PDA

View Full Version : New Neocron Evolution 2.1 Weapon Models

Thanatos
13-09-05, 16:51
As promised in the last planfile, here's a few shots of the new weapon models that are part of the Neocron Evolution 2.1 upgrade.

Grenade Launcher 1 (http://entry.neocron.com/planfile4/w5.jpg)
Grenade Launcher 2 (http://entry.neocron.com/planfile4/w6.jpg)
Nailgun 1 (http://entry.neocron.com/planfile4/w7.jpg)
Nailgun 1 (http://entry.neocron.com/planfile4/w8.jpg)

Exioce
13-09-05, 16:52
first post! also, sweet stuff :)

her.
13-09-05, 17:02
nice nice :)

TWOK
13-09-05, 17:03
Very nice, I do hope we get a rare version of these weapons.

Tratos
13-09-05, 17:11
Lol, the nail gun looks uber.

Nice work, cant wait to see them ingame ;) :)

RogerRamjet
13-09-05, 17:20
When will the mobs/NPCs be upgraded?

Tostino
13-09-05, 17:28
Looks good to me ;).

giga191
13-09-05, 17:33
applauds for whoever made the the nailgun. Get the person to come take a bow :)

kurai
13-09-05, 17:45
Love the `duct tape and hosepipe` ghetto look of the nail gun.

Fits the grimy squallor of Pepper Park & Outzones perfectly.

Now all you have to do is stop the players wielding them looking like freshly showered and manicured damned anime elves ;)

nobby
13-09-05, 17:47
Yeah they're ok :)

Xylaz
13-09-05, 17:48
neocron evolution 2.1 upgrade?

oh dear, HOW MUCH ?

-FN-
13-09-05, 17:56
The Grenade Launcher has 8 shells in the picture. But Grenade Launcher loads 6 shells in-game. There, now you guys know. Please don't mess it up :P

Tostino
13-09-05, 18:01
Just wondering, how many models do you plan to change with the first patch? And are you planing on redoing all of them?
Thanks in advance for the info.

CMaster
13-09-05, 18:18
The nailgun looks like some kind of victorian steam-powered rifle, not a furutistic clunky pistol. The GL looks cool though.

Riddle
13-09-05, 18:37
Gotta love that Nailgun :D time to build noob weapons again because they will look cool but then Logans is always building noob weapons!

Koshinn
13-09-05, 18:37

oh dear, HOW MUCH ?

Do you do anything besides complain? :mad:

Good job btw! I'll be kinda sad that the nailgun doesn't look like a bolter anymore, but the new model is nice!

Scanner Darkly
13-09-05, 18:42
Thank you for the updates Thanatos - all four of the models I've seen so far are really rather special.

Mad props to the art team :)

Judge
13-09-05, 18:43
That nailgun looks awesome, as does the nade launcher (just not quite as awesome). The nailgun has really got the whole self constructed cyberpunk look going. :D

Xylaz
13-09-05, 18:47
Do you do anything besides complain? :mad:

i drink
i smoke
i [censored]
i sleep
i work (definitely too much, but the good side is that my work require me to complain about others)

et cetera

i wish u a good day, just as good as i had today...

Koshinn
13-09-05, 18:53
i work (definitely too much, but the good side is that my work require me to complain about others)

Ah that makes sense, you're a pro! :lol:

giga191
13-09-05, 19:30
The nailgun looks like some kind of victorian steam-powered rifle, not a furutistic clunky pistol nailgun > cmaster.

ttorpedo
13-09-05, 19:32
omg, the nailgun looks uberuber
very nice work :)

Odin
13-09-05, 19:37

oh dear, HOW MUCH ?

Zip.

Only reason that NC2 ended up being a pay pack was due to publisher/ownership changes.

Matthew.v.smith
13-09-05, 19:39
Those look incredibly nice ^^
Any more sn3ak p3aks? :P

M.

Asurmen Spec Op
13-09-05, 19:54
As promised in the last planfile, here's a few shots of the new weapon models that are part of the Neocron Evolution 2.1 upgrade.

