PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favourite MOB

LiL T
05-09-05, 20:17
Quick poll just to see and maybe help the DEV's see what areas in the game are dull/lacking and which are cool. My favourite is still the grim chaser and most other fire mobs, I like these because they give everything from rare parts, good junk, and great XP when fighting a 120/120 mob. Oh and they look pretty good and look like there pretty much alive with the arms thrashing about and the sounds :lol:

I tryed to include every main one but if you like another thats not in the poll then just post

Tratos
05-09-05, 20:18
Launcher Cyclops For The Win!

Asurmen Spec Op
05-09-05, 20:20
malfunctioning storm bot pwns

Y reps are best on the poll, I hunt em all the time

Kierz
05-09-05, 20:21
poll? =p

It's raptors for me anyway, I was sad when TG were allowed back in the canyon, but I guess I killed so many raptors they lost =[ knew i shoulda let that one last terror raptor live to make babies

edit: hrhr

LiL T
05-09-05, 20:22
ok the poll is up :wtf: god damn posting befor I finish

KOS etc j/k ^^

Vae Victis
05-09-05, 20:26
chaser
best xp tbh :p
plus spawns babies

NONpk
05-09-05, 20:51
No Droms ? :(

Argent
05-09-05, 20:51
No Cruncher, no vote.

Drake6k
05-09-05, 21:07
No Cruncher, no vote.

Heehe, yes.

Cruncher is my favorite :D

Vae Victis
05-09-05, 21:36
No Droms ? :(droms are so 90s

msdong
05-09-05, 22:21
i really miss my doomie. i love them since i start NC.
since a few week i like to hunt Hoverbomber because the sectors are so empty and 6 of em in a bunch are still a challage to hunt in a rhino ;)

retr0n
05-09-05, 22:40
Doomreaper

I used to love farming them for rares, they were easy to kill and no need for
hacking, shame they hardly drop any rares nowdays :s

Richard Blade
05-09-05, 22:42
My favorites are the Decayed Brutes, Decayed Horrors and their lesser lines.
Fun to hunt, fun to loot, fun to eat, fun to sex. 8|

Skusty
05-09-05, 22:53
Bots are the coolest man! :D

darkservent
05-09-05, 23:12
Chasers, Doomies, all fire mobs are freaking fun but then again I do live in cycrow when I ever play the game(which I havnt for just under a year now).

Redburn
05-09-05, 23:27
where's the Hazard worms...... They were fun in NC1 found one a few weeks back..

Warbots yes, Grim Chasers yes.

NONpk
06-09-05, 00:18
Ya Hazard Worms are back and they are cool too :lol:

-FN-
06-09-05, 00:44
Poisonous Spider Queen and her sexy, sexy transparent abdomen.

And crunchers. I'd love to see an entire cruncher village. So we could nuke it.

Riddle
06-09-05, 01:08
Gotta love them Hurlers.

Only for the fact when i started this game I was hunting dam spiders till lv 15ish then some kind soul showed me the way to the old storage in IND-A NC1. The first thing i saw in there was a hurler and though WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WTF is THAT!

Beats spiders anyday! :D

IceStorm
06-09-05, 01:36
Doomreaper ... shame they hardly drop any rares nowdays :sStrange, I get about the same rare drop rate from the Doomies (did the DoY Freedom Fighter CPU thingy) that I do from Warbots. One in four or five would drop a couple rares. That's about the same as Warbots.

My favorite is Warbots. I wish there was a holovest that turned me into a Warbot and made me unrecognizable to them so I could stand in a herd of Warbots for an hour or two.

Obsidian X
06-09-05, 01:55
Warbots ftw, I remember the elation of killing my first one :D

Mobs I hate:

- Y-Reps, they suck, I just don't like them, they seem too much effort.
- DoY bots becuase of their zerging ways, and they move too damn fast.
- Launchers, becuase I'm sick of the sight of them (every one of my chars has been or still is hunting launchers)
- Hoverbombers annoy me becuase the only chance you have of killing them is with a ranged weapon, and they're a bitch to hack.

