PDA

View Full Version : Neptune LEs

AltonMoney
12-09-05, 16:43
So we finally have Neptune, and I love it. A lot of people have moved over there, and the population is higher than we have seen on any server since the retail releases. Thanks to everyone!
Yes, its "uber hardcore pvp"...and yet... 99% of the server is using a law enforcer. So, we have an "uber hardcore pvp" server, and NOBODY IS PVPING. I realize that without any law enforcers at all, there is a risk for those who pure tradeskill. But get some protection, its part of the server. Something needs to be done about the LE issue and although there are other options that have been suggested, they would most likely require a seperate patch for the server which we can't have. Removal/disabling it is the most simple solution. Its hardcore right? Make it that way.

Maruso
12-09-05, 16:48
The most ppl are lvling atm.. w8 up some days 'til they're capped

maruso

Bugs Gunny
12-09-05, 16:50
Lol, you impatient little man. You're allready kos for being that way :-)

Give it a few more days when people are capped and equiped and you won't be able to go anywhere without being shot. It's going to be a true post apoc anarchy world where you rely on your friends and trust noone else......

AltonMoney
12-09-05, 16:56

Give it a few more days when people are capped and equiped and you won't be able to go anywhere without being shot. It's going to be a true post apoc anarchy world where you rely on your friends and trust noone else......

Missing the point guys. I'm not worried that there wont be pvp. Sure there will when everyone is capped. but having LEs on the server defeats the purpose of having it. Thats what I'm getting at.

Matthew.v.smith
12-09-05, 17:00
I do think LE's are a bit silly on a PVP server, that's why I pulled mine, now if only it was possible to get a decent weapon lol.

M.

Durandal|AI
12-09-05, 17:06
XXXx: Poking TL115 at TH

XXXx barrels both Genreps

isnt it great PvP?

Obsidian X
12-09-05, 17:17
XXXx: Poking TL115 at TH

XXXx barrels both Genreps

isnt it great PvP?

Has that actually happened yet? Not been on Neptune myself... O_o

[VP]Orion
12-09-05, 17:44
All of this would have been easily solved by removing the LEs and have ONE SINGLE safezone for the tradeskillers. But I dont know if they can set the server up like that (and some people are just totally against safezones since then theres one place where they cant grief on people).

giga191
12-09-05, 17:52
People would never fight unless there is 100% chance that they will just rip the enemy apart (gank). That's why they are so scared to take their LE out

hegemon
12-09-05, 17:54
Neptune was supposed to be the server with the experienced players who want to pvp. Right now it's the server where everyone has an LE and asks "where do I buy ammo"-type of questions. It's ridiculous.

Nullvoid
12-09-05, 18:01
Because for most of them, the thought of having an uber hardcore pvp server far outweighs the reality of it. I imagine 95% of those with the le in currently won't pull it until they are completely capped and equipped...and even then they'll probably have a nice buttplug to follow them around, or will cluster in large groups so as to ensure they can gank whoever they run into.

Shenyu Reza
12-09-05, 18:02
I've take off my LE with Miss Bulma lvl 2, i've been pked a lots of time... now for them i'm a noob (cuz they've killed me lvl 20/40)

Hey men now i'm capped !!! Cmon without ppu :D !!

Xylaz
12-09-05, 18:05
some of us were hoping for PVP server - not LE server...

...which is the reason some of us dont play anymore

RogerRamjet
12-09-05, 18:29
some of us were hoping for PVP server - not LE server...

...which is the reason some of us dont play anymore

Imagine the joys of getting pked all day as a 0/2.

LiL T
12-09-05, 18:30
So we finally have Neptune, and I love it. A lot of people have moved over there, and the population is higher than we have seen on any server since the retail releases. Thanks to everyone!
Yes, its "uber hardcore pvp"...and yet... 99% of the server is using a law enforcer. So, we have an "uber hardcore pvp" server, and NOBODY IS PVPING. I realize that without any law enforcers at all, there is a risk for those who pure tradeskill. But get some protection, its part of the server. Something needs to be done about the LE issue and although there are other options that have been suggested, they would most likely require a seperate patch for the server which we can't have. Removal/disabling it is the most simple solution. Its hardcore right? Make it that way.

Good point and I'll be riping mine out tonight even if I'm no where near in a state to survive, I got my rifle but thats about it ^^. I sense some gankings comming my way =/

Richard Angelus
12-09-05, 18:33
yeah, it's a bit stange to play on a PvP Server and around 80% of the population wears a LE 8|
I took out my LE (on pure trader, APU) after the first 2-5 ups (i hate the LE XP bug :D )...
now I'm around /15 with both chars and never was killed (until yet)

I thinks it's more interesting to have some risk while leveling up

/Edit: ok, a single char (same faction) shot at me once (not killed me)....but he didn't do i again.....
I was hiding behind a Crahn Guard for around 1-2 min after he shot at me :lol:

/Edit2: I saw just 4-5 ppl without LE yet :wtf:

retr0n
12-09-05, 18:36
On saturday me and a friend wanted to get some noobie action, we saw that
Neptune was close ot 30% while terra being 10%-ish. So we made two chars,
ripped our LEs out and went to plaza to check out the normal leveling spots.
In about 6 or 7 hours, being in almost all city zones, we saw only one guy that
wasnt LEd.

