PDA

View Full Version : Neptune = PPU heaven server

Bugs Gunny
17-09-05, 22:50
It's ridiculous that a pvp server has the class that completely unballances pvpv.

What's even worse is that neptune is actualy the BEST server to play a ppu.
They hardly die as it is, but best of all, compared to the other servers, death means less to ppus here. What happens when ppus die? They bitch about those high slotted spells..... Now what is the magical thing with constructing on neptune again ?..... Right. 4-5 slot spells like mad.

NiMBle
17-09-05, 22:52
People know, as this is like the 3rd thread about it. ATM I guess all you can do is get a PPU Buttplug yourself, and *pray* they do somethin about PPU's.

Dargeshaad
17-09-05, 22:57
It's ridiculous that a pvp server has the class that completely unballances pvpv.

They hardly die as it is, but best of all, compared to the other servers, death means less to ppus here. What happens when ppus die? They bitch about those high slotted spells..... Now what is the magical thing with constructing on neptune again ?..... Right. 4-5 slot spells like mad.
HEAVEN....I'M IN HEAVEN!!

Exioce
17-09-05, 23:12
that's all very well and good, but y'know what subject isn't getting enough threads? Neptune PPU's. i really think someone should make a thread about those.

Hell-demon
17-09-05, 23:16
not enough monk threads we need more :)

eprodigy
17-09-05, 23:35
it needs as many threads as takes so KK gets the idea

vashtyphoon78
17-09-05, 23:57
i say we make a huge clan that has no PPUs and is named

DEATH TO PPUs!

and they go around ganking all the PPUs they see in groups of like 5 people at a time and kill em till they find minimum 10 spells then go off and laugh about it on OOC.

Hell-demon
18-09-05, 00:03
sounds good

Bugs Gunny
18-09-05, 01:12
Well, they wouldn't mind.
What needs to be done is do what FF did. Bring 13 ppus and 2 fighters.
Run around with a 6 ppu three fighter ganksquad and fuck up the server.

eprodigy
18-09-05, 01:14
even FF is against PPU's on neptune. and they are the biggest whores on terra of them.

Asurmen Spec Op
18-09-05, 01:15
Honestly, most of you say this and get a ppu to compensate

If you hate them you NEVER fucking use them, show some control, show them you can kick their ass if they have thier buttplug or not.

Im sick of these threads
yes monks are fucking it all up
Yes KK knows
no KK wont do anything drastic enough to save the server
No you people dont follow your own leads and never use PPUs

If you can remeber the last time you used a ppu in combat and whine about them, you fail.

Hell-demon
18-09-05, 01:17
amen Asurmen

eprodigy
18-09-05, 01:18
i /set kill_self 1 before allowing a ppu to help me

part of the problem or part of the solution.

Bugs Gunny
18-09-05, 01:19
You can all have your neptune server.
To me it's no different than Terra.

-More slots? I have enough cash and my own tradeskiller to make high slotted weapons.

-Faster si? Who cares?

-Faster sl? I can run bp's.

-No safeslot? So what? Like i realy need to hack more guns? I got cabinets full of them.

-Real pvp? Hell no. I can find the same thing on Terra

That's why, i'm moving back to Terra to play FETISH - titman with tourets Gunnar Aegirson .

Cya

Asurmen Spec Op
18-09-05, 01:21
Youll be back, Im to sexy for you to leave

jini
18-09-05, 06:30
You can all have your neptune server.
To me it's no different than Terra.

-More slots? I have enough cash and my own tradeskiller to make high slotted weapons.

-Faster si? Who cares?

-Faster sl? I can run bp's.

-No safeslot? So what? Like i realy need to hack more guns? I got cabinets full of them.

-Real pvp? Hell no. I can find the same thing on Terra

That's why, i'm moving back to Terra to play FETISH - titman with tourets Gunnar Aegirson .

Cya

This is what will soon happen to Neptune, admit it or not.
Neptune is a good chance for kk to redeem lost population.
If treated right, it will help the whole neocron. If not, Neptune will die. With death i mean population to 10-15% all monks and the occasonal stubborn low techie pe, that can still exist due to his trusty nibstealth.
Remember the server only now starts to kick. Most still LEd
Edit: KK, don't leave this in chance. A.C.T. now before its too late

eprodigy
18-09-05, 07:49
really thinking about it, whether you like monks or not this would be good for NC's population. there'd still be terra for ppu whoring, and neptune having no ppus would bring back a lot of people that quit because of them.

