PDA

View Full Version : No ppu - opfights?

Bugs Gunny
06-09-05, 11:32
Last night i had a quick chat with some anticities about opwars.
Some said opwars are fun, some said they weren't due to the whole monkthing.

Then i mentioned opwars without ppus would be fun.
Which was met with :"it would last 20 seconds"

Actualy this got me thinking. It wouldn't last 20 seconds, but people would bring a lot more different characters. They would employ ranged fight and cover to start the first engagement with sniper rifles, rocketlaunchers, rhinos.
Spies, pes, apus, tanks would all have their purpose.

I think it would be great fun to do opwars without ppus or blessed hybrids.
After the opfight people could bring a ppu to rez everyone and congratulate each other.

Maybe someone could organize this like once a week. Two teams of 10-15-20 fighters just fighting for an op. Last man standing wins for the team.

jini
06-09-05, 11:52
It is about time to participate in such an op war. If anything we could make it like a minievent or something much like what we did after the racing event of last Sunday. All thats needed is some organization between large clans. The fun will be tremendous, just concider the possibilities: stealthers, ppu pes and all of that plus what Bugs said... Im all in

retr0n
06-09-05, 11:53
A couple of us would do this every now and then. We would all go with spies
and PEs (usually only me) and hack 1 layer and wait for whoever shows up.

It's very good fun actually, even if the other team brings apus/ppus you can
still have a nice fight if your good prepared.

Clobber
06-09-05, 11:53
A no monk op fight would be even better. Tanks, pe and spies running riot :D

Original monk
06-09-05, 12:00
or a tank only OPwar .. OMG tank-o-cron revived !

Bugs Gunny
06-09-05, 12:09
I would bring at least one rhino. So when raptors hit, people can hide inside.
Also the rhino would be able to do good dammage on people sticking their head out.

Tanks using moonstrikers would artilery the op. Imagine what air support could do at such an opwar.
Pes and spies would be used a lot more.
Apus and apu hybrids would do well too, barreling the entrance preventing people from running in, using hl when in range, using cover etc...

Seraphin[69]
06-09-05, 12:10
Monk fest is not the most powerfull one... We had an opfight yesterday (a quick one btw)

Defenders : 2 apus, 2 ppus
Attackers : 3 PE 3 spies 1 hybrid 1 ppu

Even the ppu died to lowtech :-p

Brammers
06-09-05, 12:11
Forget Spyocron fights. Everyone would be using stealth all the time, and it would go on all day!

Bugs Gunny
06-09-05, 12:14
I usualy have no problem killing stealthers on my pe.

Kozmos
06-09-05, 12:15
We tried this back on pluto a long time ago,was funny because at first, everyone kept fightin like they had a PPU backing them lol, it was just a load ofduels with a couple smarties pickin off those that survived from range :P

Original monk
06-09-05, 12:16
']Even the ppu died to lowtech :-p

for example *cough* pure pierce pain easer ... super cheap, supercheap ammo, very efficient :)

lol how about a droner only OPfight :P

solling
06-09-05, 12:17
would be fun but like fights in PP one side eventually brings a ppu

sultana
06-09-05, 12:19
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say remove foreign shields and parashock. :lol:

(Hence the side bringing the ppu doesn't immediately get that huge advantage they do now.)

Bugs Gunny
06-09-05, 12:20
I've heard that before :-)

Well, i am all for that too.

Masentaja
06-09-05, 12:23
True gentleman fight :D

Would be fun though, not just standing in middle of op, in heals & shelters etc.

If some tanks start to blast aoe from hills , it surely makes you crap in your pants.

