PDA

View Full Version : (Neptune) The big.......Patch!

MrTrip
17-09-05, 10:33
All right, lets cover everything going on in the forums right now shall we? Maybe we can just have this thread get to like, 300 pages, and make some room for some constructive threads.

I'm going to go ahead and answer some of these...

OMG THA PVP SERVAR IZ FEWL OF LED PPL N LIEK IM GONA GO BAK TO TERA CUZ NOBODIE WIL PVP WIT MEEE

All right, I know a lot of you are angry about the LE, but heres the reason behind that.

The PVP server, though it is aimed towards PVP, and has many players there wanting to PVP, cannot simply be PURE PVP.

The reasons for this are

The ex Pandore players still have characters there, and could totally whoop any 0/2's ass that decided to join up, and would probably do so since we totally took their server. Come on....do you really think if America (Terra) moved into say France (Pandore) and told them to get out, change all their rules, and offer them to live in the US (Terra) or any other country (server) say Iraq (Mars) do you really think they would lay down and take it? Fuck no...we would have our little american candy asses whooped.
After you die, you totally lose one item in your QB, and it doesnt have to be hacked.....so to prevent people from sticking in the low 20's of levels, because everytime they buy an item from the store and go out to level, they are killed, we have the LE
And the best reason of all, tradeskillers. Pure and simple people...they don't have capped con and holy shelter and def on all the time, they leave their apartment, they are going to get killed, they advertise for people to come to their apartment, they will probably be camped and killed some more.

All right, now lets move on to another quirk, that has to do with the same subject!

WHY DUN THA TRADESKILZLER STARTOUT WIF LEZ ONLIE?!?!? WTF WHY DOEZ WE ALL GAWT TOOO??!!

Well this answer can go many ways, without knowing the background of the server and configuration, I can assume a few things...

The configuration does not allow only certian classes to have LE's and certian classes not to.
There is no possible way to restrict it to only trade skillers, because anybody can roll a scientist, modify his skills to be combat, and cap him with an LE in.

Also, noted in there, wouldnt they just SELL their LE's?

OK I know...

WHY DUN U MAEK IT SO LIEK PPL KANT POEK IN DA LAWENFORSER?

Because an official KK statement all ready said they won't make heavy modifications like that to the game.

Besides, people shoot up past rank **/35 anyway so quick, that if they take out their LE now, they can't put it in.

Now getting away from the LE, lets move on to another issue...

WTF I DUN LIEK RAREZ LIEK WE DUN NEED DHEM LES JUSS UZE LIEK NORMEL GUNZ

No, because again, KK won't remove all the tech drops, then what will our main source of money be? Selling regular guns? Boooorrring....

Its a PVP server people, you don't PVP on Terra with regular weapons, and Epics dont count as regular either, all you TSU Rifle fans will get yours in a second though.

LIEK, I HAET DA PEZ WIF DA TSU EPIK RIFEL CUZ U BUTT MUNCHZARZ DUN DROP UR GUNNN

One I will agree on, epics NEED to drop. This is nuts people, Tanks can have epic cannons, PE's can have epic rifles, Spys...well...they can have epic rifles too.

What the hell do Monks get? An epic glove? Wow...when on average we carry at least one spell, or god forbid we are hybrid or PPU, then we carry like 7.

Dropping one out of 7 each time? Not fun, lose our primary combat spell? Back to basics.

NOTE: Anybody who is against monks, ppus to be exact, cannot comment on this, because I see it now...

WEL DA MONKZ MUST DIEE ANYWAYEZ CUZ THAY R DA SUX N LIEK GODMOED 1 SIR

Have you ever played a monk? You have? Overpowered? Not really....

I have heard about a clan that will be forming on Neptune who claims they can take down monks without ppus, using PE's, ok sounds spiffy, if a class can be taken out, they are not immortal.

Lets not go back to using Pre-Nerf Neocron 1 hybrids (http://www.neocroncentral.net/josh/1-stormhybriddeath.jpg) now... :rolleyes:

LIEK WE SHULD TOTALIE GIT RID OF MONKZ ON DA PEEVEEPEE SERVAR

NO we shouldnt, and can't, again ReaKKtor will NOT do heavy modifications to the PVP server. It will be far to different from the other servers, my guess is that the resources are shared between servers as much as possible to keep bandwidth useage down, and keep the speed up.

Plus, they are part of history :)

There are MANY more things going on with the PVP server threads right now, and I will make another big post as soon as I get some replys here.

:rolleyes: :o

numb
17-09-05, 11:10
Adding a tradeskill requirement to LE and making it something you can buy in stores will not require a codebase change - it should only be a database change.

Removing High Level PPU Spells from the shops should again just be a database change and not a codebase change.

