PDA

View Full Version : Patch 144 & 145 Notes Discussion

Thanatos
07-09-05, 15:18
All servers will be going down for about 1 hour at 3.30 PM CET to apply the patches.

Patch Notes (http://cp.neocron.com/5/patchnotes?lang=en&id=147&)

The character data snapshot on Pandore will also be created during the downtime.

CMaster
07-09-05, 15:23
Netcode fix? Lets hopeit works.

Toxen
07-09-05, 15:23
Didn't mention this in my other post about the trophies, but also the wolf trophy drops from the wrong mob as well should be dropping from desert alpha wolf.

Shenyu Reza
07-09-05, 15:25
- Turned Plaza P1 and DoY City Center into safezones again.

NOOOO :( !!!

Argent
07-09-05, 15:25
Please tell me that you moved Raymon out of CC zone? Because if not, Crahn epic can't be done.

Sounds a good little patch to me.

Sanctity
07-09-05, 15:27
Please tell me that you moved Raymon out of CC zone? Because if not, Crahn epic can't be done.

Damn, you're scaring me :eek:

sultana
Erm why? Now people might actually be able to find tradeskillers in the city.

Scanner Darkly
Looks good. Look forward to testing the tweaked netcode...

SnowCrash
07-09-05, 15:29

Yes, they have been moved to nearby sectors. The new locations are of course mentioned in the respective quest dialogs.

Thanatos
07-09-05, 15:29

Yes he has been moved and the quests have been updated accordingly.

Toxen
07-09-05, 15:30
Clarify - Added a new transport box model for trophies.
What it means?

giga191
07-09-05, 15:30
NOOOO :( !!! you mean YEEEESSSSSSSSSSS. Both cities are now raidable

Shenyu Reza
07-09-05, 15:31
Erm why? Now people might actually be able to find tradeskillers in the city.

Because it's fun to pvp there :(

@giga: raidable in safe zone?

StanBasanovitch
07-09-05, 15:34
The character data snapshot on Pandore will also be created during the downtime.
Great ! Coming back from holidays just to find out I have only few hours to set up for the transfert.

When KK announces something, we wait for monthes after the announced date.
For the snapshot you wrote "till the sep 7" and you do it in the middle of the day.
I'm sooooo happy to have reactivated my account juste to be mistreated like that one more time.

giga191
07-09-05, 15:35

@giga: raidable in safe zone? You think gankers wouldn't enjoy a safe zone to zone whore into?

Tesee
07-09-05, 15:37
good idea, it will free TH from being a market place which is a nonsense reading Neocron's background

Original monk
07-09-05, 15:37
what happend to PP3 ? :) dunno

and its nice pl1 is a safezone, i missed the plaza tradingfeeling tough plaza 1 was safe by itself not ? so much guards and copbots lol ... yeah maybe some nibbish alliedPKers or the occasional sniperspy but still ...

(or even an apu+ppu team that made it to crytons and camped the elevators but in general the city itself is/was fairly safe)

anyway i like this patch and certainly the speed a new patch arrived :)

nice !

Great ! Coming back from holidays just to find out I have only few hours to set up for the transfert.

When KK announces something, we wait for monthes after the announced date.
For the snapshot you wrote "till the sep 7" and you do it in the middle of the day.
I'm sooooo happy to have reactivated my account juste to be mistreated like that one more time.

this isnt unusual ... be happy youre back on time ... the only (single) day we could fix things on saturn when going from NC1>NC2 ... i was a few hundred kilometers away from home (germany photokina)

jipie !!! you dont even wonna know what i lost ... and im sure i wasnt the worst case :/

Bugs Gunny
07-09-05, 15:38
Raiding by running to a safezone that has a shitload of guards ???
Yeah, good idea....

I like it a lot. Plaza and CC being safezones. It's good for the new players as we'll now see more trade going on there, and at least we can roleplay a bit (typing while being under fire is not that easy)

sultana
07-09-05, 15:38

@giga: raidable in safe zone?
How is it fun? I hardly call zonewhoring ca hq fun. At least maybe you'll find people in each city rather then the occasional 0/2 that hasn't made it to techhaven. Besides, it's not as if they've made the whole city a safezone, it's just 1 zone.

giga191
07-09-05, 15:39
Raiding by running to a safezone that has a shitload of guards ???
Yeah, good idea.... most people can outheal them

Brammers
07-09-05, 15:41
Plaza 1 and DoY City Centre a Safe zone? Not sure what to make of this one, except this.

