PDA

View Full Version : Neptune- PPu's

[PiN]Fluffy
17-09-05, 15:38
BLAH BLAH BLAH Save the Flames.... Just vote. We all know why they should be removed. Plz dont post unless you have something Intellegent to say..

Skusty
17-09-05, 15:47
Noway! It will just be an another terra with FFs ppu army...

vanpan
17-09-05, 15:51
kk should implement team level dex for the monk.

ohforf'sake

[PiN]Fluffy
17-09-05, 15:55
Well DOnt just Vote plz Explain why you voted.... Acording to the polls most people Want PPu's On Neptune?! WTF?! I would love to hear Justification to those votes...

retr0n
17-09-05, 15:59
Fluffy']Well DOnt just Vote plz Explain why you voted.... Acording to the polls most people Want PPu's On Neptune?! WTF?! I would love to hear Justification to those votes...

I want them removed, because they unbalance everything to the extreme.
And because I <3 U :)

Maui
17-09-05, 16:00
part of the game, get over it.

Dribble Joy
17-09-05, 16:05
If you are going to do anything to PvP balance, you must do it on all servers, no special rules on Neptune.

sultana
17-09-05, 16:17
I just got parashocked on Neptune :( It's like the beginning of what we now call Terra :eek:

Eh Pigman and I still killed the apu he was supporting :lol:

Tsunami Pes for the win.

eprodigy
17-09-05, 17:51
guess all the PPU whores have come out of hiding to post here. enjoy your no skill wins guys.

paolo escobar
17-09-05, 18:09
If you are going to do anything to PvP balance, you must do it on all servers, no special rules on Neptune.

LOL YEAH, good point DJ. Because there arent any other special rules on neptune are there.

Remove ppu on neptune, that i do agree with.

But they ARE a part of the game, ffs dont do something like remove them from all servers. The whole community for the large part agrees they need to be reworked. But removing a whole class would be stupid.

[PiN]Fluffy
17-09-05, 18:20
I just got parashocked on Neptune :( It's like the beginning of what we now call Terra :eek:

Eh Pigman and I still killed the apu he was supporting :lol:

Tsunami Pes for the win.

LOL same thing... Except the APu had to zone whore... ANd i got killed Becuase I crashed WHile Zoning....<3 <3 FRE's...

<3 <3 Tsunami Pe's More!

Asurmen Spec Op
17-09-05, 18:21
Should they?yes
Will they? no :/

Shenyu Reza
17-09-05, 18:29
remove them on all server ^^

eprodigy
17-09-05, 19:31
this is not EVER going to happen no matter how many times KK has admitted they need to fix PPUs. KK doesn't make REAL changes, they make stupid changes and upgrade the fucking grass that no one gives a shit about. and the last balance change with weapon skills just fucked everything up more..

removing PPUs on neptune would make the server at least an enjoyable place to play... and something different from the crap thats on terra/etc

E. Cryton
17-09-05, 20:15
removing ppus from neptune would be great - but itwill never happen.

i think it wont happen coz there are too man ppl addicted to this bug.
if they'd remove it too many people would whine and cry and leave. just becoz they would have to fight on their own instead of relying on the ppu support.

at least it would be worth a try.

Mechanicus
17-09-05, 20:36
you get the best loot from killing ppus though, almost always a nice slotted high tl spell

eprodigy
17-09-05, 20:56
if there was no ppus you woudnt be any use for that loot.

Mechanicus
17-09-05, 20:59
if there was no ppus you woudnt be any use for that loot.

that barely made sence, and is far from a valid argument

Dargeshaad
17-09-05, 21:02
you get the best loot from killing ppus though, almost always a nice slotted high tl spell
Ok and what are we supposed to do with that high tl spell? Make a PPU and use it on him....or hey maybe we could sell it to Yos...phat l00t

Mechanicus
17-09-05, 21:21
or maybe you could sell it on trade for some good money

braydagner
17-09-05, 21:24
The PPU of Neocron is like the AWP of Counter-Strike. Everyone complains but its part of the game. I say leave it like it is just because, BUT PPUs in Neptune is kinda stupid since it IS a PvP server.

eprodigy
17-09-05, 21:28
that barely made sence, and is far from a valid argument
its kind of endless loop.. if there wasnt any ppus there wouldnt be any use for ppu loost, but there wouldnt be any ppus to drop it either. AND i dont care about loot; pvp would be actually enjoyable

Bugs Gunny
17-09-05, 21:29
I predict that within two weeks neptune will have MORE ppus than the other servers.