Original monk
06-09-05, 12:25
would be fun but like fights in PP one side eventually brings a ppu

i went to enough PPfights ... a PE DBing the whole time .. a tank thunderbolting the whole time and a cstank shooting at everything that moves lol 8|

another case this weekend .. 4 people including a PPUhybrid running around in PP .. showing of on ooc for a few hours allready ... i log my apuhybrid and get in and kill the ppuhybrid first ... the rest runs or GReps out on low hp ... afterwords i got whined at on ooc cause i brought a ppu they said ... TL10 ultimated heal still isnt holy heal but hey ...

tough tbh i also saw a ppu walk by ... i even tought it was an alt of theres or sumthing :) ... nomather what they ran away (and the ppu accidentaly walking by didnt even interfere with me nor the rest) as a suprise i gave em a nice portion of shittalk back on OOC :)

Bugs Gunny
06-09-05, 12:27
Sundaynights would be cool for this. Just some clan holding an op asks on trade for the same number of enemy fighters to form a team and gr there.

Then the attackers are given one minute after si to take position somewhere.

Countdown in zone and go at it.

jini
06-09-05, 12:30
Who's gonna organize this?
Massive registration, and specify time and place as if it was a minievent.
And there need to be leaders present to keep teasers away that will definitely try to use para lol

Original monk
06-09-05, 12:34
sounds like a very nice event/fight ... beginning of retail (NC1) these fights where the rule tbh ... never seen any monk except myself lol, and even then mostly on a tank :)

retr0n
06-09-05, 12:35
You know what would be cool, If this was an actual event, and a few GMs helped
out and ressurected ppl that died, but warped them to spot x on the map (say
eash side gets one spot) but gave ppl 30% si or something so that it would still
take you 3 minutes to rejoin the fight.

Also if we are doing no-ppus then ufcourse it has to be no-droners aswell.
Imaging 2-3 raptors and 2-3 kamis going off... Would be fun for 2 seconds.

Masentaja
06-09-05, 12:40
You know what would be cool, If this was an actual event, and a few GMs helped
out and ressurected ppl that died, but warped them to spot x on the map (say
eash side gets one spot) but gave ppl 30% si or something so that it would still
take you 3 minutes to rejoin the fight.

Also if we are doing no-ppus then ufcourse it has to be no-droners aswell.
Imaging 2-3 raptors and 2-3 kamis going off... Would be fun for 2 seconds.

King of the hill style, with two teams :o

Scanner Darkly
06-09-05, 13:41
I usualy have no problem killing stealthers on my pe.

Yep, I've seen him kill plenty of stealthy spies. Usually from this perspective:

YOU ARE DEAD. PRESS RMB TO SELECT GENREP... :lol:

I think this would make OP fights a hellova lot more fun. . .

Morganth
06-09-05, 15:24
I think it would be good fun. Gives me a chance to bring a character to an OP War that isn't a Blue Jawa. I'd hope there was one when the netcode gets fixed, because then I can come on my MC tank for once and actually register some hits when people aren't walking.

And if peopel weren't bothered about the faction they are fighting, then my Slasher PE might have some use outside of NF :D

zii
06-09-05, 18:30
Why not deactive the Holy heal in warzones :D

solling
06-09-05, 18:34
afterwords i got whined at on ooc cause i brought a ppu they said ... TL10 ultimated heal still isnt holy heal but hey ...

there was a ppu tho hence why people GRed out if u saw a red ppus what would u think ohh hes not helping the other red apu nooooo problem or damn they have a ppu hence gr out

sanityislost
06-09-05, 19:19
Sweet idea bugs :D

Meh they should just give ppus more pets and cut the heals buffs ect down to blessed....

SiL ..:..

LiL T
06-09-05, 23:11
Last night i had a quick chat with some anticities about opwars.
Some said opwars are fun, some said they weren't due to the whole monkthing.

Then i mentioned opwars without ppus would be fun.
Which was met with :"it would last 20 seconds"

Actualy this got me thinking. It wouldn't last 20 seconds, but people would bring a lot more different characters. They would employ ranged fight and cover to start the first engagement with sniper rifles, rocketlaunchers, rhinos.
Spies, pes, apus, tanks would all have their purpose.

I think it would be great fun to do opwars without ppus or blessed hybrids.
After the opfight people could bring a ppu to rez everyone and congratulate each other.

Maybe someone could organize this like once a week. Two teams of 10-15-20 fighters just fighting for an op. Last man standing wins for the team.

