PDA

View Full Version : No para at opfights charter

Bugs Gunny
22-09-05, 10:19
Due to some people recently agreeing to refrain from parashock at opfights, it might be interesting for the clanleaders of the clans, willing to play by this rule to sign this charter.

If you are a clanleader, or you are allowed to speak for your clan, please sign this charter with the name of your clan, and possibly some comments on why you sign it.

Regards, Bugs Gunny, aka Gunnar Aegirson and the whole "missing" line of runners.

jini
22-09-05, 10:50
We can also give those clans a "green" no para certification ala microsoft lol 1111one
EDit: what is a charter?

Torg
22-09-05, 10:54
let me put my name on the list. no use of para, as a step one, and removing it from the game, as a step two.

Tesee
22-09-05, 11:10
No CS during OP wars (really too painfull)
No drugs (drugs are evil)
No alcool (evil too)
vehicule speed limt 25mph (otherwise it is dangerous)
No HL during OP wars (too much damage)
No snipers (it is not fair)
No debuff (not fair)
No PAs
No poison spells (protect the fauna and flora)
No ninja hack
No attack at all (too dangerous)

Bugs Gunny
22-09-05, 11:18
Tesee, i'll note your clan as "not signing" :-)

Basicaly this thread will list the clans that are willing to give up parashock in opfights.

So if your clan is on the list, and you're fighting another clan on the list you know para won't be used.

Seraphin[69]
22-09-05, 11:19
All weapon above TL 75 forbidden in opfights, max will be 1 heal / min / char

Come on be serious, sometimes beeing paraed is the only way to get a holy heal on your butt :-p

Crest
22-09-05, 11:58
']All weapon above TL 75 forbidden in opfights, max will be 1 heal / min / char

Come on be serious, sometimes beeing paraed is the only way to get a holy heal on your butt :-p

What exactly does this mean,
If clan A is on the charter and is attacked by clan B not on the charter ... does clan A break its membership rules by equalling the playing field.

What if Clan A and B are both charterised, and a rogue PPU from No clan walks by and uses para, what kind of reaction do you expect from them.
By making something formal you will make targets of the clans here. Just so people can call you names ...

Look at poor Kate Moss, it makes the world no better or worse her having a tip of the devils cup, yet someone has gone out of their way to destroy here, just because she was an easy target ..... Don't see pictures of Simon the man next door in any papers and he has a drug problem I know of .....

Anyways, I absolutely guarantee RID (Rid is Dead) will not be using Para on Terra. Since they never have, they havent all of a sudden got a need to do so ....(since I am the only active member I have consulted myself and agrered to this)

Brammers
22-09-05, 12:11
Ok then, here's the official straight to the point, no talking crap from Pheonix.

We will sign up to the Charter of refraining from using para at op-fights. Quite simply the PPU's and other members in Phoenix don't like para.

As for signing up for the speed limit Charter, no chance! :D

Bugs Gunny
22-09-05, 12:22
Nice on brammers.

*Bugs Gunny activates NC-TRADE*
"Selling 2 slot nc1 holy para, dm me"
*ponders about his trade*
"Oh, bloody hell, i'm not making someone else able to use it"

*pulls out his salvagetool*

CMaster
22-09-05, 12:42
I'll talk to the guys and get back to you.

[PiN]Fluffy
22-09-05, 12:57
AFAIK... My PPU will always use PAra... And DB. In op FIghts. When ganking PPUs are lame, but in opfights where everyone has ppus i See them perfectly fit.

Xeno LARD
22-09-05, 13:20
Fluffy']AFAIK... My PPU will always use PAra... And DB. In op FIghts. When ganking PPUs are lame, but in opfights where everyone has ppus i See them perfectly fit.
We knew that, no need to tell.

You're in FF. o_O

Dargeshaad
22-09-05, 13:26

You're in FF. o_O
It's funny because it's true :lol:

[TgR]KILLER
22-09-05, 14:02
i will never sell my para :p cus there is always people who will para me and they will just get a para back up there ass ;x

tho last op fights para went out... made place for a nice heal :P :P

Riddle
22-09-05, 14:19
Well gonna go out on a limb here....I LOVE my para!

