealth is useful when you're hunting droners... that's my main task as an op war PE, to kill the droners... besides hacking of course. But yeah, if PEs aren't going to benefit from PPU buffs anywhere near as much as other classes, they should be able to keep stealth.

You can easilly setup a pistol Spy without drugs too. Doesn't mean it'll compete. I've fought some of the best PEs on the server (if not the best PEs)... I can honestly say without drugs, you won't stand a chance.

Terayon
24-09-05, 19:59
Ya, pe's shouldent have stealth.

Then again its my only tool to get a good fight with. Every time i run into 2 people they always try to kill me and i stealth away. When i run into one guy and noone shows up ill fight to the death.

retr0n
24-09-05, 20:07
You can easilly setup a pistol Spy without drugs too. Doesn't mean it'll compete. I've fought some of the best PEs on the server (if not the best PEs)... I can honestly say without drugs, you won't stand a chance.

That's a load of crap.

Terayon
24-09-05, 20:09
That's a load of crap.
You're underestimating the noobiness of some of the people in nc2.

Koshinn
24-09-05, 20:09
That's a load of crap.

Which part?

retr0n
24-09-05, 20:14
Which part?

The part about PEs not having a chance unless they use drugs.

Koshinn
24-09-05, 20:18
if you (or me, the undrugged pe) is against another PE who does drug, and both are at equal skill (like I was saying, incase you didn't read too closely), no, you don't have a chance. Sorry that I don't base comparisons on top level skill vs noobs to the game.

Although I should have made it clearer... only using dolinskin on a pistol/rifle PE technically is a druggy setup but doesn't help too much. A PE who drugs to use weapons and spells not previously available is what I meant. Example: 4-5 drugs for a Slasher PE with (undrugged)lowtech PE defense and runspeed.

Morganth
24-09-05, 23:55
Example: 4-5 drugs for a Slasher PE with (undrugged)lowtech PE defense and runspeed.

Or better :p

awkward silence
25-09-05, 00:53
fix ppus, then complain about stealth

ATM i believe all but monks should have stealth just because of the ridiculous ppus

Koshinn
25-09-05, 01:33
Or better :p

Anyway... I think stealth shouldn't work while intoxicated. Muahahhaha. hahahah. haha. ha.

giga191
25-09-05, 02:30
Welcome to the wonderful world of raiding CRP. same shit happens when raiding pp3, but then again it's nobody's fault apart from KKs

sultana
25-09-05, 04:48
Remove parashock and foreign shields and you can take away pe stealth.

Rogue Arson
25-09-05, 05:59
I've said it before, and I'll say it again... only foreign cast spells should be the group spells. Kills nib heal, makes s/d/healing others dangerous, as you run the risk of doin' the same to the enemy.

eprodigy
25-09-05, 06:02
they always do the more minor things first.

Dribble Joy
25-09-05, 06:12
Stealth needs a fix, not a nerf/removal.

As we have previously seen, PEs loose stealth, spys simply take up the bat of the stealth whoring.

As I said in another thread, add a delay from activation to stealth effect (with an item inability effect within this time period as well as the stealth period to discorage people firing it and continuing to fight untill the stealth effect kicks in).

Equalise the effect of defence boosts from PPUs on all classes (stacking foreign shields or preferably hp bonuses). Then equalise heal rate across TLs to remove the heal question (and the real problem) from PPU balancing.

eprodigy
25-09-05, 08:04
Equalise the effect of defence boosts from PPUs on all classes (stacking foreign shields or preferably hp bonuses). Then equalise heal rate across TLs to remove the heal question (and the real problem) from PPU balancing.
i actually really like that idea.

IceStorm
25-09-05, 09:55
At some point my HC PE will attempt to do the Crahn epic. I know I'll want the 8 sec stealth in order to avoid the 120/120 STORMBot that hides in the same cave as the Tacholythium Warbot, not to mention some of his lower level buddies along the way.