QuakCow
18-09-05, 08:39
guess im one of the few (if any others) anti ppu apus on neptune :lol:

Original monk
18-09-05, 08:57
guess im one of the few (if any others) anti ppu apus on neptune :lol:

my anti ppu apuhybrid is practically ready and im also working on my anti ppu pierce PE :angel:

Demental
18-09-05, 10:35
what's up with 90% of the people on neptune having there LE in... isn't it a PvP server? lol

giga191
18-09-05, 11:22
I've seen a fair amount of blessed hybrids too. PISS OFF!!!!!!!!

People are always attracted to the most powerful class so that they can have it easy and gank anyone they want.

numb
18-09-05, 11:36
what's up with 90% of the people on neptune having there LE in... isn't it a PvP server? lol

I'm sure that'll change. The trouble is, if it's there people will use it. I cant see myself finding anyone I can compete with until xx/40-xx/50 in rank so why bother removing the LE when the majority of people who are going to have them out are going to be near capped, especially now epic quests do not require a runner kill to complete.

Maui
18-09-05, 17:59
o . m . g . I so hate low tech rifle pe's im gona make a big ass whine thread a bout it and whine and whine more and more and more, and im so cool with my whiner friends..

pls stfu, if u dont like it, dont play it ktnxbye

Bugs Gunny
19-09-05, 11:14
I stopped playing on neptune.
I moved back to Terra, to find that all my clannies had the same feelings about neptune. Not only that, i log onto the ventrilo server, to see two new channels:

Eve online : 7 in channel
Wow: 3 in channel
Neocron : 2 in channel, one afk.

So, that's the clan gone in neocron.

Original monk
19-09-05, 11:32
delete the other channels :angel:

still doesnt fix the problem ffcourse :/

Bugs Gunny
19-09-05, 11:41
I asked a certain clan if they would have me.

Waiting on the response. But i'm defo not staying pro city. I'm sick of running missions to regain my sl from killing those "traumatised" protoharms.

Crest
19-09-05, 11:48
So i create a rare PVP person on Neptune ... a dronner .. go to el farid, and you can't move behind the wall in the queen pit room, Why ? ... about 15 people back there, 2 full teams, including me 1 dronner, a tank (I think) and monks, APu's and PPu's .... Next will be MC5, where it will be camped by the same combo ....

When I played seriously on Terra, my clan never used a PPU - PPU's can't stealth so they are targets for the enemy. Sure we stealthed whore like little bitches going to a hollowean party looking for candy ...... But then we were always out numbered in terms of fire power numbers, and even if the attacks started off with us out numbered, andc the enemy not having a PPU, it always ended with a ppu on the other side. Not once can I remember no PPU, some times it takes a little longer, but where we lost our implants and were able to pick each others belt ..... and worked well together , others compensated that with PPU's.

Now I tell you a plasma wave tank is more deadly than sniping spy ... and yet even those need PPU's stuck to their asses .....

KK can't do anything about the problem on the PVP server, anything they do would only kill leveling ... Remove PPU' spells and they would have to rework a,lost every character in the game, impact to big for 1 server ....

Bugs Gunny
19-09-05, 11:54
The argument that you need ppus to level is silly.
I've capped two tanks, a spy a monk and three pes without a ppu.
Just drug up, go to the right places and use strategy. Sure you die, but at least you don't have to share all the xp with someone who just clicks a heal from time to time.

Original monk
19-09-05, 11:55
Next will be MC5, where it will be camped by the same combo ....

then that full team first gotta get all the droners out that are camping that place since they where /30

and bugs is right ... a ppu doesnt always give you more xp ... in contrary i dont team anymore lately ... and im sure i take the most money and xp out of the entire cave :) (chaoscave in this example)

Seraphin[69]
19-09-05, 13:12
I asked a certain clan if they would have me.

Waiting on the response. But i'm defo not staying pro city. I'm sick of running missions to regain my sl from killing those "traumatised" protoharms.

Just wanted to lol@this ^^

Lifewaster
19-09-05, 13:27
All I see for Neptune is pretty much a cookie cutter set of monk chars , simply with one set of spells for anarchy zones and other for warzones.

APU hybrids:

Undroppable tl 10 heal, (store bought S/D basic buffs) , store bought armor , and easily replacable Chaos Queen FLavalanches in anarchy zones , HL in warzones.

PPU hybrids :

Store bought everything in anarchy zones , 5 slot everything in warzones

PPUs :

Store bought everything in anarchy zones, 5 slot everything in warzones.

APUs :

Chaos FLavalanches in anarchy zones, 5 slot everything in warzones.

Biggest letdown for neptune was leaving the warzones intact imo, if we could have regulated the monks down to anarchy setups permanently it probably would have been a bit more balanced if and when it came to op fights.

