PDA

View Full Version : NC-E2.1 ingame footage

Holger Nathrath
19-09-05, 10:36
If you want a first impression of how the new weapons will look like in the game, just take a look at the attached pictures...

naimex
19-09-05, 10:46
pretty :)

Like weapon image 2 and 3 best tho..

that looks like a REAL gun :D

Maui
19-09-05, 10:47
omfg sweet ;D

Xeno LARD
19-09-05, 10:47
Sweet.

I wanna see the nailgun!!

RogerRamjet
19-09-05, 10:48
OMFG.

They look amazing. The rocket launcher reminds me of the WASP from Red Faction :D

Toxen
19-09-05, 10:48
Hmmm ponders, everyone knows im one of the most critical people around here, so im going to try not to be critical, but shots 1 & 3, weapon models and player models changed nice, hope your changing the icons too, also cities not getting a face lift?

As for the second wheww thats gonna be an FPS eater. could we have a shot like that but with vegitation turned down so we don't just see a flurry of reeds its gonna be closer to what we'll actually see in game most of the time.

I also find that testing in regeants legacy sector is highly suspicious, THE LEGACY IS COMING!

naimex
19-09-05, 10:50
hope your changing the icons too

Important note here...

Holger Nathrath
19-09-05, 10:50
Of course we will exchange the 2D Items aswell. This is the last step of the integration process and will be done as one package for all models. So prepare for more shots with more "wrong" 2D items :p

retr0n
19-09-05, 10:51
Looks very nice.
Could you do an ALT+F and take some screenies, especially on the shot #2 enviroment?

Dribble Joy
19-09-05, 11:27
Sexeh.

netster
19-09-05, 11:31
nice! (somehow i cannot open image1, but 2+3 working)

Masentaja
19-09-05, 11:32
Beeaatifuckinwul! <3

Dargeshaad
19-09-05, 11:37
Is the first one the pumpgun or the wyatt looking gun? Seems in the QB it got the wyatt looking gun selected, but the image looks like the pumpgun

Though very nice pictures

netster
19-09-05, 11:41
http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/6991/changed6yf.jpg
and a ~250 rocketload .... hmmmmmm
no more words from me ....

msdong
19-09-05, 11:48
Thx for the ingame shots. they say alot more them the renders.

€: hey, isnt that a monk arm holding the rocket launcher ? :D

netster
19-09-05, 12:02
looks alike an oldschool pe model to me ;)

darkservent
19-09-05, 12:13
looks alike an oldschool pe model to me ;)

Nice!!

Original monk
19-09-05, 12:15
impressive yes :) change the 2d models i understand it will be a nice patch :)

nobby
19-09-05, 12:29
Hehe I was thinking of leaving, but I'll definately stay! wooooo

Nobby's staying guys!

Woooooo

Nice pics :p

Riddle
19-09-05, 12:47
Great in game shots :)

May have to level a noob once they are all in game just to get to play with them all :)

Bugs Gunny
19-09-05, 13:06
Improved graphics is not a reason to stay if you're thinking about leaving.
Player shops, itemtracking and solving the ppu problem, those are reasons to stay.

Don't get me wrong, i like the new graphics, and it shows the people at the graphics departement are doing a nice job.

Jagrfelm
19-09-05, 13:29
Well, yes the Shots are great and all, but is the Weapon on Shot 2 & 3 really a Rocket Launcher? Doesnt look like it. Same goes for the first Shot. . .

Dribble Joy
19-09-05, 13:53
Well, yes the Shots are great and all, but is the Weapon on Shot 2 & 3 really a Rocket Launcher? Doesnt look like it. Same goes for the first Shot. . .

Of course we will exchange the 2D Items aswell. This is the last step of the integration process and will be done as one package for all models. So prepare for more shots with more "wrong" 2D items
Huzzah.

Morganth
19-09-05, 14:01

When you have 255 in every stat, I don't think it will matter what class you are :rolleyes:

Kozmos
19-09-05, 14:12
damn nice gfx, however whats more interesting IMO is the second shot, wastelands, look at the zone ;)

Regants finally getting a overhaul huh ? :D

aKe`cj
19-09-05, 14:18
When you have 255 in every stat, I don't think it will matter what class you are :rolleyes:

Just as irrelevant .. :)
The arm is part of the weapons p_model ...if the weapon had 0 req's the arm would look the very same no metter wether a monk carries the weapon or a spy.
This is also what makes it hard to have different models for the hands/arm when you are wearing a PA etc... as this would mean you'd have to create not one model of that weapon, but dozens and someone would have to write a check to make sure the correct weapon model is displayed - according to the class / armor.

Hell-demon
19-09-05, 14:40
pe lip bug needs an overhaul too!

Xeno LARD
19-09-05, 14:51
Hehe I was thinking of leaving, but I'll definately stay! wooooo

Nobby's staying guys!

Woooooo

Nice pics :p

Huzzah :rolleyes:.

Pretty spaffy pics though.

Exioce
19-09-05, 15:06
hey man, turn up your brightness :p

[TgR]KILLER
19-09-05, 15:35
very nice gfx :p

Skusty
19-09-05, 15:56
I would like to have the old moddels ingame to...but these are sweet!

Heavyporker
19-09-05, 16:03
Pretty damn nice! I love the little displays on the guns.

Reminds me of the laser cannons - in first-person view like I almost always do, each time you shoot, you can see the read-out display on the actual laser cannon flucating as the power cycles. I *really* *really* loved that because none of the other high-tech cannons do that. :(

Also, I notice freshened-up biohazard logos on the barrels. Nice! And the huge tree in ss#2 looks pretty nice, I must admit.