Grenade Launcher 1 (http://entry.neocron.com/planfile4/w5.jpg)
Grenade Launcher 2 (http://entry.neocron.com/planfile4/w6.jpg)
Nailgun 1 (http://entry.neocron.com/planfile4/w7.jpg)
Nailgun 1 (http://entry.neocron.com/planfile4/w8.jpg)
can I have j00r babies?

Heavyporker
13-09-05, 21:20
Wow. I have to admit... these weapons appeal.

Still.. I know I'm gonna get chewed out for this.. but...

I feel that the original grenade launchers and nail-guns look perfectly awesome as they are.

Perhaps... The original grenade launcher and nail guns could be the newbie/street/unlabeled versions (as they're simpler and weaker, AND the nail-gun was actually a tool that had safeties bypassed), while the new models are the name-brand weaponized versions (Tangent/Ryker)?

edit - *cough* by the way, these grenade rounds don't look like they'd bounce... you know?

Morganth
13-09-05, 21:23
Looks good, can't wait for the next batch of weapons. If the Wyatt Earp looks like an Grammaton Cleric's hand gun, then I might consider carrying one around for looks :D

Zip.

Only reason that NC2 ended up being a pay pack was due to publisher/ownership changes.

1) Thats what we were told about BDoY :rolleyes:
2) Are we supposed to believe you this time round?

-FN-
13-09-05, 21:30
Still.. I know I'm gonna get chewed out for this.. but...

I feel that the original grenade launchers and nail-guns look perfectly awesome as they are.

Perhaps... The original grenade launcher and nail guns could be the newbie/street/unlabeled versions (as they're simpler and weaker, AND the nail-gun was actually a tool that had safeties bypassed), while the new models are the name-brand weaponized versions (Tangent/Ryker)?

Nah, I'll back ya on this. I totally agree. Some of the existing models/weapons are still decent and it's a shame to just "throw them away", don't you guys think? Using them as some of the other TL versions might work... *shrug*

And for Morganth: I want one too (http://pds.egloos.com/pds/1/200405/07/15/a0012515_20395664.jpg) :cool:

Odin
13-09-05, 21:44
Looks good, can't wait for the next batch of weapons. If the Wyatt Earp looks like an Grammaton Cleric's hand gun, then I might consider carrying one around for looks :D

1) Thats what we were told about BDoY :rolleyes:
2) Are we supposed to believe you this time round?

I just told you exactly why that happened. You wanna be a smart ass take it elsewhere.

RogerRamjet
13-09-05, 22:01
Owned +1.

So, any idea when NPCs and Guards will be updated Odin?

Odin
13-09-05, 22:02
Owned +1.

So, any idea when NPCs and Guards will be updated Odin?

I'm usually not in the loop when it comes to coding issues. Dirus would probably have a better handle on that one when he's around.

RogerRamjet
13-09-05, 22:05
Ah ok, cant wait to see all the GFX updated. Its all about aesthetics tbh.

Odin
13-09-05, 22:25
Ah ok, cant wait to see all the GFX updated. Its all about aesthetics tbh.

I'll poke him in person since he should be here in a few hours dropping off GM Plasmastorm from the airport (North American GM party here next week).

Tratos
13-09-05, 23:37
I'll poke him in person since he should be here in a few hours dropping off GM Plasmastorm from the airport (North American GM party here next week).

*Odin Opens Door To Dirus*
Dirus: Hi Odin, hows things?
*Odin pokes Dirus in the eye*
Dirus: What the hell was that for?
*Odin points to PC with forums loaded*
Dirus: You could of just said.
Odin: But i said i'd poke you on the forums, you know what the community is like when we dont keep to our word *grin*
Dirus: Very Funny....¬_¬

Odin
13-09-05, 23:43
Odin: But i said i'd poke you on the forums *grin*

Well I was thinking of using something sharper in more sensitive places but I guess a finger in the eye will have to do ;)

Tratos
13-09-05, 23:45
Well I was thinking of using something sharper in more sensitive places but I guess a finger in the eye will have to do ;)

Sounds painful, you missed my last edit, lol

Anywhom, im looking forward to see the plasma cannon personaly and the laser rifles.....and the fusion rifles :D

Will this be taken as an oppurtunity to have alternate weapon models for the pulse and normal fire laser rifles?