If it's going to be "hardcore" then it should be so from the get go.

Terayon
12-09-05, 18:42
ONE SINGLE safezone

Noooo no safe zones. Even one zoneline to a safezone will ruin it.

Also my le has been out for 2 days now and ive yet to find someoen to fight.... exept a pe who ran away.... :(

Xylaz
12-09-05, 19:14

yeah i can imagine that pretty well - and it would be the reason enough for me to start playing again.

imagine a 0/2 noobs who start at mc5 and fight each other for equipment...
imagine all those noob fights in aggie cellars, noob clans etc.
imagine people who would have balls to trade without LE in...

i had great plans concerning pvp server, i was hoping to be one of the few all-around tradeskillers on neptune... i was hoping for some good noobie actions (low, mid lvl weapons would actually had some use then)... i was hoping for a challenge...

and now its just another boring server: lvl with LE till u cap, stick with warzones so u wont loose anything, have LE tradeskiller alt so u dont need anyone and of course, just in case, always bring your friend ppu with you to be sure you always win. Sorry but i refuse to play this game in such way...

where's the difference? i saw it all on the other servers...

there are 3 kinds of safezones in this game - unfortunately KK took out only one which in the end will only strengthen the value of others: LE chip and PPU plug. It did already as far as i can see.

Asurmen Spec Op
12-09-05, 19:20
I agree with alton, if you people are hardcore pvpers why the LE?

after all you boast you can kill with a TL 10 gun, do it

LiL T
12-09-05, 20:14
Absolutely < spelling NO SAFEZONES befor anyone starts FFS the HQ's being warzones is bad enough but still at least you can run in there and finnish them. I really don't think KK can remove the LE chip without removing it from all servers =/ but I'm all for its removal in some form.

I really don't know where to start on this server, I don't exactly want to be going around PKing anyone randomly, since it will label me as very bad and KOS. The whole point of this server is total freedom and having the players and there clans inforce the Law, if you go around killing 0/2 noobs of allied factions you are going to be hated. No one will trade skill for you poking/constructing/ressing you will have to do it your self or its tough sh*t and you will waste away once people have killed you enough times.

I hope those that want to play the role of a killer do it with style, like a real mugger and stalk your selected victims and I also hope some anti pk clans pop up :D

Asurmen Spec Op
12-09-05, 20:24
Right, must make anarchistic tradeskiller for all my murder buds :p

FarSight
12-09-05, 23:29

I remember in NC1 b4 when LED ppl need to have more lvls and skills to use same equipment (eg: Assault Rifle for LED DEX 35, R-C 60 and for LE out DEX 30 R-C 50 of coz thats fake numbers i dont remember exact ones) everybody and his dog were removed LE @ 0/2 and we all leveled our chars (yes i died more because of noob actions but i looted 6 sloted Nailgun from ColDfuZion Backpack !!... btw killed him with my uber 3 slotted Archer ) but i played on Neptune @ NC1 B4 (one slot server) and on one slot server after some noob action looser will not log xx/55 alt to punish you.

My thoughs .... fuck 2 slots make 1 slots and remove LE completly (or make 1 [ONE] zone in each nc/doy/mb/th where LE works .. so you can have LE in but it works only i that zones ... make for it new zones (i dont want any existing zone to be safe zone like p1 or CC) call them mall's and all tradeskillers will stick their chars there with LE in) s ounled ppl will be able to kill each other there but not to kill LED one (you bought last imp you mother&^%$$&* .. flatlined :D)

[TgR]KILLER
12-09-05, 23:36
I agree with alton, if you people are hardcore pvpers why the LE?

i ain't only reason i play on neptune is because terra been boring me for ages and i can level up pretty fast on neptune. my char is almost pure tradeskiller with around 70 poke cst and ress and 50 rec and around tl 110 rep.

aint gonna take her le out because why the hell should i i can't kill only get killed were is the fun in that ?

edit. before somebody jumps on it i leveled all my chars on terra from /2 without le i never use the le. but on the pvp server i aint got alot of choice without safezones to work in i need the le so i can work without getting ganked all the time.

Mr Friendly
12-09-05, 23:38
The most ppl are lvling atm.. w8 up some days 'til they're capped

maruso

exactly duh

server just was released what 2-3 days ago? everyone's gettin a char lvld & capped, then tryin to get their items etc. patience

Lifewaster
12-09-05, 23:40
The LEs and half the zones being warzones with no belt drops made the whole thing seem kinda pointless.

