PDA

View Full Version : Can we get a coder to...

retr0n
12-09-05, 00:49
To put in like 2 hours a week in fixing a bunch of small things messed up and/or missing?

Sure, big bugs come first, but I mean, I have to restart NC every few hours
because of mem (depending on how many times I zone etc) but every damn time
I kill a mob I wish there was a "Destroy All" button next to the take all.

And why is "Retreive Backpack" still around since we got auto shit now? Also, as
I understand it, we pay an automatic fee upon gring after death in order to get
our stuff back? Then please make it so you dont pay if you dont actually have
a single item on you.

And why is resist psi still around?

Could someone please put in an hour or two every week in order to "polish the surface".
And if the surface is all polished up and shiny then just skip it and work on the
other bigger problems.

MrTrip
12-09-05, 00:53
:wtf: ......I....have to give this props....yes.

naimex
12-09-05, 00:56
To put in like 2 hours a week in fixing a bunch of small things messed up and/or missing?

You should send them to the bugs at neocron email.

Sure, big bugs come first, but I mean, I have to restart NC every few hours
because of mem (depending on how many times I zone etc) but every damn time
I kill a mob I wish there was a "Destroy All" button next to the take all.

Try playing on an overloaded laptop with less than a gig of free hdd space.. when I get into the game, im already down to 60 mb free memory....

When I´m on my stationairy, which is without a heart at the moment, I have 4 gigs free memory when i enter...

A world of difference..

But it has shown me a nice thing about neocron.... if you have enough free mem, it just keeps loading in and removing a long time ahead of the place you are going to be... but if you dont have enough free, it has to load new in and remove the old every time you take 3 steps...

And why is "Retreive Backpack" still around since we got auto shit now? Also, as
I understand it, we pay an automatic fee upon gring after death in order to get
our stuff back? Then please make it so you dont pay if you dont actually have
a single item on you.

Think I read somewhere that it was a very low priority thing to remove that, but it might just have been one of my dreams.

And why is resist psi still around?

Lots of people have guessed on that, and tried many times to find some sort of use for it, in some way..

They have all failed, and that was explained a long time ago when a KK person wrote that it was useless at the given time...

So my guess is that they´re keeping it in, hoping to find a proper use for it, and a way to make it work without screwing anything up.

imper1um
12-09-05, 06:01
They should make it so that you cannot put points in Resist PSI, so newbs don't get confuzzled.

msdong
12-09-05, 06:58
i dont like the destroy all button since im still a fan of use stuff and u take away a form of moneymaking for noobs.

sultana
12-09-05, 07:38
i dont like the destroy all button since im still a fan of use stuff and u take away a form of moneymaking for noobs.
Still, over the past few days I've been levelling on Neptune, I've gotten 90% of my fatals when looting a mob O_o

[VP]Orion
12-09-05, 10:27
My opionion is that its obviously better to fix the big bugs before bothering with these small things that doesnt really make a difference. And since they have a coder working only on fixing bugs and noone working on fixing small things like this, I guess KK have the same opionion as me.

numb
12-09-05, 10:32
They should make it so that you cannot put points in Resist PSI, so newbs don't get confuzzled.

Yeah. They should at least make it so the default PSI allocation on quite a few of the professions isnt Resist-Psi! If you forget to change that, it'll mean a lom for sure later on.

retr0n
12-09-05, 11:21
All i'm saying is, if you put 39 hours a week instead of 40 into solving the "big bugs" (random numbers)
it's not going to make a huge difference, while there are a bunch of small things
that could take up to an hour to do.

The thing with this game right now is that there are alot of "half assed" unfinished
stuff dragging around for an eternety because they are not on the top priority
list. Some say they are not important, but they are to me, they contribute to
the overall feeling of the game, and right now alot of stuff feels "unpolished".

How hard can it be to simply remove resist psi from the hud? Surely it shouldnt
take more then an hour, and if it does then there is something wrong with the
current system. It's been there for ages and ages and never used.

About the destroy all, I simply meant to destroy them to put less stress on the
database, but it might aswell be a "drop all" button for all I care, as long as
you dont have to drag every item manually. That solution right there could
save ppl loads of times & frustration, atleast it would for me.

I am all for "big bugs come first" and all of that, because it's the way things
should be, but you must also polish the surface even if there is a load of crap
under the carpet.

Scanner Darkly
12-09-05, 15:12
Nevermind...

Vae Victis
12-09-05, 15:39
Still, over the past few days I've been levelling on Neptune, I've gotten 90% of my fatals when looting a mob O_oThat honestly isn't KK's fault :p
the mob thinks; OHNOZ it's crunchy, better crash the system now. *crash*
crunchy thinks "onoez another fatal, damn mob, Im never looting you again"

Argent
12-09-05, 16:55
"Recycle all" button would rock my socks off as well.

[VP]Orion
12-09-05, 17:39
"Recycle all" button would rock my socks off as well.
And an autoplay button too I guess? ;)

Tesee
12-09-05, 17:45
/set kill_mob_on_aim 1
:rolleyes:

Hell-demon
12-09-05, 18:52
Pe Lip Bug For Fucks Sake!

Tostino
12-09-05, 20:30
I like that KK are fixing the big bugs. But I do think that if they just made the game look more finished by doing all the little stuff first, I think that is time better spent atm. It doesn't matter to the old players if Resist Psi is still in game beacuse we know better. But to a noob that is starting out and puting points in it only to find out later that he will need to take them out and spend alot of cash to buy the loms (hey loms for a noob is not easy ;)).

Then when all this little shit is fixed then they could get back to fixing the big stuff like FREs, netcode, syncing and stuff like that.

ZoVoS
13-09-05, 05:04
like making walls when u zone from one place to another look the same instead of having different textures

[VP]Orion
13-09-05, 09:54
like making walls when u zone from one place to another look the same instead of having different textures
Thats nothing the coders do though. Its the art department. They are abit busy with updating textures and making new grass for the Evo 2.1 now, but history have shown that the art department usually have more extra time than the coders. So they might fix this sometime. Hmm, it might even already be planned for Evo 2.1, who knows?

DARK_Overfiend
13-09-05, 10:05
Naimex
I know the feeling and many others who can afford a pimped out pc/lappy on memory wise.

The feeling of getting your 60+ Fps even when moving through High Graphical detaild world.
And being able to not lagg when in a intense fight. Until Damm FFS Fatald agen kinda thing usual thing you say on Ventrilo/TS2