DoY City Centre has no Faction HQ's in it, where as all the Plaza and Via Rosso zones do have HQ's. The odd exception to this, is NCPD in Via Rosso 3 (I think).

This zone would be better as a safe zone, not Plaza 1.

sultana
most people can outheal them
I thought most people zoned on low health most of the time :rolleyes:

Though it's only really the p1 -> p2 zoneline which is "camped" by guards, the rest you can probably do without being shot.

Skusty
Yes to plaza getting safezone but not doy NOT DOY!! NOW I CANT SMUGGLE DRUGS FROM DOY TO NC!!!! :(

Toxen
07-09-05, 15:42
Umm Doy City center is gonna be safezone

Bugs Gunny
07-09-05, 15:43
most people can outheal them

I was killing tg npc's in front of tg hq on my ca pe, and i sure can't outheal a tg guard, nor can i outheal a doy guard.
Besides, most people run to a safezone when they are hurt allready.
You must mean the people that strap a ppu on and then "raid".

giga191
07-09-05, 15:44
DAMN WHINERZ.

Anyway Netcode fix!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111oneoneoneoneone

'bout time tho

Clobber
07-09-05, 15:49
I guess this means no laughing at melee tank anymore :p

Terayon
07-09-05, 15:51
Ignore me.

Tratos
07-09-05, 15:52
Looks interesting, its cool to see how after a few threads making points about them the safezones have gone in a PP3 has been fixed, i'd also like to know what
Added a new transport box model for trophies. means aswell but i assume it means when they are thrown on the floor?

Mine wont connect to the server O_o .
Thats because its only 22 minutes after 3:30CET not an hour...O_o

EDIT: Netcode fixes....lets hope this is a great change :)

Terayon
07-09-05, 15:55
Thats because its only 22 minutes after 3:30CET not an hour...
I noticed like 5 minutes before you posted that. But thx anyways .

Skusty
07-09-05, 15:55
DAMN WHINERZ.

Anyway Netcode fix!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111oneoneoneoneone

'bout time tho
Amen on the netcode!

Bugs Gunny
07-09-05, 16:01
Just one dark thought entered my mind.... if all tradeskilling will be done at CC and P1...
Is this a first move to give TH back to FA?

Toxen
07-09-05, 16:02
Doubtful, I'd see droping safezone from TH as the first sign of that. But things are certainly getting a pre NC2 flavour.

Ras Klaat
07-09-05, 16:05
Plaza1 safezone 'sigh'
this looks like KK thinks Neptune population will be low so they mess with the other servers, which will make more people go to Neptune.
Instead of making the current servers more PvP friendly they do the
opposite. You cant understand how sick it makes me to see Neptune
comming online.
Instead of taking away a few safe zones on current servers they add more so
their assine PvP server does not flop.
All this means is more peps going to Neptune, and less on other servers.
Servers may look something like this at peak times :

Mars 18%
Mercury 9%
Tera 16%
Neptune 8%

Thats alot lower than it is now, and even as it is now people are still complaining that it too low.

b4 you say it no i dont pk in plaza or anywhere else tbh. I usually do all
my fighting in op wars.
I hope im 100% wrong, but only time will tell.
I cant wait. :rolleyes:

Cor
07-09-05, 16:08
Maybe time to redesign TH And put a Neofrag in it that is in a general location. They got to put something there to keep poeple going there. I like it as the central trading place and I do like the safe zone in the two city but TH needs some other stuff. Maybe in door race track, Fighting area, target range and so on. I like the patch must be the beginning of the planfile #4 patches for the next few months.

Toxen
07-09-05, 16:10
KK has been trying to push the role playing aspect of the game for ages... if you want just pure pvp go buy an fps the is and MMORPG with a FPS style Combat system.

zii
07-09-05, 16:18
I've been trying to download the patches for the past 30 mins, but I can never connect. Should I be [a] patient and wait? ^^

> - Optimized player position updates (netcode).
goodie.
> - Fixed some issues with Pepper sector 3.
Does this mean AB can have PP3 back... ?