Also - bring back Regant Mutants, and more variety in mutants. A mutant that could heal/shelter/def or even antibuff would be top draw! :cool:

sanityislost
06-09-05, 02:57
All the mobs in El Farid oh and Wee crabs!

SiL ..:..

FarSight
06-09-05, 02:58
Also - bring back Regant Mutants, and more variety in mutants. A mutant that could heal/shelter/def or even antibuff would be top draw! :cool:
They zergin too....
I like small spiderbot before nerf ... F1 car speed , shoting beyond cliping range uber mob .... dragonflies family pwnz too

vashtyphoon78
06-09-05, 03:15
mmmmm....hoverbomby...

Mr Kot
06-09-05, 05:11
Like:

Warbots - got mah first trophy from one today: yay!
Launchers - nice big target box and slow rate of fire: good for newbs
Grim Chasers / Persecutors - much for same reasons as LiL T suggested.
AB Vandals - almost like target practice; similar size hitboxes to players and somewhat unpredictable movements
Aggy Captains - who doesn't love aggy captains, even if only for sentimental reasons? Good mission fodder too.
Doomreapers / Terror Leapers - easy kills and they drop techs

Dislike:

Terror Raptors and Giant Black Scorpions - spawn too many annoying mobs that just get in the way and are a bitch to target.
Swampmages - stack you from halfway across a zone, annoying sound.
All poison plants - first mobs that ever owned me in NC. Never forgiven them.
Beggars / Lazars etc. Good level for newbs, but a bitch to target sometimes when they run around.
Mutant gunmen - Flamethrower lag-o-cron
Enlightened Preachers - dont hurt much but set you on fire from across a zone
Mutant soldiers - Anything with a nailgun that can push you that far deserves to die.
Y-reps / MC5 bots - same reasons as Obsidian X. Crappy loot for the trouble.
Hoverbots / stations / bombers / eyes - Hack problems as mentioned. Makes melee tanks lose the will to live... and dont get me started on the spiderbots :(
Ok, lets talk about spiderbots. Just plain annoying. Insane aggro range, moves too fast for the client / server latency to cope with, shit loot and makes melee users want to cry.

Absolutely fucking HATE:

DoY bots in every size, shape and form. They dont drop a single thing that's valuable (unless someone spawns the TT dude again *hint hint*) Too much trouble to kill, insane range, invisible AoE attacks, they camp zonelines in packs even worse than Paradox, and totally unbalance the NC / DoY divide. And those DoY assault unit MKII are still buggered. Direct hits are ok, AoE attack still drops other 120 mobs in a few hits with NO DAMAGE NUMBERS. All MKII bots have hitboxes too small too. Oh, and they can enter those desert buildings and climb stairs, so there goes our cover. Worst of all, when (not 'if') they kill you, they move over your body and make some kind of emote like theyre laughing at you.

Remove. Now.

Test-0
06-09-05, 05:58
Dragon flies for the win! :D Lil Bastard will someday rule the whole world, killing all whom oppose it. Mwa ha ha ha!!! :angel:

Also, I don't think this should be a poll, there are too many diffrent mobs in the game to list all of them. Better that people just say what mob they like and be done with it then put up an incomplete poll.

Anywho, I think the mob situation in the game is quite good, it's only the players that don't bother to look around. I bet most people have never seen a swamp strangler or mage only because they think the only way to 'play' is to power level in the same boring spots the entire game. Doesn't help much when current players tell newer people exactly where to go and what to do and when. I remember back in beta leaving Neocron city for the first time, only to encounter mobs I had never even known existed. Or months later when I first stumbled upon a worm tunnel. You don't forget stuff like that. I think everyone should roll up a new character, explore places you had never been to and just see what kinds of lifeforms you've missed. Even after years of gameplay, your bound to find something new. ;)

Ras Klaat
06-09-05, 06:59
Doomies are the win for techs
Creepers (Chaos Mobs in General) for the lvl'n

naimex
06-09-05, 08:55
Chaser -> Have you seen a beast more evil?
Y Rep -> Bad ass playerfuckers!
Warbot -> The coolest concept in existance.

