PDA

View Full Version : Passing the CLICK2PAY impasse?

zii
18-09-05, 02:12
Dear all,

Because I changed my credit card some five months ago, but didn't update my Click2Pay account to reflect the change, my NC subscription expired last night.

I tried with two different credit cards and in each case got the same message Invalid Credit Card. Well. I've used each credit card yesterday for other transactions and they worked just fine. Next I phoned C2P and asked them what the problem was. They said that the card was rejected by the bank and I should phone them.
The bank said that they knew of C2P and they do not block their transactions, and also since C2P has only taken the CC number, and not made an authorisation attempt they would never see on the bank's records.

I phoned Click2Pay to explain what the bank had said, and they said that the message cot uld only mean thathe card was blocked. I agrued that this was not the case and I had confirmed with the bank that all was in order, but C2P became quite insolent, very unhelpful, and bluntly said that this was not their problem and they would not help or provide any steps to try and resolve the problem. I was quite taken back.

I have emailed their service@click2pay.com, and hope I get some joy out of it. As I have learnt from dealing with C2P, if you ask to speak to their superior, they say by rote that they are the superior, and that there is no one else to speak to. How convenient for them.

So, since I cannot play NC for the timebeing, could someone please

i) tell me are there any other alturnative payment methods,
ii) any other games that look like NC, but don't use C2P....

Regards,
A very unimpressed with Click2Pay client.

PS.
For more complaints on C2P's support:
http://www.pokercardrooms.com/funding_options.html

Asurmen Spec Op
18-09-05, 02:15
PBC is an alternate but I know that may not be possible to you.

Honsetly, KK knows that this shit is going on, I hope they are doing something about it, this reason is major for people not playing NC.

I rember hearing that KK was trying to fix the shitfest, doesnt look like anything happend :/

Nidhogg
18-09-05, 02:16
The only alternative at the present time is PayByCash. Please contact account@neocron.com about your C2P issue as they may be able to assist you further.

N

zii
18-09-05, 02:22
Thanks for the feedback N and A.S.Op. I shall email accounts@nc.

What are the restrictions on PBC?

Asurmen Spec Op
18-09-05, 02:27
its by cash, money wires etc

and you can just call me assy :)

zii
18-09-05, 02:39
ok, but I may have to write arsy to keep my brit pronunciation in tack, if thats ok with you? :D Or maybe not...

Cheers assy.

Asurmen Spec Op
18-09-05, 02:42
rofl, assy was a nick my clan thought up in NC1, I hated it at the time but now its just down right hilarious

Assy went to the store to buy a pack of condoms
Asurmen went to the store to buy a pack of condoms

wich is funnier?

vashtyphoon78
18-09-05, 04:21
i got this same problem. wouldnt stop saying incorrect number. finally just used bank account. :)

-FN-
18-09-05, 08:57
The only alternative at the present time is PayByCash. Please contact account@neocron.com about your C2P issue as they may be able to assist you further.

N

*pokes Nid to poke Odin to poke KK to get their asses in gear with PayPal... AGAIN (http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=1656469&postcount=2)* :p

You want an influx of players who AREN'T overfrustrated at the should-be-simple process of paying to play? Get PayPal working already ;)

One of my duties in my real job is to setup online transaction websites. I've dealt with Worldpay, Verisign, Paypal, Authorize.net and many others... Setup online shopping carts, secure transaction servers, the works. I know exactly what any company needs to do from point A to point Z to get a CC processing site up, from customer to AVS service to the Merchant Bank... and honestly, it's pretty simple. What's the hold up? :p PayPal was being worked on in October 2004 :( You'd think getting paid would be important!

Toilet-Duck
18-09-05, 09:24
Paypal For Teh Win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :d

vashtyphoon78
18-09-05, 16:37
double PayPal 4tw. :mad:

[TgR]KILLER
18-09-05, 16:56
Thanks for the feedback N and A.S.Op. I shall email accounts@nc.

What are the restrictions on PBC?

mail account without a S or else you gonna be waiting till next year ;)

Frube
18-09-05, 17:10
I'm trying to get my own account back active again with all my guys on it, but like you, i'm stuck at the Click2Pay boarder. They let me spend 30 minutes on a phone talking to them from UK where the number isn't Toll Free (afaik) only to tell me that they can't reactivate my account that i need to contact neocron, which i did, and they've just told me to contact Click2Pay to reactivate my account. This is just not very good service and like i've said in the email i just sent, if i was a new customer i'd of gone elsewhere because its a pain in the ass.

Worldpay FTW, like old times.