Scanner Darkly
07-09-05, 16:20
Maybe the time has come to make TH an anarchy zone, in preparation for making it a capturable base. Capturable on a long term basis, not easily hackable like an OP.

Would sure make for some interesting fights...

Tratos
07-09-05, 16:28
And its go.. go.. go..!

Pandore is still called Pandore though, lol thought it was being renamed to Neptune?

zii
07-09-05, 16:31
Nope. You were all duped.

Seven
07-09-05, 16:31
Are flying vehicles still bugged?
Any word on the long awaited Player Shops and Item tracking?

Bugs Gunny
07-09-05, 16:35
Are flying vehicles still bugged?
Any word on the long awaited Player Shops and Item tracking?

What are you talking about? That was salestalk to have us buy NC2. We all bought it so there's no need for that stuff anymore :-)

zii
07-09-05, 16:40
Has the dB snapshot been taken?

Bugs Gunny
07-09-05, 16:43
Yes. It has

zii
07-09-05, 16:44
Yes. It has
OK. thanks.

Nullvoid
07-09-05, 16:45
how's the new(optimised i should say...) netcode working out?

Ras Klaat
07-09-05, 17:04
now that P1 is a safezone again, the least you could do is
put some benches down for us tbh, please.

-FN-
07-09-05, 17:18
The P1/P2 zoneline is going to become the old NC1 PP1/P3 zoneline methinks...

Brammers
07-09-05, 17:21

Nope, the guards would kill anyone on either side. MB is the current PP1/P3 Zone line.

Judge
07-09-05, 17:22

At least there will be a place to get instant action. :)

Haven't been in the city recently, being Anti so whats the guard situation there like?

Hopefully the netcode fix will fix the netcode. :p

Shenyu Reza
07-09-05, 17:23
The netcode roxx !!

Mystic-Crusader
07-09-05, 17:30
Love the netcode fix, wat was wrong with pp3? and no word on bd epic fix?

Nullvoid
07-09-05, 17:33
If only I didn't have two assignments desperately needing finished... *grumble*

-FN-
07-09-05, 17:35
Haven't been in-game yet today - a few questions:

Has the "vehicle still continues moving through solid objects when you jump off" bug been fixed?

Has the "vehicle slowly drifts even after you get off of it at a dead stop and if it moves too far you have to zone for it to return to where it ACTUALLY is and not where your client thinks it is" bug been fixed?

Any progress on making the Login process more like the Zoning process?

Tratos
07-09-05, 17:42
Haven't been in-game yet today - a few questions:

Has the "vehicle still continues moving through solid objects when you jump off" bug been fixed?

Has the "vehicle slowly drifts even after you get off of it at a dead stop and if it moves too far you have to zone for it to return to where it ACTUALLY is and not where your client thinks it is" bug been fixed?

Not had a bad login so far but ive only had two, Vehicles now return to the spot where you jump off them and stay there, so where the vehicle is, is where you click to get on it.

So vehicle positioning seems perfect atm, although i liked the continued rolling :( if only it worked that way.

Toxen
07-09-05, 17:56
Dirus if ur ingame anytime soon I'd like u to drop in on me so we can dicuss the extent of the problems with the trophies so we can clearly identify them thus preventing more screw ups in the upcoming hotfix.

Obsidian X
07-09-05, 18:00
Just been doing some tradeskilling in Plaza 1 - ah the good old days. People are coming back into the city center, top job KK in correcting one of the worst mistakes Neocron 2 brought about. Safezone P1 ftw. :D

Dargeshaad
07-09-05, 18:19
Doors/vehicles are finally within reach!! :lol:

Nullvoid
07-09-05, 18:45
So actually being able to aim will be rewarded again instead of hitting a stationary figure who warps about periodically?

