PDA

View Full Version : Patch #146 Facts

SnowCrash
08-09-05, 15:03
Please use this thread to report problems with the patches.

Any other form of comments, discussion etc belongs into the Discussionthread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=128151)

Obsidian X
08-09-05, 15:14
Protopharm HQ is a safezone on Neptune.. :wtf:

Edit: Come to think of it, I think all safezones are still in place on Neptune, Plaza 1 for example...

Toilet-Duck
08-09-05, 15:24
Protopharm HQ is a safezone on Neptune.. :wtf:

Edit: Come to think of it, I think all safezones are still in place on Neptune, Plaza 1 for example...

What he said ^^

naimex
08-09-05, 15:52
Quoting self from other thread:

For those that havent noticed yet:

Areas like Plaza 1 may say that itīs a safezone... but itīs not.

that safeslot, may look like a safeslot, but since there is no safeslot, then you can rest assured, itīs not safe.

Itīs merely the graphics and texts from normal servers, that are still being told and shown to you.

Toilet-Duck
08-09-05, 16:04
I tried to draw my weapon out in plaza 1 and it said "drop that weapon" and couldnt draw it out :confused: .

naimex
08-09-05, 16:05
I tried to draw my weapon out in plaza 1 and it said "drop that weapon" and couldnt draw it out :confused: .

see the other thread, just posted an image.

Toilet-Duck
08-09-05, 16:09
AH guess they have changed it now :D

naimex
08-09-05, 16:11
AH guess they have changed it now :D

nope, apparently not..

just tried logging on with my other account, and i cant draw gun in plaza 1 or headquarters there..

So guess itīs 50/50 if you can pull out guns or not.

vashtyphoon78
08-09-05, 16:36
:lol: oh great get blasted and not being able to pull your gun out

Toxen
08-09-05, 20:06
Some sneaky trophy icon changes in that patch :)

Anyway.

Chaos Lieutenant Trophy, the icons shouldn't have a red mob as the mob is white. Same for the model im sure the art dept can take five minutes out from designing a new bush.

Marsh Suarus Trophy still needs to be renamed to marsh warrior trophy and needs the carcass drop mob to change to swamp warrior.

Master Hunter scripts needs to be updated to reflect the relevant changes of the past few patchs, ie some things have been swaped around and that theres no long giant raptor trophies and that long necked mutants don't exist.

giga191
08-09-05, 20:07
Haven't 50/50 synched since the patch. Or are we only supposed to report bad stuff?

Riddle
08-09-05, 21:58
Previous to patch when i zoned in my chaincraft it stopped.

Now it continues to drive like auto pilot if i don't touch any keys.

No probs zoning or logging in so far WOOT! :D

Brammers
08-09-05, 23:52
When you buy (Say) 20 lom pills at 2026nc's each, instead of saying "You paid 40520nc" it spams your chat window with "You paid 2026nc" 20 times.

Toxen
09-09-05, 00:54
Dunno if this is new but a couple of times now vechials despawned while im on it.

Jolt
09-09-05, 02:36
Spider Queen loot is still bugged and drops a max of two items.

Navray in DoY for drugs doesnt work. (might be old bug)

Echo's what Brammers said about buying multiple items from a vendor, also when you buy very large quantities around 150-175+ it delays a bit untill you have all the bought items in inventory.

Darkana
09-09-05, 07:26
When you buy (Say) 20 lom pills at 2026nc's each, instead of saying "You paid 40520nc" it spams your chat window with "You paid 2026nc" 20 times.That happens with every item stack you buy. 100x res substance? Okay ... *scroll* 249 empty cubes? Sure! *scrooooolllllll* :rolleyes:

Selling stuff seems to work the old way (you get cashed only once).

Heavyporker
09-09-05, 09:18
ohhhh.. shit, fuck yeah. that's so DAMN annoying with the trader spam.

What's just as bad, or worse, is when you SELL multiples of one item. *groans*

QuakCow
09-09-05, 09:43
but..didnt it do that before? i seem to remember getting that from selling bones

Toxen
09-09-05, 10:47
Grim Persecutor Loot bugged in the same as the spider queen loot.