Mr Friendly
12-09-05, 23:49
The LEs and half the zones being warzones with no belt drops made the whole thing seem kinda pointless.

all zones of the city, besides the HQ, aggie pit, SL regens quick, MB back to being full anarchy mode, TH back to being anarchy mode....i dont see where ur implying its 1/2 warzones...unless ur saying everyone PKs in warzones?..@_@
MB, NC city zones, TH will become the main PK spots. imho

Lifewaster
13-09-05, 00:10
all zones of the city, besides the HQ, aggie pit, SL regens quick, MB back to being full anarchy mode, TH back to being anarchy mode....i dont see where ur implying its 1/2 warzones...unless ur saying everyone PKs in warzones?..@_@
MB, NC city zones, TH will become the main PK spots. imho

Well most certainly everyone OP fights in warzones, what I had hoped was that no safe slot and belt drops everywhere would mean much less monks . Its still gonna be the same, 5 slot apus and ppus all over the op fights.

I guess TH and MB will be abit more interesting if they dont turn into GR camps.

Asurmen Spec Op
13-09-05, 00:21
Well most certainly everyone OP fights in warzones, what I had hoped was that no safe slot and belt drops everywhere would mean much less monks . Its still gonna be the same, 5 slot apus and ppus all over the op fights.

I guess TH and MB will be abit more interesting if they dont turn into GR camps.
maybe if you guys stoped being monks instead of saying theres no cure something would change

vashtyphoon78
13-09-05, 00:28
Missing the point guys. I'm not worried that there wont be pvp. Sure there will when everyone is capped. but having LEs on the server defeats the purpose of having it. Thats what I'm getting at.
Then we would have a bunch of noobs going around Pwning all the newbs trying to level in aggys and stuff. the LEs stay i think. theres to many n00bs that would go around and kill all the real newbs that are trying to level.

Asurmen Spec Op
13-09-05, 00:30
better yet, whos the dumbass who wanted to make a pvp server for a pvp game? this aint wow and were not pussies

MrTrip
13-09-05, 00:33
I happen to like the pvp server...

I am keeping my LE in until I am fully capped, as many people hate monks, and will do anything to prevent us from getting anywhere.....

All though I have never seen a server so full of LE'ed people in my life O_o

eprodigy
13-09-05, 00:46
main problem atm theres a lot of brand new players on there.. the help is the noobest place ive seen on any server

Asurmen Spec Op
13-09-05, 00:46
I happen to like the pvp server...
All though I have never seen a server so full of LE'ed people in my life O_o

do you have any IDEA what you just said!?
HOW CAN YOU PEOPLE BE PKERS IF YOUR TO GOD DAMN SCARED TO PULL OUT YOUR NIB STICK!?

what happened to saturn and yanking it at 0/2!?

WTF!?

numb
13-09-05, 01:12
HOW CAN YOU PEOPLE BE PKERS IF YOUR TO GOD DAMN SCARED TO PULL OUT YOUR NIB STICK!?

WTF!?

I agree about the LE inclusion being a poor idea but back when people were pulling out their LEs at that level there were the restrictions on what items you could use (or later on people were mainly clanned). There is no restriction now and because everyone on the server seems to have adopted the LE until cap it seems like if you pull your LE out at the start, the only people who you will be fighting will be capped or near capped and you will be bloody lucky out damaging their tl3 heals at low level.

IMO Combat chars at least should be PvP from the word go. It's a bit late to change that now so it's just a matter of waiting until the majority have pulled them out.

Just like it seems to be too late now for KK to remove high level spells unless they want to piss off all the ppus who've spent their cash on them or spent the time collecting those rare parts. You cant do that without some form of compensation so that whole idea is out the window imo.

MrTrip
13-09-05, 01:23

WTF!?

There were safe zones, people left newbies alone to level, and the overall asshole population was 6%.

On the PVP server, the overall asshole population is reaching 70%, with people daring other people to pull LE's, people camping CRP GR for non LE'ed people to GR in, and AOE them, and non LE'ed capped players running around newbie leveling areas to gank them....

Judge
13-09-05, 01:46
Fuck this shit, just pulled the LE out of my 5/15 Melee Tank. Only got a bit of time, due to RL constraints so the uber XP is very inviting on Neptune and I'll stick with what the PvP server should be about. :p

Although if I get ganked too much (considering I was un-Le'd on saturn for all of my leveling life on Drikie, so my expectation of "too much" is pretty damn high) I may have to put it back in just to allow some kind of leveling.. :(

Oh, btw any CA clans around yet? Not seen any yet myself.

Nikabolokov
13-09-05, 03:14
As an old player , thinking of returning, I find it highly amusing that some of the people who were crying out for a hardcore server are now using the LE.

The LE needs to removed on the PvP server, or whats the difference? faster rate of levelling? why , if you have the LE in you can take all the time in the world to level.