New prediction:

Some old vets came back and the hardcore pvpers went to neptune.
They realise kk won't fix ppus and there's no point playin neptun.
Massive exodus takes place from people who moved to neptune, back to their old servers and the hardcore pvpers and returned vets cancel their accounts.

I had good hopes for neptune, but it's fading fast.
With neptune KK has an opportunity to tap into a LARGE market, but when ppus remain what they are it'll be a good idea that's torpedoed due to some secondary issues left unsolved.

Asurmen Spec Op
17-09-05, 21:30
Aye, I was just killed by a PE with appu

God do these people have no shame?!

Mechanicus
17-09-05, 21:33
um, half these vets played ppus, 80% had a ppu, 99% played with ppus
why would they leave becasue of ppus?

and pvp IS enjoyable, getting sweet loot is also enjoyable

Bugs Gunny
17-09-05, 21:36
Heh, some people actualy enjoy it. They suck at playing the game and then gloat when they actualy get to kill someone.

Had an example today at crp. Tank, ppu and pe.
I got the tank, he ran alone too long, then the pe almost went down WITH ppu support and they called in an apu to reinforce.
When i died the ppu went :"You are dead !"... nice one.

KK won't solve it, unless we do something about it.

There's two things we can do:
1) Refuse to fight people who have ppus, either run or just stand there and don't move.

2) Everyone make a ppu and make the problem worse
Resulting in a fucked up game and people quiting and posting about it on gaming forums.
Neocron: Game with potential, but they have wizards there that screw it up, rating: 1/10.

Asurmen Spec Op
17-09-05, 21:37
Im gonna put a little thing on my site with a list of all PPU teams, and then we should all obstain from poking/csting/ressing/fighting with them

eprodigy
17-09-05, 21:37
just me (the loser that i am ;) ) i know 5-6 people from NC1 who i used to pk with that left because of PPUs and the uselessness of skill from a game that claims to be all about it.

i mean i dont see the problem with having one server (the pvp server!) without PPUS? there is still terra and mercury and mars for the people who enjoy fighting with them ?? appease all the so called 'whiners' who enjoy fair fights over ppu whoring garbage thats not even pvp with one thing, even if KK refuses to actually fix the problem they've admitted.

Mechanicus
17-09-05, 21:46
bring your own ppu, then its fair

and i pvp 75% of the time with no ppu, yeah its fun, but pvping with a ppu is fun also, theres really no good reason not to partake in it

eprodigy
17-09-05, 22:25
pvp with a ppu is fun if you like taking a nap while you fight.. it just drags fights out into an endless heal fest. its not fun.

imagine if a ppu was the same as another fighter. that would be fun.

Mechanicus
17-09-05, 22:29
its easy to take down targets with ppus on them, i plough through ppu supported targets on an apu and on a tank it takes a little longer but its still doable and fun with a carefully time newb heal

Dargeshaad
17-09-05, 22:54
its still doable and fun with a carefully time newb heal
Ah yes, the great halfarsed attempt by KK to say that "well we won't call using nib heal/buffs an exploit, so we can argue that PPUs can actually be killed and we don't have to do jack about them"

Scanner Darkly
17-09-05, 23:02
Here's my post from the other thread. I think this might help ease the PPU hatin':

Actually imagine what would happen if you removed HOLY HEAL (only holy heal not group of sanctum). What happens now - buffed APU still takes a lot of damage, but it can now be taken down even with a small team (or solo sniper). All the caves are still doable, all the high level areas remain the same - HH group is used there and is just as effective (just need a good one to cap it). Suddenly the PPU APU combos are a fair bit less hard to kill (should test this) and a PPU also becomes a little easier to kill.

