PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Adventure!!

cloud_kicker
21-09-05, 15:59
I wanted to go down and try to get some ultima and illigal slot enhacners last night so we went from I-13 to get to lvl 3 and it was the worste time we all kept dying as soon as we went from lvl 2 to lvl 3 that is insane they would kill us before we would even load in to lvl 3 in my group we had 2 tanks 2 ppus and a spi so tell me what kind of group do you need down there cause after dieing 5 time to try to get out we ended up killing one mob that i couldnt even loot cause the bot came around the corner and smoked me so finally after 2 hours of dieing the spi just stealthed down and grabbed all our belts and nevertheless i wont be doing that again for awhile
so what kind of group do i need to go down there?
and what is the easyist way to get down there?

Crest
21-09-05, 16:10
We have done DOYs level 3 with 2 ppu's and 3 apu's .....
The hard part is setting up in level 3 ... once you have killed the first few mobs at zone poit you are ok ..... Hiding behind the stairs or on top of the stairs helps a bit, buys a little time but not everyone will fit and mobs do come around the sides.
Once you killed the ones at zone points, you can pull 1 or 2 at a time and can always fall back around the corner of heals and buffs....

2 things ...
1) once you leave the previus level it resets = you go back and you will have company
2) Those crappy mobs that kills everything when they get hit .... even PPU's ....

Dargeshaad
21-09-05, 16:11
Well the obvious answer is as with regards to anything else in this game....BRING MORE PPUS!!! woooooooooooo

Riddle
21-09-05, 16:44
Heal , Heal and more heal also make sure you cap your spells etc.

As for the zone you need a quick synch :) and as said before dispatch the first mobs in tunnel fast. Sometimes there grouped in main corridor so run forward and down the nearest tunnel this is sometimes empty will allow you to gather your wits :p

There is still and always have been the inevitable Team wipe :( been there several times and gone from full health to dead.

Get your team to Kneel for extended heal buff and get those tanks up the front to take damage. They kneel allowing one PPU to heal them the other DB's mobs in front ( he can get a clear line of sight if they kneel ). This generally works for us as movement is limited Stand your ground to kill them then move for cover, rinse repeat :D

Original monk
21-09-05, 16:44
MKII bots love ppu's !!

RogerRamjet
21-09-05, 16:54
2 PPUs + 1 tank works a treat :D

cloud_kicker
21-09-05, 16:55
Hell ya the mkII bot as soon as that came around the corner is when we all started dying.

so you think it is possable to do it with 2 tanks and 2 ppus or do we need that apu powa

RogerRamjet
21-09-05, 16:57
2 tanks should be fine, aslong as theyre setup real well.

Scanner Darkly
21-09-05, 17:39
When zoning in from level 2 - 1 PPU zones first and has HHS running. He stands at the bottom of the ladder and draws fire as the rest of the team zone in. The team then climbs to the top/middle of ladder. 1 PPU DBs the mobs, the other heals team. Both have HHS running. AoE is now used to dispatch the mobs, although tanks with HH running can take them on with speedgat or aoe from the ground.

If no tanks are present APUs barrel the bottom of the ladder after the mobs have been aggroed. Once the first batch of mobs is dispatched and hacked the team has a lot more freedom of movement, using aoe around corners and the cover available with good PPU support to stay alive. Spies do just fine as long as they know when to run, tanks die the least but are not as useful as APUs.

There was a bugged bot down there that did insane damage even to PPUs and tended to wipe out substandard teams, but I think a few patches ago that was fixed... [edit:] I guess it wasn't fixed at all then. Yeah that MK II bot is a bitch - run away from it and you should be fine - it's not unkillable...

Vanya
21-09-05, 18:43
LOL, no they weren't fixed.

That nasty MKII bot was camping the ladder so we were dead before we even sync'ed into lvl 3.

Is there another route into lvl 3 that we should take??

CMaster
21-09-05, 18:53
There is something like 20 DoY tunnels, with at least 4 or 5 level 3, all forming part of a huge network. Choose whatever route you favour. And remember - as soon as you leave synch (as with all dangerous situations, PPU should synch first) run for the top of the ladder and AoE away. And as ever, monks seems to do tunnels faster than any other class. Why are they best at pretty much ANYTHING in game?

FarSight
21-09-05, 19:28
you can do lvl3 with tank+ppu team easly ... until you meet more than one mr MKII .. if you meet them you will die no matter what team you got.

Scanner Darkly
21-09-05, 19:33
We've killed it a couple of times. We saw it coming and lost a couple of team members - so we kept our distance and managed to rezz one APU and eventually we killed it...

They're not impossible to kill, they're just impossible to outheal even on a PPU. Anyway I find the tunnels too much of a drag to go in once the noveltry wore off...

[TgR]KILLER
21-09-05, 19:36
you can do lvl3 with tank+ppu team easly ... until you meet more than one mr MKII .. if you meet them you will die no matter what team you got.

why is it we cleared the level 3 with a team and there were 5 of the mk2 ( install kill bots ) in there :p was fun tho alot of deads but as long 1 ppu stays alive its ok ( had 2 tanks and 3 ppu's and 2 hacking low level spy's lol

CMaster
21-09-05, 19:44
The Deence Unit MKIIs arent a problem - just the Assault Unit (one with disc-shaped "head"). Hell, even that isnt a problem, when it shoots you as intended. THe big problems come when it fights other mobs/doesnt animate firing. At this point it can damage/kill PPUs through 4+ walls.

RogerRamjet
21-09-05, 20:11
Yeh, its a bloody hardcore, unlike the other "top range" dungeons ingame. Cough, MC5, cough.

Morganth
21-09-05, 21:37
Cloud, just take it slow down there. If you can, get someone to bring an alt on another client to keep the second floor clear for you, then you can retreat and not get slapped.

You can do the tunnels with 2 PPUs and 2 APUs/Tanks, just depends on how careful you are, and how the mobs behave. Sometimes they only come a few at a time, other times you get ********** round the corner by more than enough of the AoE'ers.

Original monk
21-09-05, 21:40
i dont like the fact the mobs shoot eachother either :/ you have lesser loot like that :) i like the MKII itself tough, RUUUN, also you can see em damaging you on another persons computer i noticed, not only the red health but also the particles of the impact, you yust cant see it when youre being shot yourself :)

wouldnt matter either, even if you see em shooting ..would be to late anyway :)

naimex
21-09-05, 22:37
2 ppus, 2 tanks (malediction preferably)

before you go into lvl 3, make ppus fully buff you and slap holy heal on you, and cast holy heal sanctum aswell.

Then you zone to lvl 3, you all have heal on and sanctums around you, that should keep you alive until you zone in and then the ppus just work their magic.

I havenīt been there since they made it harder, but itīs never failed before.

LiL T
21-09-05, 22:54
oh come on the mobs are so dumb in this game, so they overkill the place everyone knows that, so just nuke the first mobs and the rest is easy...