PDA

View Full Version : Heals and Stealthing

sultana
24-09-05, 06:40
I'm fairly sure we've all seen stealth whoring and possibly done it aswell. I know I've stealth whored my ass around on occasion. Usually when I meet that blessed hybrid + whatever or PPU + whatever team :rolleyes: But whatever.

I think the main problem with stealthing (besides the stealth itself) is the fact that you can heal while in stealth. Meaning, I can go to the trouble of breaking someones legs so that I can counter them stealthing, yet they can just pop on a heal and crouch o_O

So what I'm proposing is that all heals cut off when you stealth. Being tl 3, 10, 55 and 85. I'm not quite sure what the effect of sanctums and medkits still being up/usable will have, but I figure it won't be too much and that the main problem is the 15 second heal itself.

And also fix the animation bugs where the damage boost disappears when someone stealths :rolleyes:

jini
24-09-05, 07:03
Voted No.
Healign while stealthing is your option. If you do it you betray your position and the other can easily kill you using stealth penetrating guns or aoe weapons. You are propably speaking from some experience with your PE using TSU sult, but what you want here is a general fix of the stealth and there are also a lot more situations other than solo pvp duels. While i stealth I prefer using medkits. I can use as many as I like (over long time ofc) and still be safe.

sultana
24-09-05, 07:08
Yeah I'm speaking from the perspective from my Tsunami Pe. Yet this isn't just solo duelling. This is with whoever, like our 3 man tsunami pe team :D

Giving away your position while healing in stealth is a disadvantage yes, but, the advantages you get from healing while stealthed (100+ hp and your legs back) easily out weighs this and by a huge amount aswell.

And yes, mine isn't a solution to stealth itself, more just a quickfix, but something has to be done about it.

imper1um
24-09-05, 07:26
Really, the only thing you should be able to do in stealth is move. I don't think you should be able to do anything, or it will disrupt the chemical balances that affect your transparancy.

Asurmen Spec Op
24-09-05, 07:30
Could care less tbh, stealth heal whores are nibs anways

jini
24-09-05, 09:01
Really, the only thing you should be able to do in stealth is move. I don't think you should be able to do anything, or it will disrupt the chemical balances that affect your transparancy.
No, because nanites ARE already injected in body, therefore they are there. Besides, healing is a mind(psi) procedure not a chemical reaction.

@Assurmen: Dont you think your opinion is a lil bit biased? Not ALL using stealth tool can be characterized as nibs and not all cases are the same

Asurmen Spec Op
24-09-05, 09:07
No, because nanites ARE already injected in body, therefore they are there. Besides, healing is a mind(psi) procedure not a chemical reaction.

@Assurmen: Dont you think your opinion is a lil bit biased? Not ALL using stealth tool can be characterized as nibs and not all cases are the same
I didnt say all, I said heal stealth whores
ps, your spelling mistake is the best one to use for me, dont call me asurman :p

and acually it wouldnt suprise me if the healing involved some chemicle reaction, none of this pussy elf magical god loves me har har BS.

LiL T
24-09-05, 09:43
I voted yes but if someone heals and they stealth you can still see them :)

hegemon
24-09-05, 10:19
Yeah, let's remove stealth. and and ... It's hard to overpower someone when he's moving, remove movement when fighting, it's an unfair advantage... and armor is making it hard to kill someone, ban everyone who uses armor... and drugs... eeeh. drugs make it hard for me to kill someone, remove drugs...

Take random number generator and give one to a friend. Both generate one number, whoever has the larger number wins. There, are you happy now? It's a perfectly fair game.

There are some of us who prefer to work for getting a fight and don't cry on the forums for every fight we didn't win.

sultana
24-09-05, 10:28
Did you even read the thread? It has nothing to do with removing stealth.

There are some of us who prefer to work for getting a fight and don't cry on the forums for every fight we didn't win.
And I'd rather not spend the whole fight chasing a pe/spy who can simply put on a heal and stealth into the nearest safezone.

giga191
24-09-05, 10:57
nerf hybrids before nerfing pes and spies

Skusty
24-09-05, 11:05
nerf hybrids before nerfing pes and spies
YES! Lets spies be allone, we are weak enouf allready...i got problems allready trying to run with my healinglight up...

retr0n
24-09-05, 12:23
I say remove stealth from PEs, make a few tweaks to it for the spies, and problem solved. Why did PEs get it back in the first place? =/

But I dont really see that happening, so this would be an ok compromise.