QuakCow
13-09-05, 23:46
ack! not my nailgun! its the only weapon model i truly like :(

DARK_Overfiend
14-09-05, 00:08
a great piece of Weaponary that gun is , from Equilibrium (excellent film)nice Models , they look as good as the ones n the Evo .2.1 page

vashtyphoon78
14-09-05, 00:14
i love the GL...and the Archer&Wesson on the barrel is a nice touch =)

and i would love to see a mutant weilding a nailgun like that lol...but doesnt the nailgun look more like a nailrifle to you guys?

Tratos
14-09-05, 00:18
i love the GL...and the Archer&Wesson on the barrel is a nice touch =)

and i would love to see a mutant weilding a nailgun like that lol...but doesnt the nailgun look more like a nailrifle to you guys?

I think it just looks big in that pic so it takes the same size screens as the other weapons.

Morganth
14-09-05, 00:47
Now if only we were able to have Matrix-style jackets to go with these new weapon models :D

I just told you exactly why that happened. You wanna be a smart ass take it elsewhere.

Yeah, but we weren't told that at the time, were we? Rather than KK doing something, taking the complaints, and justifying it at a later date, why not take the sensible option of justifying something from the word go. Would save you a lot of time, not only in reply to posts, but in edits of flames :rolleyes:

DARK_Overfiend
14-09-05, 00:47
maybe its slightly zoomed so it looks bigger than it actually is.

the Rifles are "HUGE" lol

Asurmen Spec Op
14-09-05, 02:08
*Asurmen Opens Door To Dirus*
Dirus: Hi Assman, hows things?
*Asurmen pokes Dirus in the eye*
*Asurmen points to PC with forums loaded*
Asurmen: But i said i'd poke you on the forums, you know what the community is like when we dont keep to our word *grin*

Fixed :P

ZoVoS
14-09-05, 02:54
and what polygon count do these have? 8|

ZoVoS
14-09-05, 03:00
The nailgun looks like some kind of victorian steam-powered rifle, not a furutistic clunky pistol. The GL looks cool though.

c... mun... its not sum futuristic riful, its a dam nail gun used to nail things in to things when ur a mutant/begger and havent got the full finantial backing of Tangent Technologies Inc

EDIT

>_< dam doubble post though i was editing

Dirus
14-09-05, 04:01
Odin: But i said i'd poke you on the forums, you know what the community is like when we dont keep to our word *grin*

*Dirus pokes Odin in the eye with a spork*
Dirus: I do AI at times, not gfx work..

Fixed :P

You wish.. you know I won't call you assman for the simple reason that you like being called that, and I'm not about to give you any pleasure of that nature.

Asurmen Spec Op
14-09-05, 04:03
You wish.. you know I won't call you assman for the simple reason that you like being called that, and I'm not about to give you any pleasure of that nature.
I like it when you play hard to get :p

<--- hears a temp ban acoming :p

QuakCow
14-09-05, 04:45
uh...does the new grenade launcher remind anyone else of the rocket pistol in swg?

eprodigy
14-09-05, 06:32
mabye wrong place, but since when are you assistant cheif gamemaster? i thought you were QA

Nidhogg
14-09-05, 10:38
mabye wrong place, but since when are you assistant cheif gamemaster? i thought you were QA
Since Monday, I believe. Congrats to Dirus on the promotion, it's well deserved. :)

N

/edit - No fear - I don't believe this move will affect the excellent work he does on the QA side of things...

Bugs Gunny
14-09-05, 10:58
I don't know Dirus in person, nor have i ever talked to him, but from what i can tell a lot of the ballancing and things implemented, that players asked for are thanks to him.
It's a good thing he got promoted.
The more say he has the better the game will get.