Girian
09-09-05, 12:02
Can't get anywhere with my rhino.
- Tried zoning from DRT to Devereaux, but had the "can't zone, jump out and get resetted to enter-vehicle position".
- Tried the regular relog/synch out and saw the end of the world now instead of bumping into the invisible border/wall.
- Zoned my char and relogged again (waited for synching out of game), got back, zoned twice. Same problem started all over again.
- Repeated the whole process again to get my rhino back in the depot.

So after relogging about 25 times I just quit the game. Also the game ate my memory in a way I have never seen before (usually I get below 100MB free RAM after 2-3 hours, but now I get it every 10 minutes after starting the client, making it virtually impossible to play at all). Again it looks like intended fixes broke the game even more.

Scanner Darkly
09-09-05, 12:37
All the freeze frame problems seem to be gone for me (neptune a couple of multi-hour stretches were problem free).

Also there seem to be a lot more mobsin the wastes on Neptune (and different ones too) than on terra, yay!

Seems like the transition to the PvP server went well, nothing to report...

(although it seems that the dialog script for one of the npcs moved out of CC to another zone was not changed, it still says go find him in CC from what I was told)...

numb
09-09-05, 14:54
My memory leak problems are much worse. I'll need to test this on terra aswell because it may be more related to the fact there are just loads of people in NC now on neptune.

giga191
09-09-05, 16:35
Also there seem to be a lot more mobsin the wastes on Neptune (and different ones too) than on terra most probably because there are 50 eagles in each zone on terra.

Toxen
09-09-05, 17:48
Vultures not eagles..... and that only affects sectors that have been adjusted for the new hoverbot spawns seems they've been moved into the main spawn cycles rather than haveing their own independant one.

-FN-
09-09-05, 18:11
I know it was mentioned, but I just wanted to re-iterate this bug:

I bought 20 RK-1000 Drones yesterday - chat was spammed 20 times and I had 20 unstacked drones in my inventory... You guys seem to have undone some of you stacking work in Patch #138 & #139 :(

giga191
09-09-05, 18:14
I know it was mentioned, but I just wanted to re-iterate this bug:

I bought 20 RK-1000 Drones yesterday - chat was spammed 20 times and I had 20 unstacked drones in my inventory... You guys seem to have undone some of you stacking work in Patch #138 & #139 :( never had any drones that stacked but maybe thats just me

Darkana
09-09-05, 18:50
never had any drones that stacked but maybe thats just meAs long as you bought them in a bulk, they did stack. Infact a good deal of items stacks, if you buy them in a bulk. Problem is, as soon as you pick single items from that bulk they won't get stacked back. Drones are one example. With the recent patch you don't buy the items in a bulk anymore, you buy them all on their own, although automated. This means if you buy 100 Empty Cubes, they get bought one by one, and start stacking up in your inventory again (you can actually watch them piling up). Because drones won't get stacked up again once they are split from a bulk, you will get 100 single drones in your inventory now, instead of one pile with 100 drones.

retr0n
09-09-05, 22:04
As long as you bought them in a bulk, they did stack. Infact a good deal of items stacks, if you buy them in a bulk. Problem is, as soon as you pick single items from that bulk they won't get stacked back. Drones are one example. With the recent patch you don't buy the items in a bulk anymore, you buy them all on their own, although automated. This means if you buy 100 Empty Cubes, they get bought one by one, and start stacking up in your inventory again (you can actually watch them piling up). Because drones won't get stacked up again once they are split from a bulk, you will get 100 single drones in your inventory now, instead of one pile with 100 drones.

As it should be, drones are not meant to stack, otherwise they would "stack back"
as you refer to it.

CMaster
10-09-05, 01:05
"Reza's calling" quest is broke. You can talk to lightfield, and he gives you the normal speil - but he doesnt actually give you the mission in F8, and you cant talk to Moe Wilkins.

Asatru
10-09-05, 10:22
not sure if this is the place, in hacknet on Neptune the xp gain is at the normal rate as on terra, not the accelerated rate outside of hacknet. tested the xp gain on terra and on neptune with new chars and its the same.

Seal

ps not sure if im supposed to put an ingame ticket on this or not.

msdong
10-09-05, 13:08
the last few day i am drivin alot in the wastes and get some range sync problems.
i think its a lot more often that i sync to the reset point,end up in other ppls appartment or just see me running around controlled by other ppl.

Cpl Hicks
10-09-05, 13:11
Ok , since the last patch, i dunno whats happening but i have been getting many many zoning (sync) problems .

