PDA

View Full Version : What graphical enhancements would you like to see?

Mechanicus
20-09-05, 15:43
Well as we know the games getting a huge overhaul graphically, and i know im looking forward to it, but if you could choose a few graphical changes yourself for nc-e2.1 what would they be?

i would have male/female PAs with gender requirements, faction insignia on PA, accessories implemented (glasses, cigars, etc.), basically more things that would make players look different from each other

also, i never liked how the antibuffs just used the rez effect, i would have the antibuffs animation change to a beam that went from the target to the apu or from the target to the sky of the appropreate colour with an effect which looks like energy was being sucked out of the targeted player

IceStorm
20-09-05, 15:52
I want to be able to select my clothing color again.

I want someone to fix the texture disparity in the hallway between CM HQ and MB. I zone from CM HQ to MB regularly. Every single time, the flip of hallway textures from grainy to smooth annoys me - the hallway is one texture in one zone, and as soon as you zone the exact same hallway (just represented in the next zone for continuity) is a different texture. Make the last hall in CM HQ drab, or fix of MB's textures. Do SOMETHING.

Selendor
20-09-05, 16:57
Graphical enhancements?

Original styled avatars
Original or NeoPro RPOS
Choice of colour for clothing / PA

Basically Neocron 1... so I guess those don't strictly count.

Tesee
20-09-05, 17:06
a thiner RPOS
more choice in skins, haircut, clothes
more choice in apartment layout
skin for armors, not only PAs

Tostino
20-09-05, 17:07
Make Make it more eficcent. It needs to run better on systems that are not "that" old. It's not like NC2 is Doom3 or HL2 graphics.
My computer is like a year and a half old, and I get about 25 FPS in the city, 50 FPS in the wastlands, and like 20-40 FPS at OP wars.

3.0 p4 (OCed to 3.6)
Asus p4c800-e Deluxe
1.5 gigs of ram (value)
Asus 9800xt (catalyst 5.8)
2x seagate baracuda 160 gig 7200 RPM sata

Sorry but I get 58 FPS normaly in HL2 DM (did a benchmark with FRAPS)
And NC2 I ran the FRAPS benchmark for 3 hrs doing some PKing, hunting, and a little jumping around TH, average FPS, 37.

KK you need to get your game sorted out so we don't need to go and buy a new computer every 6 months to run the game in a playable state.

Terayon
20-09-05, 23:23
What i want or what can actualy happen? 8|

QuakCow
20-09-05, 23:37
i would like teh clothing selection kinda thing from nc1

other then that id be happy with pretty much anything

eprodigy
21-09-05, 01:10
better RPOS (even just smacking the old one in there would be sexy)

Netphreak
21-09-05, 05:11
Graphical enhancements?

Original styled avatars
Original or NeoPro RPOS
Choice of colour for clothing / PA

Basically Neocron 1... so I guess those don't strictly count.

I second that.
But I would have it all on a new graphics engine and of course update the quality of the models etc... and include the new weapons models KK are developing.

Asurmen Spec Op
21-09-05, 05:22
Nude strippers
<.<
>.>
cheaper and virus free pr0n

MrTrip
21-09-05, 06:08
Nude strippers
<.<
>.>
cheaper and virus free pr0n

o_O I swear to go Asurmen if that gets in game before anything else I will kill you.

I want the old RPOS back, so bad, I can't fucking handle it.

I HATE the new one, my level of HATE for the new RPOS (Except the skill box, but I hate the design of it, love the new % bar till next level) cannot be measured in any real terms.... :mad:

zii
21-09-05, 06:45
Less intensive graphics please. I have two computers. Computer A could play NC1 but cannot play NC2 becauses the graphics card is not up to spec. Computer B can play NC2, but has to have all vegitation turned off, sky detail off and the polygons on the characters reduced. If I don't do this I cannot play. Actually its difficult even like this. Its 1024Mb gets chomped on.

I will buy another computer to play NC if someone wants to donate some money to me - I accept PayPal so PM me for the address. Its easy to do and you would help the NC community have a better and happier player.

MrTrip
21-09-05, 07:40
Less intensive graphics please. I have two computers. Computer A could play NC1 but cannot play NC2 becauses the graphics card is not up to spec. Computer B can play NC2, but has to have all vegitation turned off, sky detail off and the polygons on the characters reduced. If I don't do this I cannot play. Actually its difficult even like this. Its 1024Mb gets chomped on.

I will buy another computer to play NC if someone wants to donate some money to me - I accept PayPal so PM me for the address. Its easy to do and you would help the NC community have a better and happier player.

I second that, and send me some money too, or a video card, I'm still putt putting around on a GeForceFX 5200 mmkay?

Darkana
21-09-05, 08:29
Yay for coloring of clothes, I want my black clothes back!

Seraphin[69]
21-09-05, 08:43
Yay for coloring http://forum.neocron.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1878762#
Insert Imageof clothes, I want my black clothes back!

