PDA

View Full Version : [UPDATE] PvP Server and Character Transfer

Thanatos
07-09-05, 16:31
Previous thread on these topics (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=127959)

PvP Server Rules
- If a character dies, one randomly chosen item from the Inventory or Quickbelt will be placed into the dropped belt and can be looted (no hacking needed) by other players. Characters with a LE chip will not be able to loot belts.
- The Safeslot option will be deactivated, but essential items like Epic items or keys will never drop.
- All safezones will be deactivated. Faction headquarters will be transformed into “Warzones”
- The rate of experience points gained by killing monsters has been greatly increased.
- The regeneration of synaptic impairment after using a Genereplicator or after death has been greatly increased.
- The rate of automatic Soullight regeneration has been greatly increased.
- The chances of getting modification slots when crafting items have been greatly increased.
- The Law Enforcer remains untouched to give crafters the possibility to ensure the supply of crafted game items.

The need to hack belts has been removed from the initially planned ruleset, as well as the reduced Soullight penalties. In return, the regeneration rates of Soullight and synaptic impairment have been greatly increased. The XP gain rate from killing mobs has also been boosted by a lot.

The PvP server Neptune will go live at the end of this week.

Character Transfer
The character data snapshot on Pandore has been created. Any further changes to characters on Pandore will have no effect on characters that will be transferred.
Transfers will start tomorrow, September 8. To request a transfer, please contact account@neocron.com with the following information:

Email Subject: Pandore Transfer

- Account Name:
- Character Name:
- Destination Server:
- Name Alternative 1:
- Name Alternative 2:
- Name Alternative 3:

Please provide name alternatives in case your current character name is already used on the destination server.
Also please make sure that there are enough free character slots on the destination server!
Characters will only be transferred within the same account, transfers from one account to another account will not be accepted.

naimex
07-09-05, 16:34
Can we create players on Neptune now? EDIT: [ <-- NVM, just read again, missed a line before. ]

P1 and DoY CC are they only safezones on the other servers then?
meaning no safezones at all on PvP server..

as stated in discussion thread, people will just keep LE in until they cap on the PvP server, you want it to be like that then?

fschepper
07-09-05, 16:49
- If a character dies, one randomly chosen item from the Inventory or Quickbelt will be placed into the dropped belt and can be looted (no hacking needed) by other players. Characters with a LE chip will not be able to loot belts. (..)
Great..

Brammers
07-09-05, 16:59
One question that still hasn't been answered. Will belts drop in Warzones?

Dargeshaad
07-09-05, 17:02
Starting to look alot more appealing now...

Nullvoid
07-09-05, 17:31
Some of those new *rules* would be most appealing to have on our normal servers aswell.

- The regeneration of synaptic impairment after using a Genereplicator or after death has been greatly increased. <--- I think this would get a big thumbs up from everyone.

Judge
07-09-05, 17:34
Tempted to play for a bit and see what the action is like... newb fights might be pretty damn fun. :)

System
07-09-05, 18:59
there wont be any newb fights because everyone will use their LE until they atleast around 90 to 95 base in base skill.

numb
07-09-05, 19:08
there wont be any newb fights because everyone will use their LE until they atleast around 90 to 95 base in base skill.

I personally wont, I imagine quite a lot will though, which will spoil it a bit or maybe a lot of the people joining the pvp server, like me, will be up for pvp asap.

LiL T
07-09-05, 19:10
Thats looking better, great that tanks can get there loot :) since I plan on my second fighter to be a tank, with PE supplying him. Second account will be tradeskillers

RogerRamjet
07-09-05, 19:11
Character Transfer
The character data snapshot on Pandore has been created. Any further changes to characters on Pandore will have no effect on characters that will be transferred.
Transfers will start tomorrow, September 8. To request a transfer, please contact account@neocron.com with the following information:

Email Subject: Pandore Transfer

- Account Name:
- Character Name:
- Destination Server:
- Name Alternative 1:
- Name Alternative 2:
- Name Alternative 3:

Does this mean theyll have a character on Pandora/Neptune that will have been transfered to another server, effectively giving them clones on 2 servers?

