PDA

View Full Version : loosing interest...

Rubycat
22-09-05, 06:19
Not a rant. im just havent logged in for almost 2 weeks
-my xx/41 low tech PE maybe just isnt as fun as id thought (cyclops after cyclops doing 18dmg a hit with gatlin pistol)

not really sure how to spark myself back into playing, i wish i had high tech (only T-C of 25) it looks like high tech weapons beat out the low techs in pistols -or maybe it cause all these people have rares which i cant touch yet)..

my typical routine in Nc2
synchhhh
synchhhh
synchhhh
finally logged in no problem
(mail is spammed with pe intermediate garbage)
fatal crash...

ok after all that and if i get in
head off to cyclops bunker
shoot shoot shoot
get beat up use meds (maybe die from mob)
recycle to make ammo and meds
wep gets low on condition.. go find someone with repair
-i might level somewhere in here with my dex, but its taking alot of xp around 50some odd dex-
if no repair person found.. log off

--maybe im missing out on some things i dont know about, like better hunting areas and maybe ive botched my pes build..--

MrTrip
22-09-05, 06:37
Meh...I'm losing interest too

I like the PVP server, I don't like not having a safe slot and losing my hybrid spells...

I also don't like not having to hack qb's, if anything make it easier to hack, not just open.

I like the PVP server though, leveling was pretty fun, now I'm trying to get enough sympathy to access the crahn FSM, and get everything together, maybe then I will pop my LE and pvp.

dem0n
22-09-05, 06:39
if you ever get bored... trust me. just delete all 4 of your chars. loose all them FSM, rares and epics. and start over again. always works.

jini
22-09-05, 06:58
--maybe im missing out on some things i dont know about, like better hunting areas and maybe ive botched my pes build..--
you do miss a lot. first you can try forgeting about cyclops bunker. you can specc out some poison and head towards cycrow (well a lot of poison, and get a fh1 and a poison belt).
Second, team. PEs are gaining experience in all area with teaming. Therefore you should drop medkits and get some psi spells built, like heals and such.
Third you can try high tech. You dont need rare pistols as for now. And there are a lot of high tech pistols that are good.
In which server do you play?

Rubycat
22-09-05, 06:59
Terra.

i dont have any rares or epics to get rid of.. this is my only character

jini
22-09-05, 07:12
Terra.

i dont have any rares or epics to get rid of.. this is my only character
ok ruby login to terra.
I ll try helping you for 30 mins or so while i drink my morning coffee :)

Lifewaster
22-09-05, 07:54
Try turning on the help channel in game, and see if anyone can suggest better hunting areas/weapons for you etc. Theres usually always a few ppl in the channel to help out.

eprodigy
22-09-05, 07:54
how about PVP? ??

we know leveling sucks.. even a new player can cap a PE in less then a week though...

Dargeshaad
22-09-05, 07:59
how about PVP? ??

we know leveling sucks.. even a new player can cap a PE in less then a week though...
PvP will just make him leave faster, considering everyone and their mother uses a ppu butt-plug these days.

DONT PVP!!!!!!!!!

Darkana
22-09-05, 08:55
even a new player can cap a PE in less then a week though...No, normally not. First off a new player has to learn the game, and for that you need more than a week for sure. There is so much information to memorize, which dooesn't happen in one week. So even if you support a new player fulltime over a week, this player may have a high level char then, but lacks a lot of information still.

Secondly, most new players aren't pushed that way (only partial, if at all), but "crawl" through the game, mostly because of lack of knowledge and the lack of resources (e.g. money for new armor, to get a better weapons build, to get better implants, knowing where to hunt and what to hunt etc.pp.). I think it's ok that way, though. Some just level too fast for their own good :p

RogerRamjet
22-09-05, 08:59
I know i wish i could go back to being a complete noob :(

Dargeshaad
22-09-05, 09:01
I know i wish i could go back to being a complete noob :(
Did you ever stop beeing one? :lol:

Crest
22-09-05, 09:57
Even a new player can cap a PE in less then a week though...

Man that smacks of arrogance,

Unless you have some butt plug, some one showing you the ropes, and building the weapons, and identifying the weapons you need, and teaching you that at level 40, you could be gaining rares or teaming with others to do caves. Plus Its not neptune where you can level to level 40 in 5 hours only killing aggies.

PE's get psi from teams or missions. Get into a team (possible a ppu / apu based team) go to the caves .. .This will boost your leveling. Splashing out on hi tech ... dunno much about that, the only PE I have is low tech pistol.

As for class you choose....PE's are the most diveres and easiest to cap, mainly due to their primary stats capping @80 and you can gain all skills through hunting (Teams for psi).

If you need something built let me know here, I will pull out a constructor and stuff....I can also look to see what 0 / 1 slot rare stuff I have lying around. In game I avent been on terra for months, and barely on neptune (although its more than I used to be).

Also most times when people talk cap they talk about capping their main stat
Tank = Strength (And if you cap constitution in 1 week you are exploiting)
Monks = Psi (And if you cap int in 1 week, not only are you chearting but I want to know how)
Spy its Dex and int (Int is slightly slower unless you drone)
PE (Dex and cons I think, both can be capped quickly with all other stats)
Reason for this is as follows
It takes as long to get a stat from level 84 or 85 to 100 as it does from 0 to 84 or 85 (Its about that point).
When your main stats hits 86 you know your half way there.
PE's are different as their stats cap before then

Also People like Darkana and Elle are always helpfull anlooking up...I havent seen you for age Darkana.

If your LE is out, get into a clan ... not one of the big ones, find some one like XTC who are small and leader cares about individuals and not about map dominance .....

Original monk
22-09-05, 10:12
rubycat the other classes also have there pro's and con's, maybe you will like these sooner or later tough this takes time to try out and such :)

a PE is a very good start as pe's are pretty strong and can go into diffrent directions .. even heavy combat lol

i see youre getting bored from running around the cyclopsbunker :) seeing you get closer to the cyclopses attacklevel you will level up less yourself :)

maybe try the chaoscave like jini suggested .. when youre teamed there its great XP and nice cash, or if you prefer leveling alone you could try to get yourself a healsanctum, heal (tl10 even if possible, from the mr.jonesmissions) filterheart, some basic poisonresists in con and a poisonbelt as said and get going to a swampcave, in any case leveling will get much faster and when youre high enough you could even setup for hunting warbots or firemobs or sumthing (to get these coowl rares with the swirley around em :) )

a pistol doesnt level THAT fast in general tough, tanks and monks with there areaweapons level a bit faster by killing groups of small critters (ideal is chaoscaves then)

on my pistolPE i went aggysewers > cyclopsbunker > swampcaves !! (a damageboostspell wich PE's can acces improves effectiveness, you gain psi by doing missions and teaming) .. i damageboost a 70/70 or 80/80 mob in the swampcave (D_06 gravis for example or at jankings or a zone north of jankins) 3 times and bambambam .. goes pretty smooth :) look out for the flying 90/90 and 100/100's tough .. there bite can hurt and a few stacks of poison do reasonable damage :) in the beginning i suggest stick to the first room and reset the cave as its done .. as soon as youre used to it you can go deeper in the cave :)

in any case the more you level up the more you get acces to hilevel gear like armour and weapons (i always liked the uzi line :p tl63 smg is fun yeah) and the better mobs you can hunt .. better as in better loot (techs even) and better XP :) you say you dont gain alot from killing cyclopses .. yust try a swampcave and kill 1, maybe 2 or even 3 animals .. and you surely gain a few levels hehe

it can be true some hitechweapons do more damage then youre lowtechweapons .. tough the cost for hitech is that you can spec less in speed and you need chips to cap youre weapons decently wich takes away place for nice other chips wich increase youre defense :) its always a give and take situation

leveling is simple: the higher TL weapon you use, the higher TL mob you shoot and the more you cap youre weapon ... the faster you will level :)

incase you didnt know allready here some cappinginfo, this case its a rifle but a pistol is the same:

http://users.pandora.be/original/pe.jpg

also alot of great infoz can be found in the player 2 player help section (bradstl's guides) and also tons of info on for example weapons, chips and epics on http://nc.synergyxr.net/

Riddle
22-09-05, 10:18
look me up on Terra <<Logans Emporium>> will sponsor you a few Free weapons if you want them built also a PE has loads of spells he can use so get levelling that psi. Get a Heal, deflector a resist booster if you can't i'll sort those too.

Other than that here's my suggestion - why not start a new char? A Tank or a monk they level fairly good and you can try out different weapons such as a Melee tank or the hard hitting damage of an Agrressive Monk.
I even get bored Grinding one char so i swop between others i have, this helps me loads.

With a monk put points in Fire resist and after you level a bit in aggies get to el-farid.

With a melee tank spec some Heavy combat so you can gun a chaincraft and drive it when your INT hits 15.

THere is lots to do its just meeting the right people to show you around and whats available :)

Good luck.

Original monk
22-09-05, 10:20
look me up on Terra <<Logans Emporium>>

yeah this service is great rubycat .. serieus .. and hes online alot

Crest
22-09-05, 10:27
Other than that here's my suggestion - why not start a new char? A Tank or a monk they level fairly good and you can try out different weapons such as a Melee tank or the hard hitting damage of an Agrressive Monk.
Good luck.

Yeah and leave the PPU for later ... I once ran into a player who was new to game and choose a PPU as his first char ..... took me a while to explain why it was a bad choice for first char in game ... .if you have friends and all then starting a PPU from scratch can wor k... but it is slower

RogerRamjet
22-09-05, 13:20
Did you ever stop beeing one? :lol:

HARHARHAR, PHEAR TEH JENERIK LEET SPEKE SMAKTORK INSULT

:D

Xeno LARD
22-09-05, 13:31
synchhhh
synchhhh
synchhhh
finally logged in no problem
(mail is spammed with pe intermediate garbage)
fatal crash...
Well, thats you fucked up, not the game.

I`ve been playing 3 years, i never had any problems logging in.
Maybe a 50/50 synch once in a while but thats it already.

/EDIT
ROGER I MISS YOU!!1234FIVE
<3

Riddle
22-09-05, 13:43

Thx m8 :D

Asurmen Spec Op
22-09-05, 14:29
Yeah, everywhere I go hes there

Original monk
22-09-05, 14:35
thanx goes to you actually riddle, i seen you busy lots of times on trade and can only say its a great innitiative :)

when i see a noob and can help em out with some basic infoz or some cash so he can atleast activate the THgenrep after a long hard trip i will certainly do so, but you take it a serieus step further :)

nice job

Seven
23-09-05, 14:46
I'm bored too, not renewing accounts at this point, but it's been 3 years for me so that's pretty good for a game company with so many problems to keep me interested for so long.

Imagine what this game could have been without all the wrong decisions that were made along the way.

Biggest reason I'm not renewing is the low server pops, I'm fed up with that already...

Crest
23-09-05, 15:24
I'm bored too, not renewing accounts at this point, but it's been 3 years for me so that's pretty good for a game company with so many problems to keep me interested for so long.

Imagine what this game could have been without all the wrong decisions that were made along the way.

Biggest reason I'm not renewing is the low server pops, I'm fed up with that already...

I am playing on a cacelled account at the moment..... we one day my posts will be no more then you know .... its still cancelled

giga191
24-09-05, 00:54
Meh...I'm losing interest too

I like the PVP server, I don't like not having a safe slot and losing my hybrid spells...

I also don't like not having to hack qb's, if anything make it easier to hack, not just open.

I like the PVP server though, leveling was pretty fun, now I'm trying to get enough sympathy to access the crahn FSM, and get everything together, maybe then I will pop my LE and pvp. hybrids are really lame on pvp server. they should drop everything they have when they die