Crest
19-09-05, 13:49
The argument that you need ppus to level is silly.
I've capped two tanks, a spy a monk and three pes without a ppu.
Just drug up, go to the right places and use strategy. Sure you die, but at least you don't have to share all the xp with someone who just clicks a heal from time to time.
Power leveling = PPU on your ass.... Tehn a level 1 can stand infront of a grim and hack it with his little switch blade .....
Me I am all for team leveling, 2 dronners at els kick ass, if you can hunt there without a apu / ppu or hybrid commin in and kill the spawn ... you spend 10 minutes working the room, getting all those little 50/50's all over and then a APU comes in throws a few speels and room is all dead ... he made tons of nothing cause his attack is too high ......

then that full team first gotta get all the droners out that are camping that place since they where /30

and bugs is right ... a ppu doesnt always give you more xp ... in contrary i dont team anymore lately ... and im sure i take the most money and xp out of the entire cave :) (chaoscave in this example)

Did not know that this was still heppenning ... TBH you can't do MC5 with a dronner, We once way before someone worked an 'Exploit' or what ever it was termed. And a dronne died so quickly 2 hits and its dead ... I suppose that said, Cheating in MC5 is also not the way

numb
19-09-05, 13:50
I agree that warzones should be taken out, definitely.

I haven't seen a great many monks about though. I've built a lot of stuff for people with my trader and it's rare that I deal with monks. PEs/Tanks [melee] mainly followed by Pistol Spies. With only two character slots neptune may not be the monkfest you're all talking about.

Personally I'm going to have a PE and a Spy - I've never seen the appeal with monks and I remember towards the end of my Saturn days I had a PPU backing me up all the time which made playing incredibly boring (PvM or PvP) - so I left.

Morganth
19-09-05, 14:12
Personally I don't see any point in the PvP server at all. The only people that benefit from it are those that like randomly ganking people, creating havok and generally being pricks. Its no different from Terra, except its easier to ruin someone's day by stealing their weapon. Oh wow, that really makes the server worth playing on. I agree with Bugs completely, in the time it would take me to cap and equip a character on Neptune, I could have done it twice on Terra, because I have what I need to kit out a character in the space of a few hours without worrying about wasting money.

Shame my clan is inactive at the moment, or Terra would seem more interesting. From what I've heard, the new Black Rose are "owning" on Neptune, mainly because there is no one to fight them. Seems pretty pointless playing over there, because even if there was a sizeable force to take them on, I bet they all play monks, paraspam, and talk shit everytime they do something "l33t" :rolleyes:

I can get that on Terra thanks.

pls stfu, if u dont like it, dont play it ktnxbye

Good to see the old CS Kiddy-style Maui is back, the spam count dropped since he left :rolleyes:

Bugs Gunny
19-09-05, 14:21
the fact that you haven't seen many monks come to you for business is not a point of reference.

Who plays apus and ppus? People who usualy play toghether with their counterpart. Usualy on the same voicecoms. Right... CLANS.
Now what's another cool feature about clans?

clannie1: "Hello there clan, can i order some 5 slotted spells?"

Clanconstructor: "Sure thing, gimme 15 minutes. Oh wait... lucky you, they all came out 5 slot within 4 builds. Here you go mate"

suler
19-09-05, 14:27
I don't think one clan dominating on a fresh server is really suprising, also alot of the points against neptune would stand against any new server. I think KK felt like they owed the community neptune since they promised it so long ago.

Also saying the no safe zones and drop rules are only helping griefers is a little extreme. In beta the drop chance was more of a deterrent to pvp then a reason, even pkers knew they were risking something. No risk of dropping your leet weapon is actually more griefer friendly.

I dislike ppus and I wish they would be gotten rid of also but I don't see neptune being any worse ppu wise.

Max Hireman
19-09-05, 14:29
yeah ! remove the skill "ppu" on neptune !!! so nobody can heal !! medikits for teh win !!!!111

and remove hybrids too, and no shelters for the pe's !!!

and remove pe stealth ahhhh

PcP'
19-09-05, 14:42
i'm gonna para u all

Nullvoid
19-09-05, 15:30
Its a nice coincidence that usually, those who trashtalk the most are the ones who have a permanent ppu shadow to aid their amazing ganking sessions.

Yelly
19-09-05, 15:42
All talk about ppu's and hybs.
Sure they are there.They are also on terra and all other servers.
How about pe's, tanks and spies that got lots of goodies.
tl 10 heals tsunami rifle speedgat and tangent weapons that do not drop.
And the server got most pe's atm not ppu's as you all claim.
And it is also fun how all hates ppu's and still you say server got lots of them.
I wonder who create them. KK ?
I think the only thing is needed to be done is remove holy spells.
That would make it alot more interesting without having
to remove anything and also make EVERYTHING droppable.