With regard to dropping epics. You can only do your epic once so therefore it shouldnt drop, if my PE drops his Gaya Glove (this thing is not just for monks) his entire setup will be screwed up. If you have a problem with the way there arent any monk specific weapons in the epics, I suggest you play another class :)

MrTrip
17-09-05, 11:15
Adding a tradeskill requirement to LE and making it something you can buy in stores will not require a codebase change - it should only be a database change.

Answer below...

Removing High Level PPU Spells from the shops should again just be a database change and not a codebase change.

Again, let me state that I am not 100% sure on the setup of the servers, but I am almost positive its SHARED resources, meaning ONE database, ONE ruleset, and Neptune just happens to have a few that are ONLY for it.

I don't think they will SPLIT up the database just for us mmkay?

With regard to dropping epics. You can only do your epic once so therefore it shouldnt drop, if my PE drops his Gaya Glove (this thing is not just for monks) his entire setup will be screwed up. If you have a problem with the way there arent any monk specific weapons in the epics, I suggest you play another class :)

Heres an idea! Lets just change the bastards to tech drop, or make it so you can do them a lot!

Makes you a little bit more carful about having that rifle now doesnt it? KTHX

Oh, how about chainging it BACK to PLAYER kills and not NPC? That will really put a kink in your shit now wouldnt it.

giga191
17-09-05, 11:32
tbh. i had my LE out when i couldn't even shelter, didn't have any armor and the only imp in me was a moveon. Oh and that shop bought sword that I use isn't exactly amazing either. It's still just as bad now

I also agree that tsu PEs are ******** and annoy me and so do all the other epic item whores. Give us a melee epic item and i'll shut up

Hell-demon
17-09-05, 11:47
Agree with giga we need a melee item to stop us (beserkers or Street samurai) getting fucked over. Maybe a laser blade from FA epic seeing as the Fallen Angels created them. You should have a choice of the implant or a laserblade.

Not everyone who joined Fa wants to research stuff :rolleyes:

Also an APU losing his Holy Lightning is going to be a bit miffed while a Tank molests someone with a gatlin gun :eek:

Maybe we should have the safe slot back :D

Original monk
17-09-05, 11:47
Give us a melee epic item and i'll shut up

yeah and a tl 75 full arty xrayhalo for apu's :D (call em experimental-ionhalo make em tl115 and put woc1 on it if you like even) :cool:

Hell-demon
17-09-05, 11:50
Theres going to be huge faction shifts if people are joining for epic weapons. Alot of CM, TT and TS will be present :rolleyes:

Xylaz
17-09-05, 11:56
its all bullshit

if someone cant stand playing without coward's chip (aka LE) then he/she should go back to normal servers. Plain and simple.

Its KK fuckup and they should change it.

RogerRamjet
17-09-05, 11:58
Why dont people moan about epic weapons on normal servers :rolleyes:

People will still drop oter items, just coz they dont drop their weapon everyones getting uptight about it?

Hell-demon
17-09-05, 11:59
maybe if WoC weapons didn't drop as well then maybe that would be fine

retr0n
17-09-05, 12:06
Again, let me state that I am not 100% sure on the setup of the servers, but I am almost positive its SHARED resources, meaning ONE database, ONE ruleset, and Neptune just happens to have a few that are ONLY for it.

I don't think they will SPLIT up the database just for us mmkay?

If they are really serious about the PvP server they will. They dont have to change alot,
but the non-code based stuff would be nice. If people dont have an easier
time getting their stuff, all you will see is TSU PE's, Speedgat Tanks, and
APU/PPU combos.

Also, lets say you want to modify the strenght of the holy heal, but that
variable is hardcoded and cannot be changed for each server, all they would
have to do is to save it in a file, and have different files for neptune and rest.

The PvP server needs to be customized further to actually be some kind of
PvP server, not just terra with faster leveling and a few safezones removed.

Yelly
17-09-05, 12:12
I think I saw in another thread that you Xylaz do not even play.
In that case you should shut it and let ppl who play the game
talk about it and say their opinion.As for the LE, yes alot of ppl
have them in but every day I see more and more that have taken
them out.As for epics, indeed monks should get an epic too.
As should the melee ppl.But I guess if monks get something they
only say overpowered once again.It is always the same.
And that fact will never change.

Hell-demon
17-09-05, 12:19
Or just give people the safe slot back so its fair :rolleyes:

Xylaz
17-09-05, 12:26
I think I saw in another thread that you Xylaz do not even play.
In that case you should shut it and let ppl who play the game
talk about it and say their opinion.As for the LE, yes alot of ppl
have them in but every day I see more and more that have taken
them out.As for epics, indeed monks should get an epic too.
As should the melee ppl.But I guess if monks get something they
only say overpowered once again.It is always the same.
And that fact will never change.