Two (several) flies killed with that single stone!

So why not just test it on Neptune? Just remove holy heal completely and see what happens...Then again this might come under what Nidhogg said about the unified database et al...

Asurmen Spec Op
18-09-05, 02:12
Im up for it

Id also like* to see holy buffs removed and mobs tweaked to match

*This would take far to much time for the devs, and thus will stay at a wish

eprodigy
18-09-05, 04:31
whats really sad is; when you log onto neptune.. many people actually will say "whats wrong with fighting with a ppu?". the sad part is i think they're serious...

but if you try to explain they just say "OMG YOUR A FUCKING RETARD" and continue flaming from there. such intelligence among the ppu whoring community.

they really lied when they said nc pvp was about player skill.

sultana
18-09-05, 04:53
bring your own ppu, then its fair
Wow. What an argument for keeping PPUs ingame.

Remove Foreign S/D and Parashock, thanks.

Hell this way the ppus can stop complaining about being nib buffed.

And afaik, alot of people left because of the ppu imbalance, the rest because bugs. So I don't see how removing ppus from a pvp server will cause people to quit :wtf:

Asurmen Spec Op
18-09-05, 04:59
Wow. What an argument for keeping PPUs ingame.

Remove Foreign S/D and Parashock, thanks.

Hell this way the ppus can stop complaining about being nib buffed.

And afaik, alot of people left because of the ppu imbalance, the rest because bugs. So I don't see how removing ppus from a pvp server will cause people to quit :wtf:
some will quit, but 3x more will come back, and those who would leave are better off playing wow anyways

giga191
18-09-05, 11:19
part of the game, get over it. So are FREs and long synchs but it doesn't mean something shouldn't be done about it.

Maui
18-09-05, 18:09
So are FREs and long synchs but it doesn't mean something shouldn't be done about it.

stop whine...

plz

now

thanks

E. Cryton
18-09-05, 18:11
from now on maui will fight all the whiners ...

!!!

Dargeshaad
18-09-05, 18:23
stop whine...

plz

now

thanks
stop

posting

meaningless

replies

plz

now

thanks

Maui
18-09-05, 18:32
I fail it after 2 posts

:x

ph34r

E. Cryton
18-09-05, 18:35
stop

posting

meaningless

replies

plz

now

thanks

but this post is as meaningless as mauis was 0.o ...

eprodigy
18-09-05, 18:36
wanting something that is broken and hinders real gameplay to be fixed, is not whining.

Maui
19-09-05, 10:48
wanting something that is broken and hinders real gameplay to be fixed, is not whining.

that is YOUR opinion

so its whining...

retr0n
19-09-05, 10:54
that is YOUR opinion

so its whining...

Wait, so, because someone has an opinion that differs from yours, it's whining?
And as far as I know, this is a discussion forum, where people discuss ingame
related stuff, while you are whining at them for doing so. So please, dont log on
to the forums or stop your whining.

Thanks.

Maui
19-09-05, 10:59
Wait, so, because someone has an opinion that differs from yours, it's whining?

yes..

Bugs Gunny
19-09-05, 11:11
Maui, I find that Jester and Eric are much better at pissing off people.
They have that extra touch of class, which you miss.

jini
19-09-05, 12:23
Heh, some people actualy enjoy it. They suck at playing the game and then gloat when they actualy get to kill someone.

Had an example today at crp. Tank, ppu and pe.
I got the tank, he ran alone too long, then the pe almost went down WITH ppu support and they called in an apu to reinforce.
When i died the ppu went :"You are dead !"... nice one.

KK won't solve it, unless we do something about it.

There's two things we can do:
1) Refuse to fight people who have ppus, either run or just stand there and don't move.