Everyone knows i tend to spew my discontent about the game when KK takes a wrong direction, but lately i have the feeling they are realy getting on the right track.
The no more elves campaing, when pushed harder than it is now, along with some advertising about the neptune pvp server (and there REALY is a market for a more pvp and faster leveling game) along with the new stuff the graphics departement is putting out made me believe this game may actualy survive for a while yet.

And do other people also feel that neptune has a kind of NC1 feel to it? It's more dangerous and grungier in feel than the other servers.

giga191
14-09-05, 11:10
who is chief GM?

aKe`cj
14-09-05, 11:18
who is chief GM?

teh bunny ...afaik

Kozmos
14-09-05, 11:33
And do other people also feel that neptune has a kind of NC1 feel to it? It's more dangerous and grungier in feel than the other servers.

Your mistaken, its just more populated, and fun again ;)

netster
14-09-05, 11:56
well the launcher-baby looks more alike an auto-pumpgun, the nailgun (the nicest gun ingame:P) looks more alike the streetmodel rifle -_-' ....

TBH!!!! will there be higher levels streetmodel rifles + nailguns??? -_-'
sorry, but <3 'em

Original monk
14-09-05, 12:28
cool weapons TBH

lince
14-09-05, 13:07
I love the guns....cant wait for the upgrade...!!

Elle
Ps Its free isnt it?

kurai
14-09-05, 13:13
I love the guns....cant wait for the upgrade...!!

Elle
Ps Its free isnt it?Yep. Just like they said the last one was.

Oh ... wait ...

;)

lince
14-09-05, 13:18
The vegetation looks cool too... 8|

Elle x

Bugs Gunny
14-09-05, 13:24
Lince, don't tell us you're gonna go from poking in TH to gardening around Gab mine now?

eprodigy
14-09-05, 16:04
Since Monday, I believe. Congrats to Dirus on the promotion, it's well deserved. :)
congrats as well then dirus

Tratos
14-09-05, 17:23
congrats as well then dirus

Yeah congrats Drius, well deserved :)

Also Daishi's job has changed ' Supervisor of the Game Master Team' this a promotion also or changed for Drius to move up?

Ok im getting a bit offtopic...../me slinks off

Netphreak
14-09-05, 17:28
So are we maybe getting a new game engine or am I just being too optimistic.

Oh... btw nice models , just not sure how well they'll run with or current game engine.

GJ anyways a more model updates and a new engine and NC will take over the world...

Nidhogg
14-09-05, 18:28
No new game engine. The existing game engine is capable of displaying those textures (possibly not exactly the same - they are obviously renders after all).

N

RogerRamjet
14-09-05, 20:11
When will a new RPOS be out?

Argent
14-09-05, 20:40
Great, a grenade launcher that looks like a bullet launcher, should we rename them too? Maybe something as innovative as "Rifles"? At least the nailgun looks kinda cool.

And I'm not even going to say anything about the nc2 cost issue....

Skusty
14-09-05, 21:54
Why does the Grenadelauncher got 9mm bullets when it shoots grenadeS??

DARK_Overfiend
14-09-05, 22:00
New RPOS , oooo this shud be nice . hopefully better than the current but im not moaning current one does fine for me , unless ur able to allow Alternate Crosshairs. players choice of crosshair. from the current to + , ^ and few fancy ones .

Skusty

Their Uranium Injected Shells/Bullets , explode on contact (grenade affect)
<a compound of 2 chemicals uranium and a unknown one , when launched the chemicals mix and causes an reaction , when it hits the target it explodes>

lol thought i'd have a go lol

Dirus
14-09-05, 22:11
I don't know Dirus in person, nor have i ever talked to him

If only you knew ;)

Also Daishi's job has changed ' Supervisor of the Game Master Team' this a promotion also or changed for Drius to move up?