Just wear a PA4 and die, you'll be all black

Darkana
21-09-05, 08:53
']Just wear a PA4 and die, you'll be all blackI had this bug once already, and you don't need a PA4 for it. Anyway, I want it like in the following picture, no dark blue filter bug :p

http://www.mantris.net/darkana/darkana.jpg

Original monk
21-09-05, 09:03
yeah i want my fully black tank back also :) and a modifyable rpos would be nice also, it looks ok but its yust a bit to big for me (takes a bit to much of the screen) where the previous one was smaller/more compact

maybe a choise between the old and new rpos in options would be cool :)

RogerRamjet
21-09-05, 09:34
yeah i want my fully black tank back also :) and a modifyable rpos would be nice also, it looks ok but its yust a bit to big for me (takes a bit to much of the screen) where the previous one was smaller/more compact

maybe a choise between the old and new rpos in options would be cool :)

Id love to see this. The new RPOS just isnt the same.

Koshinn
21-09-05, 09:44
Can I wear white?

Masentaja
21-09-05, 10:33
Customizable PA's (color atleast, why not whole new model)
Barber shops for hair changes
NEW UI PLEASE! (or allow us to customize the shapes)

And a ... lip bug to every model :P Would love to see hurler with lip bug tossing grenades at ya, and realising after 5 minutes of laughing that you are dead.

Hell-demon
21-09-05, 11:07
I hate the lip bug! :mad:

whifix
21-09-05, 11:13
Does giving rifles the ability to snipe at the range listed on the rifle count as a graphica enhancement? ;)
Ahh the chaos that would cause. Would be lovely.

RogerRamjet
21-09-05, 11:43
Does giving rifles the ability to snipe at the range listed on the rifle count as a graphica enhancement? ;)
Ahh the chaos that would cause. Would be lovely.

Increase clipping range tbh.

I slasher can do the same as a healing light at range.

CMaster
21-09-05, 11:48
Yeah, customisable/logoable PAs. or I may start demanding that all my clan members get PAless setups...

Nullvoid
21-09-05, 12:01
- I get tired of my PA changing colour on my screen(applies mostly to monk and PE). ie - zoning in rifle pa 3 and looking like you're wearing pistol PA afterwards. Same goes for wearing ppu pa and looking like you're an apu. A small niggle I guess but it's annoying nevertheless.

- Another change I would like is to make people's looks more customisable(edit - more skins/models would suffice). It's a genuinely important feature that would improve the game lots for many people.

- Sort out the damn lip bug :p

- Only other thing I would ask for is for all the rare/epic/special items to be made unique and not simply rehashes of the same graphics models but since you're working on this already, woohoo!

Tostino
21-09-05, 13:57
- Only other thing I would ask for is for all the rare/epic/special items to be made unique and not simply rehashes of the same graphics models but since you're working on this already, woohoo!
I can't see why people want guns made out of "Tech parts" to be rare... They are not very hard to get as it is and it should stay that way. I don't mind if WoC items are rare though. They are the high end content that people want anyways. Personaly I don't like the idea of farming WB's or fire mobs and geting even less then I do now.

Edit: Sorry man i'm tired and didn't think about what you said before I posted. I agree that the rares and epics and WoC items should have their own models and stuff

Riddle
21-09-05, 14:30
More variation on char looks from hair to clothes.

Increase PA options as thats what we all end up wearing so we all look the same. Colours, tags etc.

amongst other but i'm waiting to see what comes out of the new updates, hopefully not forced Veg = 3 FPS tbh.

Asurmen Spec Op
21-09-05, 14:32
o_O I swear to go Asurmen if that gets in game before anything else I will kill you.

Death is like a sick form of necrophiliac wanking off

vashtyphoon78
21-09-05, 14:48
i want new char models ^^ old psi monks kicked the new ones sware in teh nuts.

Lifewaster
21-09-05, 15:11
I'd also like to see Male/Female PA. No need for gender requirements though, just make the skin morph to whatever gender the char is.

Scanner Darkly
21-09-05, 15:33
Colourable vehicles/clothes/PAs - now you can tint your rhino/reveller a nice bloody red as you take it into battle...

I suspect the real reason for the small number of skins/models for the classes is to do with the potential server load increase from a larger amount of choices - if that is the case that makes me sad.

Dribble Joy
21-09-05, 15:35
The problem with gender based PA is the way the model changes are made, they would ahve to make two types of PA (which, though a pain, would make a bit more sense). If you notice, all the emotes with PA on are currently male.

Exioce
21-09-05, 16:19
i want to see copbots look less like the FABULOUS old school Cylon centurions and more like the new scary Cylon centurions.

Riddle
21-09-05, 23:50
Had to post this :) New tank PA anyone?

(yes posted link elsewhere but i like it a lot!)

Asurmen Spec Op
21-09-05, 23:51
Had to post this :) New tank PA anyone?

(yes posted link elsewhere but i like it a lot!)
wow look at his nipples!

Hell-demon
22-09-05, 00:13
mmmmm bionic nipples :p

Stryker198
22-09-05, 00:43
theres only 3 things i want

first fix the lip bug, second change the monk pa it looks kinda stupid imo, and lastly i want the rare weapons to look different than their normal counterparts floaty rings dont cut it imo.