PDA

View Full Version : Evol 2.1 Suggestions

-FN-
13-09-05, 21:12
Seeing the new Weapon Models, I'm glad to see KK putting some polish on some aspects of the game. I'm still on the fence on the Vegetation thing, but there are other aspects that could truly be polished up and step NC's quality up quite a bit. Evol 2.2 maybe?

I. More Player Models/Skins to Choose From
- Currently each class has one facial model to choose from, even though there is a button to select a different model in the player creation. Add more!
- Once those new models are added, more skins, with some of the NC1 feel... scars, mutations, distortions... bring back some of the pain and hardships that you could SEE in NC1 skins!
- With this add a *very* expensive, dark and dirty, Plastic Surgery Lab to the Outzone and to DoY. I'm talking "The guy who Jack Nicholson went to after the acid accident in the original 1990 Batman" dirty. This way existing players can change their faces as well.

II. More Powerarmor Model Choices or Update existing Powerarmor
- I suggested a new type of PA a long time ago (Movement PA vs Combat PA (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=105285)) - When you get high-level, you look like everyone else. NC's high-end right now consists of Lobster PEs, Three-Eyed Spies, Jawa Monks, and Smurf Tanks. There are 4 models when it comes to end game play :( Leveling with a bunch of mid-level players the other day, I realized how damn cool it was being with 6 other people who's faces I could see, who's hair was slightly different... it really added personality to all of them! So I'd like to see either more PA's added for end-game variety or...
- Modify the existing PA to be more like armor that's added over the body, rather than replacing the runner's model. Helmets with glass on them so we can see a runner's face... Arms that just cover vital portions but still show the clothing underneath... more like how the weapons are added to the player model.

III. Update Existing Mob Skins
- I'm not asking for new mobs, new models, or new animations - just update the existing mob models - add some more detail! The mutants close up just look like pixelated crap :( But there are some mobs, like the Poisonous Spider Queen and her semi-transparent abdomen that are just incredible! Imagine if the Grim Chaser had a clear portion in it's chest where you could see things it had eaten... or if you could see moving fluid inside of a warbot... give the mobs some more life :)

IV. Finish the NC1 -> NC2 Texture Upgrades!
- Going from Plaza 4 into Viarosso 1 you see it. Going from the Military Entrance into MB Sec-1 you see it. Going from the Outzone Subway into Outzone 1 you see it... the NEW, already EXISTING textures have just not been applied to the zones they should be going into... finish the upgrade that started over 12 months ago!

V. Get Rid of the re-used 2D Graphics
Wisdom of Ceres Discs use the Computer Junk model. Is it that hard to make a disc-looking object? Hack tools look like Stealth tools - is a new Stealth tool graphic that hard? All the belts look the same... all the PAs look the same... Get some more 2D work in there :) If they still look like bags when you toss them down, that's fine for now, but they should really have unique looks in the inventory window.

VI. Fix Tools That Don't Display in 3rd Person
When I have a poke tool out, people should see it! When I have a hack tool out, you should see it! If I'm salvaging, you should see my yellow salvage tool. Also, in HackNet, weapons don't show up in 3rd person, but they look REALLY COOL in first person! Get these to work right!

VII. More Apartment Designs!
Right now you can have your apartment designed around four motifs:

- Typical NC apartment. Metal Furniture, Metal cabs, etc.
- Typical DoY apartment. Rusty, dark, and dirty.
- Oriental apartment. Paper lamps on the floor. Table on the floor. Bed on the floor. Everything on the floor because oriental people are short.
- Bondage Masochist apartment. Fill it with all the spikey stuff available from Crahn.

What about just normal things? Picture frames, desks. What about a "retro" set that looks like the furniture of today? What about an all glass or all stainless steel set? Just a few more options at the placeable furniture vendors would be nice :)

VIII. Update Vehicles
The Combat Hover/Bike/etc look the same as the non-combat versions. The Reveler is just the 4x4 copied over. They need some updates! (See Vehicle Models: New vs Old (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=124760))

Perhaps these are Evol 2.2, 2.3, and 2.4... but either way I'd like to see what the Community thinks is important as far as updating NC to a more customizable level.

nobby
13-09-05, 21:28
I want NC to turn into the way you create a char on Eve online....Pure sexness!

Glok
13-09-05, 21:31
More models, texture upgrades, and other.

Other = use more features of DX9 in the engine, and if that makes my flashlight finally work in the wastelands then so much the better. :p

Heavyporker
13-09-05, 21:37
Oh, yeah, FN.. so many of your suggestions I agree with. ESPECIALLY on the plastic surgery bit.

