PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport] Kill Licenses

james_finn
15-09-05, 14:09
I just read that someone said about a Kill License, so I thought that I would expand upon it here. Make it so its only bought at the CM FSA and make it around 500,000 nc so that not every man and his dog can afford it, but make it like a key so you right click and activate it. This then brings up a screen where you input the name of the person you would like killed. This would then save it to a database, and it would become a new version of the missions.

"Mission: To Kill Runner"

Any runner in any faction (That are enemy or neutral to the runners) are abkle to accept it, and on completion of the mission you are awarded 100,000 nc (So not only does this become a money sink, it also makes the role of a bounty hunter possible!). Maybe even make it so that the person who takes out the kill license donates some of his primary exp and that exp is then transferred to the mission completer, so there is also an exp gain.

Well discuss :)

Delphi

Skusty
15-09-05, 14:10
hmm assasination missions...i like that! I'd love to assasinate people...all i need is a silenced sh with laserpointer, i only got dmg and ammo mod on mine.

Xylaz
15-09-05, 14:12
cool idea, though i'm not sure if it should works this way

IMO it should be possible just to set up a mission at the citycom to kill a certain runner (providing cash as the reward) and CM and CM only could buy FSM license which would allow them to participate in that mission (without SL loss, of course)

Comie
15-09-05, 14:24
Id say hell yes... but with the following restriction

the Licence is CM ONLY, can only be bought by a CM fella with 90 symp and used by a CM fella, it does not give you faction, and does not take faction away.

Riddle
15-09-05, 14:25
Always liked the idea of assasin/bounty missions.
A citycom entry through the email screen may work better as both systems in place.

Make an entry of the runners name, pay to place entry, mission now adds to kill runners mission selection screen ready for taking by another runner.

Make it so SL loss is not a factor in bounty missions and your about set.

Torg
15-09-05, 17:09
yo. i'm kickin this idea around for a long time now.

my original point was: let's reduce allied ganking by removing ress/cst missions for non ressers/csters but encourage personal wars and clan wars by introducing a license.

works like this: you buy one at a reasonable price from CM FSM or elsewhere, activate it and set this runner on a red/enemy status for you. so you can kill him/her without losing SL/Fsymp and he/she can kill you either without penalties. later you would buy a second license to end it, or its ended by a timer, like 24 game hours.

same goes for clanwars.

should be easy to work out in the nc database.

Tostino
15-09-05, 17:12
yo. i'm kickin this idea around for a long time now.

my original point was: let's reduce allied ganking by removing ress/cst missions for non ressers/csters but encourage personal wars and clan wars by introducing a license.

works like this: you buy one at a reasonable price from CM FSM or elsewhere, activate it and set this runner on a red/enemy status for you. so you can kill him/her without losing SL/Fsymp and he/she can kill you either without penalties. later you would buy a second license to end it, or its ended by a timer, like 24 game hours.

same goes for clanwars.

should be easy to work out in the nc database.
I don't like the idea of the timer... If I buy a kill license I want to kill that person untill i'm good and ready to stop. So that would be like a 6 month timer.

RogerRamjet
15-09-05, 17:14
I don't like the idea of the timer... If I buy a kill license I want to kill that person untill i'm good and ready to stop. So that would be like a 6 month timer.

What if they kept killing you o_O Youd be sick in 6 months.

Cor
15-09-05, 17:33
I just read that someone said about a Kill License, so I thought that I would expand upon it here. Make it so its only bought at the CM FSA and make it around 500,000 nc so that not every man and his dog can afford it, but make it like a key so you right click and activate it. This then brings up a screen where you input the name of the person you would like killed. This would then save it to a database, and it would become a new version of the missions.

"Mission: To Kill Runner"

Any runner in any faction (That are enemy or neutral to the runners) are abkle to accept it, and on completion of the mission you are awarded 100,000 nc (So not only does this become a money sink, it also makes the role of a bounty hunter possible!). Maybe even make it so that the person who takes out the kill license donates some of his primary exp and that exp is then transferred to the mission completer, so there is also an exp gain.

Well discuss :)

Delphi

Not really a new idea, I like it but this is a better idea I think. And FN you should push for it more. We all should.

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=127617

Tostino
15-09-05, 17:40
What if they kept killing you o_O Youd be sick in 6 months.
It wouldn't matter beacuse im aloways -SL anyways so it's not like they will lose any SL with or without the license.

Dribble Joy
15-09-05, 17:55
Any bounty hunting system whereby there is no symp/SL loss is wide open for exploitation. People could easily hire themselves with a mule char/clan mate and gank away.