Lifewaster
07-09-05, 19:16
- If a character dies, one randomly chosen item from the Inventory or Quickbelt will be placed into the dropped belt and can be looted (no hacking needed) by other players. Characters with a LE chip will not be able to loot belts.

Pls tell us will this take place in Warzones (which is half the game area) ?

Asurmen Spec Op
07-09-05, 19:25
AWSOME! with QBs not being hacked I might go there!

Mr Kot
07-09-05, 20:05
- If a character dies, one randomly chosen item from the Inventory or Quickbelt will be placed into the dropped belt and can be looted (no hacking needed) by other players.Welcome to the world of the perma-stealth vulture.

WTB Obliterator parts - DM

Torq
07-09-05, 20:11

So I will level up there...

El Jimben
07-09-05, 20:24
Seeing as [ edited ] Click2pay charged me for another 6 bloody months I may give it a go.

-FN-
07-09-05, 22:34
- All safezones will be deactivated. Faction headquarters will be transformed into “Warzones”

Will they be the only warzones? Or will Outposts still be Warzones?

Will Hunting Zones still be Hunting Zones or will they be Anarchy or Warzone?

sanityislost
07-09-05, 22:40
Wow sounds fucking sweet, nice changes!

SiL ..:..

nightwind
07-09-05, 23:29
Welcome to the world of the perma-stealth vulture.

WTB Obliterator parts - DM

seeing as this has already been brought up is there any plan to add drug flash or imparment to stealth?

numb
07-09-05, 23:35
Will they be the only warzones? Or will Outposts still be Warzones?

Will Hunting Zones still be Hunting Zones or will they be Anarchy or Warzone?

That's a good point. Hunting zones should be Anarchy, as they were before IMO.

AltonMoney
08-09-05, 04:27
Previous thread on these topics (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=127959)

PvP Server Rules

So....What you're saying is there is gonna be an oblit stealther at every op fight that does nothing but loot belts? Prevent looting of belts while stealthed if possible. (without different client)

imper1um
08-09-05, 06:20
Agreed, no looting should be allowed while stealthed.

sultana
08-09-05, 08:34
Agreed, no looting should be allowed while stealthed.
sounds good.

would also like to know about belt drop in warzones aswell.

Xeno LARD
08-09-05, 09:52
Gah, way too much pvp orientated for me. Mindless ganking, here goes...
Why not completely remove factions and SL and start characters capped with all items and shit? o_O

And all this while turing the other servers into complete carebear crap. We got TH, faction HQs, subways, now why even more safezones? Time to move on then, i might. :(

QuakCow
08-09-05, 10:05
this sounds pretty cool, though i fear it looking like the last op war i watched. by that i mean about 10 monks per tank/pe/spy

Mechanicus
08-09-05, 10:31
6+ hours later im still waiting for my character to be transfered from pandore

Brammers
08-09-05, 11:02

FFS. If KK start at 9am in the morning in Germany, they only been in the office for 2 hours. Have a little patiance.

P.S. Make sure you got a ticket number when you sent your email in.

Tratos
08-09-05, 11:29
Request Sent :) Can't wait to get back in the action with my Spy and Tank :)

[TgR]KILLER
08-09-05, 11:29

were you start counting you posted it @ 10.30 they just got in still drinking the black stuff to wake up. lol

Argent
08-09-05, 14:35
There's a small problem with belts. Unless they are made to disappear with time (which they don't do currently) or something else changed....

"Where shall we put the cabinet?"
Mr X :"Put it right about there."
"Okay" /set kill_self 1
Mr X *resurrecting*
"And the next one?"

Bugs Gunny
08-09-05, 14:50
There's a small problem with belts. Unless they are made to disappear with time (which they don't do currently) or something else changed....

"Where shall we put the cabinet?"
Mr X :"Put it right about there."
"Okay" /set kill_self 1
Mr X *resurrecting*
"And the next one?"

Hehehe, they do disappear when stuff is dropped on the floor.
I had an MC5, loads of other imps, a slasher etc all disappear on me when i used my belt to store stuff.

sshrul
08-09-05, 15:12
Sounds good but I have one question and I did look but couldn't fine, they are taken a snapshot of the Pandore server to transfer them out are we aloud to tranfers in or do we start fresh on Neptune which I have no problem with??

ShinyGecko
08-09-05, 15:23
will Mr. Jones be making a presence on pandore?

landofcake
08-09-05, 15:25
That looks really, really good ...

naimex
08-09-05, 15:45
For those that havent noticed yet:

Areas like Plaza 1 may say that itīs a safezone... but itīs not.

that safeslot, may look like a safeslot, but since there is no safeslot, then you can rest assured, itīs not safe.

Itīs merely the graphics and texts from normal servers, that are still being told and shown to you.

Obsidian X
08-09-05, 15:54
For those that havent noticed yet:

Areas like Plaza 1 may say that itīs a safezone... but itīs not.

that safeslot, may look like a safeslot, but since there is no safeslot, then you can rest assured, itīs not safe.

Itīs merely the graphics and texts from normal servers, that are still being told and shown to you.

But you can't draw a a weapon in them either....I don't think...

naimex
08-09-05, 15:54
But you can't draw a a weapon in them either....I don't think...

that didnt stop about 23 different people in plaza 1 from drawing a gun...

Obsidian X
08-09-05, 15:56
that didnt stop about 23 different people in plaza 1 from drawing a gun...

Naimex, see the announcement....

Tratos
08-09-05, 15:57

Not really as you actualy cant draw weapons and the game has the functionality to not show the safeslot as it happens with -17 SL....

Seems KK are on the case though.

EDIT: 11% on Neptune...:eek:

naimex
08-09-05, 15:59
I was just on it, and people drew guns fine...

Tratos
08-09-05, 16:00
I was just on it, and people drew guns fine...

Where? i couldnt in Crahn HQ.

naimex
08-09-05, 16:02
http://www.naimex.dk/gunproof.jpg

RogerRamjet
08-09-05, 16:03
Reminds of the time Decimator could pull his CS in plaza 1.

Obsidian X
08-09-05, 16:03
That is strange, I couldn't draw a gun in PP HQ either, maybe its a HQ issue...?

naimex
08-09-05, 16:04
That is strange, I couldn't draw a gun in PP HQ either, maybe its a HQ issue...?

perhaps, havent visited the hqs yet.

since i just went on to look, i have no desire to play there.

EDIT:

nope, apparently not..

just tried logging on with my other account, and i cant draw gun in plaza 1 or headquarters there..

So guess itīs 50/50 if you can pull out guns or not.

Tratos
08-09-05, 17:03
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm?loadNews=3557&fp=1024,768,577710859,20050908110054

Neocron makes the news again, is there any time frame we should be looking at for character transfers?

Tratos
08-09-05, 22:03
:( Has anyone got there chars moved over from Neptune as of yet? i've had no word back since the auto reponse with my ticket number at about 10 this morning.

maloro
08-09-05, 22:50
what i think would be cool on the pvp server, is if they could have a RECORD of all successful pvp matchs or fights you have done....

list of things they would put in this *box*

1. amount of kills.
2. items collected
3. amount of deaths u lost
4.weapon of choice u like or use most

would spark it up :P i think..... to bad they couldnt do this

Lusion
08-09-05, 23:44
Great..

No offense bro but this server was MADE for people like you to stay off and not complain.

maloro
09-09-05, 01:50
:eek: :eek: :wtf: im not complaing at all, [ edited ]

id own you in a flash, and for YOUR own knowledge, i quit neocron over 2 months ago, because it went boring but besides that fact

ill gladly!

and i do mean GLADLY return back and pwn u

i played for almost 4 years

im a veteran:) ill put sum nice bullets in ur skull and ill love every second

and i dont care of ur response to this either

cuz frankly
i dont
care
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Kozmos
09-09-05, 03:02
:eek: :eek: :wtf: im not complaing at all, stupid reject

id own you in a flash, and for YOUR own knowledge, i quit neocron over 2 months ago, because it went boring but besides that fact

ill gladly!

cuz frankly
i dont
care

who the fuck are you ? O_o

kurai
09-09-05, 03:20
who the fuck are you ? O_oI think I remember his character ...
[ edited ]

Seven
09-09-05, 03:44
Lmfao!

Asurmen Spec Op
09-09-05, 04:24

ill gladly!

cuz frankly
i dont
care
No, your not a vet.