Well i'm stating my opinion just as others do. I dont play because of LE - i will play when LE is removed.

Tratos
17-09-05, 12:41
Also, lets say you want to modify the strenght of the holy heal, but that
variable is hardcoded and cannot be changed for each server, all they would
have to do is to save it in a file, and have different files for neptune and rest.

Thats something KK are not prepared to do, its been stated that they dont have the bandwidth to cover two codebases which is pretty much what you are suggesting

sultana
17-09-05, 13:08
Have you ever played a monk? You have? Overpowered? Not really....
Played a monk, and PPUs/Blessed Hybrids are overpowered. PPUs mainly because they give such a massive defense boost to classes who shouldn't have them.

About the Tsunami Rifle Pe's. Give me a hightech non-rare weapon that does as much damage as a Tsunami Rifle and I'll use that. Increase the rare drop, like KK said they would, so I can get a Pain Easer and I'll use that. Until then, I'm using the only rifle that is viable for me to use, which happens to be the Tsunami Rifle :rolleyes:

retr0n
17-09-05, 13:13
Thats something KK are not prepared to do, its been stated that they dont have the bandwidth to cover two codebases which is pretty much what you are suggesting

Actually i thought i was suggesting hte other way around, instead of having 2
different source codes, you have one, but you get the information you need
from a different resource. For example, the strenght of holy heal, or the damage
of a tsu rifle, and whatnot.

Once they make the code to grab the variables from a file, and make it not hardcoded,
they dont have to do any extra code for neptune, all they need to do is adjust
the file where the information is stored, and let the appropriate file load on login.

I dont know, maybe that would be to hard to make, but i still think that the
PvP server needs to be something else besides no safezones, no safeslot and
no hacking belts.

giga191
17-09-05, 16:36
Why dont people moan about epic weapons on normal servers :rolleyes:

People will still drop oter items, just coz they dont drop their weapon everyones getting uptight about it? I would rather have a 5 slot CS than a heal or something stupid

Netphreak
17-09-05, 16:54
Ok...

We don't need a PvP server, we never needed one before.
Uranus was a good example of how great PvP action and a many RP'ing got along and gave it a good community.

We do need a new graphics engine, would be difficult to implement but would cure alot of issues when it was done.

eprodigy
17-09-05, 17:43
well whatever MrTrip says must be true!! Monks are in NO WAY overpowered, thank you for settling this!

a server without ppus and without rares would be so much more fun.. sorry you need a ppu and holy para to win i know but mabye you'd have to get some ability. thats what this server should be about; real pvp. fighting with ppu != pvp.

was this post supposed to be factual answers to the questions? seemed like mostly a load of crap to me. only thing i agree with is TS rifle should be nerfed(preferably not with a sledghammer) anyway and made bpable.

paolo escobar
17-09-05, 18:01
[list=1]
The ex Pandore players still have characters there, and could totally whoop any 0/2's ass that decided to join up, and would probably do so since we totally took their server. Come on....do you really think if America (Terra) moved into say France (Pandore) and told them to get out, change all their rules, and offer them to live in the US (Terra) or any other country (server) say Iraq (Mars) do you really think they would lay down and take it? Fuck no...we would have our little american candy asses whooped.

I agree with the things u say but i'd like to point out that terra isnt america as you said. Its england! :)

Hell-demon
17-09-05, 18:04
Its international :rolleyes:

Asurmen Spec Op
17-09-05, 18:40
how the fuck is mars iraq?

MrTrip
17-09-05, 20:59
its all bullshit

if someone cant stand playing without coward's chip (aka LE) then he/she should go back to normal servers. Plain and simple.

Its KK fuckup and they should change it.

I told you that there would be responses like this, where did KK fuck up? Allowing all to have a decient leveling experience until they decide to pull ther LE's? Its not KK's fuck up that you can't kill newbs, its your own.

well whatever MrTrip says must be true!! Monks are in NO WAY overpowered, thank you for settling this!

Did I say in NO way? I said no they arent, not that OMFG LIEK DA MONKZ R LIEK DA WEEK N YEH. No, they have their strong points just like tanks do. Why don't we ever focus on tanks? Do you know that if monks were removed, tanks would be the next overpowered class? Then after Tanks are removed, it will be PE's, and when PE's are removed, OGM TEH SPY IZ LIEK DUM I QWIT DISS GAEMMMM

a server without ppus and without rares would be so much more fun.. sorry you need a ppu and holy para to win i know but mabye you'd have to get some ability. thats what this server should be about; real pvp. fighting with ppu != pvp.

