PDA

View Full Version : Mini ppr missions

Mechanicus
09-09-05, 03:44
is there a guide for each of these? (the pro/anticity ones especially)

Asurmen Spec Op
09-09-05, 04:51
O_o you need a guide when it tells you exeactly what to do?

WHAT DO YOU NEED GPS!?

Superbron
09-09-05, 08:25
where do you start the mini-quest btw?

imper1um
09-09-05, 08:34
NCPD or TG Canyon :p

Scanner Darkly
09-09-05, 13:11
I and a friend did our anti mission the other week - worked like a dream with a rhino - just don't hang around and waste time and you'll be fine...

yes RHINO...

Brammers
09-09-05, 13:19
I and a friend did our anti mission the other week - worked like a dream with a rhino - just don't hang around and waste time and you'll be fine...

yes RHINO...

Yeap, just don't hang around. Kill and go, don't bother looting them. On my APU with no PPU or Rhino the quest took me the best part of 8 hours.

You start the quest in the TG Canyon HQ, and the quest goes something like this:-

Kill 35 Doomies
Get intel report from C10 (Zone south of Foster)
Kill 50 Warbots

Nullvoid
09-09-05, 13:23
Using that spot in i_10 to get warbots works quite well since they spawn pretty consistently. Although, every time a titan appears you'll curse.

Argent
09-09-05, 13:32
The doomie part was soloable on apu, obviously same goes for the warbots, it'll even be faster than the doomies-part propably.

Scanner Darkly
09-09-05, 13:32
I started sweating a bit when we were in I-10. We had the most godawful spawns ever (they seemed to have been toned down when the mission was introduced anyway), but this was just a joke. We left the zone a couple of times and then things seemed to pick up.

The warbots took a long time, just because of the low spawnrate. Firemobs were a breeze and we did loot those

IceStorm
09-09-05, 14:43
is there a guide for each of these?The 131 Patch Notes (http://cp.neocron.com/5/patchnotes?id=98&lang=eng&) tells you just about where to start each of the three quests.
The warbots took a long time, just because of the low spawnrate. Firemobs were a breeze and we did loot those.I had a completely backwards experience. The first time I tried to do the DoY quest, I managed to kill only eight Doomreapers in about two hours because I couldn't find any. Then I touched the Hurler King rock and inadvertently cancelled the quest. :-/

The second time, I killed all 35 Doomreapers in about five hours by cleaning out E_13, then moving out to other zones. I didn't kill more than a handful of Grim Reapers as they take too long to kill. I was using a 146% Damage/240% Aiming Healing Light (I don't cap the HL) with regular ammo since the Light mod was worse than using regular ammo.

Warbots were a joke. 50 warbots in less than four hours. You don't have to kill them in I_09, so I went to J_02 and had a field day. I looted every Warbot kill as well. I wiped out Titans just to get them out of the way to loot the Warbots and ended up with three new remains for trophies without even trying. :-)

Mechanicus
09-09-05, 14:49
is the anti one timed or do you have as much time as you need?

IceStorm
09-09-05, 14:50
is the anti one timed or do you have as much time as you need?It says 4 days for each kill batch, but I know the sun rose and set more than four times while doing the missions.

NC doesn't count time when you're logged out. I've done missions with hours-long timers after logging out for over 18 hours.

Torq
09-09-05, 17:26
yeah, the "Canyon Challange" is really fun, but it's much better then the NCPD Special Unit - Run, as u can't talk to the NPC at all. So "mini resis" are just stories for the inhabitants of NC :rolleyes:

Scanner Darkly
09-09-05, 19:18
I was under the impression you could only kill the WBs in i10 - but what you say makes more sense.

If you want a good Doomie spawning zone PM me...

TimonX
10-09-05, 02:19
What are the rewards btw? pro is a NCPD resistor chip?.. what is anti?

eprodigy
10-09-05, 02:35
same thing different name.. freedom force CPU or something, same for CM

CMaster
10-09-05, 02:47
Shame the pro mission doest work atm...

Sgt. Pepper
10-09-05, 05:37
freedom fighters cpu (is anti's reward)...

it's the same thing, just got an different name

dunno the name of the CM Chip, but this one has faction requiremt, NCPD CPU and Freedom Fighters CPU doesn't

Photcron
10-09-05, 06:24
Would that mean it's possible to stack the NCPD and Freedom Force CPU's? :o (not that it would be practical, I think, actually, shoot let me see :o)

--
Phot

eprodigy
10-09-05, 08:30
yes, the pro and anti dont have any faction/side requirement. the CM one does have a CM requirement (engine restriction apparently; faction requirements can work but not 'side' requirements). so you could stack all 3 if you're CM.. ive seen people with 2 in though. possibly effective with a low TL pe/spy or a xbow pe/spy...

ROZZER187
10-09-05, 13:18
well...... i had the ncpd cpu. ff cpu, moveon cpu and proto cpu in my TS rifle pe and i capped the dmg and frequency. so yes you can setup a low tech pe nicely. also stick a str booster in for good measure and pop some beast :D

TimonX
12-09-05, 16:56
I tryed to accept the mission yesterday but the NPC said I was too low rank. I'm 70/53 hybrid :). So what lvl do I have to be?

Obsidian X
12-09-05, 17:16
I tryed to accept the mission yesterday but the NPC said I was too low rank. I'm 70/53 hybrid :). So what lvl do I have to be?

Skill rank **/55 (excluding imps/drugs and PA bonii)