If its as bad as people are telling me, I'm not coming back, not to have fools talk smack with their LE in.

vashtyphoon78
13-09-05, 03:22
i think there should be a gun that instantly smashes your LE =D

Terayon
13-09-05, 03:28
better yet, whos the dumbass who wanted to make a pvp server for a pvp game?

I dont know. Probaby some moron who thought zone whoreing wasent fun. :rolleyes:

eprodigy
13-09-05, 03:56
I dont know. Probaby some moron who thought zone whoreing wasent fun. :rolleyes:
most reason people zone whore is because people do lame things like fighting with a PPU or in huge numbers vs 1-2 people. no safezones is just mean the server is going to cater to that sort of 'pvp', especially with more risk. personally i dont sync 'whore' i just run into one and GR away, leave those type to have fun 'fighting' no one.

( i mean there is the 'bad' kind too, where someone who sucks jsut drags a fight out forever by syncing so much )

Mr Friendly
13-09-05, 04:00

WTF!?

honestly, im gunna go ahead & say this for everyone reading this thread & quote ur title. stfu & gtfo. taking ur LE out when the server is brand new & every single person is lvling a char, if not both, does not show ur a badass, just a sad attempt to make ppl think u are a badass. & better yet, a better explanation would be lets see how long u even get a look at a PKers face whos using a TL55 plasma cannon on u while ur lvlin. ur con & armor isnt speccd for pvp. honestly, i think ur just a nib ganker tbh.

kkz?

Asurmen Spec Op
13-09-05, 04:05
kinky.

I dont care if you admit that its not badass, but I hear all these badass PKers saying how much they pwn so they go to a pvp server and hide behind godmode till they are caped, while they were whining about the LE on terra.

Hell, if you whine about something dont use it

Mr Friendly
13-09-05, 04:14
kinky.

I dont care if you admit that its not badass, but I hear all these badass PKers saying how much they pwn so they go to a pvp server and hide behind godmode till they are caped, while they were whining about the LE on terra.

Hell, if you whine about something dont use it

& so u admit someone's a woose cuz they dont take their LE out till capped?

sure nib wars would be fun, but i dont feel like loosin the only wep i have when im poor as hell cuz the cash gain is still the same. u gotta learn when to draw the line cuz i havent heard of any of these smack talkers u speak of. just play the game tbh. server just started. when i start my 2nd char yea his LE's gunna be out, why? cuz ill have a capped alt who has plenty of cash to get his weps, armor, etc

takin out ur LE early especially at this time of the server just startin doesnt make u 1337 or a badass, makes u a dumbass. Its why i PKd ppl like you who had ur LE out. 3/4 of every person out there WILL pk someone much lower lvl than them. why? because they can, simply put. i PKd to make them put it back in, so they wouldnt have to go through the griefing & possible new players quitting the game.

Asurmen Spec Op
13-09-05, 04:25
& so u admit someone's a woose cuz they dont take their LE out till capped?
no... I said that the people who claim to be badass who dont take them out.

Hell, if you admit you need the LE im ok, I think its wrong for a pvp server to have LEs, Im just pissed that people who bitched about LEs on terra are now pulling the same stunt.

ZoVoS
13-09-05, 04:36
we need a place that u have to zone in but u can only genrep out for a safe zone then totaly remove le's then they cant zone hore n they cant complain theres nowhere safe to trade

p.s. every server i play i have yanked my le at 0/2 n i plan to to it on neptune also

Asurmen Spec Op
13-09-05, 04:41
we need a place that u have to zone in but u can only genrep out for a safe zone then totaly remove le's then they cant zone hore n they cant complain theres nowhere safe to trade

p.s. every server i play i have yanked my le at 0/2 n i plan to to it on neptune also

this is why I love you tbh

Mr Friendly
13-09-05, 04:51
Hell, if you admit you need the LE im ok, I think its wrong for a pvp server to have LEs, Im just pissed that people who bitched about LEs on terra are now pulling the same stunt.

its not a need, its a want, xp gain is like 3x better & cash gain is still the same. i was usin a store bought TL20 pistol all the way till lvl 38, when i finally had enough cash to buy my new wep, get it BPd, & get all the parts for it. do i feel like gettin randomly ganked somewhere to lose possibly my wep i just got built to go through it all over again & delay my lvling by a few hours? h3ll no. cuz nomatter my skill, im not settin up con against PvP weps lol, all atl, hlt, & startin to put some in por for caves. so ye im gunna die against neone that gets the jump on me.

hell, i was lvl 41 str at the MB bunker & still only had my default boots for armor cuz i still hadnt had cash to get em @_@ now i got 2 extra pieces last night =/.

possibly somthin that should be done definently with neptune is to up the cash gain by about 1.7x?

saves on the death genrep costs
another reason that supports why this early with not having any other char on the server its best to keep the LE in. or else its gunna take u a while to lvl. dieing 3 times trying to get to MB in 3 diff places cuz of long ass agro range with spiderbots, dropped me from about 8k to 0nc