Dargeshaad
19-09-05, 16:08
nevermind

Torq
19-09-05, 16:26

yes, as this would be so coooooooooool. No PPUs and blessed hybs would get pwned by MC; Force/Piercing. I like it.

also make EVERYTHING droppable.

no. What's the point of running a fuckin epic ( u can only do it once) and dropping the item???

Crest
19-09-05, 17:01
All talk about ppu's and hybs.
Sure they are there.They are also on terra and all other servers.
How about pe's, tanks and spies that got lots of goodies.
tl 10 heals tsunami rifle speedgat and tangent weapons that do not drop.
And the server got most pe's atm not ppu's as you all claim.
And it is also fun how all hates ppu's and still you say server got lots of them.
I wonder who create them. KK ?
That would make it alot more interesting without having
to remove anything and also make EVERYTHING droppable.

I dunno how ubber you are to do some mobs and caves like MC5 with no shit hot holy spells .....

yes I got a PPU on Terra, and he got all 5 slot stuffs, difference is he has 4 GR's, never seen pure day light, and is still 2 level of int from capping....

Reason why PPU's are on the new server is so that players can power level...and do the imposible.
There is no problem with that, its when you start to play the PVP instead of the PVM.

Clan A and Clan B decide not to use PPU's
1 of the following will happen.
1) Clan A attacks clan B and when Clan B is loosing, so goes this agreement (no one hates loosing)
2) Clan A loosing and PPU's join in
3) Clan A and B exist good and account for 40% of the severs poopulation...Clan C who has 10 people attacks both Clan A and Clan B ops, and 10 people (5 PPU's and 5 tanks / apu's) kill 50 of clan B and clan A, and then spam trade ... Clan A and B dont want to loose (See poin1 and 2)....

Torq
19-09-05, 17:10
i'm gonna para u all

I love those pointless statments....

numb
19-09-05, 17:29
With XP increase and AOE weapons why exactly do you need PPU for levelling? I mainly level solo, get more money that way normally and you level sooo fast on neptune.

Crest
19-09-05, 17:40
With XP increase and AOE weapons why exactly do you need PPU for levelling? I mainly level solo, get more money that way normally and you level sooo fast on neptune.

Since all I see at elfarid are monks, APU and PPU's some one makes them, me I am that dronner guy (Drones dont need PPU's)

I agree..... why not do something drastic about this ...

Yelly
19-09-05, 18:24
Well if my idea of removing holy spells was not liked then how about
disabling holy spells in warzones.Then no one can complain in iop wars anyway.
About the droppable thing.Make implants for all epics then or make it so everyone weaponlike epic stuff from epics.As I do not see gaya glove as a weapon.or CA PA and so on

Otiose
22-09-05, 10:14
PPU's dont even need spells to be highly slotted. It just looks good when they are.

Crest
22-09-05, 10:29
Well if my idea of removing holy spells was not liked then how about
disabling holy spells in warzones.Then no one can complain in iop wars anyway.
About the droppable thing.Make implants for all epics then or make it so everyone weaponlike epic stuff from epics.As I do not see gaya glove as a weapon.or CA PA and so on

Yeah baby, no more monks with holy lightning ...

giga191
24-09-05, 10:54
/set delete_ppuspells>psi35

Instead of messing around with all the coding involved in stopping people being ppus or hybrids, I think it would be easier to just turn them all ppu spells above lvl35 to milky rens

Morganth
24-09-05, 17:07

Instead of messing around with all the coding involved in stopping people being ppus or hybrids, I think it would be easier to just turn them all ppu spells above lvl35 to milky rens

Aren't you in FF though?

Dargeshaad
24-09-05, 17:13
Aren't you in FF though?
Yes, but not all muslism are teorists either (though some seem to think so) :lol:

eprodigy
24-09-05, 19:10
as far as neptune goes.. all the FF i've seen have been for the removal of PPUs on that server, including lore afaik

now on terra they will whore them forever

Bugs Gunny
24-09-05, 19:24
remove ppus and stealth from neptune and it'll be a fun server to play.

eprodigy
24-09-05, 19:34
remove ppus and stealth from neptune and it'll be a fun server to play.
very true.

awkward silence
25-09-05, 01:09

imho tl 40 is a better line since my pe loves his haz 1 but hey i might be a bit bias

giga191
25-09-05, 11:25
Most FF find fights better w/o ppus but unfortunately, when it comes to OP war, we would get our ass kicked by the clans who did use ppus.

And no awk, your not biased, just a drug whore :p

Yelly
25-09-05, 11:57
Yeah baby, no more monks with holy lightning ...

It was about ppu's.So remove holy spells from ppu's in warzones.
Apu's are not hardcore in this game.They are easy to take down.
Almost all classes win them 1 vs 1.

giga191
25-09-05, 13:44
i wonder if KK are listening...*hint *hint* *big fucking hint*

Cerbious
25-09-05, 17:40
ppu's = part of Neocron. Now i dont like to fight somone with a ppu butt plug either but it is part of the game... on neptune there is faster lvling and easy to get top weapons. So all it is is about skill in PvP as everyone on a pretty much equal level hmm this sounding familular.. .. . wait it coming to me... er...hmmmz... OH YES counter strike, everyone the same pretty much and comes down to skill. But this game isnt CS it Neocron where there is many things the game has to offer... [/rp]one of them is a being which has been around since 2523 where they where discovered in a cave to had developed PSI capabilites. These capabilites have been known mainly to specialize in either aggression or passive where they can help injured companions. Monks have been our history for more then 200 years! [rp] Even though Neptune is a sever with different boundries dont take out a aspect of the game to make it more like a fps.

BTW i dont have a ppu char before somone thinks im biased.

sultana
25-09-05, 18:55
Has it really gone from the "bring your own ppu" argument, to the "ppus are a part of the game, deal with it" argument?

Asurmen Spec Op
25-09-05, 19:31
Has it really gone from the "bring your own ppu" argument, to the "ppus are a part of the game, deal with it" argument?
Give it a week, itll be "everyone uses PPUs" again

eprodigy
25-09-05, 19:32
There are many things that are part of the game that shouldn't be. Just because the game is one way, doesnt mean it's the best way.

Me personally I just want them fixed, but since KK will never get around to that; removed on neptune so there is one server where fights can at least be enjoyable (for both sides).

solling
25-09-05, 23:01
if they wanted to make neptune special they should remove ppus on the server all toghether maybee all ppu spells above TL 40 or so now that would make it stand out and im sure make everyone want to play on that server unlike
now.

Aren't you in FF though?

arent ur main a ppu tho ?

giga191
25-09-05, 23:17
ppu's = part of Neocron. thank god KK don't think like you or we would still be in nc1 beta. PPUs are part of the game but not necessarily in the right way.

Asurmen Spec Op
25-09-05, 23:21
thank god KK don't think like you or we would still be in nc1 beta. PPUs are part of the game but not necessarily in the right way.
PPus werent in beta :p

Or that early into retail

thus, they havent always been part of the game, thus you cunts dont needs em, booohohooofuckityhooo

awkward silence
26-09-05, 00:22
ppu's = part of Neocron. Now i dont like to fight somone with a ppu butt plug either but it is part of the game... on neptune there is faster lvling and easy to get top weapons. So all it is is about skill in PvP as everyone on a pretty much equal level hmm this sounding familular.. .. . wait it coming to me... er...hmmmz... OH YES counter strike, everyone the same pretty much and comes down to skill. But this game isnt CS it Neocron where there is many things the game has to offer... [/rp]one of them is a being which has been around since 2523 where they where discovered in a cave to had developed PSI capabilites. These capabilites have been known mainly to specialize in either aggression or passive where they can help injured companions. Monks have been our history for more then 200 years! [rp] Even though Neptune is a sever with different boundries dont take out a aspect of the game to make it more like a fps.

BTW i dont have a ppu char before somone thinks im biased.

Heres some RP for you

Awkward Silence killed every single ppu. Crahn as a faction gets no above tl 40 customers... thus they cease the production of the all above 40 passive psi sells. Did i remember the mention lil awkie gave a blowjob to Reza who then blew the person who was in charge of the genrep data backups for ppus.

OCC :p me likes RP.

PLEASE GIVE ONE SERVER WITH NO PPUS !! FFS they got 3 other servers to whore.

Crest
26-09-05, 09:42
PLEASE GIVE ONE SERVER WITH NO PPUS !! FFS they got 3 other servers to whore.

Whens the last time you did mc5 or DOY tunnels without a ppu and exploiting (Drones in MC5 = exploit)

Bugs Gunny
26-09-05, 09:52
There's no ppus in eve online.

Cu when kk fixes their game ballance.

RogerRamjet
26-09-05, 10:09
Not all drones in MC5 are an exploit. Just most people seem to use the ones that are.

sultana
26-09-05, 10:14
Whens the last time you did mc5 or DOY tunnels without a ppu and exploiting (Drones in MC5 = exploit)
The high level areas were "boosted/buffed" because of ppus. I'm sure KK can reduce the damage they do if they ever fix ppus.