Stoped doing opwars, since most of it from a PE's POV is watching the daft monks barrel the UG or instant nuke some poor PE. What your talking about is similer to normal fighting CRP raids small PVP fights pking etc. Which is alot more fun than standing around some UG ..

paolo escobar
07-09-05, 00:40
Its sounds like a gr8 idea, but what happens when the defenders come out of the ug for the first time straight into the aoe from the tanks and apus?

Fight over tbh

Kierz
07-09-05, 01:16
How about this on neptune when it's up? cmon there's gotta be a reason for a pvp server, atm it doesn't look like too many are interested by the rules.

Also make the UG spawn in random places around the zone, or a few different exits in the OP..

Morganth
07-09-05, 01:36
there was a ppu tho hence why people GRed out if u saw a red ppus what would u think ohh hes not helping the other red apu nooooo problem or damn they have a ppu hence gr out

Yup, because if you stand around long enough to find out what the PPU is doing there, you'll either be dead or Para'd.

Stoped doing opwars, since most of it from a PE's POV is watching the daft monks barrel the UG or instant nuke some poor PE. What your talking about is similer to normal fighting CRP raids small PVP fights pking etc. Which is alot more fun than standing around some UG ..

I remember going to OP wars with you in -=A.M.R=-, could always here your Libby tapping away at every monk that came against us :lol:

Dargeshaad
07-09-05, 07:18
Its sounds like a gr8 idea, but what happens when the defenders come out of the ug for the first time straight into the aoe from the tanks and apus?

Fight over tbh
Oh whatever did people do back when you couldn't GR into the UG :rolleyes:

Original monk
07-09-05, 09:55

the oocwhiners that genrepped away did so because they where on 10 hp from my holy lightning and if they didnt GR out they would have to genrep either way but then with 40 synaptic ..

the ppu yust passed by at the end, how the heck do i know who that stupid ppu was ... not that he DBed, freezed, healed, sheltered me or any enemy around ... he didnt interfer at all (wich was cool but most where gone, and the ppuhybrid dead, allready anyway ...)

and what would i think when i see a red ppu dropping by ? .. lets keel em i would think lol

but there wasnt alot to kill for these guys cause the PE was stealthwhoring at 1hp ... the ppuyhybrid was lying dead on the floor and the tank GRed out at 10 hp with me HLing em in the back

these guys yust had a big mouth on ooc for a few hours and ran away like chickens for 1 apuhybrid ... simple as that

Bugs Gunny
07-09-05, 09:57
IF the pe was stealthwhoring at 1hp you should have killed him too you nib :-)
You have db, and multi lightning spell.

Original monk
07-09-05, 10:02
i couldnt find em nomore.. he yust left, probably cause hes mates left

and dont use multilightningbolt in PP3 or you kill the lowlevelnpcs that are there :/

Bugs Gunny
07-09-05, 10:03
I'm gonna commence loming on my ppu to make him a blessed hybrid.

XaNToR
07-09-05, 11:22
i had this idea on uranus as event already....

no stealth no ppu, no hybrids, everyone is getting rezzed after the fight. no running away

Each fight is done by a team out of 7 or 9

the OP to fight should be quite open... e.g reagons fortress (?) jerico or krupp....

well everyone thought it would be a great idea... unfortunately no one really turned up, tried it twice.... pure disappointment

jini
07-09-05, 11:33
Maybe people really want ppus and accompanying para spells... You can never actually tell anything about peoples minds, unless you are in a position of authority. Which is why elections are not judged by some polls

sultana
07-09-05, 13:11
Bleh, by removing stealth though, your removing the main advantage pes and spies have. Though I do think stealth 3 and the obliv are over the top, even stealth 2 a little bit.

solling
08-09-05, 12:43
these guys yust had a big mouth on ooc for a few hours and ran away like chickens for 1 apuhybrid ... simple as that

if i remeber correctly u where the one starting on ooc...

Bugs Gunny
08-09-05, 12:47
Everyone who has never started silly shittalk on ooc, raise their hands now.....
*Looks around the room full of people with their eyes staring at the floor*