Have you ever had a fight with me? Have you ever seen me pvp? Sure I needed a ppu once, but since then I have been working on my tanks con to make him a tad bit better. Not everybody has an awesome con setup, and 5 slot weapons now mmkay?

was this post supposed to be factual answers to the questions? seemed like mostly a load of crap to me. only thing i agree with is TS rifle should be nerfed(preferably not with a sledghammer) anyway and made bpable.

It was my answers to the latest crap going on here, and I think the TSU rifle should be nerfed, slightly, or epic weapons removed from Neptune to balance PVP, because right now PE's Spys and Tanks have a huge advantage over Monks, and don't even say they don't.

I agree with the things u say but i'd like to point out that terra isnt america as you said. Its england! :)

:lol: <3 Teh English ppl

Its international :rolleyes:

I was just using an example that people could relate to sir.

how the fuck is mars iraq?

Again just an example, and the only other server I could think of. :lol:

RogerRamjet
17-09-05, 21:07
I would rather have a 5 slot CS than a heal or something stupid

EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

If they are using a CS, they will drop a CS. What i was on about was the call for epics to be droppable.

(Can we stop "TORKIN ORL LIEK THIZ PLZZ" too :D)

MrTrip
17-09-05, 21:19
EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

If they are using a CS, they will drop a CS. What i was on about was the call for epics to be droppable.

(Can we stop "TORKIN ORL LIEK THIZ PLZZ" too :D)

I'm just giving an example of how stupid the community is sometimes.

Also yes, we need to make epics drop, epic weapons to be exact, and be able to do the epics over again.

eprodigy
17-09-05, 21:27
Do you know that if monks were removed, tanks would be the next overpowered class? Then after Tanks are removed, it will be PE's, and when PE's are removed, OGM TEH SPY IZ LIEK DUM I QWIT DISS GAEMMMM
no classes are quite balanced not counting ppus and hybrids.

Have you ever had a fight with me? Have you ever seen me pvp? Sure I needed a ppu once, but since then I have been working on my tanks con to make him a tad bit better. Not everybody has an awesome con setup, and 5 slot weapons now mmkay?part of the game is improving your con setup (and since con setups are all cookie cutter if you have a shitty one its your fault). 5 slot weapons dont matter. no i havent fought you and i doubt i will. i dont fight zergs or ppu whores.

have a huge advantage over Monks, and don't even say they don't. they dont.

only as far as not dropping anything really valuable. but all the monks whoring ppus wont die often enough to matter.

i see you as someone who didn't like monks until you realized they could make you not suck; so now you 'support' them.

numb
17-09-05, 21:32
Mr. Trip with regard to the databases I'm pretty certain each server has it's own database, this is why you'd see saturn getting data corruption and being rolled back but no others. I think this is also why item transfer is such a difficulty. So database changes should be something on a per server basis.

MrTrip
17-09-05, 21:55
no classes are quite balanced not counting ppus and hybrids.
part of the game is improving your con setup (and since con setups are all cookie cutter if you have a shitty one its your fault). 5 slot weapons dont matter. no i havent fought you and i doubt i will. i dont fight zergs or ppu whores.
they dont.

Name calling now? Jeeze... And yes, slots matter, to have artifact stats on the weapon, to cap it earlier.

only as far as not dropping anything really valuable. but all the monks whoring ppus wont die often enough to matter.

Sure they will, remember Bugs Gunny? Hes going to gank all APU and PPU teams with his PE.

i see you as someone who didn't like monks until you realized they could make you not suck; so now you 'support' them.

I have played monks since I started this game, I love them. I see them as the most awesome class in the game. I have a tank also, who I played for a good time after my monk. I have played a PE and Spy also, but never found interest in them.

Mr. Trip with regard to the databases I'm pretty certain each server has it's own database, this is why you'd see saturn getting data corruption and being rolled back but no others. I think this is also why item transfer is such a difficulty. So database changes should be something on a per server basis.

They have their own CHARACTER DATABASE, but as for set items, and such, its probably shared..

The way we setup an L2 server is that we had all static resources shared, and dynamic per server, and it actually reduced bandwidth use and such across servers.

eprodigy
17-09-05, 22:30
Name calling now? Jeeze...
im not name calling just saying the vast majority of monk supporters ARE the people who whore them.

all i want is a server where pvp is actually 'hardcore' like they said neptune was supposed to be. fighting with a ppu isnt hardcore... a server where we dont have to run away from 9/10 fights because they have 12 ppus with them.

right now terra is more hardcore. all the ppus and ppu whores are still leveling there monks on neptune.

MrTrip
17-09-05, 22:50
im not name calling just saying the vast majority of monk supporters ARE the people who whore them.