ZoVoS
13-09-05, 04:52
tbh who gives a fuck if ur ganked at 0/2

big woop i belted my leather amour i recycled, no i wont come back for my belt thanks ill go into teh deepest recesses of the bloody outzone where u (insert evil 0/2 noob ganker here) will never find me n if u do ill nail gun u n hide like a coward n u beeing so tesosteron filled will cry like a baby when u cant find me.

genrepping takes a second if u have a brain in ur head u will have tagged enough out of the way genreps to always have sumwhere safe to lvl in privacy.

p.s. if u dont wana lose money invest it wisely :D saves on the death genrep costs

pps weapons are easy to find, dun ask me how i just always have a weapon to use

IceStorm
13-09-05, 05:04
I made chars on Neptune specifically because they left the LE in, so it's not all bad. :-)

Asurmen Spec Op
13-09-05, 05:17
Hm I started a little bit of a fire :/

vashtyphoon78
13-09-05, 05:36
tbh who gives a fuck if ur ganked at 0/2

big woop i belted my leather amour i recycled, no i wont come back for my belt thanks ill go into teh deepest recesses of the bloody outzone where u (insert evil 0/2 noob ganker here) will never find me n if u do ill nail gun u n hide like a coward n u beeing so tesosteron filled will cry like a baby when u cant find me.

to use

Zovoz most of the time u dont drop shit armor. and usually its ur fucking PA or uber imp or fuckin rare gun.

ZoVoS
13-09-05, 05:48
ok first of i was talking about being ganked as a noob when ur trying to lvl BUT

A... if u have power amour YOU REALY SHOULDNT HAVE A LE IN AT THAT FUCKING LVL

B... IF U HAVE A RARE WEAPON YOU SHOULDNT HAVE A LE IN AT THAT LVL

C... if u have both of the above u shodnt die, the only time death should happen is if u get a para spam n ur drugs dont kick in fast enough to run from gankers or to kill ppl in a decent fight.

tanks should have runspead to get away form anybody, spys have stealth pe's have stealth apus kill stuf ppus are godlike, so in a unfair fight when ur outnumbered and out gunned u can run

everybody can run if they want carry 3-4 speed drugs n u should never die, the likely hood is the noobs following u will fatal on zoning anyway

i go no prob running when im totaly out numbered, but when its a fair fight u should fight it out n if u die n belt ur stuf, so what its only a game, dont take long to get it back

fighting is the main part of the game why play if u dont plan to fight... its fun to agro big crouds of ppl n see how far u can run before u are droped, even better is to see one break away form the croud n u drop em n then agro another person to come kill u,

n theres plently of places to lvl n hunt un argroed by other players

p.s. if all else fails n ur still a coward, make friends n move in crouds, its a cyber punk game, playing a lone runner may be all well n fun but if u come across a bunch of friends n ur on ur own maby belting ur 120 cs will teach u to find ur own friends

Mr Friendly
13-09-05, 07:50
ok first of i was talking about being ganked as a noob when ur trying to lvl BUT

A... if u have power amour YOU REALY SHOULDNT HAVE A LE IN AT THAT FUCKING LVL

B... IF U HAVE A RARE WEAPON YOU SHOULDNT HAVE A LE IN AT THAT LVL

C... if u have both of the above u shodnt die, the only time death should happen is if u get a para spam n ur drugs dont kick in fast enough to run from gankers or to kill ppl in a decent fight.

tanks should have runspead to get away form anybody, spys have stealth pe's have stealth apus kill stuf ppus are godlike, so in a unfair fight when ur outnumbered and out gunned u can run

everybody can run if they want carry 3-4 speed drugs n u should never die, the likely hood is the noobs following u will fatal on zoning anyway

i go no prob running when im totaly out numbered, but when its a fair fight u should fight it out n if u die n belt ur stuf, so what its only a game, dont take long to get it back

fighting is the main part of the game why play if u dont plan to fight... its fun to agro big crouds of ppl n see how far u can run before u are droped, even better is to see one break away form the croud n u drop em n then agro another person to come kill u,

n theres plently of places to lvl n hunt un argroed by other players

p.s. if all else fails n ur still a coward, make friends n move in crouds, its a cyber punk game, playing a lone runner may be all well n fun but if u come across a bunch of friends n ur on ur own maby belting ur 120 cs will teach u to find ur own friends
ur not understanding. when ur jumped no matter ur lvl, the enemy is gunna get in at least 2 bursts of his wep before u begin to run, unless ur a paranoid skitzofraniak however u spell it. & in 2 bursts u will lose a good chunk of health, which 1/2 the time will break ur legs. & once u begin running he'll hit u with 2 more most likely, so if the first 2 hits didnt break ur legs, even better chance the next 2 will. as ur lvling, not healing just dmging the mob etc. givin about 2 secs from switching to the stealth tool to use it, a spy will even get hit by at least 5 bursts. ive watched multiple times a pe or spy die even when they immidiately switched to stealth when they got hit, but didnt live long enough to use it.