So no, as a part-time PE I don't want the noob Stealth removed.

Tikuto
26-09-05, 08:09
I don't care, really.

Although I'd prefer a Cloaking Suit and not a Cloaking Injected-To-Body Substance :rolleyes: .

Crest
26-09-05, 09:37
How surprising, these threads always come back.

Yes let spies loose stealth, give them better cons, and mebbe to compensate drop their dex a little .... oh hat already done, they call them PE's.

TBH, with out drugging like a bitch a spy has a very weak con, and cons setup. Unless you set him up more like a tank with a PPR and a MOVEON. Then he has to give in other areas .... and only achieveable at very high levels.

PE....Yes PE's dont require stealth, they were removed in NC1 a few years back, after KK realised how PE's had almosty one of the best defences and still had the extra tool.

Me, I think PE's could loose it again without any adjustments to their current tools, but what would you do to compensate this tools for spies ....

I don't drug up, its expesnive, it leades to flash and it leads to exploiting to get around the flash.

E. Cryton
26-09-05, 09:41
pleb, a spy has to drug up like a bitch ? tbh, u can get awesome setups with 3 drugs : beast, nightspieder, redflash.
the protopharm resistor is not necessery, coz it doesnt help that much, we tried it out with our spies in -uPs-. what we find out is that the ppr is not really working in a spy, or the difference is that low that u wont even detect it.

Crest
26-09-05, 09:45
pleb, a spy has to drug up like a bitch ? tbh, u can get awesome setups with 3 drugs : beast, nightspieder, redflash.

So 3 drugs is not drugging like a bitch ?
How many drugs would you call drugging like a bitch, 4 ?

Last Time I drugged and continued to do so, I was on my knees with flash in the open ... and we all know the quick way to get rid of flash IS AN EXPLOIT

numb
26-09-05, 10:55
Last Time I drugged and continued to do so, I was on my knees with flash in the open ... and we all know the quick way to get rid of flash IS AN EXPLOIT

I can go for quite a long time by just taking them again. I can't be bothered to relog, it's a stupid thing to do mid fight or anywhere where people can shoot you.

At some point my HC PE will attempt to do the Crahn epic. I know I'll want the 8 sec stealth in order to avoid the 120/120 STORMBot that hides in the same cave as the Tacholythium Warbot, not to mention some of his lower level buddies along the way.

So no, as a part-time PE I don't want the noob Stealth removed.

I've done that lately on terra with a melee tank, at the level you're supposed to do that mission (xx/35?) and the storm bot wasnt in the same room, I think he was up a ladder in another spot out of aggro range.

The TL10 heal on a PE is incredibly good so I dont think I'd miss stealth that much on my HC PE.

E. Cryton
26-09-05, 11:20
So 3 drugs is not drugging like a bitch ?
How many drugs would you call drugging like a bitch, 4 ?
4 drugs is normal. spitfire drugged up like a bitch when he used 10 drugs.

and wel all know what has been said before ... its an acceptable one, still an exploit, but u wont get banned for using it.

Crest
26-09-05, 11:46
[edited]

I don't drug ... its an expensive habit, and my Name is not Kate

sultana
26-09-05, 11:51
I don't drug ... its an expensive habit, and my Name is not Kate
Har.

(Honestly, I don't see why so many people care about this, it's not exactly their business.)

retr0n
26-09-05, 15:30
I have to agree with Crest here. The upside of drugs is that they boost your
char in whatever way for a short period of time, but the downside is that after
that period of time you are suppose to suffer the negative side of those drugs,
being somewhat incapacitated (sp?), depending of the ammount of drugs.

By removing the negative effect of drugs, you are using a bug to your personal
advantage over other players, wich is a clear exploit.

sultana
26-09-05, 15:33
The threads about pe's and stealth ;)

Asurmen Spec Op
26-09-05, 16:58
The threads about pe's and stealth ;)
Directed at PEs and not monk whores, cuz they dont have opinions

Torq
26-09-05, 17:30
and wel all know what has been said before ... its an acceptable one, still an exploit, but u wont get banned for using it.