I don't whore them, kthx.

all i want is a server where pvp is actually 'hardcore' like they said neptune was supposed to be. fighting with a ppu isnt hardcore... a server where we dont have to run away from 9/10 fights because they have 12 ppus with them.

I can agree on a few things, but what people are suggesting will not make it "hardcore". If you want "hardcore" go play Counter-Strike.

right now terra is more hardcore. all the ppus and ppu whores are still leveling there monks on neptune.

Terra has a low population, but with capped characters running around, with lots of resources, of course Terra is more hardcore, they have most of the resources, Neptune just has the players.

eprodigy
17-09-05, 23:43
PPUs throw off all balance. that's a fact. KK has admitted it (and i quote 'ppu problem') and claim to be working on ideas to fix it. everyone KNOWS it. peoples best (often only) way of killing them involves exploiting a bug. its simply a matter of if that unbalancement helps you or hurts that decides if you 'support' them. people that say that fine are just in denial because they want to believe they've been winning fairly all this time. news flash; no.

the fact you can't get 5 slot weapons isnt a defense for ppus. the fact you dont have a good setup isnt a defense for ppus. the fact they drop 'valuable' loot isnt a defense for ppus.

wanting a single class to not me 1000x more important then any other is not making the game counter strike.

Zeninja
18-09-05, 00:18
Damn you're so right.

Another fact, is that ex Pandora players are for the most pedophilists IRL, that's why they love sexing a noob they just killed (0/2 looks like a child so much to their sick eyes). Now please... you can't be serious.

Such fantasmatic (not to say abject) comparisons like the one you make here on "how people may think or act", just to sustain game-related opinions, sounds like KKK propanganda pamphlet written down by a 12 years old retard. Which u ain't, right ?

To be perfectly honest, you remind me there of that Day of Defeat player, who told me I shall be using a aimbot since my grandfather lost a war 60 years ago. But, to stay in the LE subject, I agree with the fact capped players would probably kill any 0/2 runner they see, especially when they know this could be one of those taking them for such narrow-minded persons. I know this wasn't meant to hurt anyone, not to be taken too seriously, but you should really turn CNN off now and stop talking here about things that are beyond us (not to mention political discussions aren't allowed here), then maybe you'd better go for a comical carrier.

MrTrip
18-09-05, 00:30
Another fact, is that ex Pandora players are for the most pedophilists IRL, that's why they love sexing a noob they just killed (0/2 looks like a child so much to their sick eyes). Now please... you can't be serious.

Wow...really? Thanks! I never knew this.

Such fantasmatic (not to say abject) comparisons like the one you make here on "how people may think or act", just to sustain game-related opinions, sounds like KKK propanganda pamphlet written down by a 12 years old retard. Which u ain't, right ?

Yes, I wrote the pamphlet on the KKK, also the ************ movement in WW2, would you like copies?

To be perfectly honest, you remind me there of that Day of Defeat player, who told me I shall be using a aimbot since my grandfather lost a war 60 years ago. But, to stay in the LE subject, I agree with the fact capped players would probably kill any 0/2 runner they see, especially when they know this could be one of those taking them for such narrow-minded persons. I know this wasn't meant to hurt anyone, not to be taken too seriously, but you should really turn CNN off now and stop talking here about things that are beyond us (not to mention political discussions aren't allowed here), then maybe you'd better go for a comical carrier.

The only person who is making this political here is you. I was trying to show you a real life example, don't you dare get this thread closed for trying to make it look political, because it is not. BTW, I don't watch CNN, I enjoy MSNBC :D

If I came into your house, said we were changing everything, and that you can either stay here with your current crap, or move to another house, wouldnt you be pised? Wouldnt you want to beat the ass of anybody who came in the door? Tell me you wouldnt and that you would peacefully move out.

Damn you're so right.

I know :)

Zeninja
18-09-05, 00:45
If I came into your house, said we were changing everything, and that you can either stay here with your current crap, or move to another house, wouldnt you be pised? Wouldnt you want to beat the ass of anybody who came in the door? Tell me you wouldnt and that you would peacefully move out.
You may try to compare Tour Eiffel to the size of your penis for ages, things would still remain the same : your penis isn't a monument, Neptune is not a house, and you never know anything about people thoughts.

MrTrip
18-09-05, 00:48
You may try to compare Tour Eiffel to the size of your penis for ages, things would still remain the same : your penis isn't a monument, Neptune is not a house, and you never know anything about people thoughts.

You still fail to see what I am talking about, so why even bother replying? Go play Ragnarok.