its probability that keeps me from taking my LE out. that & i believe in a thing called bad luck =/

DARK_Overfiend
13-09-05, 09:17
ONE SINGLE safezone to whoever said it

Unless their after one Safezone not in DOY or NC , some place like Th or MB or Old TG Canyon to be safezoned so people can go have meet, chat, congregate, b4 the Slaying
Starts , a place to afk.

overall doesnt matter to me.

they should remove GR Costs if its a pvp server cos people can get to place to place without the worry of money.
PVP server

Lol is hacknet disabled or do u expect Virtual DeathMatch as well for the hackers....

Problem with the server being Deathmatch... well no one knows who to trust, so LE's will prolly be in for the lower lvls till capped or fully prepared for an all out War

Nikabolokov
13-09-05, 12:20
That settles it. I'm not coming back.Mods can close this account as I dont play or pay any more.

Toxen
13-09-05, 13:30
Rofl Half of you are just FPS freaks that want the abilitiy to overpower someone half your skill level, the other half are hypocrites, KK gave you wat you asked for, yet still you whine.

Remove LE's from neptune say bye bye to alot of hardcore pure traders, the economy would collapse followed by everyone running around with store bought items, much fun when it takes you half an hour to kill one damm pe.

Simplist answer, which could probably be done on neptune, up the LE reimplant req to rank 50, but make LE's pop like other imps, traders are very unlikely to get killed, where as those out leveling pvm style will eventually get killed while above rank 50 LE pops can't go back in badda ping welcome to pvp world, this ensures that everyones of a similar rank thats pvping.

Bugs Gunny
13-09-05, 13:40
Just remove the rares from netpune, and the holy line of spells from monks. It will be a lot more fun for real pvp.

supa X
13-09-05, 13:42
KK remove LE from neptune its pvp server WTF

Bugs Gunny
13-09-05, 13:47
Supa x, let me guess:

You are a capped pandora player with rares and spare armor etc, who wants to go for some easy kills while terrans, mercurians and martians are leveling up?

supa X
13-09-05, 13:50
I dont play neptune i think its rules are not pvp rules belts, LEs...

Toxen
13-09-05, 13:51
Bugs has got it spot on remove the high end stuff the rares, the FSM's restore vendors to more what they were like in NC no smuggler crap, make everything availiable easily to everyone, All those aspects such as FSM and FDB's are ROLEPLAY aspects and don't belong on a pvp server, remove the need for traders from neptune, and you really remove any need for the LE in the first place and they can then be removed from the server.

numb
13-09-05, 13:55
I dont play neptune i think its rules are not pvp rules belts, LEs...

What they've done with the belts is perfect. There is no hack requirement you know?

supa X
13-09-05, 14:04
I meant 1st belt slot open, anyway haking a belt during pvp is cool but they removed it lol... The first thing for me on pvp server is no LE its just my point of view.

nobby
13-09-05, 14:06
I saw a big battle of 6 people in plaza 2 yesterday...though i'd wait till mid next week if you want more people to take their LE's out...

Though i remember when they first said about the neptune server of NC1...They were gonna remove the LE!

Bugs Gunny
13-09-05, 14:06
Just imgine a 0/2 trying to level and gain cash when the leveling spots are camped by capped chars who kill you. You die, gr to somewhere. Oh no a gr camper, dead again. End up with no items left, 100/ si and no cash... Gotta love it.

nobby
13-09-05, 14:07
Then you learn to stick together and make friends....then you go and ******** them!

Scanner Darkly
13-09-05, 14:10
People have LEs in because they havent got all their equipment yet - that's the reason mine is in yet.

Do you really want to fight me with my wasteland eagle? pew pew pew etc

Bugs Gunny
13-09-05, 14:10
A rank 30/30 with a good weapon will tear 6 lvl 10's to shreds.

nobby
13-09-05, 14:11
Ill remove my LE when they decide to turn their PVP server into a REAL PVP SERVER!

Getting rares is a pain in the arse!

Xylaz
13-09-05, 15:48
Just imgine a 0/2 trying to level and gain cash when the leveling spots are camped by capped chars who kill you. You die, gr to somewhere. Oh no a gr camper, dead again. End up with no items left, 100/ si and no cash... Gotta love it.

yeah sounds fun, i'm up for the challenge, wheres the rest?

Clobber
13-09-05, 17:14
Make it so the le doesnt work when u reach say lvl 30 or 40. And make more stuff drop in the quick belt not just one bloody item.

