PDA

View Full Version : Getting annoyed here - fra/language/eng/help.ini?!?!

Heavyporker
06-09-05, 14:13
with the systems meltdown, I had to reinstall Neocron.

What is it with this thing?! the help.ini in the french language directory?!

filecheck's COMPLETELY useless with this!

I can't start neocron at all with the damn file integrity system shutting the whole fucking thing down! GRRR!

Bugs Gunny
06-09-05, 14:24
reinstall.

Heavyporker
06-09-05, 14:39
Don't think that'll do anything, actually.

CMaster
06-09-05, 15:29
delete it?

Shenyu Reza
06-09-05, 15:30
and reinstall :p

Heavyporker
06-09-05, 15:48
Right now, I'm just waiting out the File Checker's automated downloading.

If the help.ini's still fucked up, then I'll ritually sacrifice the females next door before trying to re-jigger the stupid .log files. After enjoying said females, of course. No sense in being wasteful.

Masentaja
06-09-05, 16:03
Heh, you be having the same problems I did.
HD crashed at summer, lost ALL. Cried, then looked the busted HD, and cried.

Then dloaded neocron2, took ages, cried, then installed, cried during patch download. Finally got it worked and c2p wont activate my account, cried period.

Only thing what made me chuckle was to log in with trial account to find my tank "synchronizing" in mc5 area:E

Heavyporker
06-09-05, 21:59
ouch, masentja.

was that HD drive due to hardware or a virus? because more and more, I'm suspecting virus.

ps - plus, after 5 hours of filecheck's downloading, help.ini won't FUCKING GET OUT OF MY WAY!!!

edit : KK, you FUCKING GENIUSES, WHY IN THE UNHOLIEST OF SCROTUM-PUNCHING DID YOU MAKE MY WHOLE GAME HINGE ON THE MOST USELESS FILES OF ALL NEOCRONDOM, THE ACCURSED language\fra\language\eng\help.ini FILE?!?! WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY!??! I WANT MY FUCKING NEOCRON ALREADY FFS!

Heavyporker
06-09-05, 22:43
help.ini finally solved (file checker was fucked up)

But now I can't get Neocron to run ( starts to enter the splashscreen and then abruptly crashes to desktop. software?)

nobby
06-09-05, 22:46
I used to get that but noone could help me...

I'm going to bed, night.

Original monk
07-09-05, 13:59
But now I can't get Neocron to run ( starts to enter the splashscreen and then abruptly crashes to desktop. software?)

i had this on an old small extra PC cause i didnt have enough ram ... put some extra ram in it and it worked tough i guess neocron allready worked on youre PC once so i doubt this is the problem

i can only give you one advise: reinstall again :(

Bugs Gunny
07-09-05, 14:25
Hehehe, this is why you should copy a GOOD install to a bunch of cd's or another drive, incase you have to reinstall it, you can just copy the files.

Original monk
07-09-05, 14:55
Hehehe, this is why you should copy a GOOD install to a bunch of cd's or another drive, incase you have to reinstall it, you can just copy the files.

a GOOD other drive ! :angel:

a4nic8er
07-09-05, 16:04
Someone in my clan recently had very similar problems (esp. the crash on launch) eventually escallating to the whole computerr randomly crashing. I suggested he try checking his RAM with memtest86 and he found he had a faulty stick of RAM.

Memtest86 unpacks to a bootable floppy or CD-ROM and can be used to check the RAM in any x86 computer - available in linux and DOS flavours at http://www.memtest86.com/ (scroll down a little to find v3.2).

Heavyporker
07-09-05, 17:26
I'll check the RAM then after I finish with the digital ladies of the night, if you know what I mean.

a4nic8er
07-09-05, 23:26
Nudge nudge, wink wink. Say no more guvnor.

Nidhogg
08-09-05, 23:37
Thread moved.

N

Xeno LARD
09-09-05, 00:07
I'll check the RAM then after I finish with the digital ladies of the night, if you know what I mean.

Choking your weasel?

Black lilly will see you through the night.

Asurmen Spec Op
09-09-05, 05:03
Choking your weasel?

Black lilly will see you through the night.
weasels have fealings too, they need air

Scanner Darkly
09-09-05, 13:44
Sure all your drivers and other system stuff is ok?

You could try Sisoft Sandra or similar to check that out (and the hardware).

Just keep a copy of NC and a norton ghosted copy of your complete clean system on some DVDs - if you want peace of mind...

Dominus
09-09-05, 16:32
Isn't it possible that the actual download is corrupted? I mean, if you've had trouble with another file, it's one of the more than likely possibilities.

Tried getting someone else to send you the Neocron executable?

Heavyporker
12-09-05, 08:32
The download file seemed to be decent enough, but yeah, there's a lot of corrupted .lua and neocron citysector maps. But I don't think that I had the corrupted language folder problems before.

Moot point now, since the WHOLE neocron folder is corrupt now. Pretty sure it's a system problem now, computer is telling me that .dlls and the directory is crapped up. Probably going to have to wipe the whole fucking hard drive. *groans*

I really wish I had backed up that language folder quicker off the bat. At least I got a backup of the patches folder.

Fuck. I'm really missing Neocron now. AND I'm burning subscription time to boot. Motherfuckers.

KK, would it really be too hard to have a per-diem subscription option?