I have seen 4 more threads about PPU monks.....why in the hell do people keep making threads about them when KK says a fix is on the way? Jeeze...drop it people.

giga191
18-09-05, 01:05
Another problem with neptune is that people just carry around so much crap in their inventory just so they don't drop something important

eprodigy
18-09-05, 01:20
Jeeze...drop it people.
yeah it just makes the game not fun, fuck off!

MrTrip
18-09-05, 01:30
yeah it just makes the game not fun, fuck off!

Know what makes the game not fun? Not enough people actually playing...

The population of Neptune is HUGE...but it still feels so small... :(

Asurmen Spec Op
18-09-05, 01:33
Ah sarcasm, the perfect way to countering a real argument <.<

close tbh

MrTrip
18-09-05, 01:55
Ah sarcasm, the perfect way to countering a real argument <.<

close tbh

No sarcasm there sir. I am stating, not enough people are really active on Neptune, I was being very serious.

sultana
18-09-05, 05:13
I'm just giving an example of how stupid the community is sometimes.
Wow, coming from you... Damn, that's just killing my head.

Do you know that if monks were removed, tanks would be the next overpowered class? Then after Tanks are removed, it will be PE's, and when PE's are removed, OGM TEH SPY IZ LIEK DUM I QWIT DISS GAEMMMM

Not everybody has an awesome con setup, and 5 slot weapons now mmkay?
http://neocron.jafc.de/forumdisplay.php?f=114

It was my answers to the latest crap going on here, and I think the TSU rifle should be nerfed, slightly, or epic weapons removed from Neptune to balance PVP, because right now PE's Spys and Tanks have a huge advantage over Monks, and don't even say they don't
Because by removing the only viable non-rare rifle will balance the game O_o

Sure they will, remember Bugs Gunny? Hes going to gank all APU and PPU teams with his PE.
It's doable, however let's have a matchup here.

apu/ppu vs. pe/pe

I wonder who has the advantage? :wtf:

QuakCow
18-09-05, 08:42
i think it would be better written as apu/ppu vs pe/pe/pe/pe :)

aaanyways, it would be cool if they bumped up non rare dmgs on neptune (if thats even possible) and made storebought weapons normal quality (across all servers)

just my bit of input :D

sultana
18-09-05, 10:21
i think it would be better written as apu/ppu vs pe/pe/pe/pe :)
Well in that case the pes would probably have the advantage, though the ppu would still live in the end if (s)he was smart.

numb
18-09-05, 11:30
Another problem with neptune is that people just carry around so much crap in their inventory just so they don't drop something important

I dont think the rules are clear on this, but I assume they are as they were in NC1 and you drop 1 out of your 10 most valuable items (I think this is based on the price they go for at yos).

sultana
18-09-05, 12:03
I dont think the rules are clear on this, but I assume they are as they were in NC1 and you drop 1 out of your 10 most valuable items (I think this is based on the price they go for at yos).
I thought it was based on tl, eh.

suler
18-09-05, 12:10
Cleverly disguised pro-monk propaganda.

giga191
18-09-05, 14:46
People keep dropping crap like beer or random junk. They just have like 100 crappy items like beer and it's really annoying. And so are epic item users...

Serious_Sam
18-09-05, 16:50
Ok, this is what i got so far...

"Boohoohoo! The game isn't perfect and to my EXACT liking, i'm gonna go beat up my teddy until KK does EVERYTHING i want them to do because i'm daddy's little girl and i ALWAYS get what i want!!!"

Chill the fuck out.

RogerRamjet
18-09-05, 18:03

"Boohoohoo! The game isn't perfect and to my EXACT liking, i'm gonna go beat up my teddy until KK does EVERYTHING i want them to do because i'm daddy's little girl and i ALWAYS get what i want!!!"

Chill the fuck out.

Word.

numb
19-09-05, 10:31
People keep dropping crap like beer or random junk. They just have like 100 crappy items like beer and it's really annoying. And so are epic item users...

So it sounds like that the loot you drop is completely random. KK, please change this to how it was a while ago so at least people are dropping armour etc!

Toxen
19-09-05, 10:44
I've been out of game a few days but these are all issues I was expecting to hit, I don't really have time to read through every page of this post so I'll skip right to the first post.

Your statements about the LE are pritty true, they're there cus of Tradeskillers and people leveling up. As you said a number of ways around this, simply the best way around this would be to have a newbie period for which the LE is active, then it becomes deactivated no matter who you are.... what about tradeskillers I hear you cry.

Well simply they shouldn't be on neptune, with the exception of pokers and repairs, tradeskillers are roleplay characters, no matter if they role play or not they do not belong on a PVP server which should have no role play aspects.
This mistaken identiy of neptune continues, why are there still FSM's FD's smugglers with no access. These are all roleplay aspects of the game and yet again do not belong on a PVP server, ideally all the traders should be located in a central easy to acccess place ie TH, and those traders should include all rares (with removing the rare drops) and all mission items, as well as FSM and FD.