Superbron
15-09-05, 18:01
CM needs a fix indeed! They only have one enemy and no allies. Poor neutral guys. Let's say a CM runner should be able to be hired by another faction (mission/license to kill) and temporarely take over that factions F6.

LiL T
15-09-05, 21:37
Any bounty hunting system whereby there is no symp/SL loss is wide open for exploitation. People could easily hire themselves with a mule char/clan mate and gank away.

In total agreement

This will be exploited so..

The runner taking the mission must have 90 symp

The runner taking the mission must be capped

The runner taking the mission must lose alot of SL

the runner taking the mission must lose symp

Can't think of anymore at this time but lets say matey A knows matey B, matey A makes noob CM alt and then takes on a mission with 5 million reward. Matey B makes alt of enemy faction to be murdered, matey A kills matey B and collects good cash of 5 million, rinse repeat :(

/edit we could start with NCPD missions for the evil pkers with neg 32 soulight paying alot of cash for there termination. Any amount of CM runners can take the mission while it is active, each time the evil pker kills someone and loses SL a new mission becomes active. But again its exploitable >.< fucking exploiters PISS ME off this is why role play can't be done ...

bah fuck it

really nice idea though shame the exploiters will ruin it within minutes of patch..

Tostino
15-09-05, 21:45
In total agreement

This will be exploited so..

The runner taking the mission must have 90 symp

The runner taking the mission must be capped

The runner taking the mission must lose alot of SL

the runner taking the mission must lose symp

Can't think of anymore at this time but lets say matey A knows matey B, matey A makes noob CM alt and then takes on a mission with 5 million reward. Matey B makes alt of enemy faction to be murdered, matey A kills matey B and collects good cash of 5 million, rinse repeat :(
You know how you fix that? You make the reward come from the person that put the bounty out. So if you put up a 5 mill bounty then you need to put 5 mill of your cash up (it could work like StockX to hold the money) in they city com. When you kill the runner it will give you a prompt and then you can go to the city com and get the money.

LiL T
15-09-05, 21:55
I'm now gonna sit here for the 100th time and try and work this out in a way it can't be exploited, I can't see a way but Eve-online maybe the light the answer to this problem. They have a bounty system and it does work untill the bounty gets so high that there mate kills them and collects the cash.. I play eve and because I'm an ebil pirate I like having a bounty on my head, it makes me look like I'm going to kill you at any chance given and I do just that. So its something in this game that has given the evil type players a reason to want to keep there bounty and I'd say it is because there face and name is put on the billboard at every stargate. I'm not that high my self only 1.3million on my head since I got pod killed but we do like having our bountys as it shows how many people we pissed off :lol:

So if the put up a billboard with the evil people and there bountys I think we might see some sort of competion to get the highest ^^

LiL T
15-09-05, 21:58
You know how you fix that? You make the reward come from the person that put the bounty out. So if you put up a 5 mill bounty then you need to put 5 mill of your cash up (it could work like StockX to hold the money) in they city com. When you kill the runner it will give you a prompt and then you can go to the city com and get the money.

Erm how you work that out ? :lol:

/edit there still gonna get the cash from the poor chap that wanted a real kill ...

Tostino
15-09-05, 22:05
Yeah I just thought about it a little... All the person with the bounty would need to do is have his friend kill him, get the reward, and the bounty is gone and the person is now alot richer... One other thing would be the person that puts the bounty up has to accept the person that gets the mission.

Torq
15-09-05, 22:28
What about :

Term -> Info -> NCPD -> Bounty
Here Person A has to search for the person he wants to see lying dead on the ground. After that he hast to enter the ammount of money he's willing to pay.
He sells the money instantly and after that the mission can be accept by Mercs and the enemy factions. If u find and kill that guy, u get the money. After 3 days rl time, the money is sold back to Person A.

I don't see a way of exploiting here.... the money is gone and u can't "multiplicate" it.

Bishop Yutani
15-09-05, 23:14
I really like the idea. There should be some kinda level cap though, so experienced players looking to be mean dont just keep accepting low level assassination missions.

-FN-
15-09-05, 23:22
***** Stars to this idea :)

The way I saw it working was any runner, from any faction, can put a Bounty into a new "Bounty" tab in the city comm. There you have a search tool like you do in the Runner>Info tab. You find a runner, select them, enter an amount to have them killed, and then it goes into an "Open Bounties" area within the Bounty portion of the citycomm.

Once in the Open Bounties, any runner can go in and look at the open bounties - but each runner will only see Open Bounties on runners in Enemy or Neutral Factions. Ideally only Enemy factions with CM being an exception seeing all, but I'm not sure how easy/feasible that would be coding-wise.

Once you select an Open Bounty, it goes into a status of "In Progress". You then have 48 hours to complete this task. If you haven't by that time, you get a "Mission Failed" and the Bounty goes back into the Open Bounty list. All bounties have a lifespan of 30 days (real time). So let's say a bounty is put out on some Tsunami Runner who doesn't log in for 6 months, he won't linger there forever in the list, just 30 days, regardless of the Bounty Status.

Runners cannot have a bounty put on them unless their base rank is above 50. You cannot accept/select a Bounty Mission unless your base rank is above 50.

Added some screenshots...

naimex
15-09-05, 23:37
... and this is going to help how?

If a person wants to kill another dude, he will kill him, just 1-2 kills then go to apartment, relax for a few hours, sl back up, woohoo, back to killing.

Doesn´t cost you anything, allowed you to kill people, even same faction, and then a few hours later youre back to normal...

and since we´ve all or atleast most of us, have experienced the allied killers, then we would know that people don´t really care about the soullight or faction symphaty loss.

Most people who go on a PvP mission, would most likely be capped or near capped anyways, so the exp gain won´t be so attractive.

And the fact that you to spend money on it, I think that alone would kill it for most. Why pay for something you were gonna do for free anyways...

And making it CM only, would just make a lot more people think... Hmm, a CM.. he COULD be on a bounty mission, also meaning he WANTS to PvP, then he would be a target for extermination, lots of people often look for a fight, if they have reason to believe a CM was on a bounty hunter mission, he would be willing to PvP, and therefore might whine on a channel if he was ganked whilst on it, and thats just double bonus for a ganker on a bloodrush.

So to be honest, I have so little faith in this idea, that I wouldn´t even recommend it to be on the agenda over possible new features.

vashtyphoon78
16-09-05, 00:06
horrid idea. i can buy a dissy (highest rifle) for a little over 500k, and that would make it so all the database items would cost 600k, not the current 100k.

No.

ZoVoS
16-09-05, 01:16
edited

james_finn
16-09-05, 04:24
naimex the idea was so that someone other than the person could perform the kill for them, like a tradeskiller could put it up, also the fact that it would be 500k would stop the exploiting, due to the fact that the money would need to be put up before the mission is made, and then only a reward of maybe 250k is given out to the person completing the bounty. This would be a one off, and when the mission was completed the bounty mission would be removed.

This could also be used as a way to bring more roleplaying into the game, through faction assistants and also the neocronicle, it could all be tied together with a few bounty missions, which could work quite nicely.

At the person who said it would be a good idea to have a bill board with all the peoples names on that have a bounty, well this could be a totally separate bounty system, one in which allied killing would get you at a basic level, and increasing the amount of people you allied kill would increase the bounty against you. Again the money could not afford to be too much, or too much money would be leaking into the economy, so there would need to be some such reward (possibly not monitary) for completing the bounty. But for simpliscity's sake I believe that the above original idea is the easiest to impliment, and also the one with the least chance of exploitation.

Delphi

zii
16-09-05, 17:09
licence - noun.
license - verb.

The courts renewed the publican's music and dance licence so that his pub was licensed for the drom dance party.

naimex
16-09-05, 17:29
naimex the idea was so that someone other than the person could perform the kill for them, like a tradeskiller could put it up, also the fact that it would be 500k would stop the exploiting, due to the fact that the money would need to be put up before the mission is made, and then only a reward of maybe 250k is given out to the person completing the bounty. This would be a one off, and when the mission was completed the bounty mission would be removed.

Perhaps its just me, that somehow manages to never get above 300 k credits.

Its been close to 2 years since i last had over 1 million credits.

I´ve never had more than 1 mc5 part (which ended up getting stolen from me).

I personally wouldn´t pay 500 k credits just to have someone kill someone.

I´d just log a char, go hunt the person for a few days, and after that, I´ll sit back relax a bit, and wait for retaliation, but I would NEVER pay for it.

The only reason I could see anyone wanting to do that, would be serious RP, at a huge expense...

Since most people know atleast 1 evil PvP´er whos just waiting for a DM saying "******** that dude!!".

or

Have a clan // is affiliated with a clan, who could be persuaded to KOS that person, or declare WAR on the persons clan.