But I must insist - Severely curtail the "re-use" of icons for several objects. Like rotten/diseased meat! At least look back on the Modifications forum! There was a guy that used green meat and yellow-veined red meat for rotten/diseased meat! And what about the icons for the stealth tool?! This other guy had a BRILLIANT design!

Come on KK!

edit- By the way... I FUCKING LOVE WILLOW TREES! KICKASS, KK!!!

IceStorm
19-09-05, 16:06
Am I the only one who saw the models and said to himself, "Christ, now we're all going to be as lame as tanks with 1/3 of our screens cut off by our weapons?"

I hope that "pistol" is just extended for a reload or something. I guess I can understand the rocket launcher, but still...

Shenyu Reza
19-09-05, 16:14
Not bad

Seven
19-09-05, 16:20
[edited] - spamming is bad

Tratos
19-09-05, 16:45
Looks nice, i hope that the first screen is actualy a rifle though as it looks a bit big.

Also i think the barrels are completely new? not just the hazard signs?
The crate in the top right looks better aswell, brighter markings.

Dribble Joy
19-09-05, 16:47
Am I the only one who saw the models and said to himself, "Christ, now we're all going to be as lame as tanks with 1/3 of our screens cut off by our weapons?"

I hope that "pistol" is just extended for a reload or something. I guess I can understand the rocket launcher, but still...
Heh, as if first person players aren't fucked enough allready :p.

Argent
19-09-05, 18:03
Looks good, but where's the patch itself? 30% done? 90% done? Done?

Scanner Darkly
19-09-05, 18:12
Looking forward to seeing the first batch of updated models ingame soon :)

Good job, hope the animations are of equal standard.

Dominus
19-09-05, 18:21
I think the best part of ALL these screens and models is...

The barrels are being redone! Hopefully in the sewers the textures will turn green like they should do aswell.

Tostino
19-09-05, 18:37
Very nice models. I love the new veg and stuff like that also.

Mystic-Crusader
19-09-05, 19:05
I skip through not reading replies, so im sorry if some1 already asked this but r u upgarding the incons for them? Coz that rocket launcher now looks nothing like the old one :P
And the first pic looks nothing like the earp :rolleyes:

But yea they do look very nice, can't wait until i can use em :)

Tratos
19-09-05, 19:07
I skip through not reading replies, so im sorry if some1 already asked this but r u upgarding the incons for them? Coz that rocket launcher now looks nothing like the old one :P
And the first pic looks nothing like the earp :rolleyes:

They're doing the 3D models and such then making new 2D icons when all the 3D stuff is done for the weapons.

Martek
19-09-05, 19:09

I regret to say, that was just about my first thought too. They look nice and all, but FPS weapons that obscure a large part of the screen are a pet peeve of mine.

Cheers,
Martek

Superbron
19-09-05, 19:14
Looking nice.

Comment on pic one: DROP THAT WEAPON! :lol:

Asurmen Spec Op
19-09-05, 19:20
Oh..... my....

sexy

Shenyu Reza
19-09-05, 19:31
And a screen with an external cam?

Cpl Hicks
19-09-05, 19:44
can we get an exact date for the upcoming patch ? im getting hungry, and i want my burger. :lol:

LiL T
19-09-05, 20:33
Looks good

Too all the people whining that player shops should be done first, plz get it into your skulls the graphics department work on stuff like this >.< and I'm sure the coders are still busy on fixing shit ..

vashtyphoon78
19-09-05, 20:37
omfg sexeh rocket luancher and 250 rocket load pawns dude! rocket machinegun anyone? :p

Dominus
19-09-05, 20:40
You people are aware that the first screeny seems to be most likely a Pumpgun?

2 Barrels, a magazine and what appears to be the 'pump', so it's not a pistol :P.

QuakCow
19-09-05, 21:28
on the barrels...isnt that the bio-waste symbol? i like the new pumpgun btw, and the rocket launcher looks awesome as well.

Ryen
19-09-05, 21:49
I'm coming back when this comes out.

Asurmen Spec Op
20-09-05, 00:57
Assman wants to have the art departments babies

eprodigy
20-09-05, 01:01
id like to see the guns from third person/another person.

that foliage looks awesome. even if FPS is improved with it; for even a small boost everyone will have it off unfortunetly

Asurmen Spec Op
20-09-05, 14:28
if KK fix some FPS issues with the engine, force it on

Dribble Joy
20-09-05, 14:29
Think they said a degree of it will be forced, how much is still a point for discussion.

her.
20-09-05, 15:21
well this sux that all this nice graphics shit is goin to come out right when I leave neocron again...but o well guess ill manage.....also martek and and icestorm but when i pvp or do nethin in nc I play in 3rd person no the whole gun takin up half the screen isnt a problem neway....soo its all good.....only thing I am wonderin is is there goin to be some kind of player model update wit this? or we goin to keep the same cartoon models....nuttin against em...i would just like the more serious rugged badass models of nc1 back if poss...maybe like an extra option to go along wit the cartoon models or sumthin....ir not then thats all good too :p

DASPRiD
20-09-05, 15:33
Just as irrelevant .. :)
The arm is part of the weapons p_model ...if the weapon had 0 req's the arm would look the very same no metter wether a monk carries the weapon or a spy.
This is also what makes it hard to have different models for the hands/arm when you are wearing a PA etc... as this would mean you'd have to create not one model of that weapon, but dozens and someone would have to write a check to make sure the correct weapon model is displayed - according to the class / armor.

wrooooooong ^^... It is enough to make one model per player-outfit / pa und "put them" over the arm- and handbones of the weaponmodel ^^