PDA

View Full Version : strange reboots

TimonX
19-09-05, 18:43
I just formated my disks, reinstalled Windows XP and all seem to be ok. Untill I loged into Neo. I select my char get into neo and in cca 3-4 mins my comp reboots. I tryed conncting directly (i use a router), but it still rebooted after 3 mins. I shut my antivirus programs. Still it rebooted. I have no idea what's goin on. Can anyone help? Thx

Tratos
19-09-05, 18:44
Is it just with Neocron or any other CPU/Memory intensive program?

Yelly
19-09-05, 18:55
I suggest you check cpu temperature.
Possible it raises a few degrees when you start up NC and that would be enough to reboot

TimonX
19-09-05, 18:55
Just neo. All others seem to work fine :) And my ping is good, framerate ql and free memory two... :/

aKe`cj
19-09-05, 18:56
Got to the SysAdmin Panel and disable "auto reboot on bluescreen".
See what causes the sys to shutdown.
My bet is...
a) Wrong/Misconfigured Sound or GFX drivers (incl. dx)
b) CPU/GPU Overheat

TimonX
19-09-05, 18:57
Don't think so. Im runnin multiple vens machine and it worked fine before I formated the disks... I think it's a driver problem. But I treied with multiple nForce chipset drivers and it still reboots. :(

Judge
19-09-05, 19:19
Did anyone else read the title as "Strange Robots"?

Can't really add anything apart from what people've said beforehand, driver issues, overheating etc....

TimonX
19-09-05, 19:52
Seems my oversized selfconfidance got me into trouble again. The CPU vent was OFF! Since i got 4x90cm vents on the case and some heavyduty inside I thought it was impossible to have too high CPU temp. And the CPU didn't fry (thank god) because of so many fens. Stupid. Very, very stoopid! Thx for all the help!

netster
20-09-05, 08:57
u should install MBM link (http://mbm.livewiredev.com/) to check your systems health :angel: