PDA

View Full Version : heal sanctum

Superbron
19-09-05, 13:18
I read somewhere that heal sanctum gives all runners a heal if they are in the sphere of the caster of the heal sanctum. However if I try it in game, the only one that is showing a heal sanctum sign is the caster itself, the others don't get the heal sign in the bottom right corner.

Is it a graphical error or has something been changed? And no, both runners are not le'd and are very very close next to eachother.

Anyone have a clue?

Original monk
19-09-05, 13:21
healsanctum heals yourself and all people near you in the sphere (tough this doesnt give a lil sign in the corner no, except for the caster) also when you step out of the sphere .. the healing stops until you walk back in :) (not the caster ffcourse lol, he will have it hard steping out of the sphere :p )

groupheal gives everyone an individual heal with the lil sign in the rightcorner, sanctum doesnt :)

Riddle
19-09-05, 13:27
Probably the same with Def Sanc but never checked tbh.

Its correct that sanc is everyone within a range of the caster. SO helps the enemy too if your not careful about the situation you use it in :)

Durandal|AI
19-09-05, 13:27
well

the healsanctum doesnt make a "stack" on all in the sphere
shelter, deflector and dmg boost sanctums do.

Superbron
19-09-05, 13:32
groupheal gives everyone an individual heal with the lil sign in the rightcorner, sanctum doesnt :)
Strange: you can never check if you have a heal sanctum running on you if someone else did cast it. O_o

Lifewaster
19-09-05, 13:36
The heal sanctum "Ticks" every 6 seconds or so , during each tick all runners in range receive an instant heal of about 35 hp for holy sanctum, 25 for blessed, 15 for normal.

Deflector and Shelter sanctums "Tick" in the same way , but they place a short duration deflector/shelter effect onto the runners in range , of 15 sec or so. This short effect can "stack" with normal shelter/deflectors , but does not "stack" or refresh onto itself , so when the 15 secs is over the runners need to be back in range of the PPU to receive a new "Tick".

Crest
19-09-05, 13:41
in NC1 I kinda asked the same question, once of the other interesting facts is that, if you stand next to 3 PPU's with heal sanctums running, you get heals from all 3, never tried that though .... never a need really.

Also that each PPu would indirectly be healing each other

Lifewaster
19-09-05, 13:46
in NC1 I kinda asked the same question, once of the other interesting facts is that, if you stand next to 3 PPU's with heal sanctums running, you get heals from all 3, never tried that though .... never a need really.

Also that each PPu would indirectly be healing each other

Yea , cos each ppus sanctum ticks independently, for even more fun you can try to stealth beside 3 ppus with truesight sanctums running :p

Riddle
19-09-05, 14:46
Do heals work across Zones?

a PPU zones with heal on it still works from my experience but does this work on other runners?

sultana
19-09-05, 14:55
Do heals work across Zones?

a PPU zones with heal on it still works from my experience but does this work on other runners?
No when you zone, heals stop working.

Heal sanctums don't "work" for le'ers, they'll only heal the person who casted the heal sanctum, not any other le'ers.

Riddle
19-09-05, 14:57
Strange?

When i cast a heal then zone the icon is still there ticking away so thats a flaw? it doesn't work then hmmm....

sultana
19-09-05, 15:02
Strange?

When i cast a heal then zone the icon is still there ticking away so thats a flaw? it doesn't work then hmmm....
Yes it's still there.

Get to half health, toss on a heal, then zone.

[TgR]KILLER
19-09-05, 15:54
Strange?

icon will stay the heal is still running but it doesn't heal no more.. if your on half hlt and zone with a heal on your heal will still run and it will look like your getting healed but when the heal is over your hlt drops back to the point were it was when you zoned.

and as said heal sanct never gave a icon afaik only group heals do.. guess because a sanct doesn't stick and all other sancts do. as soon as you get out a heal sanct you dun get healed.. a s/d or dmg boost sanc stay with you even if you step out of the sanct.

Bugs Gunny
19-09-05, 15:57
Good ppus zone with their heal on to prevent getting noobhealed when they synch in.
That's the first thing i do when a ppu comes across.

retr0n
19-09-05, 16:31
About heal not working when zoning, it also doesnt work if a ppu heals you and
then zones down the ug or something. This was done way back in nc1 because
APUs would zone down to aggies cellar, cast pestilence a few times, zone up and
all the newbies would die without causing SL loss to the apu.

Original monk
19-09-05, 16:47
and those few (i still remember most of the ones that made a hobby out of this on saturn) caused the poisonbeamspell to go practically useless :/

Argent
19-09-05, 18:11
It's hardly useless, unless you happen to be a safezone whore. Are you?

Lifewaster
20-09-05, 05:12
Well if u cast a heal before u zone, the heal is active for any new damage after you zone. So you can zone at full hlt with a fresh heal and everything works normally.

What it doesnt do is heal dmg that is missing before you zone. So if you zone at half health with a fresh heal , then you hlt stays at half for the duration of the heal.....but new dmg will still be healed, as the heal attempts to maintain you at the half hlt you zoned with.

Kinda wierd.

Simpler way to explain it is your max hlt is considered by the heal to be the total hlt you zoned with for the duration of that heal.

EG:

PPU zones up from UG at half hlt with fresh holy heal running , for the next 15 secs the holy heal will keep healing him versus new damage, but only up to half hlt.

To avoid this just to make sure ur hlt is full when you zone with a heal on.

MrTrip
20-09-05, 05:23
Wait a second...so a PPu can cast shelter, deflector, shelter sanctum, deflector sanctum, and be pretty damn near /set no_damage 1 ?

Lifewaster
20-09-05, 06:07
Deflector and Shelter sanctums "Tick" in the same way , but they place a short duration deflector/shelter effect onto the runners in range , of 15 sec or so. This short effect can "stack" with normal shelter/deflectors , but does not "stack" or refresh onto itself , so when the 15 secs is over the runners need to be back in range of the PPU to receive a new "Tick".

Opps this is wrong...I have just tested it now.

The tick shelter effect lasts for 30 secs , not 15 ...also the ticked shelters do not stack with single shelters, meaning either one or the other can only be on at a time. Thus if you have the 30 sec tick shelter on , you cannot recieve the 2 min single shelter and vice versa.

Lifewaster
20-09-05, 06:20
Wait a second...so a PPu can cast shelter, deflector, shelter sanctum, deflector sanctum, and be pretty damn near /set no_damage 1 ?

Well , if shelter/deflector is on, the shelter'deflector sanctums will not take effect on the ppu himself. However if this PPU was antibuffed , then within 2-3 seconds , he will have got a fresh 30 sec tick shelter. But this could be prevented by a fast enough noob shelter.

Overall , its not functionally much different to a ppu recasting his own shelter after a HAB, provided he pays attention the timings wont be much different.

#####

I think the only really practical use of these might be for apu hybrids or ppus to put up noob shelter/deflector sanctums when killing ppus, then try to get these to stick onto the freshly HAB-ed ppu , effectively getting a 30 sec nib s/d onto the ppu simply by proximity.

MrTrip
20-09-05, 07:24
Well , if shelter/deflector is on, the shelter'deflector sanctums will not take effect on the ppu himself. However if this PPU was antibuffed , then within 2-3 seconds , he will have got a fresh 30 sec tick shelter. But this could be prevented by a fast enough noob shelter.

Overall , its not functionally much different to a ppu recasting his own shelter after a HAB, provided he pays attention the timings wont be much different.

#####

I think the only really practical use of these might be for apu hybrids or ppus to put up noob shelter/deflector sanctums when killing ppus, then try to get these to stick onto the freshly HAB-ed ppu , effectively getting a 30 sec nib s/d onto the ppu simply by proximity.

That sounds so cool...that opens a door for new things for both the PPU and APU Hybrid, ways for the PPU to be even more immortal, and the APU hybrid to completely dominate the PPU, and even for the PE (If he can use a noob sanctum o_O can he?) to kill a PPU.

eprodigy
20-09-05, 07:35
noob buffing shouldnt really be considered when discussing changes related to balance... noob buffing optimally should be removed as its a bug that is exploited to counter another bug.

MrTrip
20-09-05, 07:49
Why and how is it a bug?

Superbron
20-09-05, 08:16
I think high TL bufs should override low TL bufs. That it is a problem to kill ppu's is a complete other issue...

Original monk
20-09-05, 08:55
It's hardly useless, unless you happen to be a safezone whore. Are you?

no my oponents are :/

(tough when im the only one and theres a group outside i kinda enjoy zonewhoring to be really honest :P this doesnt happen alot tough :) but it can happen)

and no its not useless you can happily kill ppu's with it wich is good (20 poisonstacks and then HLspam :P) but it could be alot more usefull as an attackspell when the stacks wouldnt remove by zoning

nothing beats the feeling of poisoning someone .. seeing em run of to a safezone followed by you ... and seeing he cant outheal the poison and dies right infront of you :) very enjoyable but impossible with the zoning-removes-stacks-thingie ..

sultana
20-09-05, 11:20
Why and how is it a bug?
I'm fairly sure when KK were designing the holy range of ppu spells (for whatever strange, fucked up reason they had), they didn't have in mind for the lower levels spells to be cast to stop the higher ones from being castable.

The fact that it is one of the only ways to kill a ppu is the only reason it is still ingame.

Seraphin[69]
21-09-05, 09:01
Holy shelter sanctum... The best defense when you're a poor ppu running in the middle of 15648741 apus : you can't be debuffed ^^

Nullvoid
21-09-05, 12:10
']Holy shelter sanctum... The best defense when you're a poor ppu running in the middle of 15648741 apus : you can't be debuffed ^^

if only it was true!

sometimes there's a big gap between the debuff and the next *tick* of the sanctum spell, easily enough time for 15648741 apus to keel you :p

not to mention that the sanctum versions of spells are quite a bit weaker aswell, ignore me however, I'm just feeling a bit picky.

Darkana
21-09-05, 13:33
That sounds so cool...that opens a door for new things for both the PPU and APU Hybrid, ways for the PPU to be even more immortal, and the APU hybrid to completely dominate the PPU, and even for the PE (If he can use a noob sanctum o_O can he?) to kill a PPU.This is nothing new, infact it has been done already. PEs and Spies with other than a yellow bubble sphere around them should be generally mistrusted, I heard about a few "accidents" already in relation to this back in NC1. Nowadays nobody seems to care anymore, afterall, direct casts are more reliable because of the long timeout between the ticks. Secondly, stealthing with a sanctum running isn't that much of a help.

Riddle
21-09-05, 14:15
noob buffing shouldnt really be considered when discussing changes related to balance... noob buffing optimally should be removed as its a bug that is exploited to counter another bug.

Noob buffing is not an exploit confirmed in another thread a while ago.
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=126350&page=5&pp=15&highlight=noob+buffing

Just to clarify the heal issue, I heal when I zone at full health and then any damage I recieve on the other side is healed yes? also prevents zoning from UG to a nib heal tbh if thats the case.