- Make the "bodybuilder" physique of Gen-Tanks come back, seriously. Major issue with me.

- An option for PAs to have a "at-ease" toggle? As in, when your weapon is holstered, the helmet/cowl comes down so you can see the head. That'd be seriously cool. Imagine a Monk with Cloak on, but the cowl is down (incidentially, this would cut down a lot of the "jawa" comments, I suspect). Maybe the red-eye goggles would come off too, or stay on. That'd be pretty neat. The gentanks/spies/PEs with "at-ease" PAs could hold their helmets in their hands! That'd so rule.

- Maybe make tools that are in use and the user is at a table, be visible UPON the top of the table, chugging away (like a recycler pouring stuff into the tool, or a researcher moving around the cube under the tool like a scientist moves around his slide under a microscope, so on and on)

- Oh, and FOR CRAHN'S FUCKING SAKES, HOW ABOUT YOU FIX THE FRIGGING MAP ERRORS LIKE THE FLOATING TREE IN MB BUNKER, THE FAKE WATER IN THE GAYA MINES OUTSIDE THE STORMBOT'S LAIR (FIX IT, DON'T REMOVE IT), AND UPDATING THE WATER EFFECTS IN THE SEWERS AND MAINSEWERS!!! FFS!

- DEAR FUCKING CRAHN! PUT IN SOME ISLANDS! They don't have to be entire continents making the foundation for new expansions. Look north around, what, sector K03, at the beach, when you swim out a little, there's ALMOST a real island poking up out of the water. Improve on that. You had excellent ideas in Northstar Uplink and Rockshore Factory - beach-assault fights, how about extending that just a little. Clone some ocean-only zones where there's nothing but a whole fuckload of water and one or two little islands and some huts and tropical foliage where you NEED a glider to get out that far without being devoured by Kraken (120/120 stranglers that spawn like 10 70/70 tentacles every 15 seconds). Dear Crahn, it can't be that hard, can it?!

edit - OH, FUCK YEAH, make flashlights work properly!!! MAKE HEADLIGHTS ON THE VEHICLES WORK, FFS!!! MAKE A TOGGLE OPTION TO TURN ON THE DAMN LIGHTS!! PUT HEADLIGHTS ON THE WHEELER CAR AND THE APCS TOO!

RogerRamjet
13-09-05, 21:44
For PA, id say you should be able to buy a white PA, but on the same screen is a colour modifier, like on Rokkwear, so you can have different coloured PA.

numb
13-09-05, 21:46
edit - OH, FUCK YEAH, make flashlights work properly!!! MAKE HEADLIGHTS ON THE VEHICLES WORK, FFS!!! MAKE A TOGGLE OPTION TO TURN ON THE DAMN LIGHTS!! PUT HEADLIGHTS ON THE WHEELER CAR AND THE APCS TOO!

Do flashlights work outside now? It always used to be a bit on the crap side in that department.

I think it'd be nice just to add some kind of camo skin to the reveller.

retr0n
13-09-05, 22:08
Most definetly, 5 stars

kurai
14-09-05, 00:23
All of the options are worthy of attention, but player models/skins and PAs are the big winners.

The endgame result of 5 years of KK development/artwork and a player's weeks/months/years of dedicated levelling, kitting out and customisation of a character is ...

TADAAAAAAAAA ! *thud*

... a choice of four whole appearances.

There aren't enough :( , :confused: , :rolleyes:, :eek: and o_O emoticons in vBulletin to even come close to describing this state of affairs.

eprodigy
14-09-05, 00:47
all fn's ideas here good.

Tratos
14-09-05, 01:24
- Oh, and FOR CRAHN'S FUCKING SAKES, HOW ABOUT YOU FIX THE FRIGGING MAP ERRORS LIKE THE FLOATING TREE IN MB BUNKER,

The floating one outside? Thats fixed if thats what you mean.

I'd just like to see all the graphics improved tbh, the look of the game will attract people.

vashtyphoon78
14-09-05, 02:06
yeah i fucking almost shit myself upon entering Eve, i sware to reeza man FF

i would love custom PA...my spys PA would be fuckin camo instantly and better looks would be awsome...more faces and shit...or just improve the graphics period.

zii
14-09-05, 03:13
remove para on pvp server
remove LEs on pvp server

ZoVoS
14-09-05, 03:23
More Player Models/Skins to Choose From
Dun realy care if i aint in PA then it aint me online

More Powerarmor Model Choices or Update existing Powerarmor
YES YES YES, i dont care about player skins but defenatly care about this

Update Existing Mob Skins
kina like some more higher more uniqe mobs, the ones i see are the same as the ones i saw years ago, how boring

