PDA

View Full Version : Heals, heal sanctums and group heals

Fuente
04-09-05, 01:17
I have a question about all those different kind of heals: are they the same or is there a difference? Can they stack?

Secret Agent
04-09-05, 01:20
I believe the sanctums stack

Vae Victis
04-09-05, 01:21
heal only heals the person you target, dont target anyone = heals yourself.
healsanctum, heals a bit every second for a minute or so, heals u and everyone near you, but the heal u gain per tick sucks.
group heal = heal everyone around you + yourself.

just use heal and heal group, sanctums are only good for lvling in chaos caves or something

none of em stack, btw.
can only have 1 sanc, 1 heal group and 1 heal at a time
(cant have heal AND healgroup at the same time tho)

Dribble Joy
04-09-05, 02:16
Unless something changed, heals (group or self, the two are the same in effect, just that the method of targeting is different) and sanctums do stack, just that there is no sanctum heal stack in the RPOS.

Tostino
04-09-05, 03:31
For leveling in big teams I would use a group heal (if you are the ppu that is) with a heal sanct runing. For PvP you will want to use the normal heal almost the whole time. But if you ever want to get a rez off in a op war then you will want to use a heal sanct and a normal heal at the same time.

Fuente
04-09-05, 13:28
Tyvm

sanctums do stack, just that there is no sanctum heal stack in the RPOS.

Are you sure about this?

RogerRamjet
04-09-05, 15:58
He means if you have a sanctum up, it will do 25HP for instance per tick, and if another person with a sanctum turns up it will do 50HP per tick.

Xiphias
04-09-05, 22:57
lol, i can see it now... 15 PPU's in a fight, and 2 fighters, no dies due to the amount of stacks of heal sanctums.

... and no, heal sanctums from different PPU's don't stack, same goes for normal heals. Try it, you can't reset the heal timer, which is why people noob heal. It stops people from being able to get a proper heal off.

Group heal and a normal heal is basically the same thing, just think the group heal as a AOE normal heal, that can't be reset.

... oh, and hello everybody :)

Mechanicus
05-09-05, 01:51
i know for a fact you can stack holy/blessed sanctums

Zeninja
05-09-05, 03:06
... and no, heal sanctums from different PPU's don't stack, same goes for normal heals. Try it, you can't reset the heal timer
Hi !

I've tried it some months ago, using a blessed heal sanctum from an hybrid + heal sanctum from a Pe, and they DO stack (not tested on a third person, only watched the health from one of my two chars running his own sanctum too). As well as sanctum stack with any self/group heal (= 3 heal sources in that case). Seems it's the same for Mechanicus.

So, I wouldn't see the point for us and devs to make it not stackable when using two identical sanctums (I mean, of the same TL), and for that reason I haven't tested it yet, but I will make it soon just to see wether or not what you just said contains only the least grain of truth :rolleyes:

Another thing is, that contrary to Vae Victis I think you'll get almost the same health points per tick from a single/group heal and from a sanctum of comparable TL (3 and 9, 55/58, 85/81), their main difference being the time between each tick, you just get more ticks from self/group than sanctums in the same interval. You may think spreading over the same amount of health for a different period makes one suck, I would just answer "depends on the situation".

IceStorm
05-09-05, 05:15
You may think spreading over the same amount of health for a different period makes one suck, I would just answer "depends on the situation".While doing the DoY mini PPR quest the past week, I used a Heal Sanc along with my Heal instead of just my Heal like I normally do while hunting. The Heal Sanc's 60 second timer was much more useful in keeping me alive than just using the Heal alone. Not having to recast every 15 seconds was a godsend, especially during the fire mob part.

Darkana
05-09-05, 06:54
Heal
Single target heal. Does not stack. Does not overwrite lower heals, means there can be only one heal running at a time. Group Heal
Group Heal is similar to single target heal, thus you can either have a normal heal or a group heal running. Group Heal affects yourself as a PPU and all nearby runners. While some do like Group Heal I demise it, because of timing issues (I will come to this further down). Heal Sanctum
Heal Sanctums are long running heals contrary to the effects of Heal/Group Heal. They affect the area around the PPU (and the PPU, too). Heal Sanctums do stack, regardless which one it is and how many. Note for LE players: Heal Sanctum, like all the other sanctums, only works on the caster!

