PDA

View Full Version : Had Enough!!!!

Wileyz
20-09-05, 15:25
i have never had problems with netcode or problems logging in, today it took me nearly fukn 30+ before i gave up and was too pissed to even try somemore, how fukn hard is it just to fix some simple shit?

congratz neocron doin a greatjob, sure ur addin new things what about the thing thats killin the game...

Scanner Darkly
20-09-05, 15:33
Could it just be the imperfections of the Internet rearing their ugly heads? If you usually have no problems logging in, that might explain it...

If you have trouble logging in a couple of times, close your client, wait a few minutes before trying again - this might help.

Or do a full PC reboot, then try again.

numb
20-09-05, 15:36
I have noticed quite a few connectivity problems with the neocron servers over the past few days that I didnt have before. I am blaming the internet (or the company hosting KKs servers), it wasnt a neocron patch that made this happen for sure.

Tesee
20-09-05, 15:36
yes it can hapen that global internet connex have some issue.
Generally when it takes too long I close the connex and restart it and it is better.

Dribble Joy
20-09-05, 15:38
High ping is the bane of syncing, if you have torrents running or whatever the 0 stat bug and long/perma syncs are common.

Also remember that they are having problems with the router provider, which isn't entirely KK's fault.

Scanner Darkly
20-09-05, 15:39
If anything, after the last few patches my logins are a lot more bug free than in the past. Only the occasional 50/50 if I switch characters/accounts too fast.

Wileyz
20-09-05, 17:38
the last day i cannot log in, i just long sync or log in bugged like shit missin from qb n etc..... i am not sure about my net, its workin fine :(

Bishop Yutani
20-09-05, 18:57
i have not had 1 single problem with connecting in 10 striaght days of trial play. Its gotta be somehting on your end.

I'm going to start putting together a connection troubleshooting guide....

Asurmen Spec Op
20-09-05, 22:51
Acually, NCs internet its self has been having some issues, the whole thing was down/crazy due to NET issues last weekend

Hell-demon
20-09-05, 23:05
freaky

Freaky Fryd
20-09-05, 23:22
freaky

Yes? :)

(I've had very few connection problems lately, btw)

Asurmen Spec Op
21-09-05, 00:10
Yes? :)

(I've had very few connection problems lately, btw)
the game went down a few days ago, and Niddy said something about ISP(if I recall)
So I think you can not blame KK for once everyone :p

UnderLoK
21-09-05, 01:49
i have not had 1 single problem with connecting in 10 striaght days of trial play. Its gotta be somehting on your end.

That is exactly what the staff said... Too bad they were wrong, so instead of us all continuing to argue about it, we quit.

Wileyz, there is a problem with the game. This problem has been going on for ages, so I wouldn't even bother to complain about it anymore. Consider it the price you pay (along with your monthly installment) to play the game.

It would take many of us 20 tries to get on. Rather than taking the time to troubleshoot the problem they wrote it off. A few of us work with networks for a living and even offered to assist in diagnosing the problem.

On top of this you would always have the same people chiming in about how it must be your connection or your PC because it doesn't happen to them. These are the same people you can point your figure at and blame for the problem continuing to exist.

It's actually pretty stupid if you ask me. The people that complain will eventually leave and only set your cause back even further. I honestly can't understand how so many of you can continue to tolerate it.

I personally believe that they know what the problem is, but are unable to fix it.

vashtyphoon78
21-09-05, 03:38
Lately KK has been talking about the people hosting there servers and having issues with them.

Wileyz
21-09-05, 03:50
i know lok, its waldo :)

Zeninja
21-09-05, 04:16
What a nice way of dealing with partners, very commercial. What a good advertisement for both companies.

Good job KK, as usual.

whifix
21-09-05, 04:28
Was woundering how many people that are having problems are behind routers with non routeable addresses? Addresses like...

192.168.#.#
10.#.#.#
172.16.#.# - 172.31.#.#

Before when I would run into the constant can't login with the correct inventory or without being stuck in sync I would VPN to a server in Europe or someplace and route my connection through there to fix the problem. Sometimes connecting my machine directly to the cable modem was enough to fix the problem.

Asurmen Spec Op
21-09-05, 04:53
That is exactly what the staff said... Too bad they were wrong, so instead of us all continuing to argue about it, we quit.

Wileyz, there is a problem with the game. This problem has been going on for ages, so I wouldn't even bother to complain about it anymore. Consider it the price you pay (along with your monthly installment) to play the game.

It would take many of us 20 tries to get on. Rather than taking the time to troubleshoot the problem they wrote it off. A few of us work with networks for a living and even offered to assist in diagnosing the problem.

On top of this you would always have the same people chiming in about how it must be your connection or your PC because it doesn't happen to them. These are the same people you can point your figure at and blame for the problem continuing to exist.

It's actually pretty stupid if you ask me. The people that complain will eventually leave and only set your cause back even further. I honestly can't understand how so many of you can continue to tolerate it.

I personally believe that they know what the problem is, but are unable to fix it.
Look, alot of those arent so bad, if Im not mistaken you quit

the people who host the servers are having trouble
for once its not KKs fault, stop jumping on teh bandwagon

whifix
21-09-05, 05:33
Trial and error time for anyone who's up for it. I don't play anymore so I don't have access to it but if anyone in the US finds themselves stuck in a can't login without getting stuck in sync or can't log in with the correct inventory try this and let me know if it works. Google provides a free VPN service (http://wifi.google.com/download.html). Install that then connect to the google VPN and try connecting again to Neocron and see if you still have connection problems. I'm interested in seeing if this helps.