Any official word on Acceptable exploits then ..... Could KK please provide me a list of acceptable exploits ... I always though symp whoring was acceptable until last week.

Is the droning one in MC5 acceptable ... I need some MC5 cips. ....

U could get banned for MC5 droning... that's the difference

but back to topic:
I wouldn't care about losing my stealth... but atm it helps alot when "suddenly" APU/PPU show up and wanna kick ur ass.... so I want to have it as long as PPUs can use holy S/D + Paraglue

retr0n
26-09-05, 17:54
U could get banned for MC5 droning... that's the difference

That's exactly the point, gives a list of the ones you won't get banned for.

Lodar
26-09-05, 18:23
Please don't turn this thread into a discussion of exploits.

@Crest: I seriously doubt KK are going to be publishing a list of "acceptable" exploits anytime soon (or any exploits for that matter).

Asurmen Spec Op
26-09-05, 18:25

@Crest: I seriously doubt KK are going to be publishing a list of "acceptable" exploits anytime soon (or any exploits for that matter).
yay the new mod posted in my thread Im cool

Crest
26-09-05, 18:39

Besides the tongue and cheek, can you please confirm that no exploits are "acceptable" ......

Not often I get into trouble .... me feels those who have quoted should also be edited (What did I say again ?)

Morganth
26-09-05, 21:41
I don't drug up, its expesnive, it leades to flash and it leads to exploiting to get around the flash.

Standing in an appartment entrance whilst AFK is an exploit? :rolleyes:

Anyway... I think stealth shouldn't work while intoxicated. Muahahhaha. hahahah. haha. ha.

Wouldn't bother me, I tend to stealth when either completely undrugged and unflashed, or completely drugged. If I get to the stage where I am in combat with a drug flash, I'm already dead. Which doesn't happen very often.

giga191
26-09-05, 23:12
Most of the people on neptune don't even need stealth since they warp so much that it's ridiculous.

btw where is nidhogg and his community rep-ness

Asurmen Spec Op
26-09-05, 23:36
Hes at twister club

Xeno LARD
27-09-05, 01:04
At least give it t-c reqs again.

If you're lowtech, use a hovertech. No need to stealth.

And even then, it needs a change. Something like a reload time to prevent stealth whoring. But i dunno how to fix it without fucking over combat spies. o_O

Asurmen Spec Op
27-09-05, 01:05
IF their going to keep PE stealth, remove the spy reqs and put the NC1 reqs back on it
and remove noob stealth

eprodigy
27-09-05, 01:49
IF their going to keep PE stealth, remove the spy reqs and put the NC1 reqs back on it
and remove noob stealth
so PE's need TC for it? dont see the point really.. the only difference atm between a wyatt pe and slasher pe is damage output..

Kozmos
27-09-05, 04:14
well uhm

Stealth is part of the 'Infiltrator' Class, so why not put a Pistol combat Requirement on the stealth

Yes PE's stiull have stealth, but those asses with a Tsunami rifle dont

The thing that gets me about the TSU rifle is that they can use INQ3 armour and a medium energybelt... and still have the 75 DEX for a TSU, with selfcast shelter/BlessedDef/TL10 Heal. Stealth just rubs it in, its a joke imo that as far as soloing goes their better at tanking than tanks ...

Put a pistol Req on the PE/Spy nub stealths

sultana
27-09-05, 04:24
The thing that gets me about the TSU rifle is that they can use INQ3 armour and a medium energybelt... and still have the 75 DEX for a TSU, with selfcast shelter/BlessedDef/TL10 Heal. Stealth just rubs it in, its a joke imo that as far as soloing goes their better at tanking than tanks ...
You'll be drugging for something though.

And the defense gain you get from using inq3 is hardly huge.