LiL T
07-09-05, 19:03
P1 safezone again ? well at least it shows KK is listening :)

Toxen
07-09-05, 19:06
Think with the zoneing problems this may be a patch that kills the population off its already tipped me in favour of leaving, especially with the fact that I spent two days methodically clearly identifiying errors with the trophy system only to be clearly ignored. Its become extremely obvious though sometimes KK appears to listen to threads on the forums the changes are not in response to the community but are purely because of KK's pre deterimined course of actions

SnowCrash
07-09-05, 19:14
Think with the zoneing problems this may be a patch that kills the population off its already tipped me in favour of leaving, especially with the fact that I spent two days methodically clearly identifiying errors with the trophy system only to be clearly ignored. Its become extremely obvious though sometimes KK appears to listen to threads on the forums the changes are not in response to the community but are purely because of KK's pre deterimined course of actions

Your very detailed thread was indeed used to adress the current trophie bugs. Unfortunately some stuff is still present and will be of course fixed asap. But thanks for your engagement and please keep it up.

Toxen
07-09-05, 19:17
Some stuff is present? new mistakes have been created on top of the existing ones.... its seriously simple stuff this is anyone knows that hand me the code and I'll happily spend the night figuring it out and solve it for you. Or Grab me sometime when Im online with rannath and we'll go through it and Identify it together so no more mistakes can be made. Im grateful that my post was taken in and was useful in someway its just I feel this patch was perhaps rushed again? I invested over two solid days of my own game time to going through the trophies and checking them. Now I feel that I have to do it all again to make sure and double check there aren't any new bugs appearing. Now thats another 3-4 days I feel that are going to be unfairly used up which I could be having fun with. So I would really like to sit down with someone and do this quickly.

Asurmen Spec Op
07-09-05, 19:21
cool!

Nullvoid
07-09-05, 19:22

Obviously you anticipated them jumping with joy upon seeing your work on the trophies(don't get me wrong it was very well done)? That's not how things work my man. The reality is: You put in hard work on something you feel is important, KK most likely consider it slightly less important than you do, ergo they will probably take it on board at some time as and when they see fit. Expecting anything else is just wishful thinking.

edit- It isn't your job to do these things Toxen, you're just going to get increasingly frustrated if you put in loads of effort :(

Toxen
07-09-05, 19:31
Its the job of the community to point out errorrs and assist KK in making the best of the game and how ever important I considered these things, doesn't matter they were simple errors, that could have been corrected in a couple of hours. They have obviously enough time do change safezones etc.

Vryce
07-09-05, 20:54
Just been doing some tradeskilling in Plaza 1 - ah the good old days. People are coming back into the city center, top job KK in correcting one of the worst mistakes Neocron 2 brought about. :D

Exactly !!! This was a part of Neocron that was sorely missed, despite people calling it "Neo-Sims". Maybe we'll even get runners back onto those light posts. :p

giga191
07-09-05, 20:59
I can't remember the last time a patch came that didn't introduce a seriously annoying bug

Cpl Hicks
07-09-05, 21:41
yay ! PRO and ANTI trade places. thats really awesome !!
but people are gonna take advantages of this and "zone pvp" again...
There should be a rule against zone combat.
I mean, isnt it some kind of an exploit ? to survive a fight by using a sync ?

sucks :P

I mean, i dont wanna sound racist, but im tired of those bustas in my city.
OUT WITH THEM ! OUT THE Tgs, the bds , the tsus and all those Fas ! OUT WITH THEM ALL ! :p

EDIT : oh and by the way....does that mean TH is trade free again ? Does that mean the Fas arent the trade faction anymore ?
Give us a new neocronicle to keep us in the loop !!

Riddle
07-09-05, 22:23
Glad we finally have safezone other than HQ's in the city.

Tradeskillers can now service both noobs and seniors in their own home ;)

msdong
07-09-05, 22:39
....EDIT : oh and by the way....does that mean TH is trade free again ?...

don't think so. to have enough customers to survive u need TH as your base and hop over to your city if someone is in need.

Asurmen Spec Op
07-09-05, 22:47
Its the job of the community to point out errorrs and assist KK in making the best of the game and how ever important I considered these things, doesn't matter they were simple errors, that could have been corrected in a couple of hours. They have obviously enough time do change safezones etc.
they used your thread dude, atleast KK took one of your ideas be fucking grateful!

Matthew.v.smith
07-09-05, 23:29
I like this Patch, it's a nice step in the right Direction.
But one thing still isnt quite right, Netcode.
It's much much better, but now we have Zone Problems and Character Updates stalling the game as you enter a Zone, a nightmare for PvP, i'm starting to prefere having the old Netcode to this new one, at least you could have smooth performance instead of wating about a minute to zone.
I trust KK will sort it eventually mind you.