Vets have a bit more well....

typing skill?

eprodigy
09-09-05, 07:34
One other thing; it should be noted somewhere in game that Neptune isnt a server where pvp is 'enabled' but where its basicly the entire game.

Most MMORPGS that say (PVP) next to the server mean that its enabled on the server and implies that it's not on the others (to me anyway). It should be stated that Neptune is just pvp overload, not the only place for PVP. ive already met a couple brand new players on neptune..

I just dont want to see all the new players in the soon-to-be gank fest server.

referring to the fact it says "Neptune (PVP)" in the server list now.

Tratos
09-09-05, 12:57
Well all my char data is over now without any problems...schweet :)

Scanner Darkly
09-09-05, 13:27
One other thing; it should be noted somewhere in game that Neptune isnt a server where pvp is 'enabled' but where its basicly the entire game.

Most MMORPGS that say (PVP) next to the server mean that its enabled on the server and implies that it's not on the others (to me anyway). It should be stated that Neptune is just pvp overload, not the only place for PVP. ive already met a couple brand new players on neptune..

I just dont want to see all the new players in the soon-to-be gank fest server.

referring to the fact it says "Neptune (PVP)" in the server list now.

Think it should carry a newb health warning TBH...

Maloro played on Saturn, never fought him, but he sure thinks he's good. That must mean

Brammers
09-09-05, 13:39
Hi all,

The Rares Database at http://rares.techhaven.org/ has been updated for Neptune players. Server Pandore has just been renamed to Neptune.

For those players from Pandore who have enabled read access to the their rares list, you may need to update the URL used.

Eg. If you had http://rares.techhaven.org/listings/demo/pandore this now becomes http://rares.techhaven.org/listings/demo/neptune If you just used http://rares.techhaven.org/listings/demo/ then this will continue to work as normal.

Also if anyone transfered all their parts over from Pandore to another server, I can arrange for your rares list to be transfered. Please drop me a PM to on the Tech Haven Network Forums.

P.S. I'll be away from Saturday until Monday, just in case you don't get a response.

Lusion
09-09-05, 16:17

ill gladly!

cuz frankly
i dont
care

Yes, clearly that post proves that you don't care. Secondly, my comment wasn't even directed at you. Lastly, I do slightly remember you from Saturn and you were terrible at this game. Cheerio.

DARK_Overfiend
11-09-05, 09:27
cant believe they bringing Neptune back up even after so long.

for those who didnt know Neptune used to be a Old Retired NC1 Server was running during the early Days of NC but got shut down.
but they actually using it for somert good i read now.

Nidhogg
11-09-05, 14:15
cant believe they bringing Neptune back up even after so long.

for those who didnt know Neptune used to be a Old Retired NC1 Server was running during the early Days of NC but got shut down.
but they actually using it for somert good i read now.
Your memory must be playing tricks on you because we've never had a Neptune server before. ;)

N

DARK_Overfiend
11-09-05, 17:51
Your memory must be playing tricks on you because we've never had a Neptune server before. ;)

N

i actually downloaded a few screenies back then showing the servers online in Beta stage only.

cant find those now but i know there was one b4 the release of NC1.

DARK_Overfiend
11-09-05, 17:53
plus during my 1st year in neocron1 heard a few Faction counsellers talking about a server that was ment for pvp but like it says in the patch details it wasnt used. because it wasnt needed so much back in the day

Tratos
11-09-05, 17:54
plus during my 1st year in neocron1 heard a few Faction counsellers talking about a server that was ment for pvp but like it says in the patch details it wasnt used.because it wasnt needed so much back in the day

Which means it didnt exist ;)

DARK_Overfiend
11-09-05, 17:57
yeh i know they had it for few trials then they decided not to use it. thats all i was stating.

DARK_Overfiend
11-09-05, 17:58
all i was sayin is near exact of what it says here

As announced a while ago, the time to convert the server Pandore into the PvP server Neptune is coming. Neocron 1 players will remember that we had plans to implement a PvP server called Neptune back then. These plans were never implemented for diverse reasons. Therefore we are looking forward to finally be able to offer this service.

in the client back then the server was on the server list when u logged in , but you could never connect to it cos there was no server or ip to connect to.