2) Everyone make a ppu and make the problem worse
Resulting in a fucked up game and people quiting and posting about it on gaming forums.
Neocron: Game with potential, but they have wizards there that screw it up, rating: 1/10.
the only dolution to the problem bugs, is the LE chip.
Just keep the LE chip in, DONT take it out and get richer every day, do all epics and then some, but dont remove the LE. By removing the LE u are just making yourself a sitting duck to some unskilled nibs that happen to have the usual ppu plug. I have seen this pe in cyc myself, what a shame to a solo class :(
People in Neptune: keep your LE in as the best protest for the ppu/ bl hybrids infestation

COLD
19-09-05, 13:47
NO..If a class that specializes is to be removed, the the entire skill needs to be removed, as we don't want any dabblers out there, toying with things that should have been left to the pro's. :)

PcP'
19-09-05, 14:44
ppu 4tw

sultana
19-09-05, 14:52
Argh, the whole of today, they only people I fought were ppus, or ppu supported people.

Riddle
19-09-05, 14:54
How long would an OP war last without PPU's? seconds?

1 - Hack first layer
2 - Barrel UG
3 - Wait to see all the dead bodies zone from UG to OP
4 - Spam OOC how shit they are
5 - Hack final layer take OP

I prefer the challenge of taking down the PPU along with his companions, There are many valid ways to do this including nib buffs.

I think playing a PPU well, takes great skill, not only looking after yourself but your team mates aswell. But not all PPU's are great and most are easily dispatched.

When it comes to bumping into the old APU/PPU combo as a PE, spy, etc. I can see the issues but OP wars would become very quick and boring tbh.

jini
19-09-05, 14:56
What Neptune really misses now, are nc1 exotic psi hybrids. Just for old times sake. As for the ppus, they kill all the rest of the classes. Im gonna level less and less in Neptune and get back to Terra. Radium(Retron), you were right :(
Edit: @Ridle: why come from UG? surprise them all and attack from the other entrances of an op.

sultana
19-09-05, 15:00
1 - Hack first layer
2 - Barrel UG
3 - Wait to see all the dead bodies zone from UG to OP
4 - Spam OOC how shit they are
5 - Hack final layer take OP
Hardly.

Besides we're not campaining to get ppu's "removed" but "changed". I don't care if the ppu can keep him/herself alive, I do care if that same ppu suddenly makes a character that has the lowest defence, pratically unkillable.

I prefer the challenge of taking down the PPU along with his companions, There are many valid ways to do this including nib buffs.
See, most people don't.

I think playing a PPU well, takes great skill, not only looking after yourself but your team mates aswell. But not all PPU's are great and most are easily dispatched.
Doesn't change the fact that ppus unbalance PvP, period.

Also, it's shit easy keeping yourself alive as a ppu.

Xeno LARD
19-09-05, 15:10
Hm, lots of "no" votes. Looks like someone got all FF to vote. :lol:

Bugs Gunny
19-09-05, 15:19
IF prashock is removed and you tone down ppus to the blessed level at max (with the old apu-ppu malus). The game would be ballanced.

If op wars are too short with the barreling... just put 4 ug's at an op, and put a return timer on it. You go up, you can only go back down after at least 30 seconds.

It's funny how more and more people are realising that neptune is going to be worse than Terra. Added bonus on neptune, more asshats.

Nullvoid
19-09-05, 15:21
-Don't remove ppu's (not everyone wants to be a hybrid)

-Fix all heals so they actually work properly.

-Once the heals are sorted, scale all damage on weapons and suchlike to match. ppu's should be godly, but unable to make their teammates godly, just stronger.

-Set about toning down the parashock items. They don't add any fun to the game whatsoever and while they remain as they are, serve purely as a ganking tool.

-Sort out this bullshit with the new pvp server. All you've achieved is a splitting of the remaining population without actually improving the game. Either scale down to having just Neptune and one *non-pvp* server, or bring the neptune changes over to mars, mercury and terra(deleting neptune in the process, what a shame that would be ehh?).

Dargeshaad
19-09-05, 15:25
IF prashock is removed and you tone down ppus to the blessed level at max (with the old apu-ppu malus). The game would be ballanced.