I head up the North American side of the GameMasters now. SnowCrash is the Chief, tho he deals with mainly just the European side of things. Afaik, Daishi is moving to the Technical Administration side of things, i.e. the irc server, and forums that are used by the GM's.

Xeno LARD
14-09-05, 22:20
Love the nailgun.
Now gimmie a rare version or just a tl 80ish one and i'll be one sexy pistol pushing people around!

DARK_Overfiend
14-09-05, 22:22
what is the IRC for neocron btw the official one

DARK_Overfiend
14-09-05, 22:26
lol

*hit* 2 damage*
*moves Afk player slightly to left*
*continues to Hit*
*player now heading towards Next Zone line*
:lol:

Asurmen Spec Op
14-09-05, 22:48
If only you knew ;)

I head up the North American side of the GameMasters now. SnowCrash is the Chief, tho he deals with mainly just the European side of things. Afaik, Daishi is moving to the Technical Administration side of things, i.e. the irc server, and forums that are used by the GM's.
extra sex for your promo <3

Dirus
14-09-05, 22:50
what is the IRC for neocron btw the official one

There isn't one. Not a publicly accessable one anyway.

DARK_Overfiend
14-09-05, 22:58
lol

get in there son i ur into that kinda Sh!t.

but stay away from the rest of us.

giga191
14-09-05, 23:21
With the NCs graphics it's strange that our FPSs are so low. Might be because of the all the calculations eating up processor power. Is something going to be changed so that this upgrade doesn't kill our FPS?

Dirus
14-09-05, 23:45
lol

get in there son i ur into that kinda Sh!t.

but stay away from the rest of us.

wha? o_O

jini
15-09-05, 07:18
I really do feel like what you describe, but this is more due to start a full leveling cycle once again, rather than game atmosphere. In NC1 we never had or known about LEs, as soon as we made the nib we took off LE.

@cmaster and the nailgun: The nailgun i sweird. Cmaster is right it looks like a victorian styled handweapon like and Arch or something, but with the addition of a cheap pump for bikes/cars from Parktiker lol. Come on make it better, you can do it

Nvidia
15-09-05, 07:21
Weapon models look bitchin'. http://forum.neocron.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

Please tell me they're going to look that detailed when you put them in-game? Pretty please? :D

DARK_Overfiend
15-09-05, 07:43
probally near enuf but not same due them being made in a High definition Quality program for making images and the current game engine to make near close to those but not identicals.:lol: :cool:

Demental
15-09-05, 11:11
I like the grenade launcher, but hate the nailgun. I just <3 the old nail gun too much

MrTrip
15-09-05, 11:18
wha? o_O

He wants your man chowder Dirus... :(

The nade launcher looks like a badass shotgun.... :lol:

Wileyz
15-09-05, 14:08
are they goin to make more models of more weapons yeh?

Tratos
15-09-05, 16:56
Couple Quick (ok, maybe not :p ) Question on NC 2.1,
In the planfile it said that NC 2.1 would be introduced in a few large patches across a 2-3 month shedule which would bring us to the end of November, early December - a great NC christmas present :p - is there a shedule in place for these patches/packages to be released? In what form will they come, will we download some beefy patches over the next 2-3 months but only see the new content at the end of this with a patch at the end of the process or will we see Neocron 2 in a transition phase with the game gradually changing over the 2-3 months?

Photcron
15-09-05, 17:06
NadeLauncher = :)
Nail = :(

--
Photcron

Tostino
15-09-05, 17:09
I hope that they are all patches that will give somthing new. And not like have a patch just for puting in the backbone for the new vegitation and stuff like that.

lince
15-09-05, 21:22
I think it will be great....lets all be postive about this.

Transformer
15-09-05, 22:46
i sense a rare nail pistol coming.....ewww the poison stacks is gonna be fun.

DARK_Overfiend
15-09-05, 23:03
New guy shouts
*Poison Resists Tester Here , 10 creds for testing*

People line up.

lol

optiplex
16-09-05, 01:21
If anything fix the character models first then go to the acessories(guns)

NEW GRAPHICS GAME ENGINE TOO!

darkservent
17-09-05, 00:14
If anything fix the character models first then go to the acessories(guns)

NEW GRAPHICS GAME ENGINE TOO!

