PDA

View Full Version : Neptune- APu's

Zeninja
17-09-05, 20:08
Warning : This is only wanabee satirical thread (I don't want any class to be removed from any server). Well... maybe it's not :rolleyes:

I've always wonder, why you guys (= the guys that want everything to be changed every couple of weeks) keep on asking for ppus to be removed twice an hour on forums, where the only thing that takes out all the fun from this game is and has always been Holy Lightning, even during old hybrid times. If their were overall stats of my playing NC, I'd bet on me getting owned by Holy Lightning within 7 seconds from invisible APU 80% of the times I died.

No, there is no "anti holy-lightning pills" available atm ; antishock pills are. PPUs and their parashock/db wouldn't be that overpowered and embarassing with no lame apu to follow, no matter the situation. Just have a look on most pvp movies from nc1, where tanks were ruling OPs and street fights instead of apus, as it should have always been when you refer to NC's background/manual. That was great fun until people all came to apu+ppu duo, that kills everything taking profits of the BAD NETCODE before you even see them or reach them. Not to mention HAB that took noob buffing to the rank of a Religion for some of us.

When solo pvping, apus are no more than Spies with infamous easier aiming, then in OPs they are no more than Tanks with infamous easier aiming. We are very far away from a class that should deal big damages for a very low resistance : actually they move, run and avoid being hit like Pistoleros, snipe like Riflers with better accuracy, make outrageous damages like Heavy Tanks, aim like Melee Tanks, and resist energy/fire/pierce like Hell with a holy SD : I don't see any class that would better suit silly names like "overpowered" or "superfluous" ; though, I wouldn't like ANY class to be removed from that game (this should have been done 4 years ago tbh, now it's a little bit late to rethink the game, isn't it ?).

No more elves uh ? What about parish priests casting thunders and fire on people into a post-apocaliptic cyberpunk environnement like Neocron ? It's a little bit outdated maybe, but this is another subject.

I don't see the point at removing ppus, as I would'nt play a MMORPG (which relies on cooperation) without a healer class. Neocron is still perfectly balanced in theory, netcode and lag fucks it all so much that lamers/sheeps all go for APU. Another thing is, that I would'nt give you "guys" more than a week to see you all whining about "how overpowered PE's are now with db and stealth and shelter" when KK has removed ppus.

The only thing I see here, that needs to be changed, is player's behaviours and expectations. Everyone wants fair fights but everyone wants to be the damage dealer that takes none : that's how I explain most people think PPU's should be removed and not APU's, whereas removing the first one (ppu) would make the second one (apu) totally useless in most pvp situations.

Speedball
17-09-05, 20:11
Everyone wants fair fights but everyone wants to be the damage dealer that takes none : that's how I explain most people think PPU's should be removed and not APU's, where removing the first one (ppu) would make the second one (apu) totally useless in most pvp situations.

Everyone wants 4 playable and helpfull classes in fight, not only 1 class that can erase all.

Asurmen Spec Op
17-09-05, 20:22
I have nothing against APUs, they are balanced untill ppus show up

eprodigy
17-09-05, 20:57
spam and useless poll.

closed

james_finn
17-09-05, 20:59
woot eprodigy has become a forum admin

Grats mate.

[/sarcasm]

NiMBle
17-09-05, 21:50
Gotta agree with Asurmen, APU's are just as balanced as any class, they easy to kill but do great damage... until the PPU comes, awesome damage, great defense.

Asurmen Spec Op
17-09-05, 21:55
Gotta agree with Asurmen, APU's are just as balanced as any class, they easy to kill but do great damage... until the PPU comes, awesome damage, great defense.
oh god

some one agreed with me

:eek:

NiMBle
17-09-05, 21:58
oh god

some one agreed with me

:eek:

Feel the e-love

Scanner Darkly
17-09-05, 22:12
Voted droms and shat, oh wait...

Yeah but if you remove ppus then you have blessed hybrids at best (if say you remove all holy spells and everything above para halo, not the class), maybe not the ideal scenario. Still, not as fierce as an APU PPU combo am I rite?

Actually imagine what would happen if you removed HOLY HEAL (only holy heal not group of sanctum). What happens now - buffed APU still takes a lot of damage, but it can now be taken down even with a small team (or solo sniper). All the caves are still doable, all the high level areas remain the same - HH group is used there and is just as effective (just need a good one to cap it). Suddenly the PPU APU combos are a fair bit less hard to kill (should test this) and a PPU also becomes a little easier to kill.

Two (several) flies killed with that single stone!

So why not just test it on Neptune? Just remove holy heal completely and see what happens...

Kozmos
17-09-05, 22:30
Lets just make neptune a 1 class server, Tsunami Rifle PE's .............................................................................................

NiMBle
17-09-05, 22:32
Voted droms and shat, oh wait...

Yeah but if you remove ppus then you have blessed hybrids at best (if say you remove all holy spells and everything above para halo, not the class), maybe not the ideal scenario. Still, not as fierce as an APU PPU combo am I rite?

Actually imagine what would happen if you removed HOLY HEAL (only holy heal not group of sanctum). What happens now - buffed APU still takes a lot of damage, but it can now be taken down even with a small team (or solo sniper). All the caves are still doable, all the high level areas remain the same - HH group is used there and is just as effective (just need a good one to cap it). Suddenly the PPU APU combos are a fair bit less hard to kill (should test this) and a PPU also becomes a little easier to kill.

Two (several) flies killed with that single stone!

So why not just test it on Neptune? Just remove holy heal completely and see what happens...