No way i'm giving it up, besides i use it as a defence tool. Never use it at OP wars always to busy anti para and healing tbh :)

Except this one time where my whole OP team had been wiped out i made a sharp exit as UG was not ours i ran with a tank and an APU chasing me so I para'd them and made my escape :)

Bugs Gunny
22-09-05, 14:35
Face it, usualy parashock is not used as the escape tool it was designed to be. With people chasing you, antibuffing etc, you'll need all the mana you can get to rebuff and reheal.

Scanner Darkly
22-09-05, 14:46
Those fagging up this thread - please just vote 1 and move along. Read the First Post, this thread is not about you...

CMaster
23-09-05, 13:48
OK, TFC are in.

Riddle
23-09-05, 14:11
OK, TFC are in.
Noooooooooooooooo :(

*Packs Para away in appy

CMaster
23-09-05, 14:20
Noooooooooooooooo :(

*Packs Para away in appy

Wait - you're in TFC? Really gonna have to start demandig char screen screenies.

Bugs Gunny
23-09-05, 14:28
*busted* Lol

Lifewaster
23-09-05, 14:41
Except this one time where my whole OP team had been wiped out i made a sharp exit as UG was not ours i ran with a tank and an APU chasing me so I para'd them and made my escape :)

Well, if your op team is wiped, technically the op-fight is already over, so if you really needed to use it to escape at that stage, I dont think anyone would object.

SirRah
23-09-05, 15:47
Well gonna go out on a limb here....I LOVE my para!

No way i'm giving it up, besides i use it as a defence tool. Never use it at OP wars always to busy anti para and healing tbh :)

Well, yesterday Cmuster tried that too. He was being chased by an APU and Tank and para'd us. Then he didnt have enough mana for the antibuff which got him down....

Crest
23-09-05, 16:22
Still asking the same question .....

All the buy from these clans, but what are you gonna do when the enemy don't bide by the same rules ......

If it gives them an edge does it mean u go back to the way using it ?

I remember a few months back in F1 (US Gp), where all the mich tires could not take the last corner safely and wanted a slow down point added. Ferrari did not want it (Although if the used mich tires their tune would have been different) .

Moral is as follows, 1 team did not plpay ball, and because of this (Although 3 teams effectively road round the circuit many times), was that the Ferrari got the adv by getting the points ......

Is my question is asked .... Are you not going to take part in the op fight and give it to the enemy.... are you going to fight with the new your and only your new rules, or are you can to go back on your decision here

CMaster
23-09-05, 16:53
In all honesty - I'm only going to tell my guys to not para the others who are in this agreement. Against anyone else, go ahead (the "no para" idea was pretty popular on vent mind). I'd like to see more clans signing up mind. Still, after that incident Rah mentions, I'm REALLY put off using that damn spell again.

Clobber
23-09-05, 16:59
Since when do TFC and Phoenix op fight :rolleyes:

Next you will be telling me sxr do as well :lol:

Bugs Gunny
23-09-05, 17:24
They do :-)

Tostino
23-09-05, 17:33
I'll ask the few people that still play NC if they would like to do this. I wouldn't mind at all, aslong as it doesn't include DB.

CMaster
23-09-05, 17:41
Since when do TFC and Phoenix op fight :rolleyes:

Next you will be telling me sxr do as well :lol:
TFC and SXR have been the only op warring Pro clans this past week or two...

Scanner Darkly
23-09-05, 18:14
The fights may not be massive 20v20 NC1 style fights, but they sure are fun. DB has nothing to do with this, it detracts no fun from fighting imo.

LaZyBoY
23-09-05, 20:59
Fluffy']AFAIK... My PPU will always use PAra... And DB. In op FIghts. When ganking PPUs are lame, but in opfights where everyone has ppus i See them perfectly fit.
Fluffy does not represent FF in any way.

Asurmen Spec Op
23-09-05, 22:45
Fluffy does not represent FF in any way.
Good to hear

more or less para?

