PDA

View Full Version : Funny Bugs you've encountered

Bugs Gunny
07-09-05, 11:26
Last night i was doinga bit of pvping at crp, when i got lost in the zone (minimap off and being chased by a ppu and some other people).
I end up in the ne corner of the map and see a lone rhino near the zoneline.
Remembering a bug i once had with my 6/9 apu i rightclicked it and ... voila...

I was driving a rhino around with 0 vehicle use :-)

It was funny as hell having the enemies running around looking for the high runspeed xbow pe who was apparently in local, yet nowhere to be seen.

So, what other bugs have you guys seen in NC2 that made you laugh?

Comie
07-09-05, 11:31
YOU!!!

you is the funnest Bugs ive ever seen...

couldnt resist,

Spawned a Rhino at DRT that turned into a Hovertech, drove like a hovertech, moved with the speed of a hovertech. However my gunner still saw it as a rhino (as well as everyone else for that matter) only difference was that it moved with the speed of a Hovertech.

So me and my gunner and my supercharged Rhino sped around DRT for about 20 mins enjoying the speed and killing one or two people and it was all going great, i was definatly loving my supercharged Rhino...

... until we zoned and then it wasnt so super anymore *sniff*

... and then it went boom

netster
07-09-05, 11:35
uhm ... no funny bugs for me in nc2 till now.

Ascension
07-09-05, 11:40
NC 2 is funny :lol:

Original monk
07-09-05, 12:27
angeldust had sumthing like that ... he steps out of he's vehicule .. nowhere someone to be seen and suddenly the empty vehicule comes after em shooting at em lol, weird sight being followed and shot at by youre own empty vehicule :)

tough the thing i like most is when you zone and look like another char :) can give some cool effects, i posted em before but there still my favourite screens (nc1) :p

http://users.pandora.be/original/90.jpg

http://users.pandora.be/original/91.jpg

afk2p
07-09-05, 14:00
So, what other bugs have you guys seen in NC2 that made you laugh?
A week or 2 after I started playing (a few months back) I was running round on a 1/3 noob pistol spy in DoY when I experienced one of those spontaneous syncs and found myself in a tunnel, in an APU PA, with holy S/D on, having my own belt (with Lazar pistol), standing next to a PPU in PA. I ran as far from the PPU as I could while punching everything I found - until I finally died and went into sync again.

The thought of a coversation on voice going...
APU "FFS I went into sync and died, why didn't you look after me? Where are you? Come rez me!"
PPU "WTF you said you were syncing but then you ran off. Where did you ****ing go to? All I see is pissed off mobs!"
... had me laughing so much I couldn't see through the tears.

(Belated apologies to the both of you, whoever you were.)

Bugs Gunny
07-09-05, 14:19
The infamous being pulled into someone else's synch bug.

I've had it happen to my spitol spy, spontanious synhc, end up in some doy appartement without si, kill the enemy tank twice, hack his belts, gr out and synch again, end up with a copy of half his gogo in mine... 5 slot weapons etc...

For any GM's reading this, off course i threw away the weapons, as i know duping, even involuntary is against the rules :D

Riddle
07-09-05, 14:44
Spawned a Rhino at DRT that turned into a Hovertech, drove like a hovertech, moved with the speed of a hovertech. However my gunner still saw it as a rhino (as well as everyone else for that matter) only difference was that it moved with the speed of a Hovertech.

Had this myself several times, chainy ending up as a quad, another time a rhino.

But my fav bug so far is Haircuts we had in early game. I had a DOY BOT on my head for several weeks! saw others with hover cabs etc. etc used to make me chuckle to see them running about as if normal (probably in 1st person) :D

Synch bugs are always fun if you synch right :P that is with extra buffs etc. although one of the worst i had was synching into permanent stealth unable to use a weapon, heal etc.
Only to be gunned down by y -rep :( before i synched out!
Then repping to TH for pokes only to be dead on the floor and rep again to find some 60%+ SI :( no need to say i logged another char to sort that out another day :p

Nullvoid
07-09-05, 15:05
I had just made a new char, levelled some in NC then went for the usual run over to TH. Having just arrived there and tagged the gr, I logged off for a bit. Upon logging back in I instantly found myself in synch, "woohoo I'm about to be warped down into an energy core/drone racetrack" I thought. Next thing I know I'm standing right beside the drt GR. That sure saved me a journey :p