Scanner Darkly
06-09-05, 09:45
Y-Reps have always been fun to hunt for my gang of misfits in the unforgiving terrain around ceres/foster.

I'm in love with the Hurler King now tho :angel:

Original monk
06-09-05, 10:05
my favourite bot ingame is the doy assaultbot MKII (in the doy level3 tunnels) because its the only bot where i really have to look out for on my ppu (bar lil buggers but i couldnt find em last time i went hunting em :/ any clues where they keep emselves hidden nowadays are welcome)

http://users.pandora.be/original/doy.jpg

i have deep respect for this mkII bot as it doesnt keep itself to any logical rule in mobland ... he agro's everyone at the same time instead of a single person, shoots true walls and neglects shelter/deflector ... its damage on a capped full buffed ppu ranges from about 170 to 560 each hit and you dont see it firing at you nor do you feel impact (you see it firing on a teammates screen hehe) ... sometimes you dont even see em appear before youre dead (thats what i call stealth) and last time he killed me and my team about 3 seconds after he died emself O.O (could also be another MKII bot in the wall/invisible or we could been dead allready but drop down a millisec later due to lag :) )

i like him because it adds another dimension to doy level3 tunnels (certainly if 4 of em spawn :P) .. you gotta watch youre back and sooner or later everyone dies anyways :) .. thats the way it is ..

the MKII bot is the gatekeeper and protector to the world of ultima's, wich is very nice cause ultima's get an exclusive touch this way :)

doy 3 tunnels are generally enjoyable cause they have a variety of bots like ravagerweilding yreps, warriors with rog/doomie and the assaultbots: the lil one who is the cutest one (120/120) ... the big one who also drops nice (110/110) and ffcourse the bigg boss: MKII)

also the fact the loot has such a variety makes up for the times the MKII annihilates youre entire team in about half a second :) a few illegals, some techs and when youre lucky: an ultima ... always enjoyable !

the person or team at KK-HQ who invented the doytunnels should get a raise as its fun to hunt the caves, diffrent levels have diffrent colours/textures and atmosphere (like hunting old mineshafts) and ffcourse the loots good ... real hilevel content IMO and way more enjoyable then being packed togheter in a 4x4 square room shooting with youre mal at always the same mob ... plus the greatest part of all: there are NO droners exploiting and farming the cave nonstop while they have the guts shittalking you cause you killed there MC5exploiting ass :)

(image of the bot is kindly borrowed from the nc.synergyxr.net resource site mob database)

Argent
06-09-05, 10:13
Oh btw, this would have won, but it's not ingame, at least not spawning ;]

http://neocron.jafc.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=9549

Agent L
06-09-05, 10:24
Droms !

Darkana
06-09-05, 10:37
Oh btw, this would have won, but it's not ingame, at least not spawning ;]

http://neocron.jafc.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=9549Hmmm ... me & my STORM Laser :D I have to look through my archive, maybe I got this thing in a front view, too :)

FarSight
06-09-05, 11:28
i have deep respect for this mkII bot as it doesnt keep itself to any logical rule in mobland ... he agro's everyone at the same time instead of a single person, shoots true walls and neglects shelter/deflector ... its damage on a capped full buffed ppu ranges from about 170 to 560 each hit and you dont see it firing at you nor do you feel impact (you see it firing on a teammates screen hehe) ... sometimes you dont even see em appear before youre dead (thats what i call stealth) and last time he killed me and my team about 3 seconds after he died emself O.O (could also be another MKII bot in the wall/invisible or we could been dead allready but drop down a millisec later due to lag :) )

Before 143 it wasnt that bad ... now its very very bad .... drop 550+hp capped / full ppu buffed tank (with resist setup for mc5/doy tunnels) and fully buffed capped ppu in 1 (ONE) AoE attack lol

CMaster
06-09-05, 11:39
http://users.pandora.be/original/doy.jpg

(image of the bot is kindly borrowed from the nc.synergyxr.net resource site mob database)

I almost wonder how they got that shot - its name is red, suggesting enemy - but what enemy could get that close top that THING and live? All my screenies of it have either it or me dead.