Tesee
23-09-05, 23:34
damned this evening, at foster, i forgot to use my para...:wtf::eek::lol:

giga191
24-09-05, 01:04
people are just a bunch of hypocrites. Of course they are oblivious to the fact that they do most of the stuff they complain about themselves, although they will subconsciously convince themselves that what they are doing is justified :rolleyes:

Asurmen Spec Op
24-09-05, 01:06
people are just a bunch of hypocrites. Of course they are oblivious to the fact that they do most of the stuff they complain about themselves, although they will subconsciously convince themselves that what they are doing is justified :rolleyes:
I dont use PPUs am I special?

giga191
24-09-05, 01:11
I dont use PPUs am I special? your probably not as weird as you claim to be so that makes you a hypocrite 0o

or vice versa

Asurmen Spec Op
24-09-05, 01:16
your probably not as weird as you claim to be so that makes you a hypocrite 0o

or vice versa
Do you honestly want to make that bet?

Im a hypocryte in some things, but sure as hell not PPUs, OPs, and my weirdness

giga191
24-09-05, 01:19
how often do you even actually play?

Asurmen Spec Op
24-09-05, 01:21
how often do you even actually play?
quite a bit, I just do this while loming, csting, SI, Watching TV <3 borrowing some ones laptop.

School etc

imper1um
24-09-05, 07:31
I thought the campaign selling this game was 'No More Elves'? Whats with this Elvish Charter?

Asurmen Spec Op
24-09-05, 07:59
I thought the campaign selling this game was 'No More Elves'? Whats with this Elvish Charter?
Whats skill momy?
<.<
>.>
:lol:
Players dont care if it was a giant fuzzy carebear, if it helps them win and make their little itty bitty e-penis a bit better, they'll shove it so far up their ass your mind will blead

Riddle
24-09-05, 13:37
Well, yesterday Cmuster tried that too. He was being chased by an APU and Tank and para'd us. Then he didnt have enough mana for the antibuff which got him down....

he was probably just unlucky ;)

imper1um
24-09-05, 18:31
Whats skill momy?
<.<
>.>
:lol:
Players dont care if it was a giant fuzzy carebear, if it helps them win and make their little itty bitty e-penis a bit better, they'll shove it so far up their ass your mind will blead
I don't know, really, whats the deal with people unable to figure out what an AntiPara skill is.

Asurmen Spec Op
24-09-05, 18:34
I don't know, really, whats the deal with people unable to figure out what an AntiPara skill is.
woooooww its a skill now?
If my memory sutes me, its just drug poping and wasting money on skilless gits

Bugs Gunny
24-09-05, 19:20
Not to mention a deathwish due to severe drugflash. But then most ppus wouldn't know that, as they prefer to play their ppus all the times.

eprodigy
24-09-05, 19:29
good idea. everyone but the respectable clans like (SXR, phoenix, tfc) will still use it. giving the big clans yet another advantage..

i have so many built holy paras.. i will never sell a single one. cant wait for the day that cab is suddenly full of milky ren's.

CMaster
30-09-05, 23:02
Based on the behaviourr ther clans in this agreement, I think we wil probably be pulling out from this charter.

giga191
30-09-05, 23:18
would be easier if KK did something :rolleyes:

EDIT: something to forward to KK perhaps, mr niddy

braydagner
30-09-05, 23:40
I think there should be an addition to this: any clan signed to this doesn't bring a clan thats NOT. Its kind of hard picking and choosing who you can and can't para, and who DID para you.

giga191
01-10-05, 01:06
i think it would be easier to appeal to individuals to try to stop them using para than whole clans

[TgR]KILLER
01-10-05, 01:30
I think there should be an addition to this: any clan signed to this doesn't bring a clan thats NOT. Its kind of hard picking and choosing who you can and can't para, and who DID para you.

and as i just said on vent this never gonna work anyway. cause not all clans have signed this and if you get attacked by twice as many people as you got on you ask for backup.

CMaster
01-10-05, 01:32
I don't mind you calling for support (to some degree). WHat I mind is that nobody would even TALK to me about this, when I tried to raise the issue.

naimex
01-10-05, 01:57
as I said to Cmaster ingame, I personally donīt approve in Para or AntiBuffs during opfights, or in general.

Against PPUs I can accept it to a certain degree. think most PPUs would prefer to be antibuffed and paraed over getting noob buffed.

The problem comes if they get noob buffed too.