So personally, I can´t see who would use this, other than the people who mysteriously has the ability to bid 30 milion on 1 item, and then bid another 50 million on another item..

Which goes far beyond my understandings, since a player money cap is, what? 20 mil ?... that would mean they would have 4 chars with 20 mil on each, just to buy 2 items?

I mean?? What´s wrong with people? And how the **** do they get enough money to spend that much on so few items? and how do they recover money that fast?

I have to admit, everytime I see a person with over 15 million credits I have a little voice inside my head saying, exploiter.

zii
16-09-05, 22:37
my little voice says 'ebay' :lol:

naimex
16-09-05, 22:41
my little voice says 'ebay' :lol:

Wasn´t there an official post at some time, saying that ebay buying selling wasnt "allowed"?

Not that I would wanna do it that way... I don´t like selling stuff..

Bount
17-09-05, 00:11
Requirement:

Peeps need to pay money when setting up a bounty mission at a terminal. There is no reward for accomplishing the misssion, except the money, so there would be no exploitation risk.

The only need for this would be a 50k minimum, following a slightly decreasing non-proportional curve up to 15(somewhat%) of the money the initiators has, to avoid too easy/many copntracts, and to avoid ripping off the ones wo actually gather their credits.

The exact amount is calculated and shown when setting up a bounty missoin.

1. : CM will not loose SL or will only loose 25% of the SL a normal runner would sacrifice.

2. Non CM runners suffer from the normal SL loss.

3. All parties gain the money that was set up when setting up the mission.

Tech. req. : a bounty database

gain : a whole new dimsension

Edit: Involve licenses when the taget is a capped, or high lvl runner - low lvl runners also should have the poss. to set up/complete such missions.

Hmm, the money needed to set up such a mission should also involve the base rank of the target. The higher the targets br, the higher the additional multiplicator to the base money value described above should be.

If the target is a high lvl trader the bounty would be high also, yes, but bounty has to be payed by a runner, is would be his loss.

btw there is an easy way to determine if a target runner is a trader or not, and acording to that the, bounty possibly could deacrease or increase - just calculated by the the skillpoints - to 99% this way of defining a charaterer as trader oder fighter will work. Thw 1%that will not work because of statistical stuff wouöd still not be a problem because nobody would skill a char to that statistical value, and the initiator would still be the one to pay the credits.

Something like that.

postedit: The initiator is free to add additional cash to thje calculated minimum amount of money he needs to pay when setting up a mission - this way he could show off^^ - drugs etc, influencing the br of a char shouldn't really be a problem. No one will always use the stats decreasing drug, and if he uses br pushing drugs it's still his risk.

I'm a drug spy myself - and btw, copbots should react on chars which use drugs with a 5 step countdown.

LiL T
17-09-05, 00:26
So how about individule runners being the mission target and only a CM with 90 symp and is a capped player with epic complete can take the missions. This would stop the target getting his mate to make a CM alt to kill him and collect the cash, since he would need to cap then do epic and get 90 faction symp with CM's. That would put even the hardcore exploiters off, as it would not be easy to make a CM alt to take these missions. I could still be exploited if the target did have a CM friend that meets the requirments of the mission but how often would that happen ?

Besides the real peeps that want to make name of them selves by killing people will most likely honour the bounty set too there heads. I know I would keep my bounty on my head if I had one

Toilet-Duck
17-09-05, 02:26
Wasn´t there an official post at some time, saying that ebay buying selling wasnt "allowed"?

Not that I would wanna do it that way... I don´t like selling stuff..

First of all while we don't prohibit sales of accounts on EBay we don't advise that you buy one because you have no idea what you're buying (it could be a banned account for example and there's no way that it's going to get unbanned regardless of who owns it.)

Yes it's possible to transfer ownership of accounts but not while the account is active. The same holds true if you wish to change from C2P to PBC, you have to cancel the account with C2P and wait for it to expire (i.e. the three months expire or whatever payment period you opted for). Only then can you resubscribe to PBC.

N

I still think its ok to sell stuff on ebay isnt it? :confused:

Dribble Joy
17-09-05, 02:35
@bounty/lilt

Not so much making a CM alt, but playing a CM and useing another mule char or clan mate to create the bounty, then they could pk all they want without SL/symp loss.

I would like to see abounty system, but one that the killer gets all the usual consequences.

LiL T
17-09-05, 14:59
Yes they should get even worse consequences for killing a mission target imo, its not exactly a legal thing to pay someone to kill. Its a Risk Vs reward thing, you get nice cash for killing the target runner but you lose a crap load of SL and symp.