PDA

View Full Version : [BRAINPORT] Secondary/Alternate Attack

-FN-
09-09-05, 22:40
Alrighty Devs, I have another one for ya :P

For most people, left click is attack and right click is use. How about, when you have a weapon equipped, right click becomes "Alternate Attack" as it is in many other FPS games.

- When you have a Melee Weapon out, left click will swipe as it does now, and right click will do more of a lunge/forceful blow which will do up to 2x the damage of a single left click hit, but will take 3x the frequency allow you swing again.

Ex.

LEFT (Swipe) = 35 Damage
LEFT (Swipe) = 31 Damage
LEFT (Swipe) = 39 Damage
LEFT (Swipe) = 34 Damage
RIGHT (Lunge) = 61 Damage
WAIT ...
WAIT ...
LEFT (Swipe) = 31 Damage

- When you have a Pistol out, left click will fire as it does now, and right click will do a pistol-whip if the player is within melee range. I'm not sure how damage would be calculated with this... some games would count it as tremendous force damage, some games would make it barely scratch. Perhaps make the locational damage exponential here - Pistol Whip in the head will hurt like hell, but one to the chest wouldn't be so bad... But two things would be for sure:

A) If you're out of ammo and you're desperate you have an alternate attack.
B) Using this alternate attack would take a big chuck off of your weapon's condition!

- When you have Rifle out, left click will fire as it does now, and right click will use the butt of the rifle and swing it out at the enemy doing a great deal of force damage. Again, this would completely reset your reticle and do a lot of damage to the condition of your weapon.

- When you have a Heavy Weapon out, left click will fire as it does now, and right click will use the weapon in a bludgeoning motion. Again, force damage and lost of condition loss.

Monks don't get an alternate attack and neither do Droners. They're both already overpowered ;)

Hell-demon
09-09-05, 23:17
weapon system is okay as it is I think.

Then again a nice block feature when using a melee weapon would be a goodalternative button feature :)

Scanner Darkly
10-09-05, 06:01
I like how your idea works for melee users, but not the other weapons classes.

If there was a secondary attack for pc/rc/hc I would welcome something that builds up a big charge in the weapon and causes a double damage/fires double the amout of bullets and whatnot, with the appropriate time penalty and perhaps increased weapon wear...(I think this would be problematic with current weapon models/animations tho).

I think your idea is interesting and would make for some funny finishing moves in duels, but it might also take a lot of work to animate these moves...

e: also akimbo pistols? ^^

weapon system is okay as it is I think.

Then again a nice block feature when using a melee weapon would be a goodalternative button feature :)

The force is strong in this one!one one one So we see our "lightsabres" reflecting shots from HeLi now? :D

CMaster
10-09-05, 13:03
Some games would feel better with secondary fire. SOme wouldn't - At the moment, I feel NC wouldn't especially if all it was was the rather dull ones you describe.

naimex
10-09-05, 13:44
i for one like to be able to right click people and do actions on them from the menu, without smashing them to bits just cuz I have a weapon out.

paolo escobar
10-09-05, 16:33
Ur talking about melee attacks, so how much melee is gonna have to be spec'd to cap the alt attack?

NONpk
10-09-05, 17:26
Welcome to Counterstrikecron 2.1 :p

Nice idea but difficult to patch it into neocron without bugs/exploits

[VP]Orion
10-09-05, 17:47
Cant really say I think the idea would fit that well into NC (or even that I like it).

Ideas are always good though. Well done FN