PDA

View Full Version : Neptune trade skilling, whats that?

MrTrip
13-09-05, 00:28
Thats the general question...theres like zip trade skillers.

When I finally found one in DoY (omgosh!) he told me to fuck off, that he would not make monk stuff.

I have to ask, is ANYBODY making trade skill characters in DoY? And would anybody contact me in game on Nikole and do some jobs for me?

Nobody responds in Trade, and when they do, they are all in NC. :(

I see Anti-City on Neptune barely making it...

eprodigy
13-09-05, 00:43
when i was on during peak hours there seemed to be a lot :confused:

MrTrip
13-09-05, 01:01
I'm on now....there are none that will respond to me.

numb
13-09-05, 01:27
I tradeskill (res/const) but I'm NC. I spent some time offering my services but people generally tip much less than I ever would. I see people requesting services now but I never bother to respond because I make shit loads more cash doing my own thing killing mobs. EG I did someone a research job the other day, I made them 24 cubes, it required 1.5 big packs of ress substance and took me 5-10 minutes and the tip I got was 10k, the substance came to around 8k so I spent 10 minutes earning 2k, it's crap. Some are worse, some are better than that but overall it doesnt seem worth it.

People think just because they dont have much cash they can tip less. Personally I am paying the same price in tips to people as I did on terra. I had 9k on me earlier after buying loads of stuff I needed yet I still spent 6k of that tipping a poker (at 2k a poke).

vashtyphoon78
13-09-05, 01:29
good for the tradeskiller that told you to fuck off =) give him a cookie :p

Judge
13-09-05, 01:39
With the tradeskill situation I think that you're going to have to wait a small time for the server to mature enough so that people can offer worthwhile tips... as much as you may feel that you need to tip at the Terra rate, Neptune is not Terra, people don't have the vast stocks of money or the mechanisms in place for fast credits. Plus with the accelerated XP you're moving up levels faster than you can afford to buy new weapons, so the money just isn't there for Terra sized tips.

Glok
13-09-05, 01:53
Just wondering, is tradeskilling XP boosted also? Once I get around to logging in again, I'll be cloning my Terra trader on Neptune.

IceStorm
13-09-05, 04:53
Why do you need a tradeskiller, especially if you're a Monk? Store-bought spells have plenty of quality to be usable for leveling.

If you want a constructor for post-cap builds, why don't you make a Droner, cap him, then LoM him over to res/cst?

vashtyphoon78
13-09-05, 06:10
at ice: most of us dont like using 1 of our 2 slots on a trader, and we dont have multi accounts like SOMEONE *Cough Cough Icestorm*

hegemon
13-09-05, 06:22
Simple. You get what you pay for. Since noone is paying for tradeskillers, noone is tradeskilling. How complicated can it get? I have a decent tradeskiller, I never bother logging him in because it's just not worth wasting my time.

"Need researcher" or "Need constructor" are two phrases that roughly translate to "Want some sucker to waste a lot of time and a lot of cash to do something that I'm going to insult him for.". Because people tip insultingly low. And not having cubes for a researcher is an insult. And not having your own lube is an insult. And making the tradeskiller wait is an insult.

Try saying this: "Need researcher, have cubes, lube and paying 50k." or "Need constructor, tipping 100k". Then maybe the tradeskiller situation will change. TANSTAAFL

Nvidia
13-09-05, 06:23
at ice: most of us dont like using 1 of our 2 slots on a trader, and we dont have multi accounts like SOMEONE *Cough Cough Icestorm*

So you're attacking IceStorm's obvious monetary success with his ability to be able to afford more than one account on a server?

I dunno why you're giving him shit for it - he's pretty much the only person I've ever seen use more than one account for helping others. Every time I've seen him online he's been out doing things for other people on his tradeskill characters when no one else can be assed to spend the fifteen minutes to help someone besides themselves out. He'll log across four different characters to help you out, and if that is what he uses his multiple accounts for, he's a Saint to Neocron. :)

IceStorm is by far, the nicest guy I've ever had the opportunity of dealing with/playing along side in my entire Neocron history. He built my my very first weapon - a 3-slot Phorphor-modded TAR. Allll the way back when I had no clue how the tradeskill/construction system worked. He showed me what implants were (LMAO), that there was a greater armor set than Kevlar 1, and that there were better weapons to be using on a spy than a fucking claw. :D

God damn, those were the days, huh Ice? ;)

Glok
13-09-05, 07:07
If you want a constructor for post-cap builds, why don't you make a Droner, cap him, then LoM him over to res/cst?I dunno about others, but I hate LoMing so much that I refuse to level a char with the intention of LoMing it later, I would much rather take 10x as long to level than mess around with those damn things. I do use them, but only to tweak.

eprodigy
13-09-05, 07:12
neptune lomming is easy though

IceStorm
13-09-05, 07:15
most of us dont like using 1 of our 2 slots on a trader,Well, if MOST of you feel this way then perhaps you can see how pointless it is to come here and ask for tradeskillers on Neptune? It's a real chicken-egg problem.