Oh, and DoY bots have the weirdest AI too. They don't like being loners, so they all group together no matter where they spawned. They feel a deep draw towards zonelines and they have curisoity. I flew a glider to DoY once, then crashed it into the ASG *stupid bugged hitboxes). A gang of DoY bots (like I say, they never go anywhere alone) including a God-Bot came over and investigated the remains of my glider. There is something just plain creepy about those zerging fucks.

[edit @ original] Yep, thats pretty much clan vent. "Oh SHIT! Its the bugged bot, RUN AWAY". Suprsiing how often running away doesnt even help.

Original monk
06-09-05, 11:40
Before 143 it wasnt that bad ... now its very very bad .... drop 550+hp capped / full ppu buffed tank (with resist setup for mc5/doy tunnels) and fully buffed capped ppu in 1 (ONE) AoE attack lol

yeah great hé :) probably the entire team dies once or a few times depending on how many of em spawned (mostly one but previous weekend it where 4 of em lol) but you get used to it (the dieing) hehe, funny is the reaction when we notice the bot: in dutch: PAS OP TIS "DE ZOT" !!!! LOPEEEUH !!! (in english: LOOK OUT ITS "THE CRAZY ONE" !!!! RUUUN !!! ) lol

and hey argent & darkana, wth is that thing LoL

(cmaster maybe a stealther took it, altough i dont even know if stealth works when facing the bot, it wouldnt suprise me if the bot yust ignored stealth like he ignores everything else and yust aggros everything :P ... i have a few very nice screens tough ... from the seconds before i died :P )

i love that MKII bot, it looks very impressive when he drives by and it gets everyone nervous :P

naimex
06-09-05, 12:01
and hey argent & darkana, wth is that thing LoL

looks like a kind of dune worm.

FarSight
06-09-05, 12:04
Forgot to mention that this AoE attack was w/o sound or visual effect ... we died instantly and speak on comms like "wtf kami here ?" then bot appears from around croner to investigate remains and all was clear to us ...

Argent
06-09-05, 12:21
It is a faint memory.... Somewhere far far away.

Original monk
06-09-05, 12:30
It is a faint memory.... Somewhere far far away.

looking at that screen i never saw sumthing like that before ... i do remember standing in plaza 1 at yo's in beta4 and a GM spawning a monster infront of me looking like a grim persy but about 15 times higher and on 4 feet like a dog ... not like the grim persy's that sit on there ass ... think the foot was about 2 times as high as a player lol ... never seen it afterwords :)

you guys have any other screens of that weird green animal ?

Argent
06-09-05, 12:49
Possibly a few. Slightly dark, but meh.

http://neocron.jafc.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=9550&stc=1
http://neocron.jafc.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=9551&stc=1
http://neocron.jafc.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=9552&stc=1

Superbron
06-09-05, 13:06
Hairy spider :D

Mr Kot
06-09-05, 13:17
I almost wonder how they got that shot - its name is red, suggesting enemy - but what enemy could get that close top that THING and live? All my screenies of it have either it or me dead.Probably a pro city char that turned anti. The bots only shoot on faction, but appear red because of still bad DoY symp. Same with a pro that becomes City Mercs

Oh, and DoY bots have the weirdest AI too. They don't like being loners, so they all group together no matter where they spawned. They feel a deep draw towards zonelines and they have curisoity. I flew a glider to DoY once, then crashed it into the ASG *stupid bugged hitboxes). A gang of DoY bots (like I say, they never go anywhere alone) including a God-Bot came over and investigated the remains of my glider. There is something just plain creepy about those zerging fucks.I told you.... they're all laughing at you.

