PDA

View Full Version : Deflector Belts

Zeninja
15-09-05, 21:21
Hi,

Is there a problem with deflector belts ? Does anyone here who's done several tests perfectly knows how it's working ?

I've noticed ages ago, that you keep deflector effect (or, at least, its animation) when removing belt from your armour until you synch to another zone. I got many amazing results from several tests, like : using a blessed defl or not wouldnt change anything on dmg taken from lowtech weapons. Is this normal ?

According to my skill manager, a char with capped frc/prc using deflector belt + deflector should resist like hell, but I'm not convinced yet. Can I have "official" answer or link please ?

Tostino
15-09-05, 21:34
Hi,

Is there a problem with deflector belts ? Does anyone here who's done several tests perfectly knows how it's working ?

I've noticed ages ago, that you keep deflector effect (or, at least, its animation) when removing belt from your armour until you synch to another zone. I got many amazing results from several tests, like : using a blessed defl or not wouldnt change anything on dmg taken from lowtech weapons. Is this normal ?

According to my skill manager, a char with capped frc/prc using deflector belt + deflector should resist like hell, but I'm not convinced yet. Can I have "official" answer or link please ?
Im very sure that a deflector belt and a deflector spell DON'T stack. And if you take the belt off and it still shows it flashing then it's not really working. It would be nice if KK made it so they did stack so it would be some what usefull atleast.

Torq
15-09-05, 22:19
sometime ago, there was an apu vs. LT PE using that belt in 1 on 1... there was no difference at all and there should be a notable difference especially with monks, I think the belt doesn't work at all.

LiL T
15-09-05, 23:01
The belt works but I think it don't stack with deflector since that would be overpowered

Glok
16-09-05, 01:14
Only a pure APU has any business using a deflector belt anyway, and that's iffy unless the apu is also using a ppr...

Zeninja
16-09-05, 21:21
The belt works but I think it don't stack with deflector since that would be overpowered
I don't think any spy can afford such a energy resist loss wearing that belt (compared to medium/heavy energy belts), same thing for ppus that need poison/fire/shelter belts. Don't forget tanks that only have access to medium energy field belt.

So, wearing a deflector belt to stack with a deflector spell is only concerning PEs (and apu based hybrids maybe). Considering most PEs are using fire/energy belt atm, I say only lowtech and hc PEs would be allowed to take benefits of this. One pe with ppu-like frc/prc resists would'nt be that overpowered (he has no access to holy heal afaik), since every PE is still weak to xray/fire/energy/poison : he would only give people another good reason to use hightech weapons instead of lowtech, like a DG instead of a POB, and a Raygun instead of a Tsu Rifle (read Terayon thread about non rare rifles). Maybe TL3 defl + medium defl belt should be equal to blessed defl, heavy defl belt + blessed deflector equal to holy deflector, etc.

I need to make new tests, but atm I think wearing a heavy deflector belts you get the same resist as a PE with blessed defl. That's what my neoskiller says.

One important thing : when u wearing a defl belt + deflector spell, you can notice two deflector animations (gray stripes are closer to each other, more numerous), which gives evidence of two deflectors presence.

What about their real effect now ? Were our tests wrong ? Is it going to be fixed or is it already working like KK wants (I insist) ?

LiL T
16-09-05, 21:46
I don't think any spy can afford such a energy resist loss wearing that belt (compared to medium/heavy energy belts), same thing for ppus that need poison/fire/shelter belts. Don't forget tanks that only have access to medium energy field belt.

So, wearing a deflector belt to stack with a deflector spell is only concerning PEs (and apu based hybrids maybe). Considering most PEs are using fire/energy belt atm, I say only lowtech and hc PEs would be allowed to take benefits of this. One pe with ppu-like frc/prc resists would'nt be that overpowered (he has no access to holy heal afaik), since every PE is still weak to xray/fire/energy/poison : he would only give people another good reason to use hightech weapons instead of lowtech, like a DG instead of a POB, and a Raygun instead of a Tsu Rifle (read Terayon thread about non rare rifles). Maybe TL3 defl + medium defl belt should be equal to blessed defl, heavy defl belt + blessed deflector equal to holy deflector, etc.

I need to make new tests, but atm I think wearing a heavy deflector belts you get the same resist as a PE with blessed defl. That's what my neoskiller says.

One important thing : when u wearing a defl belt + deflector spell, you can notice two deflector animations (gray stripes are closer to each other, more numerous), which gives evidence of two deflectors presence.

What about their real effect now ? Were our tests wrong ? Is it going to be fixed or is it already working like KK wants (I insist) ?

If your saying it should stack then sorry no because a PE can cap force easly so its an extra what ? 30% reduction in the allready low damage from lowtech weapons, I don't know the numbers its just a guess but I tell you what a apu hybrid with that on will wtfpwn anyone useing force weapons. It would cause overpowered resist against the PE's main weapon so no thanks...

Maybe it allready stacks we just did not test it ?

Zeninja
16-09-05, 22:01
but I tell you what a apu hybrid with that on will wtfpwn anyone useing force weapons.
A monk wouldn't ever reach 200 force resist (unless using drugs), + not wearing holy spirit or pure resist belt = big hole somewhere else in your resists = balanced. Imho.

