PDA

View Full Version : Would KK ever do somthing like this?

Tostino
12-09-05, 21:41
First off I would like to say that KK are doing a good job with bug fixes.
But I don't think that bug fixes is all we need to keep people playing this game.

I was thinking about having KK host competitions on the forums every 2 weeks or so for new player models, a new hud, remaking gun models, Even stuff like a new world map and new crosshairs would be good.

Personaly I don't have any artistic skill but I know that others in the community do.

How KK could implement it is to keep all the stuff we have already, more choices are aloways good! But just add them in patches. We already have commands to change our hud color in game. So KK could just put in commands for every thing they patch in that should have a few to chose from. Like your HUD and World map and crosshair.

I would love to know if KK were open to somthing like this where they ask for people to make the stuff and at the end they have a vote on which ones should go through to be in game.

Edit: This way it's not a 3rd party mod since KK can keep an eye on what is going through. So then we still get the coustom stuff, but without the risk of leting people cheat.

QuakCow
12-09-05, 21:48
sounds cool, but i dont think theyd go for it :(

would be freaking awesome if they did though

Tratos
12-09-05, 23:14
There was a bit of upheaval about community assistance a few months ago, i believe Nid gave an answer that currently KK dont have the man power to oversee this as although it requires less effort from KK making stuff, it still needs to be added to the game. It was also said that it could still happen down the line.

Something like that, however im all for it :) :D

Mr Friendly
12-09-05, 23:54
a new set of crosshairs would take a GM how long (yes thats a question).

within half a day someone could do about 4-8 diff crosshairs. Add the new crosshair code to the in-game command, like the Neocron launcher had for the diff colored huds u could make & change to em t anytime in-game. same with a crosshair.

just pointin out it would only take a day...2 at most...or just have a simple 5 day competition for ppl to make some crosshairs as tost suggested & just use those...

Asurmen Spec Op
13-09-05, 00:05
I belive they should.

KK:
I know you dont like modding and that is utterly understandable, but why not alow a competition? not only to save you time but to let some of the modders get their kicks, just but some agreements and shit saying that its yours etc etc..

Ill give you head if ya do

vashtyphoon78
13-09-05, 00:06
personally id like to have the old NLPro crosshair back =( KK give NLPro acess to the liscenns for there minor modifacation! =/

MrTrip
13-09-05, 00:08
I miss Neocron Launcher Pro a lot, it had awesome features, and none of it was cheating....

NNLauncher really sucks... (Neocron Network Launcher)

Its winamp controls are command based, and yeah...it just sucks mmkay?

Tratos
13-09-05, 00:11
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=127027&highlight=skining+competition

Last know thread about this i think.

Mr Friendly
13-09-05, 01:14
i just want my old crosshair back ='(

http://www.fang-us.com/files/crosshair.bmp

dont make us protest, u know we will ;)
http://www.fang-us.com/images/burningman8c47.gif

Morganth
13-09-05, 15:47
I miss Neocron Launcher Pro a lot, it had awesome features, and none of it was cheating....

NLPro wasn't the problem. I believe it was ItemGFX.exe that caused KK to get uptight about modding NC, because it could be used for things other than what it was designed for. Won't say anymore though ;)