The stupidly bugged holy group heal back in open beta was quite amusing. It was like a single-cast heal on steroids(yes it didn't actually cast on other people). It meant you could solo pretty much every mob in the game at that time without really breaking a sweat. My rank never going above 3*/4* was also quite cute. No matter how much I levelled or how many slots I got on the better spells it just never budged. Quite a few monks took me on thinking I'd be easy as pie only to find themselves layed out on the floor not too long afterwards :D

netster
07-09-05, 15:08
ohhhhh yessss .... funny bug == the warp to your starter-app, when u entered H_08 :D

vashtyphoon78
07-09-05, 15:27
turned into a capped rifle spy with a SH on my brand new char...shot him in the back with his own SH and HL :lol:

Vae Victis
07-09-05, 17:43
NC 2 is funny :lol:nuff said KK :D

Prom_STar
07-09-05, 17:52
I'm a big fan of the "everybody goes bald, gets a green shirt with pink pants and some people get random MOBs above their heads" bug. I saw DOY bots, FA turrets, Grim Persecutors. I think someone even had a Rhino. The funniest part was when people started losing items and some players transformed from runners to prophets of doom.

OOC> You are all doomed! The rollback is nigh!
...it never happened, of course.

ariall
07-09-05, 17:56
The funniest bug i ever saw was 10 slot malediction in my gogo :D

Vae Victis
07-09-05, 17:57
The funniest bug i ever saw was 10 slot malediction in my gogo :D12 slot bad heal sanctum :D

Prom_STar
07-09-05, 18:18
Wasn't there someone who had a "z-slot" spell? The weapon description actually said "z slots free."

ariall
08-09-05, 00:04
Another strange bug:
I was walking with my spy near Crahn Village, zoned to the east.
But the synch took really long. I changed into a pistol pe , and i was standing
in krupp Factory, while a war was going on there.Some enemy's killed me
( while char bugged), and logged out. 8|
So I logged in again, and what do you think?? I was dead in krupp factory
with my spy. :mad:

ROZZER187
08-09-05, 00:46
gr'ing into mcpherson in nc1 to plummet about 200 feet to my death from the sky. funniest part was that before i gr'd out someone else appeared above me and died aswell :lol: :lol:

the old pe skin in nc1 was a favourite aswell.
and when LE's stopped working right, had so much fun killing the people who acted clever because of the LE system.

Beta bug in nc1 when you could keep reloading your gun and then shoot and do a mob for about 20k dmg.

Leaving proto hq on my hc tank to hit a sync, turn into a spy then crash, logged back in and i was dead on my tank in hacknet with a monk skin :wtf:

Server Side bug when your health is on 100 and it jumps back to about 400+ :lol: i got told i was cheating :lol:

and my latest was coming into plaza 1 on my /10 apu and hitting a sync and landing at MB with the msg, Do you want to venture warp, yes/no :D

vashtyphoon78
08-09-05, 05:46
oh yeah?

all you people with 10/12 slot items you cant beat this

i got a 17 slot scout glider key. HAH!

jini
08-09-05, 06:09
Here is a scene I have witnessed among with other friends:
In crp by the watching tower, there is an assault hover if i remember and a spy shooting at each other. The hover wins and kill the spy, which dropped somewhere behind the back of the hover. The driver of the car then, after the usual procedure of "sex", tried to move the car. Well the runner was stuck there essentially towing the runner just how we see in some epic ancient movies or in some westerns, where the villains are being towed by the horse of the good guy. This lasted up until the other guy decided to GR. It was hilarious

imper1um
08-09-05, 06:34
A week or 2 after I started playing (a few months back) I was running round on a 1/3 noob pistol spy in DoY when I experienced one of those spontaneous syncs and found myself in a tunnel, in an APU PA, with holy S/D on, having my own belt (with Lazar pistol), standing next to a PPU in PA. I ran as far from the PPU as I could while punching everything I found - until I finally died and went into sync again.

The thought of a coversation on voice going...
APU "FFS I went into sync and died, why didn't you look after me? Where are you? Come rez me!"
PPU "WTF you said you were syncing but then you ran off. Where did you ****ing go to? All I see is pissed off mobs!"
... had me laughing so much I couldn't see through the tears.