For me though, the issue is not healing while stealthing, it is annoying yes, but
stealth whoring in general is very very annoying. The drugflash should come after
the third stealth, and it should be somewhat nasty.

PEs would get up to 30 secs of stealth while spies could get up to 3 mins.

Shenyu Reza
24-09-05, 12:31
Nope.

sultana
24-09-05, 14:18
Nope.
Can I at least get a reason why?

@ retron, I think it's good that pes do have stealth though, as now there a people playing the class. More then before at any rate.

And while stealth whoring in general is a problem, cutting out heals while stealthing would help the problem.

Dargeshaad
24-09-05, 14:20
Look at his selection of chars that he's playing and you'll know why

sultana
24-09-05, 14:25
Look at his selection of chars that he's playing and you'll know why
True, but well, I'm hoping that at least some people care a little about balancing the game o_O

Tostino
24-09-05, 14:49
True, but well, I'm hoping that at least some people care a little about balancing the game o_O
Most don't. I would love to see this, and the char I play most atm is my PE.
Voted yes.

jini
24-09-05, 14:54
The heal-stealth procedure alone is not the problem crunchy.
But there is something out there that i wish i would have:
low tech rifles that hit stealthers. As it is right now theres only a specific type of guns that can hit a stealther. This is not acceptable. Either ALL guns can hit them or None. This way one will have to think twice to use a heal before stealthing. What you propose will help them even further. Unless we cut heal from medkits a well

Tostino
24-09-05, 15:08
The heal-stealth procedure alone is not the problem crunchy.
But there is something out there that i wish i would have:
low tech rifles that hit stealthers. As it is right now theres only a specific type of guns that can hit a stealther. This is not acceptable. Either ALL guns can hit them or None. This way one will have to think twice to use a heal before stealthing. What you propose will help them even further. Unless we cut heal from medkits a well
You don't know how hard it is to hit people in stealth with plasma weapons. And even if you hit every shot beacuse they were standing still and healing in stealth, they will still come out with more health then they went in with. Splash damage does very little compared to actualy hiting them.
And IMO stealth+heal is one of the big probs. But I had a different idea a little back so that the heal timer would stop when you went in stealth and resume when you got out. Which I still like better then cuting it out all together when you stealth.

jini
24-09-05, 15:31
its not good tosti. this idea will also get exploited. imagine a spy getting a ppu hh, stealths and then approaches in uber stealth the opponent, stealth goes, and hh assumes, he is indestructible for 10 secs, twice if he crouches

retr0n
24-09-05, 15:43
I never understood why you cant target people in steatlh, i mean once you actually
see them, you should be able to shoot at the blue cloud. What, it makes bullets
bounce off of it?

Make the reticle close slower or something, but we should get to target them.
Also, disable drugs while stealthing, all but stealthbreakers. That way you can
actually track someone if you put a db on them, and they cant pop an anti-db.

Dribble Joy
24-09-05, 15:53
Wrong solution really, the ability to stealth out of a fight is the problem. A delay in activation is what's needed to make stealth a stealth/espionage/sneak tool.

The problem then would be people stealthing, then simply waiting for the stealth effect to kick in, so during the delay, weapon/item inability as in stealth would need to be added.

Tostino
24-09-05, 15:55
its not good tosti. this idea will also get exploited. imagine a spy getting a ppu hh, stealths and then approaches in uber stealth the opponent, stealth goes, and hh assumes, he is indestructible for 10 secs, twice if he crouches
That makes almost no difference. If he has a ppu he might aswell just run up with the spy and para and DB the person they are trying to kill (not saying i like para but that is what most ppus would do).

sultana
24-09-05, 16:03
Wrong solution really, the ability to stealth out of a fight is the problem. A delay in activation is what's needed to make stealth a stealth/espionage/sneak tool.

The problem then would be people stealthing, then simply waiting for the stealth effect to kick in, so during the delay, weapon/item inability as in stealth would need to be added.
Still, the ability to heal while in stealth is too much. If you could be (semi or something) targettable while in stealth, then it wouldn't be a problem. But as it is, stealthing is basically just putting on "god mode" for however long, and getting an extra 100 hp while doing it.

Shenyu Reza
24-09-05, 16:34

Nope ^^

Scanner Darkly
24-09-05, 17:49
Too lazy to read the whole thread (sorry), but what about this.

If you have a heal running you cannot stealth :p

Yep this would mean PEs (and i guess spies) getting tl3 healed to stop them stealthwhoring.