Maybe it allready stacks we just did not test it ?
Maybe. Or else those belts are only for stealthing spies (depending on the opponent he has to face) and pure apus... but I'm a LiL Tired tonight, plus I need someone to help me during tests.

Here is what Neoskiller tells me (I use foreign spell to simulate PE's 300ish percentage on his blessed defl ; capped blessed defl is only for monks, that cannot reach 200 force anyway) :

Force 200 = 76%
Force 200 + Deflector = 81% (tanks)
Force 200 + foreign Blessed Defl = 83,2% (Pes)
Force 200 + Blessed Defl = 86,8%

Force 200 + medium defl belt = 83,2%
Force 200 + medium defl belt + Deflector = 88,2%
Force 200 + medium defl belt + foreign Blessed Defl = 90,4% (Uber Pes)
Force 200 + medium defl belt + Blessed Defl = 94%

As you see, wearing a defl belt or using a PE blessed defl should give you the same resist.

Netphreak
16-09-05, 22:41
A PE basically caps force as it is anyways.

114 resist in CON (natural cap)
then armor and PA and force from Energy Belt.

retr0n
16-09-05, 22:49
Force 200 = 76%

As you see, wearing a defl belt or using a PE blessed defl should give you the same resist.

I was under the impression that you couldnt go past 76% no matter how you
twist and turn it.

ZoVoS
16-09-05, 22:50
buffs take u considerably over 76 (and a deflector belt works as a buff)

retr0n
16-09-05, 22:54
buffs take u considerably over 76 (and a deflector belt works as a buff)

Ahh i seee... thought it would count as armor.

About deflector belts. I remember way back in nc1 when every PE had a def
belt cause everybody thought it was da shit to wear, but I also recal people
doing tests and claiming it did not stack with a def buff.

Would be cool to see some new tests and see if things have changed.

Sgt. Pepper
17-09-05, 01:38
Force 200 = 76%

afaik As you see, wearing a defl belt or using a PE blessed defl should give you the same resist.

Thats not right ... this is how it should be, but it isn't.

Defelctorbelts don't stack with Defelctorbuffs ... they work like a buff, but are not shown as one.

If you wear a def belt and cast your defector you take the same ammount of damage as if you havn't the buff running.

defelctorbelt "replaces" all other def effects

i tested this a lot .. using all types of defbelts and defbuffs, foreign- or selfcasted, there is no difference between "def-belt only" and "def-belt + def"

jini
17-09-05, 06:47
Ahh i seee... thought it would count as armor.

About deflector belts. I remember way back in nc1 when every PE had a def
belt cause everybody thought it was da shit to wear, but I also recal people
doing tests and claiming it did not stack with a def buff.

Would be cool to see some new tests and see if things have changed.
I have tested that as well. They dont stack. Its better to use a def spell than this one. This belt as said is better suited for monks. Alone the belt works. together with a def it doesnt stack. I forgot to test which one overrides which tho, the belt or the spell? or the better one overrides the other?

RogerRamjet
17-09-05, 12:06
The belt works sweet. Never go WB hunting without, since mad copbots and spiderbots have a knack of swarming towards you :D

LiL T
17-09-05, 15:22
Monks don't need to reach 200 force resist 119 will do just fine the difference I beleave is so small.

What is it ?

119 = 73% or something
200 = 76 % ?

not much change there then lol

so taken from neocron.ems.ru

119 resist total with armour absorbs 73% then blessed deflector will absorb up to 70% of the remaining damage, then the belt would absorb 30% from whats left. I think that would be lowtechers worst nightmare, so I think its around 30 damage to a self buffed monk with explosive modded earp. Could be more could be less but its similar to what a PE would get also, so 30 - 30% = 21 damage he/she will take and damage reducing as they get less and less hitpoints. TL 10 heal will outheal that pretty much =/ but I could be just overacting maybe it already stacks but I think some one should test it

Sgt. Pepper
17-09-05, 23:56
I forgot to test which one overrides which tho, the belt or the spell? or the better one overrides the other?

It's the belt that overrides the buff .. i said before

whifix
18-09-05, 03:38
Armor has always been weird. Just by switching in and out armor it doesn't guarantee an immediate effect. To get the full effect of armor you have to place it on, log on log off to make sure it did go on, then zone then log off until your character dissapears then log back on. I tested this extensively int he past and even tested this with Little T once upon a time a go with melee poison :).

Zeninja
18-09-05, 03:59
Armor has always been weird. Just by switching in and out armor it doesn't guarantee an immediate effect. To get the full effect of armor you have to place it on, log on log off to make sure it did go on, then zone then log off until your character dissapears then log back on.
This explains a lot of strange results. I also noticed you sometimes have to zone after changing ammo mod on your weapon. Last time I tested my ppu setup using nova/xray CS, when I switched from xray to nova CS keeps on doing force dmg until you zone.

whifix
18-09-05, 04:00
This explains a lot of strange results. I also noticed you sometimes have to zone after changing ammo mod on your weapon. Last time I tested my ppu setup using nova/xray CS, when I switched from xray to nova CS keeps on doing force dmg until you zone.

Wow, you're probably right about the ammo stuff. Never thought of that.