Nidhogg
11-09-05, 17:59
The concept of a Neptune server dates right back to the year dot but this is the first time it's ever been realised.

N

DARK_Overfiend
11-09-05, 18:05
bout time they remember Back dropped plans then if this is a benificial idea to hopefully improve the game/gaming for many thousands of players. it should make the game an even better one than it currently was. i might not have many posts on the forum clock but ive been here quite a while.
(are the fatal exception crashs still there aka "ah crap i fatald agen")

i wasnt trying to make an argument with anyone or trying to imply anything.
i may of said it a little rong out but my statement was all i was making nothing more nothing less.

was just making out that i had heard about the server ages ago , it was never used due to ideas and plans that were not needed for neocron as a game at that current time. and i remember seeing it on my server list a while (long while ago).

Cpl Hicks
11-09-05, 19:36
I wanted to know...The neptune pvp server is at 30 percent right now (capacity)...The lag is so bad that I logged out.
Is there something going to be done about this ? if the servers get unplayable just after 30 percent, i believe they need a serious update...
I mean come on, were not playing counter strike here...

DARK_Overfiend
11-09-05, 20:04
Lol i aint even got my client to work yet and i was wandering when somert like this was gonna happen to some new hardware just added to the game.

they'll sort it Patch lol think Patchs lol
its not a bug , its a feature.

maybe the servers had a big over haul due to too many people transfering characters over, making the server lagg. Terra server lagged during 1st week due to the heavy loadage of people moving from one to other. u just think try moving 2000 odd people (if the numbers that high or low) at near a once. lol

giga191
12-09-05, 12:18
To all the people who DM me about ally killing: I don't care, it's a PvP server. You won't catch me ally ganking on a non pvp server though

Bugs Gunny
12-09-05, 12:28
Whenever i visit plaza 1 there's allies ganking each other.
I can't wait to join in the fun.

Original monk
12-09-05, 13:17
To all the people who DM me about ally killing: I don't care, it's a PvP server. You won't catch me ally ganking on a non pvp server though

correct its a pvpserver for gods sake lol

there is a reason SL climbs up faster lol

i cant wait either to join in the fun :D where pvping eachother allready in TH, shooting eachother with 20 LEnibs is also fun lol, cant wait till we have all our LE's out tough :)

DARK_Overfiend
12-09-05, 23:04
plus there be no Copbots/DoY Guards anywhere so need to worry about SL.

Obsidian X
13-09-05, 12:54
plus there be no Copbots/DoY Guards anywhere so need to worry about SL.

Not played Neptune; so they removed the guards and copbots? Good stuff, I was thinking that might have ruined the whole experience...

Scanner Darkly
13-09-05, 14:07
Have the screaming horses been removed from Pepper as well? Cos they made it a bitch for me to get into Plaza on the day the server went live (as an anti)

sultana
13-09-05, 14:29
Not played Neptune; so they removed the guards and copbots? Good stuff, I was thinking that might have ruined the whole experience...
Erm, yeah there still is cops and guards around...

DARK_Overfiend
13-09-05, 22:53
Woooot how is it supposed to be a Pvp Server if copbots are everywhere.

yeh u kill someone and well SHIT my SL , 20 copbots go chasin yas everywhere oh yeh i see that happenin, from zone to zone.

(slight sarcastic)
but seriously they shud be removed , i know there no safezones but its gonna be fights wid players , oh look 7 copbots joind the fight kinda thing lol

sultana
14-09-05, 08:31
Not all PvP is restricted to the Neocron City :wtf:

What should happen, is have belt drops in warzones. They had it on Jupiter, I don't see why it shouldn't be on the PvP server.

Dargeshaad
14-09-05, 08:38
What should happen, is have belt drops in warzones. They had it on Jupiter, I don't see why it shouldn't be on the PvP server.
Agreed, it's just plain and utter retarded

DARK_Overfiend
14-09-05, 21:03
well what i meant by copbots refers to MB, TH and DOY in guards still being everywhere.

Jupiter was a good server i had few chars on it

evs
30-09-05, 16:13
So that means my fully capped tank kitted out with max rares on pandore will be fun to play?

Cool lol think ill reactivate and annoy some peeps :D