RUn3
06-09-05, 20:53
Wee crabs.
nuff said

Cpl Hicks
06-09-05, 22:01
I like the strange doy 93720372201 something cyborgs.
They make strange sounds and I kick their butts.

Darkana
07-09-05, 00:04
A GM using a spider skin I have never seen anywhere else again, the thingy Argent mentioned already (view frontal :)) and the swamprider who finally made it "into" the game.

Tratos
07-09-05, 00:10
http://forum.neocron.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9560

is a poison spider....or lokos like one,

the big sandworms need to reapear as rare spawns :D

Toxen
07-09-05, 00:12
Ok someone said they saw a harzard worm a few weeks back earlier in this thread... like where cus theres nothing lurking around the size of the harzard worms in the screenies I think i've seen smaller versions in the dersert up by doy.... but man what ever those things were they need to be brought back maybe build the next WoC quest around them.

Tesee
07-09-05, 01:33
no mechturtle -> no vote

Original monk
07-09-05, 12:39
darn argent and darkana thats the weirdest thing i ever saw and the first time i see that lol O.O weird animal

and imo that spiderskin the GM has should be the bossmob 120/120 of a (still not existing) spidercave somewhere near the city :P that spawns lil crawling spiders of 100/100 etc :)

i saw an inator.lua once but i think it was yust an MC5 yrep that got a bugged name, pitty cause it looked cool :P

http://users.pandora.be/original/46.jpg

Shenyu Reza
07-09-05, 13:00
A GM using a spider skin I have never seen anywhere else again, the thingy Argent mentioned already (view frontal :)) and the swamprider who finally made it "into" the game.

I like the second picture, i've never see that ;

nevermind,
no roach no vote

CMaster
07-09-05, 13:13
the thingy Argent mentioned already (view frontal :))
Why do you refuse to give us a name? :confused:

Nullvoid
07-09-05, 13:16
I always found hazard worms gathered mostly around the zones north and east of nemesis lab, especially j_13, the one you have to go for the biotech epic. In the south-east region of that zone you'll find lots of sandcrawlers and the odd hazard worm.

The middle one of darkana's screenies is just 8|

borl
07-09-05, 14:08
Has to be Launcher Cyclops, I remember spending days killing them at Battledome for my first Marine CPU :)

ariall
07-09-05, 17:54
Launcher cyclops rules!!
I like the sound when they spawn, something like: "oooh yeah"
Listen good when they spawn, they really say something :D
BTW, why this mob dont have a trophy?

Mystic-Crusader
07-09-05, 19:05

Love that spider, wtf is the middle pic :lol: , and swamp rider in nc1 in plaza? how did i miss all this :mad:

Darkana
08-09-05, 00:44
Here I got a Launcher Cyclops and a Warbot :D

PS: Someone spoiled already, what the beast in the "middle" pic is :) (and no, it's no hazard worm).

jini
08-09-05, 06:18
funniest and toughest mob ingame by far is the lil bastard. This gives me the most fun at least did gave me, I dunno if its still located in the swamps by regant area. Hard to kill, good aiming practice, lots of time trying to nail the bitch down.

Second best, or in par the mad copbot inside gaya. Very good A.I very hard to kill, very lethal.

third in place comes the Yreps in ceres. Seems like they have same Ai as the stormbot altho not sure

imper1um
08-09-05, 06:22
My favourite:
http://www.geocities.com/jimbo5422/grimpros.jpg

imper1um
08-09-05, 06:27
they camp zonelines in packs even worse than Paradox,
Paradox ftw tbh :)

Asurmen Spec Op
08-09-05, 06:30
My favourite:
http://www.geocities.com/jimbo5422/grimpros.jpg