Seven
13-09-05, 17:33
Bugs has got it spot on remove the high end stuff the rares, the FSM's restore vendors to more what they were like in NC no smuggler crap, make everything availiable easily to everyone, All those aspects such as FSM and FDB's are ROLEPLAY aspects and don't belong on a pvp server, remove the need for traders from neptune, and you really remove any need for the LE in the first place and they can then be removed from the server.

Agreed! Why does logic cease to exist in KK's decisions?? :lol:

Shenyu Reza
13-09-05, 17:53
LE was mainly for tradeskillers...

Matthew.v.smith
13-09-05, 19:46

i'll second that

Scanner Darkly
13-09-05, 20:15
Yes I like all these ideas - just surprised everyone is so prissy about LEs. It makes me giggle like a madman tbh...

DARK_Overfiend
13-09-05, 22:50
Rofl Half of you are just FPS freaks that want the abilitiy to overpower someone half your skill level, the other half are hypocrites, KK gave you wat you asked for, yet still you whine.
well im non of those so lol
i didnt even know we was havin a Pvp Server till i saw the posts on sunday after i bought BDOY on cd. i dont know whats happend between now and January when my Account got cancelld

eprodigy
14-09-05, 00:55
actually i dont really see what reason there is to remove LE's.. killing 0/2's leveling really isnt as fun as it sounds. let them level up and they'll pull the le (or they wouldnt be on a pvp server)

one reason i guess is to stop all these actual new players from playing on it as they are now.

ZoVoS
14-09-05, 02:51
this is a cyber punk game if i see anybody i asume there going to shoot me unless i know them, my bidnings are to the number pad with a medikit n a speed drug bound to 7 and 9 (on my tank) usualy this gives u the edge to get around a corner crouch n blast teh hell out of them as they come around the corner to follow u, this works less in teh wastelands where its wide open spaces, but if im in the waste im never withough a vhc or hell im just asking to die. im alwatys buffed when running around n usualy have a heal going, if im on a spy or a pe i always have my stealth tool out because i dont like suprises

bascialy we need to devolve the game to a state of nc1 beta with no rares (oviously withough the godlike hybrids)

Asurmen Spec Op
14-09-05, 03:19
yeah sounds fun, i'm up for the challenge, wheres the rest?
Im LEless, I went AFK in plaza for 2hours, no un LEd play, even caped chars have LEs still

:rolleyes:

ZoVoS
14-09-05, 03:30
Im LEless, I went AFK in plaza for 2hours, no un LEd play, even caped chars have LEs still

:rolleyes:

tel mun on terra ud have found atleast one person who would have res killed u over and over :p

Asurmen Spec Op
14-09-05, 03:33
tel mun on terra ud have found atleast one person who would have res killed u over and over :p
oh god youd get my ratmeat!

QuakCow
14-09-05, 04:21
my lowbie apu on neptune is unLE ...but ive so much practice avoiding others from my spy i dont run into much conflict :lol:

in any case, before anyone goes off on me for being a monk i dont plan on ever accepting ppu support

Nullvoid
14-09-05, 12:17
Could the LE possibly be changed so it doesn't remove a player from PvP, instead it just gives the person a secure QB(ie no items in there drop)? I'm only thinking in terms of the Neptune server here.

Losing the brain slot would be enough to ensure no capped players keep it in, but we retain a hardcore feeling to the server as any player can be killed right from the word go.

edit- the initial mc5 area could be a secure zone to prevent needless ganking.

BombShell
14-09-05, 16:51

really bugs,, really. i can only hope its true :D

AltonMoney
14-09-05, 16:56

No Joke. Thats why there can't even be a single safe zone. Zone whoring in even one place would ruin the server.

ZoVoS
14-09-05, 17:36
hey ass dont knock rat meat =] its saved me from them evil muties many a time as a lowbie tank to stupid to cast heal n to lazi to buy a medipack =P

*edit* there should be one safe zone way WAY of from normal places that u never realy have to go, where zone hore's can go to fight eachother in peace and harmony :P leaving the rest of us to frag eachother =D

kk have to think about all its coustomers now :P

eprodigy
15-09-05, 00:47
no safezones + no ppus = sex sex..

no safezones + ppus = monkgankfest woooo

vashtyphoon78
15-09-05, 01:24
Lol oh i dunno i can find some interesting places to park my droner to kami the shit outta people :angel:

DARK_Overfiend
15-09-05, 07:35
in NC or DOY some where high on ledges people usually dont go on.

*uses Stealth <infinate time, till deactivated> shots drone , explodes ppl wonder where the hell it came from*

lol;)

Plight
15-09-05, 08:59
If your gonna have LE on a PvP server, you might as well just have everyone have the option to choose to start with a fully capped char :rolleyes:

DARK_Overfiend
15-09-05, 09:05
and just let people , make their money for new weapons and armour, meds etc ,

and with full set of Skill points to select the stuff u want nice but wudnt happen lol

optiplex
15-09-05, 09:19
imagine if you didnt drop implants -_- that would be so much better you can drop gear and weapons not implants.