Anyways the pvp server rocks :)

Edit : the game is kind of unplayable , because of the sync problems, by the way

Shenyu Reza
10-09-05, 13:45
Patch 144/145, all was right, no synchro, no lag etc...

but now...

Tratos
10-09-05, 14:54
My login problems have gotten alot worse now, i cant log in first go everytime, this seems to be more of a problem on the characters i transfered from Pandore

eprodigy
10-09-05, 18:57
i keep having a bug thats never happened to me; sometimes when i try to GR i get stuck in sync during the GR; and have to ESC and relog, leaving me where i started (at the zone reset point) with SI but not going anywhere. when this does happen it takes me 3-4 tries to get there and by then i have like 60% SI...

mabye not new; but ive never had it before.

Cpl Hicks
10-09-05, 21:08
same as eprodigy

FarSight
10-09-05, 23:00
same here ... when gring and sometimes zoning ... i noticed on alt+f display when zoning that sometimes (when bug strikes and got endless sync) BW value drops to zero (smt like that FPS 60 PING 50 BW 0) then i got black sync screen ......

Hell-demon
11-09-05, 01:52
Okay the new profession Berserker which replaces the title of street samurai is bugged. The description of beserker makes reference to the title of street samurai. Also if your character was a street samurai they are now a beserker BUT when you see a runners details in a terminal it lists their proffession as street samurai not beserker.

Just a liddle thing....

eprodigy
11-09-05, 04:27
oh i didnt notice they changed the title to berserker.. probably more fitting since a melee tank is hardly a samurai ;)

Mechanicus
11-09-05, 04:36
crazy performance issues, many freeze ups that last like 1 second and memory seems to drain at twice the speed

dev also lags me 2x what it did before

Mystic-Crusader
11-09-05, 09:21
Okay the new profession Berserker which replaces the title of street samurai is bugged. The description of beserker makes reference to the title of street samurai. Also if your character was a street samurai they are now a beserker BUT when you see a runners details in a terminal it lists their proffession as street samurai not beserker.

And the rigger is now droner but description says rigger :rolleyes:

Hell-demon
11-09-05, 11:40
Its just a small tweak to the professions and terminals thats all. I think?

eprodigy
11-09-05, 19:36
with terra now having a large french population; i think there should be a HELP-french and HELP-english channel at least, mabye other channels as well (trade).

all i know is; i have to mute help now because so many speaking french it gives me a headache (no offense i just dont know a word of it ;))

Galileo
12-09-05, 16:17
Not sure if this is new or old:

If you don't have the base T-C of a weapon, but buff to it (pistol 1, etc) your weapon doesn't auto reload.

zii
12-09-05, 20:36
with terra now having a large french population; i think there should be a HELP-french and HELP-english channel at least, mabye other channels as well (trade).

all i know is; i have to mute help now because so many speaking french it gives me a headache (no offense i just dont know a word of it ;))

I have to disagree on splitting the trade/help channels into two. It means that we have to monitor more channels. Additionally we have far too many underutilised channels.

Don't worry, you'll get used to subconsciously filtering out the French bits.

FarSight
12-09-05, 23:12
yesterday i leeched sm1 from TH to my app .. i was GRing from TH to my app and sm1 (not willing too) GRed with me lol

DARK_Overfiend
13-09-05, 08:56
ha ha ha.

happend to me once in the past.(nc1 the buggy game, no wait its still buggy now)

same with the elevator , someone in MB went to their app lift typed their app pw in and ended in my app lobby in neocron viarosso.

lol

Brammers
13-09-05, 11:21
Ok, the "Will it stack or not" bug is back.

Constructed vehicle keys, (In this case Scout Gliders) no longer stack.

Also the Tiki Quest is still not working. The starter NPC says "I am heavily busy"

-FN-
13-09-05, 22:51
Mouse Wheel Scrolling does not work in the GR List after you have died.

DARK_Overfiend
13-09-05, 22:58
the list goes on

(btw SXR <Group> has ur site been reset anytime betweeen now and last January cos my account doesnt exist)
aha only just remembered who u are from old NC F**k Nut damm. lol

-FN-
14-09-05, 20:57
Yes, this summer it underwent some overhauling.

Attached is the current status of buying items that USED TO stack.