M. :angel:

a4nic8er
07-09-05, 23:37
A few of us (probably a minority, right?) think it is more a case of making the Zoning process more like the Login process.

How about this.... zone up a tank from the UG at an OP under attack (with holy shelter on) and take so long to zone that you are face down eating dirt when you come out of sync. Wait there a while until the baddies move your corpse under the gogo so you can't see anything. Then after the clan tells you on voice that the 3rd layer is now down, tap out to UG of same OP and come out of sync dead at the bottom of the ladder.

Then there's the issue of the massive lag/GPU/CPU spikes that leave you hanging in the air as you run over hills/down stairs. Instead of rubber banding, you freeze-frame.

We can only hope this is a tempory situation and it will settle down over the next few days (or be repatched again).

Heavyporker
08-09-05, 02:54
matthew, you mean something like rubberbanding where you zone and are snapped back to the zoneline repeatedly for up to a minute?

Try turning off v-sync. If it still persists, then, yeah, it'd be clearly a fundamental netcode problem.

oh, and toxen... complaining ain't gonna cut it. It's great you put up that thread, but they can't solve things in fell swoops mere hours after bringing them up.

solling
08-09-05, 03:36
i havent had one bad login so far all perfect all items etc i could use them all BUT zoning takes forever :(

ZoVoS
08-09-05, 04:12
bastards, theres a great place to pown noobs in plaza 1 where u can climb all the way up jump of the roof n land on a nice lil safe spot where u can rain atacks to the floor unharmed unless sumbody looks up an goes WTF =[

i liked my lil place up ther. i always wanted to barrel from it on a anti monk but never got around to it

Matthew.v.smith
08-09-05, 08:55
matthew, you mean something like rubberbanding where you zone and are snapped back to the zoneline repeatedly for up to a minute?

Try turning off v-sync. If it still persists, then, yeah, it'd be clearly a fundamental netcode problem.

oh, and toxen... complaining ain't gonna cut it. It's great you put up that thread, but they can't solve things in fell swoops mere hours after bringing them up.

No I have always Rubber Banded at certain places (coming out of UG, Going into Quest Rooms etc) but only like 3 or 4 places, V-Sync for me is off because my Mobo seem's to have a problem with Nvidia and so if I try to play with it on I get weired freezing and unfreezing.
What my Problem and several people's problems are is the time it takes to Zone and also the repeated Stalling while the Zone updates things on your Screen.
Before Patch the Netcode was pretty Poor, but when you zoned you would zone almost instantly and would have 2 or 3 quick but smooth stops while things upload to you.
Now when you Zone it takes a little bit more time, but the problem comes with the Updating of everything in the Zone, which makes you freeze still for about 2 seconds and then repeats it several times if anyone enters the zone, it's terrible in MB when I was in PvP with some Reds at the Zoneline, it felt like MB had some strange lag, zoning into the fight took forever and during the fight people zoned in and stalled us all, it's not smooth anymore.

M.

Bugs Gunny
08-09-05, 10:20
I'm having major problems right now where my comp just lags out untill everyone in the proximity is updated and then i can move again.
I can tell you, for pvp it's NOT funny.

Why can't they just look back to the patch that caused the bad position updates and fix that, instead of putting in more calculations which screw up zoning and bandwidth?

Dribble Joy
08-09-05, 13:35
ffs.

Matthew.v.smith
08-09-05, 16:46
That's exactly my Problem Bug's, and until it's fixed, Anti City arnt going to have any more fun chasing you around CRP :(

M.

Bugs Gunny
08-09-05, 16:53
Mathew, you'll still have fun chasing me. Last night i was actualy allowed to duel inside cycrow. I was only ganked 3 times after a duel :-)
A lagspike won't stop me from raiding. It'll make me die more often, but i have yet to completely wear out an sa.

I hope with todays patch the lagspikes are fixed.

Matthew.v.smith
08-09-05, 17:14
It would seem that the patch has fixed the spikes :D
I'm very happy, and if u want, we can have a duel in NF right now.
i'll Dm ya.

M.