If op wars are too short with the barreling... just put 4 ug's at an op, and put a return timer on it. You go up, you can only go back down after at least 30 seconds.

It's funny how more and more people are realising that neptune is going to be worse than Terra. Added bonus on neptune, more asshats.
Couldn't agree more, if not forever then at least they could get it a try.....hell hardcore PPUs might even get to like the changes (who knows??)

Yelly
19-09-05, 15:44
All talk about ppu's and hybs.
Sure they are there.They are also on terra and all other servers.
How about pe's, tanks and spies that got lots of goodies.
tl 10 heals tsunami rifle speedgat and tangent weapons that do not drop.
And the server got most pe's atm not ppu's as you all claim.
And it is also fun how all hates ppu's and still you say server got lots of them.
I wonder who create them. KK ?
I think the only thing is needed to be done is remove holy spells.
That would make it alot more interesting without having
to remove anything and also make EVERYTHING droppable.

Original monk
19-09-05, 15:57
(with the old apu-ppu malus)

apu ppu malus 8|

i even forgot something like that existed 8|

the fact the memory deliberatly excludes/forgets bad things that happend to em is a way to protect itself / the human brain

but now i remember all about that evil thing :eek:

even seeing it between lil brackets makes me freak out :(

Riddle
19-09-05, 15:58
Originally Posted by Riddle

See, most people don't.

From this poll it looks pretty even split tbh, so most people don't is only your belief.

I stand by my theory on OP wars. Either short as hell or How else will they go down?

Maybe this ?:
People will just have a shitload of APU's with a PE's buffing them instead of PPU's.
PE's will still DB everyone and their mum whilst APU drops HL on your head till your dead and without the holy range of spells thats probably 6 shots at the most or 1 each from 6 APU's

PPU's may be a problem but people will use whats available to their advantage.

Original monk
19-09-05, 16:01
From this poll it looks pretty even split tbh, so most people don't is only your belief.

dont believe polls on the forum cause only a percentage that plays also reads the forum (or is able to post on it ..) and from that percentage only a small percentage has read the poll ... from that percentage only a small part voted on the poll itself :)

plus the fact that the people that yell the hardest always get the most votes

this totaly aside from youre or sultana's opinion :)

with other words i dont say youre wrong yust as i dont say sultana is wrong :)

yust dont point to polls as they are always biased hehe, better say: be carefull with looking at polls in general :)

Bugs Gunny
19-09-05, 16:04

I stand by my theory on OP wars. Either short as hell or How else will they go down?

Maybe this ?:
People will just have a shitload of APU's with a PE's buffing them instead of PPU's.
PE's will still DB everyone and their mum whilst APU drops HL on your head till your dead and without the holy range of spells thats probably 6 shots at the most or 1 each from 6 APU's

With blessed ppus it's still better to bring them to an op war than a pe to buff people.

Dargeshaad
19-09-05, 16:13

Maybe this ?:

Do you know this game has a class called droners....do you know what a droner can do to an APU if he's not careful....that's right FUCK HIM UP, do you still think there'll be tons of APUs? I think not
I do however think there'll be a more variety of classes attending at OP wars instead as it is now (read: monks only)

jini
19-09-05, 17:16
We can whine all the day ladies and gents, and then more. The sad truth of all this is, that 50% of the playerbase wants ppus, as indicated by the poll. This shows a bit something of what customer base really wants. It's also pretty sad for KK that has based her marketing on the "no more elves" moto. Very difficult to change anything, very difficult to enjoy Neptune...

Maui
19-09-05, 17:50
Maui, I find that Jester and Eric are much better at pissing off people.
They have that extra touch of class, which you miss.

atleast it worked

gg

jini
19-09-05, 17:58
atleast it worked

gg
Or, that's what you think :D

sultana
19-09-05, 18:45

Do you know this game has a class called droners....do you know what a droner can do to an APU if he's not careful....that's right FUCK HIM UP, do you still think there'll be tons of APUs? I think not
I do however think there'll be a more variety of classes attending at OP wars instead as it is now (read: monks only)
Couldn't care less how long they lasted.