The fact is that Neptune is simply a loose copy of terra with a couple of tweaks to speed up the game. Its not actually a pvp server. It just has Faster SL regen, Faster XP gain and No Safezones and Better Slottage, think about it, its really only adjusting four sets of values in the database, a weekend job at the most. I think neptune after it settled in and been tweaked will be the template for mars,mercury and terra.

numb
19-09-05, 10:50
Besides from the fact there will be no events on Neptune, I see no reason why it's not acceptable to roleplay on a PvP server. It seems like with the PvP server (no safe zones & item drop) we have been given more flexibility in role play. If there was no LE (even for traders), even more RP could be accomplished, with traders hiring bodyguards to protect them etc

Toxen
19-09-05, 10:53
*antibuffs numb and leaves him to a Grim Persecutor*

Numb your both correct and incorrect at the same time, yes to no LE, and good idea about the body guards. BUT ROLE PLAY DOES NOT BELONG ON A PVP SERVER HENCE THE NAME PVP. And for all of you that suddenly go but all servers are PVP, you weren't saying that a few months back, and PVP is an aspect of the other servers not the major factor. PVP server is dedicated to PVP not roleplay.

Maui
19-09-05, 10:55

Chill the fuck out.

word idd.

Judge
19-09-05, 19:29
I'm sorry, I would have read your idea, or whatever but those retarded quotes put me off straight away. Especially as quite a few of those ideas you were mocking had been put forward by the likes of FN, who most certainly does not talk like that. If you're going to put forward some ideas do it without attempting to make all your adversaries sound like retarded script kiddies and yourself the only existing font of all truth and knowledge.

giga191
19-09-05, 21:02

Chill the fuck out. you must be new

QuakCow
19-09-05, 21:32
Chill the fuck out.

this i agree with

Asurmen Spec Op
20-09-05, 00:11
*antibuffs numb and leaves him to a Grim Persecutor*

Numb your both correct and incorrect at the same time, yes to no LE, and good idea about the body guards. BUT ROLE PLAY DOES NOT BELONG ON A PVP SERVER HENCE THE NAME PVP. And for all of you that suddenly go but all servers are PVP, you weren't saying that a few months back, and PVP is an aspect of the other servers not the major factor. PVP server is dedicated to PVP not roleplay.
Why are PVP and RP exclusive? NC is a a shit world, if you RP your charecter you still get in fights and all.....

RP doesnt mean fairy, and this is a MMORPG not FPS <3

MrTrip
20-09-05, 04:16
I'm sorry, I would have read your idea, or whatever but those retarded quotes put me off straight away. Especially as quite a few of those ideas you were mocking had been put forward by the likes of FN, who most certainly does not talk like that. If you're going to put forward some ideas do it without attempting to make all your adversaries sound like retarded script kiddies and yourself the only existing font of all truth and knowledge.

My apologies, but if it was ONLY FN that put those ideas out there, I would surely not make fun of him for that, because he is the ONLY one I have EVER seen make a very intelligent post on these forums, noting the LONG post he made after Plan File #4, wich I give him props for forever.

Asurmen Spec Op
20-09-05, 04:23
My apologies, but if it was ONLY FN that put those ideas out there, I would surely not make fun of him for that, because he is the ONLY one I have EVER seen make a very intelligent post on these forums, noting the LONG post he made after Plan File #4, wich I give him props for forever.
What about Dribble Joys big fix idea, that was kick ass

MrTrip
20-09-05, 04:24
I didn't like it, I'm not making fun of him, I just didn't like it, I can quote (A real quote :P) and reply to each of his ideas here if you wish to know why.

suler
20-09-05, 05:04
If you don't like something then their post can't possible be very intelligent right?

MrTrip
20-09-05, 05:06
If you don't like something that makes their post not very intelligent, that makes sense.

Negative, you totally missed that one, its not that I don't like it, did I say I didn't think Dribble Joys posts were intelligent? No.

I hate the posts that go

REMOVE ALL MONKS I HATE MONKS IVE NEVER PLAYED A MONK BUT REMOVE THEM AND PARA AND REMOVE HEALS AND ALL MONK SPELLS FROM THE GAME ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhh

I can see working on them, but removing them? No.

suler
20-09-05, 05:08
Fine, but saying every other post besides FNs you agree with aren't very intelligent seemed kind of messed up.

MrTrip
20-09-05, 05:17
Fine, but saying every other post besides FNs you agree with aren't very intelligent seemed kind of messed up.