Buying 10 Drones used to have one purchase price and all 10 Stacked.
Now you have 10 Purchase lines and 10 unstacked drones.

Tratos
14-09-05, 21:03
Im thinking Item Tracking was reactivated for this patch?

Dargeshaad
14-09-05, 21:28
crazy performance issues, many freeze ups that last like 1 second and memory seems to drain at twice the speed

dev also lags me 2x what it did before
I seem to be getting the same thing.... was thinking hmm might have been something i've installed recently, but nope....didn't they fix this the last patch? :wtf:

Darkana
16-09-05, 08:37
Drone bugs ... starting from drones which go to limbo, drones which get spawned like 2 to 3 meters right of me (and thus end up outside of the level depending what is 2 to 3 meters right of me), drones which get spawned at my feet, drones which just not start (but you get the starting sound), to the usual "You failed to use the item for unknown reasons!" everything is possible.

*sigh*

Good thing you need only storebought drones to level ...

[VP]Orion
16-09-05, 12:17
Drone bugs
[...]
to the usual "You failed to use the item for unknown reasons!"

That text was actually put into the game during the drone weeks to prevent a bug from happening. That bug would make you loose a drone but now the text comes up instead as an indicator that you have to move a little bit.

As a general tip, it often works better if you crouch when launching a drone (if your in a somewhat small place).

sultana
16-09-05, 15:36
Shh, that's not a bug.

Darkana
20-09-05, 20:07
Driving in a vehicle, not using autorun/-drive mode, after zoning the vehicle moves on it's own for a certain amount of time. Hitting one of the controls resets the "auto"-state immediately and the vehicle stops.

Asurmen Spec Op
20-09-05, 22:54
drones which just not start (but you get the starting sound), to the usual "You failed to use the item for unknown reasons!" everything is possible.

*sigh*

Those were added in drone theme week and be happy, now if the drone doesnt show up, itll respawn at you in about 1min

Darkana
20-09-05, 23:46
Those were added in drone theme week and be happy, now if the drone doesnt show up, itll respawn at you in about 1minThat's actually not true. These are two different bugs. The "You failed to use the item for unknown reasons!" is a workaround for the drones, which ended up outside of the level. You had control over the drone, but just seeing fog or parts of the level (in the fog). Being outside the level also meant you couldn't move around with your drone nor retrieve it back after you released it. KK "fixed" this bug by showing up this message and not starting the drone.

A similar thing happens if the drone spawns a few meters right of you outside the level.

The other bug is the limbo-bug, where a drone starts into limbo (means you don't get control over it after the start) and it pops out of limbo after some time/by starting a new drone.

Btw. I forgot to mention the 3rd/1st person random mixup (?) after releasing a drone and going into drone mode as well as the viewing angle "disortion" on the avatar after releasing the drone now and then.

To sum it up: The most annoying things are the failed starts (for whatever reason) and this drone start position displacement, which caused a few drones go bye bye off-level.

Asurmen Spec Op
20-09-05, 23:58
That's actually not true. These are two different bugs. The "You failed to use the item for unknown reasons!" is a workaround for the drones, which ended up outside of the level. You had control over the drone, but just seeing fog or parts of the level (in the fog). Being outside the level also meant you couldn't move around with your drone nor retrieve it back after you released it. KK "fixed" this bug by showing up this message and not starting the drone.
Im sorry, I ment those as diferent things, the first where they dont spawn is where they respawn at you in about 1 min
A similar thing happens if the drone spawns a few meters right of you outside the level.
it usually spawns back at you
The other bug is the limbo-bug, where a drone starts into limbo (means you don't get control over it after the start) and it pops out of limbo after some time/by starting a new drone.
never personally had it
Btw. I forgot to mention the 3rd/1st person random mixup (?) after releasing a drone and going into drone mode as well as the viewing angle "disortion" on the avatar after releasing the drone now and then.
old NC1 bug, ALT+E easy fix
To sum it up: The most annoying things are the failed starts (for whatever reason) and this drone start position displacement, which caused a few drones go bye bye off-level.
ok, I put my thoughts in there

Dribble Joy
21-09-05, 14:31
Occationally, I will get a little bit of lag (fps based, not ping) and my screen goes grey, I can still hear all the noises from NC, and can type messages etc. but I have to restart NC (can exit as normal, but with a grey screen).