CMaster
01-10-05, 02:18
Anti-buffing is fine. Para sucks, cos it just saps the fun. I'm not a dan of noob buffing because its very hard to do anything about, espcially ina big fight where you ahve no idea who is getting HABed. However, as long as PPUs remain so damn hard to kill, it can remain.

Tostino
01-10-05, 04:35
Personaly I have never had that big a problem with noob buffing. It is not very hard to get shields on again before you get noobed (unless they are going for a heal or D). I agree with Cmaster that Para is what ruins OP fights for me.

Bugs Gunny
01-10-05, 07:43
noobbuffign and nibhealing is realy not that hard to do.
All you have to do is test how long it takes for you apu to cast his, the time it takes for you to cast your shelter, then ask him to say "go" on vent, you count the difference and get it synched.

As for noobheals, just go solo against ppu plugged players a lot and you'll learn within a month to become a 15sec clock :-)

I got a LOT of ppus with nibheal last night, and a few with nibshelter.
One even got nibhealed twice in a row.

As for last night's parause, i don't think phoenix used it, as we started the opfight without a ppu, then r2k came and trauma came and they both used it.

On a side note, i'm going to lom my barter back to droning. They are amazing when using kamis.

Scanner Darkly
01-10-05, 10:18
On a side note, i'm going to lom my barter back to droning. They are amazing when using kamis.

With me you and Bram having droners - wouldn't that kinda make any OP wars against us pointless? :lol:

3 Kami drones at the same time would take care of a lot of "resistance". :angel:

giga191
01-10-05, 10:22
kami drones aren't that great. the net code is still quite appalling so it takes considerable precision to set one off at the right place

Neally
01-10-05, 10:24
Just readed the first page, and i wonder if there will be a day soon where there won't be someone crying due to PPU para in-game ;)

Again the way i think is that PPU para isn't a problem, the problem is to buy a non-recyclable drug for 1700nc and get uber flashed after you took 2 of them.

Skusty
01-10-05, 11:11

You're in FF. o_O
FF can't live without UG / para / db!

[TgR]KILLER
01-10-05, 12:04
will people stop flaming ff for once ? lol

i don't mind you bringing help to cmaster but a night or 2 before we fought with trauma and they kinda nibhealed nibbuffed and parad all the time. they had 2 ppu's doing nothing else. so they kinda lost all respect.. so when they are @ a op fight its hard just to hit them with the same stuff.

afaik bram had a pm from you about the para that came from r2k but after that we were fighting again dno what happend. we all logged @ 1 am was no point fighting on more were a bit outnumberd we had 5 at jeriko. 2 ppu's an apu and 2 tanks or so. ( only changed when 1 died and logged alt ) and during quick counts you started with 2 ppu's 4 apu's a mc and a pe.. tho later on a droner was there to and at least 2 other tanks and another ppu.. so we gave up wasn't no point fighting on like that.

Brammers
01-10-05, 12:29
I can only repeat what Killer said. I did see your message, but was tied up with about 50 other things.

1st Fight, we didn't have PPU online at all, R2K came along with a PPU just so we could get a fairly even fight. FYI R2K are not in the Para treaty. So I don't see how we broke it.

Send me a PM with names and details, and I'll bend some ears if needed.

CMaster
01-10-05, 12:50
Yeah, just because someone mentions PPU or Para doesnt mean you have to rant at FF immediatley.

There was a PE at Jeriko? Did't see him, although I think I saw more monks that you counted. But yes, the fights kinda went downhill after Crest - more and more Trauma kept logging in and it seemed R2K were logging off. Gawd Crest is an awful place to fight wwith the UG up there...

Its easy to avoid being nib-shelterd if you are a solo PPU. If you are in the middle of a 20 man fight though, and you seen an enemy antibuffing - you don't know whos being HABed until someones buffs have vanished. By that time, the nib S is already on as the enemy PPU/PE started casting before the HAB finished - how are you meant to counter that? Still, it often remains the only way to actually kill a PPU.

Riddle
03-10-05, 13:53
Crest was a Para'Fest.

In fact I was so annoyed (well not as annoyed as some :P) I would have returned the favour had mine not been in the gogo ;) .

Para, Para, Para....Yawn :( Its hard enough to find room to manaouvre at Crest even before the para!!