And he has a friend. One slot out of four isn't much to ask for (not that I'm advocating account sharing).
and we dont have multi accounts like SOMEONEI unfortunately had four chars I really liked on Pluto. I didn't want to lose them and KK didn't give me much of a choice as to ways to save them.
Simple. You get what you pay for. Since noone is paying for tradeskillers, noone is tradeskilling. How complicated can it get? It's not even that. Anyone who knows NC inside and out is powerleveling chars to PvP, not tradeskilling. Money runs like water when leveling. I know I started my main as a Droner in order to get leveled up so I could convert over to a clone of my all-role from Pluto/Terra. Even if I put substantial time into the endeavor I'm looking at two weeks of leveling a single char, minimum. That doens't take into account all the other faction chars needed to obtain tradeskill-required items like an SS and gloves.

The best bet is for CLANS to build tradeskillers and hire them out. Even that will take time.
God damn, those were the days, huh Ice?Yeah, that's part of why I'm thinking of spending time on Neptune. Killing a 4/4 and getting a stack of loot that's worth something is so old school. It's been three years since I bootstrapped a char from scratch on a new server.

MrTrip
13-09-05, 07:27
I just started a droner, but shes really pissing me off...

It is post-cap spells, and I will get anything I need to get to have it all built, but still nobody is around to even OFFER to do it, let alone do it.

Kallima
13-09-05, 07:31
well if you need a researcher i got one

direct either:

Night Hibiscus
or
Strawberry Poptart

(thiwwy might be on hibiscus every once in awhile :p)

Bugs Gunny
13-09-05, 10:36
Well, once i do two more epics on my pe i'm starting up a res-cst-poke-rep-pilot again. He'll be loged off in my main fighting char's appartement with gogo in the hallway. Then i have a safe place to poke myself up after dying.

numb
13-09-05, 11:07
I've had no trouble levelling on my res/const droner, I might Lom his RCL/WPL out later but currently he has 140 const (with glove) and 130 research (without glove). That's enough for me because I dont intend to use rares on my pvp char. Money is not that hard to come by when you are out hunting - especially if you find a quiet spot - you just have to put the work in. I can manage to obtain quite a lot of creds on my droner and he rarely even loots the mobs, I mean how long really would it take for people to earn a few extra k to tip a trade skiller properly?

Xylaz
13-09-05, 11:27
Remove LE from the server and you'll have one all around (barter cst poke rep rec vhc) tradeskiller on neptune and another one with ress.
Also, KK would have one more account active as well...

Torq
13-09-05, 15:29
hey, my resser won't ress any PPU stuff aswell.......
but if u need a resser for something else... just ask in the channels :rolleyes:

Scanner Darkly
13-09-05, 15:51
Should have a capped cster/resser/repper up and running in a day or two: "Ubi Quitous"

netster
13-09-05, 16:03
i're planing to do a pure tradeskiller tomorrow, when i're back home... u'll hear me at TechHeaven thought.

Bugs Gunny
13-09-05, 16:47
If anyone runs into Missing Pieces, that's my tradeskiller, and she doesn't do anything for ppus, so no blessed stuff or holy stuff.

Exioce
13-09-05, 16:50
i think i ought to make a PPU tradeskiller and flood the market with PPU spells, if only to piss people off. after all, pissing people off is the point of a PvP server, right? :D

Kierz
13-09-05, 17:18
good for the tradeskiller that told you to fuck off =) give him a cookie :p
rofl, i think that was me :>>

@post maker: monks aren't wanted so don't expect many to tradeskill for you, make a different class then you'll see how many tradeskillers there are

eprodigy
14-09-05, 00:59
yeah that's a good idea. nobody tradeskill for monks (PPUS)

Mechanicus
14-09-05, 01:02
i'll be making a tradeskiller that only tradeskills for monks

oh and too bad its piss easy to cap a monk off shopbought spells

eprodigy
14-09-05, 01:06
just fyi anyone, its not worth wasting your time responding to this guy ^^