PDA

View Full Version : Community Outreach - NEPTUNE

AltonMoney
07-09-05, 05:33
I would like to extend my dream of TRUE Neocron to the community. I'm sure you have all heard about the new pvp server. It looks like the long awaited Neptune will finally come together. For those that haven't read up, please check the post here:

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=127959

This is most likely the last chance for the community to come together and concentrate the population of neocron. For the old timers out there, we all remember the grand days of retail and beta the phases where you couldn't throw a stick without hitting a tradeskiller, and there was always somebody to fight. It was a better game experience for everyone. This isn't just about population though, its also about PVP. We used to zone hop with PP1 and fight in the phone booth all night, now its just faction headquarters. ZONECRASH. Yeah, thats all I have to say about that. I don't think fighting on safe zone borders is the way the game was intended to be played. In addition to the other SWEET-ASS bonuses coming to neptune, this large gameplay problem will be fixed! I urge everyone to try the new server. I encourage everyone to get your friends on too. Yes, a lot of us will leave behind some good items on Mars, Mercury, and Terra, but the levels will be easy to get. The player support will be there, and so will the REAL PVP. I hope everyone checks it out! See you there!

eprodigy
07-09-05, 07:09
didnt see this post but as i said over there; there really needs to be no ppus on this server or its totaly pointless (as all fights with one are) because everyone will run around in ppu/apu teams... and will have ourself a gank server..

MrTrip
07-09-05, 08:17
Then two tanks can gang up on an apu and own him.

:eek: Whoopsies?

vashtyphoon78
07-09-05, 15:32
Lol i can just see everyone using epic weapons that wont drop...

mmmm fresh speedgat swiss cheese!

Dargeshaad
07-09-05, 15:42
Lol i can just see everyone using epic weapons that wont drop...

mmmm fresh speedgat swiss cheese!
At least it would show some skill since fights will last a good deal longer...not that I have any intention of moving there for reasons already mentioned

solling
07-09-05, 16:01
its gonna be the same as other servers

Clobber
07-09-05, 16:06
Its goin be full of tsunami PE's :D

Scanner Darkly
07-09-05, 16:14
Like someone said all that needs to be done to remove PPUs is to remove PPU spells above around TL75 - not sure if this is possible to do without a branching patch structure tho...

[VP]Orion
07-09-05, 16:18
Its gonna be a small server with only a few gankers that love to grief on others. Most people will stay on their old server (with non-griefer rules ;)). My prediction is that the pvpserver will only thin out the population even more.

Bugs Gunny
07-09-05, 16:19
I had to start all over at the start of nc2.

I'm not going to start all over again and still see monks be king on that server.

Nope, i'll just stay on terra, and roleplay if there's no pvpers left there.

zii
07-09-05, 16:24
Something new, eh? I'll give it a shot and I'lll let you know how good or bad it is, you miserable old farts. :lol:

Ras Klaat
07-09-05, 16:24
Plaza1 safezone 'sigh'
this looks like KK thinks Neptune population will be low so they mess with the other servers, which will make more people go to Neptune.
Instead of making the current servers more PvP friendly they do the
opposite. You cant understand how sick it makes me to see Neptune
comming online.
Instead of taking away a few safe zones on current servers they add more so
their assine PvP server does not flop.
All this means is more peps going to Neptune, and less on other servers.
Servers may look something like this at peak times :

Mars 18%
Mercury 9%
Tera 16%
Neptune 8%

Thats alot lower than it is now, and even as it is now people are still complaining that it too low.

b4 you say it no i dont pk in plaza or anywhere else tbh. I usually do all
my fighting in op wars.
I hope im 100% wrong, but only time will tell.
I cant wait. :rolleyes:

Scanner Darkly
07-09-05, 16:30
I think Terra will remain around the 20% mark for a while at least, there might still be quite a sizeable Pandore exodus coming to us.

Still for the population to actually increase - that's mostly up to KK and a few people who's negative attitude and self fulfilling prophecies do nothing but harm to the dwindling community.

IF I had my way: endless whining=probation then ban. Useless posting: same.

Fuck free speech.

Guess you're relieved that I don't run the forum :)

Ras Klaat
07-09-05, 16:39
I think Terra will remain around the 20% mark for a while at least, there might still be quite a sizeable Pandore exodus coming to us.

When did Pandora have a sizeable population to consider it a exodus ?

Still for the population to actually increase - that's mostly up to KK and a few people who's negative attitude and self fulfilling prophecies do nothing but harm to the dwindling community.

It is up to KK to increas the population, thats true. Speaking of which has the game been released officially yet ? Im talking about the US, they tried to release in asia i belive.
If a US release has happened then i cant see where the people will come from tbh.

Morganth
07-09-05, 17:14
Welcome back Alton

Vae Victis
07-09-05, 19:49
Its goin be full of tsunami PE's :Dhell yeah :D
already made the perfect *cough* setup

RogerRamjet
07-09-05, 19:57
Mines better.

Vae Victis
07-09-05, 20:02
not its not

Torq
07-09-05, 20:16
mine will be the best :D :lol:

[PiN]Fluffy
07-09-05, 23:51
Its goin be full of tsunami PE's :D

IF i did go onto that server which i am not.... it;s gonna be suck a waste... I would be a Tsunami Pe TBH :p ... Or a Merc PE :p

But honestly What KK should have done is make one International Server and have EVERYONE play on that one. All they are gonna do with neptune is Spread our already Scarce population even more.... ANd make the game less enjoyable for people....

Asurmen Spec Op
08-09-05, 00:30
Id be a judge PE, just for shits and gigles.

PVP server is stupid, NC is a PVP game! this isnt wow and we dont need fucking pvp servers for a pvp game.

duh.

AltonMoney
08-09-05, 02:28
All this means is more peps going to Neptune, and less on other servers.
Servers may look something like this at peak times :

Mars 18%
Mercury 9%
Tera 16%
Neptune 8%

Thats alot lower than it is now, and even as it is now people are still complaining that it too low.

I guess I didn't get my point across. I think as many people as possible should move to the new server so we're all just about equal. Instead of Neptune taking away from other server pops, make it the only one worth playing on! I'm saying everyone should go for our own good.

[VP]Orion
08-09-05, 03:23
Its just not gonna happen Alton since most people actually dont like the rules of that server. Be happy if Neptun reaches 10% after being running for a month, I doubt it.

Kallima
08-09-05, 05:25
You are all in for a treat while leveling.

:)

Me and Thiwwy = Already using rares (Tank+PPU) FTW!!

LiL T
08-09-05, 07:21
hell yeah :D
already made the perfect *cough* setup

Mine will be evil :angel:

AltonMoney
08-09-05, 07:27
YEAH LT! yarr!