Sounds like a plan to me, perfect chance to test it thoroughly, and I'm pretty sure people wouldn't mind either, alot of people have been asking for this sort of fix for a longtime now - a small trial (maybe 2 weeks?) wouldn't do any harm.

giga191
17-09-05, 22:40
I think KK have gone the wrong way about making the PPU class. They should be a tactical class using a range of pets, debuffs, spells that have weird effects etc.

NiMBle
17-09-05, 22:47
I think KK have gone the wrong way about making the PPU class. They should be a tactical class using a range of pets, debuffs, spells that have weird effects etc.

This isnt WoW. You dont have pets. You dont get spells that turns you into a sheep or makes you run away in fear.

*EDIT* www.no-more-elves.com

Limax
18-09-05, 01:23
/agree Zeninja :)

Asurmen Spec Op
18-09-05, 01:38
Lets just make neptune a 1 class server, Tsunami Rifle PE's .............................................................................................
pft most PEs will grow out of the 'oh noz not meh gun!' mode soon.

I hate the TSU
I hate rifles
Libby sex tbh

afk2p
18-09-05, 03:00
A thread titled "Neptune - APUs" with a poll to remove PPUs that has only negative options. Zeninja, you are a shit-stirring fool.

E. Cryton
18-09-05, 04:24
@ threadstarter, dont think u got the point ...

what happens when an apu ppu team shows up ? --> your dead
what happens when a tank ppu team shows up ? --> your dead
what happens when a pe ppu team show up ? hell, with that freeze + dmgb u'd still be dead ...
same with a spy tbh ...

the problem is not the apu or any other fight class ...
its the ppu.

sultana
18-09-05, 05:08
For the win.

Well until I can get a Pain Easer, but until then :rolleyes:

jini
18-09-05, 06:23
For the win.

Well until I can get a Pain Easer, but until then :rolleyes:
You will glow in the dark then sult lol :D:D:D (both from pleasure... and swirly)

eprodigy
18-09-05, 07:50
the tsunamic epic point is exactly the reason neptune needs some changes. theres no safeslot so everyone makes a char that wont drop much of value. tsu pe's, HC pe's, etc

Dargeshaad
18-09-05, 08:14
the tsunamic epic point is exactly the reason neptune needs some changes. theres no safeslot so everyone makes a char that wont drop much of value. tsu pe's, HC pe's, etc
Well I use the TSU because well uhhh I drop like 8 items when I die...yes it's called massive negative SL

giga191
18-09-05, 11:13
This isnt WoW. You dont have pets. wtf is a soulcluster then? O_o

EDIT: and about APUs being balanced, it may be true but it brings some really crappy 2 second fights that aren't really much fun. Basically the person who shoots the other person in the back wins

Skusty
18-09-05, 11:19
APUs are balance as long as theres no PPUs, i can get owned by apus when there with out ppus. So there is no problem with'em. Just use a piercing gun.

Maui
18-09-05, 18:03
I want a non pvp server plz, with only save zones, and everyone can be friends..

aka

stop whine

plz

Zeninja
19-09-05, 13:16
Lets just make neptune a 1 class server, Tsunami Rifle PE's
That's what you get when you remove PPUs from Neptune.

Who's gonna make a Tank where a PE got better resists (shelter) in any situations (especially OPs), uber heal, and still got stealth ?
Who's gonna make a Tank with a CS that can be lost in belt at any time, where a PE uses crap TPC + DB for same dmg ?
Who's gonna make an Apu with non rare spells not to lose his HL/FA, where a drugged PE does same dmg for 10 times his resists ?
Who's gonna make an Apu based hybrid, when you got noone to antibuff ? (debuffing a PE is the joke).

Maybe some spies survive for tradeskills, that's all.

This is all that simple : Remove ppu => PE Server => Face of Mankind.

giga191
19-09-05, 16:41
stop whine

Think this is the wrong place to say this. If no one posted something that they are unahppy about then there wouldn't be any threads.

Torq
19-09-05, 16:43
This is all that simple : Remove ppu => PE Server

And the problem is??? There have always been PEs. They are hard to kill sometimes, hey but at least u can fight them..... PPU+APU :rolleyes:

So APUs do the most damage, but got really weak resists. And if there were no holy spells, nearly nobody would play them, as there are at least 90 TSU PEs running around,kickin their ass with FOR. So... without holy spells, we could get rid of all those monks. sounds really nice to my tbh

EDIT: APUs are jsut overpowered with PPUs, the resistboost is insane and their dmg output the highest ingame.

Dargeshaad
19-09-05, 16:48
And the problem is??? There have always been PEs. They are hard to kill sometimes, hey but at least u can fight them..... PPU+APU :rolleyes:

So APUs do the most damage, but got really weak resists. And if there were no holy spells, nearly nobody would play them, as there are at least 90 TSU PEs running around,kickin their ass with FOR. So... without holy spells, we could get rid of all those monks. sounds really nice to my tbh

EDIT: APUs are jsut overpowered with PPUs, the resistboost is insane and their dmg output the highest ingame.
You just won't see alot of PURE APUs, most will spec some in PPU for resist buff/heal/def etc. meaining they won't do insane dmg, but they'll be able to take some punishment even on their own and still have the wonderful no-reticle aim

RogerRamjet
19-09-05, 17:11
The biggest problem is the line of sight. I fought at CRP for like an hour yesterday, and managed to hold my own against a couple of guys (tanks, PEs, reticle users) but once a hybrid got into the fray it was pointless fighting. Theyd hit me wherever i was on my screen as if i was stood still. Make the game check for line of sight tbh.

Tesee
19-09-05, 17:13
Zeninja => President !!

hm... I cannot vote "remove dead animals"8|

Zeninja
19-09-05, 18:20
hm... I cannot vote "remove dead animals"8|
Ah ! I knew I forgot something...