If you are crouched all the time, effects like heal last twice as long compared to the timer while you are standing. This affects shieldings like deflector and shelter, too. Especially in caves/dungeons tanks do crouch because of their AoE, which renders things like Group Heal technically useless, as the buff + heal timers of your team members get out of sync. Means using Group Heal (as well as other Group spells) may work, if the circumstances and the team allows for it.

jini
05-09-05, 07:25
Heal

Single target heal. Does not stack. Does not overwrite lower heals, means there can be only one heal running at a time.
Group Heal

Group Heal is similar to single target heal, thus you can either have a normal heal or a group heal running. Group Heal affects yourself as a PPU and all nearby runners. While some do like Group Heal I demise it, because of timing issues (I will come to this further down).
Heal Sanctum

Heal Sanctums are long running heals contrary to the effects of Heal/Group Heal. They affect the area around the PPU (and the PPU, too). Heal Sanctums do stack, regardless which one it is and how many. Note for LE players: Heal Sanctum, like all the other sanctums, only works on the caster!

If you are crouched all the time, effects like heal last twice as long compared to the timer while you are standing. This affects shieldings like deflector and shelter, too. Especially in caves/dungeons tanks do crouch because of their AoE, which renders things like Group Heal technically useless, as the buff + heal timers of your team members get out of sync. Means using Group Heal (as well as other Group spells) may work, if the circumstances and the team allows for it.

May I add to all that as well this:
A foreign cast heal lasts 2 times when the target is crouching for twice the healing power, While a self casted one, lasts 2 times again but for less healing power (you get the healing power of when you standing up)

Darkana
05-09-05, 07:52
May I add to all that as well this:
A foreign cast heal lasts 2 times when the target is crouching for twice the healing power, While a self casted one, lasts 2 times again but for less healing power (you get the healing power of when you standing up)The healing power doesn't change. It's a HoT (Heal over Time, like all heals in NC). The power of the heal-ticks and the delay between them doesn't change, just the time the HoT is lasting.

May I refer to the tests we did a while ago? :p :angel:

Superbron
05-09-05, 08:36
Heal Sanctums are long running heals contrary to the effects of Heal/Group Heal. They affect the area around the PPU (and the PPU, too). Heal Sanctums do stack, regardless which one it is and how many.
Nice, I didn't know that. Just thought they didn't stack, because of the RPOS...

Vae Victis
05-09-05, 08:45
Heal

Single target heal. Does not stack. Does not overwrite lower heals, means there can be only one heal running at a time.
Group Heal

Group Heal is similar to single target heal, thus you can either have a normal heal or a group heal running. Group Heal affects yourself as a PPU and all nearby runners. While some do like Group Heal I demise it, because of timing issues (I will come to this further down).
Heal Sanctum

Heal Sanctums are long running heals contrary to the effects of Heal/Group Heal. They affect the area around the PPU (and the PPU, too). Heal Sanctums do stack, regardless which one it is and how many. Note for LE players: Heal Sanctum, like all the other sanctums, only works on the caster!Ok, tell us, where is your Neocron-dictionary? try and find this word in the dictionary: zerg
this so reminds me of that one post by Jeoff Parkins or whatever his name was, neocron description :p

jini
05-09-05, 09:43
The healing power doesn't change. It's a HoT (Heal over Time, like all heals in NC). The power of the heal-ticks and the delay between them doesn't change, just the time the HoT is lasting.

May I refer to the tests we did a while ago? :p :angel:
lol i do refer on those tests :D
It's my understanding from those tests we did that if you are crouched for both occasions you are getting double the time. What changes tho is
1. You getting a foreign heal in which case heal per tick are same crouched or staying up, meaning if you stay up you get half health back of what you will do if you crouch (hence the 2x i keep saying lol)
2. You cast heal using your own spell. In this case if you crouch you get double the duration again, but half the healing power of what you would have if stayed up. Meaning that when on self heals its better to stand up, even tho there are other parameters into this.
Unless im doing something wrong, in which case I would gladly do those tests again :)

Bugs Gunny
05-09-05, 09:55
Heal sct DOES stack.

Crouching makes shelter, deflector last twice as long.
Healing while crouched makes the heal last 30 seconds and it will heal the same amount per tick as standing up.

Anyone who says otherwise will be taken out back and shot.

Vae Victis
05-09-05, 10:01
free backstage passes wooooooooooooooooooooooo :D

jini
05-09-05, 10:03
Heal sct DOES stack.

Crouching makes shelter, deflector last twice as long.
Healing while crouched makes the heal last 30 seconds and it will heal the same amount per tick as standing up.

Anyone who says otherwise will be taken out back and shot.
Jeez dont be so harsh :D
I say Otherwise!
Indeed what you say is true, but Im speaking of FOREIGN casted heal bugs....
against self casted ones... Now, doing this you will discover that it heals 2x

Edit... meaning that: person A heals Person B;
case 1: person b stands up he gets 100 hlt points back
case 2: person b crouches he gets 200 hlt points back

Edit2... in both cases same person A heals person B, while person A drinks Jack Whiskey