PDA

View Full Version : Vendetta Online

-FN-
23-09-05, 18:11
I downloaded this game and am trying the 8 hour trial (8 hours of login time, not stragith through)... it's not an FPS game, it's a space MMO. Bnd to be honest, so far it's damn cool.

http://www.vendetta-online.com/

Noob Tips (http://www.vendetta-online.com/x/msgboard/1/11123)

It's a very small player base (http://www.vendetta-online.com/h/active.html) game though - peaks at about 150 people... but hey, that's Terra :roll:

The combat so far is pretty cool tho, it's like a FPS but in a Ship, all realtime. The Graphics (http://www.vendetta-online.com/h/screenshots.html) are decent, not state-of-the-art, but decent.

Worth the 108mb dl. The game world is insanely huge. There are about 25 Universes, each with over 100 sectors which you can "jump" between. If you try the trial, make sure you do the tutorial mission!

*shrug* It's different, simple, pretty, and entertaining. More amusing than logging onto Terra night after night with every enemy clan having 0 online :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, and there is a client for Windows, OS X, and Linux :D

MrTrip
23-09-05, 18:43
...8...hours?....wtf? :wtf:

I'll take my 240 hour trial with Neocron instead....

-FN-
23-09-05, 19:37
Like I said, it's 8 played hours - not 8 hours from the second you sign up. If you play an hour a night, the trial will last 8 nights :p

There's also no game price, just a $10/month sub.

Morganth
23-09-05, 19:43
I've played this on and off since its Open Beta, its mission system is pretty decent. Basically, you pick up a mission at a space station, which could be "Kill 5 of XXX", and when you kill 5, you get a reward, and then I think it increments the number you need to kill. I found it fairly relaxing, seeing as it doesn't require a huge amount of learning to get to grips with, and its fun drifting through space.

LiL T
23-09-05, 19:57
Right click save Nuff said (http://myeve.eve-online.com/download/videos/Default.asp?a=download&vid=143)

14 day trial with mission system far greater then this game will ever be

-FN-
23-09-05, 20:50
I actually downloaded all the EVE videos today and watched them - it's pretty, but the lack of twitch combat would be something I'd miss. Also, every account I hear of EVE says it's awesome for the first week, then the leveling curve goes through the roof and insane amounts of boredom set in...

Its a cool game, i tried to trial a while back and was impressed by the support offered and lack of lag and crashes.
Very in depth game with lots to do and see but the leveling aspect really killed it for me in the end. When u get to high lvl it can take months and afaik even as much as a year (real time) to learn the next skill. WTF is that all about?

^ Stuff like that ^ But I've been looking for a trial - that might be worth it, but otherwise, V-O for $10 is very entertaining atm :) One refreshing thing about V-O, it hasn't crashed yet :D And you have to admit - the game is pretty damn impressive for a dev team of 4 PART time people 8|

LiL T
23-09-05, 22:49
I actually downloaded all the EVE videos today and watched them - it's pretty, but the lack of twitch combat would be something I'd miss. Also, every account I hear of EVE says it's awesome for the first week, then the leveling curve goes through the roof and insane amounts of boredom set in...

^ Stuff like that ^ But I've been looking for a trial - that might be worth it, but otherwise, V-O for $10 is very entertaining atm :) One refreshing thing about V-O, it hasn't crashed yet :D And you have to admit - the game is pretty damn impressive for a dev team of 4 PART time people 8|

Well ok those are allways the same things that put people off this game.

I started EvE a fair bit of time ago but I don't think befor Neocron, Neocron was first after lingage 1 I think in the beta stage and I totaly fell in love with neocron from those 2 weeks i had on army leave. I also played in eve beta on one of my army leaves, I continue to play both games but more eve atm so you won't see me much in cron. Over the time I have been with eve I should have a character over 20 million skill points but becasue of Neocron I'm only just hitting 10 million skill points.

But I'm loving it I have 2 accounts one is a trader he is used to play the market in a big way and make alot of profit. The other is good old littleterror who is my main, with this character I turn people into space dust from 150km+ and is in an old and very feared well know pirate corp. So I see alot of PVP, we even tryed to take over a whole region of space but went home after the owners were too carebear/scared to even fly anything above a shuttle. I love my role in this game of pirate scum, I can enter a system with about 15 people in it 90% of them will logoff, warp out or dock in a station and then smack talk me from there safe spot.

But there is allways one person who gets caught out :p

Victim: Razmite X
Alliance: Unknown
Corporation: Pea Smugglers Institute
Destroyed Type: Hoarder
Solar System: Kourmonen
System Security Level: 0.4

Involved parties:

Name: LittleTerror (laid the final blow)
Security Status: -10.0
Alliance: Unknown
Corporation: Beer and Kebabs
Ship Type: Raven
Weapon Type: Paradise Cruise Missile I

Destroyed items:

Type: Thunderbolt Heavy Missile I (Cargo)
Quantity: 1000

Type: Kernite Mining Crystal I Blueprint (Cargo)

Type: Jaspet Mining Crystal I Blueprint (Cargo)

Type: Isogen (Cargo)
Quantity: 456

Type: Fernite Carbide (Cargo)
Quantity: 1861

Type: Fullerides (Cargo)
Quantity: 902

Type: Mexallon (Cargo)
Quantity: 7107

Type: Radar Sensor Cluster (Cargo)
Quantity: 53

Type: Basic Expanded Cargohold (Fitted - Low slot)

Type: Crystalline Carbonide (Cargo)
Quantity: 1601