Dribble Joy
18-09-05, 17:15
Worldpay has some serios problems actually, though yeah, the system used previously was so much easier.

vashtyphoon78
18-09-05, 17:24
worldpay for me was just as hard as paybycash.

RogerRamjet
18-09-05, 17:51
Ok, im not usually one for moaning, but this has gone too far.

About a month or so ago now, a friend lent me £20 to reactivate my account along with him for 3 months. So i activate it, and play for a week. Then i go on holiday, and come back, log on to say "woohohoh laaaaaaaad" to people, and get the message my account has expired. "OK" I think, no problem, ill just email KK. So i email them, and get this reply:

Hi Luke Price,

Your account was closed for payment failure. Click2Pay was unable to bill your account.

You'll need to contact them at:

PHONE USA TOLLFREE 1-888-254-2729
INTERNATIONAL +49 (0)30 300 110 100
EMAIL service@click2pay.com

Bill my account you say? Then whats this about:

> From: service@click2pay.com
> Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 21:43:26 +0200
> To: ************
> Subject: Your subscription Neocron2 Subscription - 3 Month was started
>
> Hello Mr. Strachan,
>
> Your subscription Neocron2 Subscription - 3 Month has successfully started,
>
> and CLICK2PAY will automatically transfer the required payments from your
> CLICK2PAY account to 10tacel studios AG.
>
> Thank you for paying with CLICK2PAY.
>
> All your transactions with CLICK2PAY can be viewed and managed at
> http://www.click2pay.com
>
>
> Regards,
> Your CLICK2PAY service team.

(I used a friends C2P, but he definitely got billed)

So anyway, after a few subsequent emails and PMs, apparently the Credit Card used has "expired". Well, thats pretty much further from the truth as possible, since my friend uses his card almost constantly.

So, i was pretty pissed, especially since it wasnt my money that had been taken. So after a few weeks, i save up again to activate my account for a month and see this:

http://usera.imagecave.com/MrLuke/NCaccountpage.jpg

Once again, i think "OK, no probs" and contact C2P:

Dear Mr Price,

Thank you for contacting the CLICK2PAY Service Team.

You will have to reactivate the subscription via the NEOCRON website.

If you experience difficulties with this please contact their support at
account@neocron.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please reply directly to this email including our original
text and ticket reference number. This will help us to deal much faster with
your enquiry.

Thank you for using CLICK2PAY.

Kind regards

Francis Broadbent
CLICK2PAY Service Team

So i contact accounts, and get this:

Hi Luke Price,

We do not handle the billing. If you are able to reactivate your account, you
will need to log into the launcher and reactivate it on your own.

http://launcher.neocron.com/

But, i cant use the launcher coz it says ive gotta contact C2P. Ever since ive been back and forth to KK and C2P constantly.

Now, C2P say they must have my friend contact me so the account can be transfered back to my C2P account. Ive emailed them and they still havent replied.

This is getting out of hand. Make an option to pay directly to KK, or sort out C2P, since this game has lost many dedicated players just becuase they get refused to be able to pay KK.

I know what the reply to this will be. "Contact account@neocron.com". Dont you think i already have for fucks sake? Of course someone will say "Use PayByCash". Yeh sure, if you wanna pay the initial £20 just to be able to use their service, never mind activate your account, and naturally someone will mention phoning C2P. Yeh, i wanna ring America or Germany so i can spend about £20 on phone bills.

Look KK, sort this out. I cant remember any threads mentioning how much WorldPay sucked. Type in your account, your CC, and hey presto, you can play NC.

(Also, is there any chance i could perhaps speak to someone who deals with accounts, not through emails or PMs, but perhaps through IRC or MSN or even
ingame).

Anyway, thats my two cents.

Roger Ramjet

Nidhogg
19-09-05, 10:39
I know what the reply to this will be. "Contact account@neocron.com". Dont you think i already have for fucks sake?
But the rest of it is just so much ranting that gets you absolutely nowhere. There isn't a single, solitary person reading this thread (apart from the people who already man the account helpline) who can help you so what else I can I tell you to do?

The only thing I can suggest is that you collect all the facts together and present them to both parties (us and C2P) in one go. It's easy to lose sight of an issue when it evolves slowly over a period of phone calls and emails so this is often a useful exercise. Also, when I say facts I mean stonewall facts. Examine your friend's card and verify for yourself that it's still valid and actually was the card used to register the account. I'd also strongly suggest simplifying the situation by removing any third parties from the arrangement; use your own card or choose PayByCash instead.

Only account@neocron.com and C2P can help you further.

N