PDA

View Full Version : Symp Whoring Against Rules

Ras Klaat
21-09-05, 18:52
I know everyone has thier opinion on it but i dont care. I have tried to search for an official wrod on the matter but found none.
I would like someone to let me know if it is against the rules or not.
Im talking to officials only, everyone has thier own opinion but i could care less.

If there is an official word on it can someone point me towards it please.

Crest
21-09-05, 19:05
Excuse my ignorance but what is symp whoring .....
Is it killing a player to gain symp ?

Ras Klaat
21-09-05, 19:07

yes it is

Asurmen Spec Op
21-09-05, 19:20
Its having a friend or alt make an enemy(or pay whatever) and repeatedly kill him for symp

and yes, an offical ruling would be nice

Nullvoid
21-09-05, 20:11
When I used one of my chars as a symp whore, Carb appeared beside us and said he was giving us both a warning for exploiting. Yet others seem to get away with it on a daily basis...

LiL T
21-09-05, 20:43
Its a bit naughty I think same as going no faction when outside of clan killing too many of your own.. stupid tbh they should fix it so you don't lose faction but are KOS to the faction gaurds. If you need to gain the symp just kill your friend till you gain at least enough to do easy missions, its normaly how I would have done it.

/edit there are NPC's which gain you symp from killing them I'm not sure how they view this =/

Bishop Yutani
21-09-05, 21:10
Hey thats a good idea. I never thought about that :D Kidding

I know in that World War 2 FPS, i forgot what it is - ?battlefield? They have people doing the same thing. They take 3 guys, one guy shoots the other guy and the third guy is a medic and revives him. The first and third get majoro points in their combat / medic skills.

These people get banned or their characters wiped. KK probably doesnt have the tracking that battlefield has, but from Nullvoid's comment, i'm sure the official word is that it is against the rules.

cloud_kicker
21-09-05, 21:13
It is not against the rules of neocron to kill someone while they have sympnatic impairment. If someone does it mean they are 1 a noob or 2 they dont know how to pvp and they die when they try to take someone on 1 on 1

my opinion i am against it and i would never do it that is such the noobish way of killing someone

LiL T
21-09-05, 21:23
It is not against the rules of neocron to kill someone while they have sympnatic impairment. If someone does it mean they are 1 a noob or 2 they dont know how to pvp and they die when they try to take someone on 1 on 1

my opinion i am against it and i would never do it that is such the noobish way of killing someone

humm o_O

plz read the first post and thread title

Original monk
21-09-05, 21:32
battlefield? They have people doing the same thing. They take 3 guys, one guy shoots the other guy and the third guy is a medic and revives him. The first and third get majoro points in their combat / medic skills.

and they brag about it ... tough when you check there stats they have impossible killingstreaks and you can laugh at em :)

Morganth
21-09-05, 21:40
I don't think symp whoring should be against the rules, because it gives people a way of making cash. The only thing that would make it exploiting was if your character was transferred to NC2 with 0 SL and stayed like that even if you go afk for days, and you GR killed them. You gain/loose symp, without SL loss, which would be bug exploiting, but I don't think there are that many characters on non-banned accounts that still have a solid 0 SL. Last character I knew to be used for it won't be playable for another 9 and a half years, for completely unrelated reasons :lol:

naimex
21-09-05, 21:51
Symphaty Whoring
Soullight Whoring
Tank Shoot Self Con XP (aka tank wank)

Is officially not allowed, but as they stated themselves, itīs hard for them to control.

And for those wondering about the "Tank Wank" it was because when it was first announced that it wasnīt allowed, someone said that tanks would still be doing it in their apartments anyways, sort of like wanking so well, it got a lil nickie...

That should take care ov' this thread.

Riddle
21-09-05, 22:07
I consider that specifically creating a char with the intention of Getting killed repeatedly for Symph/Soullight an exploit tbh, Both the guy who kills and the 'whore' who is killed.

Easy fix - allow only 1 point of Symph/soullight per runner per hour thus you will only get one point not 90 symph after 10 mins of SPAM killing the whore at a genrep.

Probably now more common since the TL150 cubes became unviable for allied PK'ers.

Never done it, don't agree with it. BAN it.

Vae Victis
21-09-05, 22:14
Tank Shoot Self Con XP (aka tank wank)

Is officially not allowed, but as they stated themselves, itīs hard for them to control.
that aint hard to control.. just be santa, visit all apts :)
man if someone is shooting himself, and not replying to u, he's really into wanking :)
(aka sleeping + macro con)

naimex
21-09-05, 22:26
I consider that specifically creating a char with the intention of Getting killed repeatedly for Symph/Soullight an exploit tbh, Both the guy who kills and the 'whore' who is killed.

Easy fix - allow only 1 point of Symph/soullight per runner per hour thus you will only get one point not 90 symph after 10 mins of SPAM killing the whore at a genrep.

Probably now more common since the TL150 cubes became unviable for allied PK'ers.

Never done it, don't agree with it. BAN it.

The problem is, that killling an enemy or another runner in general should give you some symphaty with some factions.

The problem is that itīs dependant on the situation.

2 Runners meeting randomly without having discussed anything or having agreed to do anything, end up in a battle with eachother, winner gains some symp, loses some symp.

Allowed.

2 Runners meeting as agreed, having discussed or mentioned that they were gonna symp whore or something, and get to it, even if they do battler over it, and the winner gains some symp and loses some symp, then its an agreed symp whoring, even though he had to fight for it.

Not Allowed.

Soullight is the same...

Tank con is different, because the rule on it was that you werent allowed to shoot yourself, and you get only a fraction of it, if others shoot you.

But still, if itīs agreed on, discussed or mentioned then itīs not allowed.

If you just go out and battle everyone you can find to get some con xp, then it should be alright.

itīs as different from eachother as breaking a rule, and bending a rule.

So basically, itīs allowed for you to track down runners of a given faction and kill him, but if he repeatedly comes back to the same gr, even though you keep killing him, he is actually committing the symp whoring, and then he is to be blamed. but if he goes to a different generep, and the guy attacking doesnīt know that he is going to that specific generep, but finds him there and kills him again, then theres no problem in it.

And again, if a person has low enough sl, you can find him through the citycom, and then track him down, kill him, and then he will spawn some other place, and here goes the same as in the previous case.

So theyīre all flexible, but most people do it the way itīs not supposed to be done.

Kind of like epic kills...

Theyīre not meant to be "need faction runner for epic kill" and then they agree to go somewhere and bam bam dead.

Youīre supposed to track a runner down and shoot him dead, which of course is a terrible pain for tradeskillers.

But I havenīt seen any official rules saying that youīre not allowed to request a person of a specific faction for epic kills, so there shouldnīt be any problems either way with that.

There are lots of odd and incredibly flexible rules in the game.

Like the one saying, youīre not allowed to stand behind fences shooting through them, or being in places where the mob cant reach you.

There are places where the mob can reach you but you can hide behind something and then just duck when you arent attacking.

They can get to you, if they go to the side and forward, they can shoot you when you arenīt crouched, but they canīt whilst youīre ducked, and you canīt shoot back at them when youīre ducked, so you arenīt doing anything wrong according to the rules, but you have minimized the amount of hits landing on you... So itīs not an exploit, and itīs not breaking any rules, itīs just strategy at itīs best.

No matter how tight a rule, there are always ways to bend it to your own advantage, the problem is finding a way that doesnīt cross paths with other rules...

So, Iīll leave it to you to think for yourselves if you wish to find a solution that gives you the best advantage towards your goal, in this threads case its getting fast symp without breaking any rules or using exploits..

EDIT:

that aint hard to control.. just be santa, visit all apts :)
man if someone is shooting himself, and not replying to u, he's really into wanking :)
(aka sleeping + macro con)

Macroīs are a serious NO-NO in this game.

LiL T
21-09-05, 22:32
I won't do it my self no more, I have found much much more fun ways to do symp whoring, it takes longer but at least its the way they intended it too be. I'm not gonna lie I use to symp whore alot to change factions and to get my symp up to 90 but this was befor I knew KK had some sort of problem with it.

No idea what would happen to you if you exploited it perhapes a temp ban first time round, I think its silly symp should lvl as fast as you would lose SL imo.