Finish the NC1 -> NC2 Texture Upgrades!
GRR YES, the walls change from smooth to gritty on zoning, does me nut in

Get Rid of the re-used 2D Graphics
dun realy care to much about inv items, i mean i think they should alow players to subit icons for each item and then they can choose the best, its the best way to do thi

Fix Tools That Don't Display in 3rd Person
meh

More Apartment Designs!
maby later

Update Vehicle Graphics just a little more
i love the vhcs, id prefer them to undergo a quad like overhaul, cos the quads textures are just sweet but it isnt important

Other - Post Below
grass n trees all need to be finsihed (we know they will miss sumthing they always miss sumthing so im putting this in before hand)
projectiles need to be inproved

make a few trash vhc's and add them to the wild. stripped for scrap

ohoh and change shelter and deflector to a wierd fluctuating glow rather than a cilindrical texture wich lights up strong when a energy/projectile hits it

-FN-
14-09-05, 06:08
Oh yeah - I also wouldn't complain if you updated the stealth effect ;)

before.jpg = Unstealthed
after.jpg = Stealthed :D

Asurmen Spec Op
14-09-05, 06:11
Wasnt that from the movie in the closed fear MP beta?

yes..

Torg
14-09-05, 11:31
more means to make your avatar unique:
more faces, hairstyles, clothes, accessoires to choose from and even to wear over your PA.

more toys to play with: more different weapons, items

clanwars and kill licenses

Comie
14-09-05, 11:51
kill licenses

holy shit that has CM written all over it

Original monk
14-09-05, 12:03
very nice post i agree ! especially the 2d models i found very intresting, its not that cool to have the same model over and over .. first and simplest example that crosses my mind is the 3 belts (poison, fire, energy) ... the NCpro launcher made them have seperate colours .. this was great lol .. nomore taking the wrong belt and having to look at all youre belts everytime :)

ow and yeah: remove the constructlicenses plz there yust .. useless lol (altough they look nice :) )

a4nic8er
14-09-05, 12:39
Player shops. Or no go.

Kierz
14-09-05, 12:50
I so wish KK would just listen to FN (or Dirus :p) sometimes, no almost all the time :> All the suggestions are important, unlike the completely unimportant changes KK seem to like wasting their time on (no offence).

Anyway, an idea I had for PA was make 2 different versions of it availible, PA look and just PA stats, the PA stats one would have the same stats as the usual one but wouldn't effect your looks so you don't have to look the same as everyone else.

More players models and skins and accessorys are definately the most important for me tho, I make a habbit of going to rokkwear every day to change my clothes (theres one outside my apt so it's not that much of an effort :p) for the hell of it.

But I voted other for my 3rd choice and I'd really like some more of the annoying bugs to be fixed, like FRE when alt+tabbing in the wastes (only on some pcs?) at dx9, and like all the buggy pe skins. Actually there's not that much more that annoys me in the game.

Torg
14-09-05, 16:46
holy shit that has CM written all over itsure, and you'd buy it from the CM FSM, or have it bought, and put it into use like a key or something

Netphreak
14-09-05, 17:41
First point is the most important:

Update NC with a new graphics engine (there was a thread on this awhile ago some good options where found)
Use the NC1 models but update the quality of them

giga191
14-09-05, 17:44
NC is really square, needs more curves

Judge
14-09-05, 19:23
I voted for the two player model based, extra customisation and PA. Then I was torn between the Texture upgrade, vehicles and the mob skins.... it is ridiculously noticable when going from the zones that FN mentioned that the job is only half done. The new textures look awesome, and whenever I go into VR now it feels like I'm going into a different game.

Tbh, the 2d art thing, is such a minor job that I don't think it should be put in the same category as most of these things. KK made new 2d art for the trophies, and that was completely out of the blue... One of the best bits of the modification forum stuff was that people made some fucking awesome new 2d stuff for the game, maybe have a comp to get some of that ingame if you really don't want to have to do it yourselves kk.

Xeno LARD
14-09-05, 19:24
I want you, FN.

msdong
14-09-05, 19:46
VI. Fix Tools That Don't Display in 3rd Person
VIII. Update Vehicles

good points. would even be better when the TL check on external tools would work :) the external repair tool soul dhave some kind off effect like yellow rings that blow out of the tool or somethin'

upgrade the pimp car and the rhino tank give them some more polys and some texture upgrades. add the hoverbomber as a useable VHC to NC. give an small troopcarrier to doy.

€: allmost forget about the 3 thing. FIX missions.

Argent
14-09-05, 20:45
I choose : Stability, network issues & stability.

Kalonji Faya
14-09-05, 21:22
other : more game content, more quests, and more RP :D