Maui
26-09-05, 10:51
Cu when kk fixes their game ballance.

good riddance

Original monk
26-09-05, 12:18
Not all drones in MC5 are an exploit. Just most people seem to use the ones that are.

talking about droning in mc5 isnt allowed on the forums as its a classed exploit or potential exploit, i dont wonna forumpolice you hehe, certainly not because im the one whining on em (them mc5droners) the hardest normally, but its not allowed

The high level areas were "boosted/buffed" because of ppus. I'm sure KK can reduce the damage they do if they ever fix ppus.

yeah they can and did so before, tough i still remember quantumdelta saying this 2 year ago and not alot changed since then :)

sultana
26-09-05, 12:24
talking about droning in mc5 isnt allowed on the forums as its a classed exploit
Erm, not all droning in Mc5 is an exploit (as roger said), it's just most poeple associate droning and mc5 with safespotting.

Original monk
26-09-05, 12:32
i promised not to discuss droners in mc5 nomore on this forum as its an exploit or potential exploit (added the last part to make it clearer)

Crest
26-09-05, 12:56
My answer was in a different context. Yes easy to reduce the mobs in the difficult areas when you remove PPU's. KK have said they are not altering would content to satisfy the PvP server, This was the contect I was refering to

Erm, not all droning in Mc5 is an exploit (as roger said), it's just most poeple associate droning and mc5 with safespotting.

Anyone wanna PM how to drone MC5 without cheating ... I also dunno how to with cheating as I never droned there .... But if its possible then I would like some tips to do MC5 and not cheat doing so .....

Last time I was there was during Drone them 6 months, and I lost drones quicked than I could launch them.....

sultana
26-09-05, 12:59
Kamikaze drones. Though you will need a ppu for rezzing, as you will be dying quite abit.

Dargeshaad
26-09-05, 13:28
Kamikaze drones. Though you will need a ppu for rezzing, as you will be dying quite abit.
Yep, and I found out you can easily do the NCPD high lvl mission as a droner just with kami drones...the whole mission can be done in like 20mins which is quite a joke compared to the other high lvl missions like the doy one where you have to kill 35 doomies and 50 warbots

Breakaway
26-09-05, 16:07
50 warbots? 8|

Crest
26-09-05, 18:41

How many kamis to take out the commaders ?
Will try this (Although i am not overly excited about this)

eprodigy
27-09-05, 01:44
i think kami's ARE the only way for a droner to do mc5 without doing something illegal. but as soon as one blows up the guards agro your body so bye bye.

sultana
27-09-05, 04:12
How many kamis to take out the commaders ?
Will try this (Although i am not overly excited about this)
If you get a ppu to damage boost the commander, you can take him down in about 6-7ish non-rare Kami's. While if you use the rare ones you can take him down in 2-3.

Cerbious
28-09-05, 01:00
thank god KK don't think like you or we would still be in nc1 beta. PPUs are part of the game but not necessarily in the right way.

Yes but the way this thread and most of the threads these days on this topic is going alot of people want PPU's removed from the game. Fair enough alter them on the PvP sever but what i was trying to get accross it a bit harsh to remove them altogether.

Perhaps everytime one of you whine and cry the words overpowered you would like KK to bow down three times, spin 180, touch each wall in the given room before shining ur ass and removing what ever cause u to have tears.

Im glad they dont...

anyway im tired and cant be arsed to write any more on a subject thats been going on longer then i can remeber.

eprodigy
28-09-05, 02:18
i dont think anyone wants them removed totally. just from neptune because that kind of unbalancement doesnt have any place on a real pvp server.

ZoVoS
28-09-05, 03:55
oh what i woudlnt give for gm's to rain spirit mods from the sky

Asurmen Spec Op
28-09-05, 03:59
oh what i woudlnt give for gm's to rain spirit mods from the sky
for every weapon type :p

ZoVoS
28-09-05, 04:06

ic tunneled on a tank lvl 3 with medi kits and self buffs (YA BABEY) ok he wasnt pvp able consifering he has erm about 0 fire resist :angel: but ma tank could do the tunnels

so could my blessed hybreed (im for removing holy spells)

if u bring a huge army of tanks down there each running when they get hit its even easyer.... infact its simple =] ur just all cowards (ok i never made it out for 3 and usualy die but meh i always had a safe slot for my weapon back on terra)

mc5.... on the other hand.... ppu-exploit-die ur only 3 options

for every weapon type :p

for all LOWTECH weapon types.... ya babeh that would realy make life more fun =]

-=edit=- *dreams of the day he has a POB with a spirit modded claw* LMAO

-=EDIT AGAIN=-

it woudl make a use for deflector belts oooo BIG BIG USE FOR EM *claps*

Original monk
28-09-05, 09:35
mc5 ... BAH

make a real cave out of mc5 to be really honest

Bugs Gunny
28-09-05, 11:00
Last night i met up with a "leet" apu-ppu team at mb.
After all the shittalk i decided to dust off "the ol gimped uncapped tl115hack tl115poke" ppu and use him in pvp.

Hell, i felt a tad "dirty" so i pulled out the parashock out of gogo too, as they used it on my pe before dbing.

A friendly tank came along, and oh boy, it was fun.
I parashocked more than any ppu i've seen in my life, keeping a heal on my tank. Made the ppu, his apu, his pe and spy zone several times, killed the apu twice. Only thing i was missing was a tl3 heal in my belt.

KK will never ever fix ppus, so with the remaining few weeks i have left on my accounts, i'm going to cap my ppu and find me a well lubed up tank or apu and be "uberleet" like the rest of em.

Xeno LARD
28-09-05, 12:39
i think kami's ARE the only way for a droner to do mc5 without doing something illegal. but as soon as one blows up the guards agro your body so bye bye.Nah, you just gotta know where to stand and when to fire the kami drone and you should be fine. Might still die from time to time, but it's doable alone.
I think i actually killed myself more often using kami drones close to my body than i actually got shot by the guards. :lol:

Maui
28-09-05, 12:49
After all the shittalk i decided to dust off "the ol gimped uncapped tl115hack tl115poke" ppu and use him in pvp.

Hell, i felt a tad "dirty" so i pulled out the parashock out of gogo too, as they used it on my pe before dbing.

I parashocked more than any ppu i've seen in my life, keeping a heal on my tank. Made the ppu, his apu, his pe and spy zone several times, killed the apu twice. Only thing i was missing was a tl3 heal in my belt.

KK will never ever fix ppus, so with the remaining few weeks i have left on my accounts, i'm going to cap my ppu and find me a well lubed up tank or apu and be "uberleet" like the rest of em.

no more eve ? zzz

Original monk
28-09-05, 12:59
no more eve ? zzz

he was cruising space and a fat ass meteorite didnt wanted to go outta the way :)

Bugs Gunny
28-09-05, 13:50
he was cruising space and a fat ass meteorite didnt wanted to go outta the way :)

Hell no, I'm loving eve online.
It makes me sad, when i just came out of eve, without bugs, lags etc, to long into nc and be greeted by the usualy 0/50 synchbug, or missing gogo or even a long synch when zoning.
When you just play nc, you get used to the bugs, untill you play another game that has hardly any.

And neptune killing off the other servers is not exactly good for the game either.
With the playernumbers as low as they are right now, there should have been just one international server, where everyone played.

Maloch Octavia
28-09-05, 14:13
The worst thing about the whole PPU situation, is that with them, a fight never ends, and it just becomes tiresome, and it's then down to whichever side has their PPU log off first, or makes a silly mistake.

I remember one Op fight that last about six hours. It wasn't even a good fight, it was just lots of PPU's running around ressing and healing and what have you. We ended up losing, because having held the Op for about four hours, we just couldn't be bothered to keep dealing with the living dead coming back to get us, or PPU's making it a 'CHARGE!!'........'RUNAWAY!'...... Situation...

*Shrugs*

Just fight!

Asurmen Spec Op
28-09-05, 14:16

Wow WTF bugs!?

Bugs Gunny
28-09-05, 14:18
Assman, it's gotten even worse than that,..... I'm actualy hunting warbots for fun......

Asurmen Spec Op
28-09-05, 14:23
Hell, have a fun break

Mr Friendly
28-09-05, 23:29

i havent seen a ppu in about 4 days......soooo....dunno where uve been @_@
oh i take that back, saw an LEd one with PA in p1 yesterday :rolleyes:

"KK will never ever fix ppus, so with the remaining few weeks i have left on my accounts, i'm going to cap my ppu and find me a well lubed up tank or apu and be "uberleet" like the rest of em"

its a wishful thiking concept if everyone did it, but they wont so...
cuz if 1/2 a server played a ppu & para spammd & flatlined any guy without a ppu, even some with a ppu, newbies would quit, ppl in genral would quit, then KK would finally go "well oh shit we need to get this ppu fix out now ....emphasis on the bold word...fyi"

Cerbious
28-09-05, 23:43
i dont think anyone wants them removed totally. just from neptune because that kind of unbalancement doesnt have any place on a real pvp server.

thank you first person that hasn't slagged me off for not wishing changes to ppu's on this thread, but i still have to dissagree with u on the fact that u wish no ppu on a pvp sever it turns the game into a FPS like Counter Strike (now i love CS but thats because NC and CS are contrasts.. i cant deal with them being the same.)

sultana
29-09-05, 06:02
i havent seen a ppu in about 4 days......soooo....dunno where uve been @_@
oh i take that back, saw an LEd one with PA in p1 yesterday :rolleyes:
I've hardly been able to pvp without one being around.

Well them or blessed hybrids, and they're a completely different matter aswell.

LaZyBoY
29-09-05, 08:17
Neptune = PPU heaven server its true took me about 3 days and my ppu is base
95 now ^^

RogerRamjet
29-09-05, 09:02
To be honest the last fight i had at crahn hq i killed the PPU and the APU with some help from a hybrid, so they cant be all that powerful.

Uranium Tsunami rifles ftw.

Dargeshaad
29-09-05, 11:55
Uranium Tsunami rifles ftw.
Do i sense a hidden message?? 8|

Original monk
29-09-05, 13:07

GET AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER ! NOW !

sit down, breath carefully and close youre eyes .. inhale .. exhale .. inhale .. exhale ..

ok, go sit in a sofa or lie down on youre bed and dont focus or concentrate on anything particular, let youre mind go aslong as it doesnt go in the neocronlike direction ...

do not read this forum again today, dont look at flashing or pulsating lights and try to avoid television or any videogames, not only PC but also similar like playstation, xbox, nintendo or pocket version of one of these ..

dont use stimulating products like coffee, energydrinks .. or worse

relax and when things get better try read a book or sumthing, no neocron manual/history and no sci-fi books hé !!

this should get you back ok witouth any acute need of medication, good luck !

Bugs Gunny
29-09-05, 13:23
Original, you seriously need to stop seeing psychiatrists for your online gaming adiction.

Drake6k
29-09-05, 13:31
I might was well do my part.

Yeah fix the fucking ppus *points at avatar*

I would be playing Neptune but the LE prevents low level pvp and the ppus ruin high level pvp.

Original monk
29-09-05, 13:35
Original, you seriously need to stop seeing psychiatrists for your online gaming adiction.

sjjt, those psychological health proffesionals learned me alot of stuff allready ! its more then my pleasure to let the whole community benefit from this knowledge :)

plus there very kind people :D (if you dont eat em or threathen to eat em)

(ok ok ill tell ya why i got this kind of behaviour today if you promise you dont laugh :/ ... i didnt sleep ... heck i didnt even see my bed last night :/ i been hanging in cafe's whole night drinking orange juice and the occasional palm, reading crappy free magazines ... when i got back home from work someone left the damn KEY on the door and i couldnt get in and i couldnt wake anyone after hours and hours of calling on the phone, ringing the bell, yelling at the window and throwing lil stones against it :( ... someone suggested to come sleep over but i was so nervous of this whole bloody stupid rediculous situation that i couldnt even think of sleeping .. :( ... after every cafe in town closed it was pretty cold do you mind, i feel like a bum today, think ill take a day off tommorow *yawn* )

RogerRamjet
29-09-05, 15:41

Yes.

All you need is a good dose of Uranus and your PPU problems will go away :D

E. Cryton
29-09-05, 20:08
so true roger <3

eprodigy
29-09-05, 22:29
thank you first person that hasn't slagged me off for not wishing changes to ppu's on this thread, but i still have to dissagree with u on the fact that u wish no ppu on a pvp sever it turns the game into a FPS like Counter Strike (now i love CS but thats because NC and CS are contrasts.. i cant deal with them being the same.)
but if you give the terrorists god mode, that doesn't make it an RPG.

again. Healers have a place in NC. PPU's the way they are do not.

Cerbious
30-09-05, 20:25
but if you give the terrorists god mode, that doesn't make it an RPG.

again. Healers have a place in NC. PPU's the way they are do not.

i could lean to having em nerfed though i like em as they are as i think in terms of op fights rather then street fights where the ppu is like the king u have to out smart and trap before u can put em in 'check mate'. And while u are putting this king in 'check' (attacking/keeping it busy) u are taking out all of its bishops(apu's), castles/rooks (tanks), knights (PE's) and pawns (spies). And you then when the king is on its on can concentrate all your remaining forces on 'Check mateing' (killing it).

ppu's are a tactical eleimante which make op fights very interesting and also ensures they dont last 2 mins. op fights are like siegeing a castle it is just vollys of attacks kept constant with both sides feeling the strain. i mean i once did a 6 hour op fight vs synchronizers on uranus, ok i almost collapsed at the comp after especially being the clan leader so im not just having to fight im having to do all the 'admin' of a op fight aswell. We even lost that in the end but it was a fantastic time, without ppu's it would have lasted barley 5 mins.

in a street fight environment however i can agree, the differences between two players shlould be settled between themselves and not involving other people (ppu's). If u come out of Pussy Club quite drunk and pick a fight with a dumb tank sitting on the street on ur way back ot your appartment... you got yourself in that mess and shouldnt have to relie on a person with special psi advantages to keep u alive.