(Belated apologies to the both of you, whoever you were.)
Actually, when that happens, noone sees you, and you don't exist. You gathered their Sync data and they you. Probably he got a infinite sync and relogged and he was fine.

MrTrip
08-09-05, 07:40
My favorite bug while I was anti city in NC1, was warping to peoples apartments, I would promptly kill them and leave.

:angel: I mean...I would kindly apologize for warping in, ask if I may see his dog tags...then leave. :lol:

FarSight
08-09-05, 14:11
I like symph bugs ... when mobs are green to player.
And chat messages "You gain little symphaty with insects"

kurai
08-09-05, 15:20
Had a funny instance of the zone line down by Mc-Pherson/Ceres logged-off-to-appartment issue.

Full clan turnout for an opfight - we all gather at our OP to head out to the contested one. As we move out we unfortunately decided to follow our glorius leader, Spirit, with his infamously terrible sense of direction ;)
(If there were 3 possible ways to get somewhere he would unerringly manage find a fourth that would end up with half the party dead. It's a god given talent lol)

Anyway - two of us spies were scouting the route ahead when suddenly a chorus of swearing and shouting broke out on teamspeak ... the main body of the party had all hit the wrong sync-line and snapped back to their appartments, leaving just us two spies in the enemy OP zone with about 20 enemy buzzing round trying to nail us.

Rather than bug out Anthony (the other spy) and I started desperately stealth whoring to stay alive, taking a single shot then running, rinse and repeat for the next 20 minutes, trying to keep the enemy clan interested and at the OP till the rest of our clan could return.
Needlessly to say someone else was nominated to pathfind this time ;)

Bugs Gunny
08-09-05, 15:27
Bad sense of direction?

Anyone ever played with the original Lom Addict - Need Gunner?
His sense of direction was so bad it became funny.
After spending 6 months as a hc pe driver in nc hunting at H12, he'd still get lost from DRT to H12....

Oh i just remember another great bug, i have a fraps movie of it at home.
Psicho from clan BLOOD in crahn once had a bad synch, and ended up in his appartement hallway as a... warbot. He was stuck there since he couldn't go though the elevator doors on his appartement doors, we had to bring him a pa so he could pass through.
He stayed that way till a gm forced him to move all his stuff to another char, take notes of his skills and they remade him.
We used to advertise our "tamed warbot" on alliance and show him off at cycrow :-)

Kozmos
08-09-05, 15:37
Had a synch bug once going into PP on Jupiter, it made my APU 'semi LE' nobody could target me, but I could still target them and harm them bwahaha :D

Zeninja
08-09-05, 15:57
Here are three screenshots :

kurai
08-09-05, 17:24
Also - a good body swap story ...

Heard a call over ALLIANCE channel that some pro-city hybrid was being irritating round Cycrow/Tezla way - ganking low/mid level n00bs and this guy who was constructing on his tradeskiller.
I decided to wander over there on my rifle spy for some monkeh hunt fun :angel:

GR'ed into CRP, had a look around - no sign - headed off to Tezla.
As I zoned I crashed. Re-logged and found myself right by the Tezla GR ... and even odder - had a QB full of spells ... O_o

After looking at all my stats/items and putting 2+2 together it seemed I'd synced right into the body of the PERSON I WAS HUNTING ! rofl :lol:

This was too good to waste ... I got hold of some clannies on teamspeak and told them to get an allied party together at Tezla GR ASAP, but not to shoot a city monkeh they might find there ...

When they arrived I proceeded to remove all my Inv/QB/Armour/Imps and lay them on the ground around me, then re-logged.

I came back on my spy, at Tezla border and ran back to the GR. Lo and behold - there was a lynch party of DoY-allieds standing in a circle surrounding a pile of gear.

I joined the circle and waited ...
About a minute and a half later this poor monkeh eventually manages to log-in/sync and finds himself defenceless, naked and surrounded :lol:

He just had time for a "WTF !!!11qq!11!" before he got *vapourised*

After talking in DIRECT he eventually realised what happened and we let him collect all his gear ... but only after another kill or two.

It was fun watching him slink off at 2kmh with a buttload of SI, weighed down by all his items :lol: