PDA

View Full Version : Neptune... SHOOOO!

Al3X
20-09-05, 12:10
I cannot stand this. Take a look at the main page, it's dominated by threads about Neptune. Then log in and take a look at the server population, once again dominated by Neptune.

For the love of NC, something must be done about this. The other servers are being emptied because of the luring adventures at Neptune. Quicker leveling, more cash, easier obtaining of whatever. It's heaven for those who don't like to put time in their characters. Which is a shame! Because that is NOT what a PvP server is intended for!

A good option might be to merge Mercury (ger 4 slot) and Terra (int 4 slot) since Mercury is about as empty as my wallet, and Terra isn't exactly near its max aswell. For sure is that something must be done soon. Hell, when I used to speak with new people they were all enthousiastic, and in the phase of "more more more!". But the most I speak now don't stay much longer then a week. A shame. Shame KK. Give your game a new boost for long term. Explore the borders, conquer the US, and spend some attention to european countries outside German aswell. The game might be great, I am convinced, but now the rest of the world needs to know.

Selendor
20-09-05, 13:42
I guess it needs time to all bed down.

However, for a mmorpg with these numbers, you should be looking at one server for all players. A ratio of a zone per player on the servers is a bit low isn't it.

El Jimben
20-09-05, 19:18
I was playing on Sunday nite a the server pops were something like:

15% Mars
8% Mercury
17% Terra
24% Neptune

Not being funny but I think it's been a while since the total population cross servers was that high.

RogerRamjet
20-09-05, 19:29
Have you considered the amount stuff that will be lost if you merged terra and mercury. So many people play both servers, and would lose heaps of items and good chars.

Tickles
20-09-05, 19:38
Neptune has had a positive effect on NC. LOTS of people have returned or joined. STOP WHINING :o

darkservent
20-09-05, 22:34
Neptune has had a positive effect on NC. LOTS of people have returned or joined. STOP WHINING :o

Lots of ppl may have returned but its only a matter of time theyll get bored and leave again. I thought KKs attempts to advertise this game should have increased the pops.... I guess I was wrong. And for the ppl who moved to neptune from other servers its a matter of time till they return as constant PKing will get boring and frustrating.

Toxen
20-09-05, 22:49
Neptune is in its novelty phase like everything thats rather different in neocron, it attracts back those that have left before for a while till the novelty wears off then they go again, heck people are already leaving neptune and neocron, quite a few members of blood have gone over to playing eve including myself at the moment im going between NC and EVE and thats quite a change in play style. People keep going on about populations been high... 500 people for a MMO is extremely low, heck text-browser based games such as planetarion get better numbers. The population will go back into decline unless marketing is picked up and an american box release is made.

Asurmen Spec Op
20-09-05, 22:49
Illl stay on neptune, the PPU/APU teams will leave, just about when the notice PVPers NOT fighting them at all.

Neptune has the numbers, PKers can and will avoid the PPU teams FLAT OUT

and I wont poke/cst/res/barter or fight any PPU teams, every, regardless.

Go to Terra if ya wanna monk zerg, I hear its a fad there

eprodigy
21-09-05, 01:19
yeah i still think that it will balance out more toward terra soon; once people realize its the same as neptune. they are all just addicted to fast leveling now.

neptune added things a lot of people wanted so many returned but.. there is a couple more things that would bring back even so much more people (and make some return to terra to balance it out :p ) like no ppus, no LE, no warzone.

Asurmen Spec Op
21-09-05, 04:54
yeah i still think that it will balance out more toward terra soon; once people realize its the same as neptune. they are all just addicted to fast leveling now.

neptune added things a lot of people wanted so many returned but.. there is a couple more things that would bring back even so much more people (and make some return to terra to balance it out :p ) like no ppus, no LE, no warzone.
or all warzones and belts drop in warzones :p

Original monk
21-09-05, 09:11
they are all just addicted to fast leveling now.

lol true, capped some nice chars allready lol, with low si when dead and fast ass loms :)

i will never really leave terra tough, my real chars are there :)

Skusty
21-09-05, 17:18
Agreed! Im kinda allways broke on terra because i gotta improve my setup, iget ganked, i buy stuff etc etc etc

eprodigy
21-09-05, 22:27
the fast leveling thing may be what hurts terra the most.

making new char; choice terra or neptune. they are exactly the same. one has fast char leveling, one has slower char leveling. hmm the choices ??

thats why every brand new player went to neptune.

LiL T
21-09-05, 22:50
oh yeah boo hoo etc I feel for you poor chap...