/edit

Tbh if your in some faction and kill one of there members you would be KOS untill you redeemed your self and the faction that you were enemy with would have some sort of love for you actions. Remove SL system base it all on faction symp, its allready been said befor and the man who posted that posted in the this thread today. Might not have been his own idea but he posted it .

naimex
21-09-05, 22:39
/edit

Tbh if your in some faction and kill one of there members you would be KOS untill you redeemed your self and the faction that you were enemy with would have some sort of love for you actions. Remove SL system base it all on faction symp, its allready been said befor and the man who posted that posted in the this thread today. Might not have been his own idea but he posted it .

Indeed, dynamic factions for the win!

LiL T
21-09-05, 22:44
Indeed, dynamic factions for the win!

Aye that be you that posted about dynamic factions and I'd love that since I'm moving around as I please. I make my friends and enemys by the gun, you don't like me well you will hate me, you think I'm ok then I might not kill you. :lol:

In other words I don't feel part of the whole faction or clan thing, never really did.

naimex
21-09-05, 23:02
Aye that be you that posted about dynamic factions and I'd love that since I'm moving around as I please. I make my friends and enemys by the gun, you don't like me well you will hate me, you think I'm ok then I might not kill you. :lol:

In other words I don't feel part of the whole faction or clan thing, never really did.

My thread on dynamic factions was HERE (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=99115) please donīt post in it, since itīs helluh old.

Donīt think it was the first to air this idea, but think it was the first to assemble the pieces flying in the air.

Scanner Darkly
21-09-05, 23:37
Okay so say that this was fixed and you couldnt gain symp from a symp bitch. So now there are several 100 characters who have negative symp with one side of factions and perhaps CM too. How do these people ever change from one side to the other, should they choose to?

You'd need some other device in place for this, as I think it's unreasonable to have people locked into nc or doy permanently, or to be expected to kill dozens of enemy in anarchy zones to switch sides...

Then again there are certain npcs ^^

Asurmen Spec Op
21-09-05, 23:39
Okay so say that this was fixed and you couldnt gain symp from a symp bitch. So now there are several 100 characters who have negative symp with one side of factions and perhaps CM too. How do these people ever change from one side to the other, should they choose to?

You'd need some other device in place for this, as I think it's unreasonable to have people locked into nc or doy permanently, or to be expected to kill dozens of enemy in anarchy zones to switch sides...

There is the Doy to NC and NC to doy quests, I think they work
and changing cities should be VERY ASS HARD
What makes you think the other city WANTS you after you fighting against them?

LiL T
21-09-05, 23:45

They murder people plain and simple, you want to go too the other side then why care about the faction you came from, KILL EM fast clean and pure griefing its what KK wants ....:rolleyes:

Scanner Darkly
22-09-05, 14:47
There is the Doy to NC and NC to doy quests, I think they work

Forgive me for being a noob, but what are these?

Crest
23-09-05, 15:22
Three days and no official word, I take that as, this is not an exploit, cause people who exploit get banned, people who posts exploits get there posts reased and I am sure warned ... and no one reported anything like that.....

The real problem is ... yes it is probably viewed as an exploit, but, since there is no other way provided to get your symp from - 99 to 10 to do missions, and it will take 5 million years to do so by its self (Without you killing no one in that time). It can only be brushed asside, until resources are allocated to this issue .... Mebbe a theme week (Whats that again)

nobby
23-09-05, 15:25
1 word, Apartment :p

I don't understand what the hell you're supposed to do when you have -99 symp O_o

silly rule TBH

Torg
23-09-05, 15:28
symp-whoring is unneccessary. you can do it all by killing NPCs. just remember what you learned in countless epic quests.

Carbonite
23-09-05, 15:46
I know everyone has thier opinion on it but i dont care. I have tried to search for an official wrod on the matter but found none.
I would like someone to let me know if it is against the rules or not.
Im talking to officials only, everyone has thier own opinion but i could care less.

If there is an official word on it can someone point me towards it please.

"Symp whoring" is against the rules, and anyone caught doing it will get a warning added to their account or even get a ban. It goes under the same rule as leveling Constitution.

Nidhogg
23-09-05, 15:48
Answer provided. Since the rules are immutable, this thread is closed.

N