Funny idea, nein? Yeah I'm full of them...

eprodigy
24-09-05, 19:19
personally i dont think PE's (or spies really) need stealth, or should have it. at least in the way it currently works. but yeah i think heal stealthing shouldnt work, for that matter no medkit or stam booster eating in stealth.

most people here are not crying about losing a fight but they work towards balancing the game afterwords

why not just leave all the FRE's and bugs too? there are some of us who prefer having to work to stay in the game and dont come crying when we crash every 3 seconds.

first you come defend ppus, then you come defend stealth. ppu whore and a stealth whore i guess

Koshinn
24-09-05, 20:02

It does... people can see you when you heal.

Tesee
25-09-05, 03:41
I like Droms,
They cannot stealth but I cannot heal them ...8|

zii
25-09-05, 06:33
voted no. I like to see where the stealther has run off to.

Bugs Gunny
25-09-05, 07:42
No, it is an option.

If you are fighting someone that's good, healing and then stealthing will mean your death. They'll track you easy.

retr0n
25-09-05, 07:47
No, it is an option.

If you are fighting someone that's good, healing and then stealthing will mean your death. They'll track you easy.

But does it matter if they track you or not, you buy yourself 100 hp free, atleast.
Worst case scenario, you die anyway...

Lucid Dream
25-09-05, 08:05
Dear Everyone:
AAAAHHH
LEAVE STEALTH THE FUCK ALONE

p.s. please stop making threads about stealth people

hegemon
25-09-05, 13:15
And I'd rather not spend the whole fight chasing a pe/spy who can simply put on a heal and stealth into the nearest safezone.

Then don't. Noone is forcing you.

sultana
25-09-05, 14:57
Then don't. Noone is forcing you.
Wait a sec.

:wtf:

Though I guess your one of the people who just stealth whore there way into the next zone when someone comes along, who has even a slight chance of killing you.

eprodigy
25-09-05, 19:35
Then don't. No one is forcing you.
unfortunetly that is KK's philosophy too. whether it's class the that stupidly unbalances pvp, stealth whores, FRE's, etc etc etc

Androth
16-10-05, 22:16
I think you should think more in terms of a decent way to counter what, in your perception, is an advantage. nerf nerf nerf Rather than play the game and find a way to deal with the problem. Every class/play method has its advantages and disadvantages. Kinda what true balance really is, rather than everyone is exactly the same rock paper scissors.

hegemonic
16-10-05, 23:17
Voted no. Medis should work regardless. And I don't stealth whore, yet......

eprodigy
17-10-05, 02:02
I think you should think more in terms of a decent way to counter what, in your perception, is an advantage. nerf nerf nerf Rather than play the game and find a way to deal with the problem. Every class/play method has its advantages and disadvantages. Kinda what true balance really is, rather than everyone is exactly the same rock paper scissors.
so how about FRE's.. why do people complain to KK about all the bugs?

just play the game and find a way to deal with the problem!

sultana
17-10-05, 05:59
Making heals cut out while stealthing is not a "nerf" of such. You can see it as one, but the fact is, when you heal while stealthing, there is pratically no disadvatange. For the few classes that have a barrel, good luck hitting them with the current netcode, your more then likely to just kill yourself.

And of course, it's grand that i can see where the stealther is going (in the odd chance that the combination of stealth + db + heal doesn't make the graphics disappear). Because now I can find him 100 hp healthier, ready to stealth again, instead of dead on the ground.

yavimaya
17-10-05, 08:24

lol, i wouldnt ask a reason, if you havent noticed, most people that are against something have no valid reason at all, and can spurt nothing but childish dribble.

Lucid Dream
17-10-05, 09:58
Well, we went almost a month.

[ edited ]
edit: Plus there are 42 replies, and if someone else posts, it will ruin it.

numb
17-10-05, 10:58
Sorry Lucid...

I never understood why you cant target people in steatlh, i mean once you actually
see them, you should be able to shoot at the blue cloud. What, it makes bullets
bounce off of it?

Make the reticle close slower or something, but we should get to target them.

This is a real good idea in my opinion. Make it so you get a recticle, but the stealther gets out of range (so you cant get a lock) when he's 5m or so away from you.

E. Cryton
17-10-05, 11:06
numb, stealther would be just fraggmeat to apus/melees ...

Lucid Dream
17-10-05, 11:06
Sorry Lucid...

I just died a little inside =(