Optiplex???? sheeeeep clan??? Do I know youuuu

optiplex
17-09-05, 11:22
lol ohh yeaaa i made the sheep clan. the ducks go moo and cows go quack. HA!

it was SHEEr Perfection SHEEP

darkservent
17-09-05, 11:33
lol ohh yeaaa i made the sheep clan. the ducks go moo and cows go quack. HA!

it was SHEEr Perfection SHEEP

Duddddddddddddddddeeeeeeee when did you get back?

Oh just to say on topic those weapons are 1337 got any more improvments on others?

DARK_Overfiend
17-09-05, 14:29
*in

stupid keyboard miss types letters, when im touch typin like hell.

Jagrfelm
17-09-05, 14:51
Well, the Nailgun looks kinda like a sawed off Shotgun in Size. And the GL should be a bit "bulkier". But if the Details in game are the Same or near to the Pics, its great. Different GFX would be even better. I mean, all Plasma Waves and Cannons look the Same for example. Even some minor Changes would be cool, dont you think?

Nidhogg
17-09-05, 16:08
Stay on topic, please.

N

imper1um
17-09-05, 16:42
No new game engine. The existing game engine is capable of displaying those textures (possibly not exactly the same - they are obviously renders after all).

N
See, that's the thing. I hate that this is a DirectX 7 Build running DirectX 9. It's about friggon time you guys used the DX9 Capibilities. :p

Hell-demon
17-09-05, 23:22
why is KK implement stuff that is the last thing on our minds. We're still waiting for some areas of Nc to get the proper textures. Not to mention bug fixes, hacknet work, player model fixes and other content.

Tell me is it just those weapons that are getting a makeover or are just going to add content thats half done as usual? O_o

sorry for negativity but if it aint broke then don't fix it

lince
18-09-05, 10:47
As far as i can see its a COMPLETE graphics upgrade to include vegetation.

Elle

Hell-demon
18-09-05, 11:13
I can sleep well knowing we have vegetation :)

Because clearly bug fixes are nothing compared to new trees O_o

I'm sure KK will be fixes bugs along the way but at the same time new vegetation is not going to make game play value better. It's just resources put into the wrong thing :(

Tickles
18-09-05, 11:19
The graphics department are hardly going to be working on getting rid of bugs are they... :rolleyes:

Hell-demon
18-09-05, 11:40
No but the coders have to implement this stuff

msdong
18-09-05, 12:02
No but the coders have to implement this stuff

hmm, i think that everyone will profit from an upgrade ot the engine. better (lookin) guns, maybe better FPS in crowded zone because of updated GFX funktions ...
don't forget that bugfixin and upgrading GFX processen can lower the chances of Fatals and mem Leaks. Yes it can be the other way around but i think NC gets better step by step.

Nidhogg
18-09-05, 14:24
The graphics engine was stepped up for NC2 and is capable of far higher texture resolutions than in NC1. The textures themselves were mostly carried forward though which is why it's not immediately noticable. Initiatives like this and the vegetation update are all about maximising the experience by taking advantage of the new engine. You see, the engine changes themselves have already been done.

N

Tratos
18-09-05, 14:28
Nid, any chance of answering these from earlier in the thread? a simple 'no idea' will be apprechiated if you dont actualy know, heh

Couple Quick (ok, maybe not :p ) Question on NC 2.1,
In the planfile it said that NC 2.1 would be introduced in a few large patches across a 2-3 month shedule which would bring us to the end of November, early December - a great NC christmas present :p - is there a shedule in place for these patches/packages to be released? In what form will they come, will we download some beefy patches over the next 2-3 months but only see the new content at the end of this with a patch at the end of the process or will we see Neocron 2 in a transition phase with the game gradually changing over the 2-3 months?

Nidhogg
18-09-05, 14:46
I don't know, but I'll try and find out.

N