I didn't say they were not all intelligent. I said the majority of them are, re-read my post about 6 times.

suler
20-09-05, 05:25

ONLY and EVER being key words you already made caps so that helps. If somehow only to you means "you and some other people but the majority are not intelligent" then I have been told.

MrTrip
20-09-05, 07:21
Sorry let me add something to that ok?

The rest are SEMI INTELLIGENT BUT NOT COMPLETELY STUPID LIKE THE REST THAT ARENT SEMI INTELLIGENT

Happy? :angel:

suler
20-09-05, 08:06
Yes, actually.

Edit: uh back on topic, I agree with the LE part of your post. I don't really mind LEs only when people use them to be annoying.

MrTrip
20-09-05, 08:43
Yes, actually.

Edit: uh back on topic, I agree with the LE part of your post. I don't really mind LEs only when people use them to be annoying.

True, once they cap, pulling it out would be very nice, since it is a PVP server after all.

But leaving it in FOREVER is another thing, and then trash talking everybody while its in, negative.

sultana
20-09-05, 11:28
I hate the posts that go

REMOVE ALL MONKS I HATE MONKS IVE NEVER PLAYED A MONK BUT REMOVE THEM AND PARA AND REMOVE HEALS AND ALL MONK SPELLS FROM THE GAME ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhh

I can see working on them, but removing them? No.
It almost souds like you.

But instead your all for hating on tsunami rifles.

MrTrip
20-09-05, 20:17
It almost souds like you.

But instead your all for hating on tsunami rifles.

I'm all for hating on PE's who wont drop anything valuable in PVP because their main weapon is the TSU rifle, wich should recieve the nerf SLEDGE HAMMER on Neptune, or be allowed to drop, and have the epic done over again.

eprodigy
21-09-05, 01:23
boost all non rare rifles, nerf tsunamic rifle slightly and make it droppable somehow (bpable, or can redo epic). but the excuse that it's the only viable lowtech rifle (while true) is only valid for a small few. most using it wouldnt even use a rifle at all if it werent for the fact that one doesnt drop.

i dont want things tilted in favor of any class including my own. i want balance. no more PE stealth, fix the TS rifle, fix ppus. mabye fix/remove TL10 heal too i havent tested it personally

MrTrip
21-09-05, 02:32
boost all non rare rifles, nerf tsunamic rifle slightly and make it droppable somehow (bpable, or can redo epic). but the excuse that it's the only viable lowtech rifle (while true) is only valid for a small few. most using it wouldnt even use a rifle at all if it werent for the fact that one doesnt drop.

i dont want things tilted in favor of any class including my own. i want balance. no more PE stealth, fix the TS rifle, fix ppus. mabye fix/remove TL10 heal too i havent tested it personally

I never saw the difference in a TL10 heal to a TL3, except it has shitty stats, I got a 3 slot "Normal" one and was extremely pissed.

I didn't even CAP it. :(

Some people say its just AWESOME, I think its cruddy.

As for balance, I am all in favor of balance, but how do you perpose we fix ppus without destroying the class? I have never seen one good PPU fixing thread that didnt completely destroy something about them.

eprodigy
21-09-05, 03:14
i dont think a perfect solution has been devised yet; but i think there are several that have been posted that would be worth testing (i dont think theres any way to judge except from a real test) and adjusting from there.

i certainly dont want to destroy the class (a healer class is an important aspect of any mmorp), i want to balance it. it's a hard thing to do, because perfect balance would mean should mean they are the same as having another fighter (OPWAR: do i wish to log my ppu or my pe/spy/tank(/apu)? and one is not necessarily more valuable then another, just in different ways)

MrTrip
21-09-05, 03:34
A public test server with people who ACTUALLY test like NC1 would rock.

I was a test serveraholic, because I loved finding bugs, and just getting a feel for the whole game.

I had one of each class, and always reported any bugs I saw, and had lots and lots of fun there too.

I think one needs to be brought back to the public. :( I saw the forum for it faded away...that makes meh a sad panda...

Original monk
21-09-05, 09:25
i found the loss of the gfxforum a pitty also ... good its closed tough as it got abused by unclean individuals

and i would like to see the testserver return also, but for a small incrowd of people chosen here on the forum a.k.a the people that really report bugs instead of testing there own setups or using the info they gather on the testserver for own personal gain ... also info on oncomming patches got abused greatly for own personal gain by some :(

with other words: testserver for the real bugfighters

MrTrip
21-09-05, 10:31
Back on topic....I have not been on Neptune since I created this thread, lets see how many people have pulled their LE to go play with the other kids (I assume 80% of the server is capped anyway)

Sync Sync Sync Sync Sync Sync Sync Sync Sync Sync Sync Sync Sync Sync Sync Sync Fatal! - Fuck it I'll try another day.