AltonMoney
19-09-05, 19:22
This is poll is absolutely rediculous. Its an esstential class in the game and promotes teamwork. Its not called the Solo PE-PK server. Besides you can't just take characters away from people that already have them. Are hybrids ok in your mind? anything over a TL 10 heal an exploit? Did you think this through at all?

Mechanicus
19-09-05, 19:41
i think para needs taking down a notch and holy heals need fixing as their known to be bugged, but other than that its ok

Riddle
19-09-05, 20:01
dont believe polls on the forum cause only a percentage that plays also reads the forum (or is able to post on it ..) and from that percentage only a small percentage has read the poll ... from that percentage only a small part voted on the poll itself :)

plus the fact that the people that yell the hardest always get the most votes

this totaly aside from youre or sultana's opinion :)

with other words i dont say youre wrong yust as i dont say sultana is wrong :)

yust dont point to polls as they are always biased hehe, better say: be carefull with looking at polls in general :)

Fair enough Fuck the Poll it means nothing so why Post one? :rolleyes:

With blessed ppus it's still better to bring them to an op war than a pe to buff people.

My point exactly If PPU's go they will be replaced with the next best Healing Class, if blesseds go then its PE's you see what i'm saying? Besides remove PPU's Holy spells and Dam Blessed Hybrids be popping up all over the Place. :eek:

hmmm... let me think a droner? With APU/Blessed PPU butt plug the droner will just be an annoyance nothing more, like droners mostly are annoying in El-Farid, Annoying in Op wars and annoying at MC5 :rolleyes:

Couldn't care less how long they lasted.

Why because you lack the skill to attend OP wars? or you fish around for the odd lone person to Gank whilst he's hacking?
I have had some of the best fights in NC at OP wars without PPU support of some sort it would hardly be worth turning up, the UG would be impassable.

Hell on occassion I zone with 1/4 Health from UG and without a PPU my ass is dead, so would most of you be at some point or another especially with Barrels a plenty and slow synchs.

eprodigy
20-09-05, 00:51
that is YOUR opinion

so its whining...
it's actually not an opinion. they arent balanced and no one argue against that. the people who like ppus just like it unbalanced (IE: ability to beat people better then them). even callash refers to it as the ppu problem

and id guess your just out to annoy people but really it's not working, but you are making me waste time responding to this garbage

Original monk
20-09-05, 09:32
This is poll is absolutely rediculous. Its an esstential class in the game and promotes teamwork. Its not called the Solo PE-PK server. Besides you can't just take characters away from people that already have them. Are hybrids ok in your mind? anything over a TL 10 heal an exploit? Did you think this through at all?

hehe i saw you fighting on crp with youre ppu last night, dont worry kk wont take ppu's away, people ask for that for years now :)

sultana
20-09-05, 11:15
My point exactly If PPU's go they will be replaced with the next best Healing Class, if blesseds go then its PE's you see what i'm saying? Besides remove PPU's Holy spells and Dam Blessed Hybrids be popping up all over the Place. :eek:
Right, like there aren't many blessed hybrids around O_o

hmmm... let me think a droner? With APU/Blessed PPU butt plug the droner will just be an annoyance nothing more, like droners mostly are annoying in El-Farid, Annoying in Op wars and annoying at MC5
Have you ever fought verse Droners at Op wars? Right now if you don't constantly have a holy deflector and heal running, they'll fuck up. Now let's remove one of those spells.

Why because you lack the skill to attend OP wars? or you fish around for the odd lone person to Gank whilst he's hacking?
I have had some of the best fights in NC at OP wars without PPU support of some sort it would hardly be worth turning up, the UG would be impassable.

No because I'm sick of seeing nothing but monks at Op wars constantly.

I've had alot of great fights on my PPU, and whatever other class being supported by a PPU. But I've had a shitload more on my pe, tank or spy when no ppus are around. Hell I had more fun fighting a blessed hybrid on my pe at crp yesterday then I do at most op wars.

I'm also going out on a limb here and saying I've been to a ton more Op wars then you have.