Original monk
15-09-05, 09:19
A rank 30/30 with a good weapon will tear 6 lvl 10's to shreds.

possible yes ... but nathan profit tried in beta4 and got pwned by me and max jefferson, he's poisongasflamer sold for 15k on trade :)

DARK_Overfiend
15-09-05, 09:33
every monk h8s it when * ah fook dropped my psi core*

same with other class's that drop they're bonus chip

E. Cryton
15-09-05, 09:54
what do u expect ? that everyone pops out his le and start fighting ? at first everyone want to cap the char without getting pked all the time ..
as long as i'm not capped or ready for pvp i'll keep my le in.

Bugs Gunny
15-09-05, 10:09
What makes me roll on the floor laughing is that the man who keeps crying for all le's to be removed is the guy that has a capped ppu who plays 24/7 butplug for a certain tank.
The very FIRST spell used is parashock......

I honestly don't understand why these people go on the pvp server.

If neptune gets as badly infested with ppus as terra was, i'm seriously going to roll an apu or ppu and persuade fireproof to roll the counterpart and we'll go harvest us some monk spells.

Clobber
15-09-05, 14:38
What makes me roll on the floor laughing is that the man who keeps crying for all le's to be removed is the guy that has a capped ppu who plays 24/7 butplug for a certain tank.
The very FIRST spell used is parashock......

I honestly don't understand why these people go on the pvp server.

If neptune gets as badly infested with ppus as terra was, i'm seriously going to roll an apu or ppu and persuade fireproof to roll the counterpart and we'll go harvest us some monk spells.

Yeah ppu's suck, but I guess people like Alton are thinking about the op war scene and there clan. Pk'n get boring after a bit, cron is all about op fighting for most.

You know whats goin be as annoying as ppu's, the 347809809 stealth whoring pe's we have on the server. So many pe's on this server I wonder how many would be around if they didnt have the godmode switch.

Bugs Gunny
15-09-05, 14:41
If ppus are removed from the server i'll gladly give up the stealthtool on my pe.

Dargeshaad
15-09-05, 14:45
If ppus are removed from the server i'll gladly give up the stealthtool on my pe.
Add para to that and I'll second it :p

Nasher
15-09-05, 15:00
They should remove the LEs, then should add some kind of check that flags you for pvp as soon as you put any points into a combat subskill. That way you can safely make pure tradeskill characters and not have to worry about getting wasted and it won't hurt the pvp aspect of the server :)

Cyberstorm
15-09-05, 15:43
why u gont wait a few more days?

atm there are many LE user, yeah, but everybody how he likes.

so, all you guys, who flame here, why i dont see you without LE on Neptune ?Oo

Dargeshaad
15-09-05, 16:06
why u gont wait a few more days?

atm there are many LE user, yeah, but everybody how he likes.

so, all you guys, who flame here, why i dont see you without LE on Neptune ?Oo
I'm there, but noone to fight even if you announce you're looking for a fight :mad:

Cyberstorm
15-09-05, 16:14
never seen u, im running in NC/TH/DOY the whole time.

i allways see the same peoble, mostly PEs or a Tank-PPU-team... (no names :P )

Bugs Gunny
15-09-05, 16:21
Funny thing about the tank-ppu team is they'll have to keep running together for the rest of their lives on neptune. They're allready known enough to be kos to a lot of people, and from what i've seen they wouldn't last long solo.

Torq
15-09-05, 16:31
as i am a lazy person, i did not read te hole thread... but I think LEs are important for tradera, as there is not a single savezone... where shall I ress stuff for people??? Plaza 1 with all those mad allypkin' PEs around??? nope, that's nothing for my....

I suggest to turn TH back to savzone at least sector 2. So all traders would have a save spot and everybody would know, where to go for his imp/cst/rep/res/rec after that remove LE completely... but make chars < /30 not dropping anything after been killed.

Xylaz
15-09-05, 16:40
paraphrasing your sig:
are u strong enough to trade without a safezone or LE in? Do u have skills (brain actually, but nvm) which would allow you to survive without coward's chip?

Obviously not... in such case, neptune is probably not for you, you should go back to normal servers... but unfortunately, due to KK fuckup, such people can play neptune - even more - they want to keep their LE, safezones, ppus and hell knows what more - on a supposed 'hardcore' server...

Bugs Gunny
15-09-05, 16:46
I honestly don't see the problem with le'd tradeskillers.
Nor with led's leveling up.

Xylaz
15-09-05, 16:54
I honestly don't see the problem with le'd tradeskillers.
Nor with led's leveling up.

i've explained this in the other thread about neptune changes. Though i wont be beating the dead horse over and over again - i'll wait instead :/

Nikabolokov
15-09-05, 16:58
I'll flog it then.

PvP should be from the word go, not when you feel strong enough or have capped or have finally have that 'rare' weapon.