PDA

View Full Version : Kami drones..

[TgR]KILLER
04-09-05, 00:30
soo as i launched nc again i found another thing to whine about. gosh i play 1 hour every 2 days now and always something pisses me off good thing ? :rolleyes:

but why the hell are kami drones so fucking overpowerd now ? i was just standing @ drt with my ppu capped buffs fully buffed even a HH running i see nothing on local or whatever and suddenly bam. and i'm dead. kami drone just blew me up never saw, heard or smelled it comming it just blew up and took my ppu with it. fun fighting against something thats impossible to fight against/

retr0n
04-09-05, 00:59
Droners are overpowered in general, by the time you find them you are dead in
99% of the cases, unless the droner sucks (or you are a ppu or have ppu
backup, but that's not different then to any other classes). They are hard to find
(droners) and hard to hit (drones).

</rant>

And yes, the Kami hurt like hell.

Dargeshaad
04-09-05, 01:33
KILLER'] fun fighting against something thats impossible to fight against/
You mean PPUs? :lol:

Forked
04-09-05, 01:58
The Kamikaze line of drones do too much damage due to a bug I think. As a droner I kinda enjoy playing with revenges, but oneshot killing people gets boring after awhile. Hopefully there will be a fix soon to get them back to what they were.

On the "droners are overpowered" you are not exactly right. Trouble is it's pretty easy to hit them if you generally have a high difference in ping between yourself and the droner. Because of the crappy netcode the drones stop in mid air for you and you can pelt it and the droner won't see a thing, even when it for the droner is on the other side of a wall when it gets hit. At CRP I've lost so many raptors trying to kill apu-ppu teams that I gave it up.

Also hunting spys are kinda hard, as they generally stealthwhore, so unless I surprise one I seldom get the kill without a serious hunt. PE's are almost the same, higher resists. Then tanks and a lone apu is pretty much toast the moment I open up. A lone droner against a bunch of enemies are pretty much a nono, as they will tear it up, while you as a droner tear your hair out while continuously cursing the netcode. :)

So when they actually optimize the netcode a bunch I might enjoy droning again.

NONpk
04-09-05, 02:14
Thought 1 shot kills are impossible ? o_O .

and another bug. :eek:

Forked
04-09-05, 02:52
Well, it should be impossible but I've seen it done after latest patch with kamikaze/revenge drones. I try not to use them as it gives me an unfair advantage, but not everybody is like me.

Tostino
04-09-05, 03:45
Last patch they made it so mobs could one shot kill, but that must have also worked with guns. Beacuse now I can one shot noobs with a SH when you couldn't before. I think one shoting is fine if it's in reason. If you have a SH or revenge or somthing of that sort and you shoot a /20 (not saying that killing noobs is good ;)) it should kill him instantly. But if you shoot a well setup caped tank lets say a revenge should do like 350-400 and a SH should do 180-200 (self buffed).
Just my thoughts.

Drake6k
04-09-05, 04:03
It makes me wish I still had my PE melee/droner.. Kami drones and paw of tiger.

I don't know how powerful drones are now.. but I never had problems with droners, they are too slow. I just ran away and healed, no problem.

1 shot kill sounds cool :D

Koshinn
04-09-05, 04:20
1 shot kill with a kami shouldn't be possible but I think I know why it works. Drones count as.. mobs? If that's true then they can 1 shot kill ppl.

SirRah
04-09-05, 04:28
Does my HL count as mob as well?

With the current netcode and the possibility to 1-shot-kill kami drones a really deadly.

Gotterdammerung
04-09-05, 05:10
For all the years that droners were the unloved bastard children of the game I never thought I'd see the day when people would say that they are overpowered.

Hell surely must be frozen over.

eprodigy
04-09-05, 07:04
i like it.. killing ppus in one shot that is

Kozmos
04-09-05, 07:04
For all the years that droners were the unloved bastard children of the game I never thought I'd see the day when people would say that they are overpowered.

I would honestly say its a bug, afaik, a drone counts the same as a mob, to stop SL loss for destroying a drone etc instead of it counting as a player

with the last patch, mobs are now able to make over a certain % damage in one hit, and thus, kami drones are alot more powerfull.

To be honest, i like them as they are, I dont play a droner myself before you say that. I play a tank, and yes ive taken 400 hp off one kami drone before. but then again, the majority of times, i take hardly anything from a kami drone because their bastards to hit with because runner locations are so messed up.

Mr Friendly
04-09-05, 07:09
Thought 1 shot kills are impossible ? o_O .

and another bug. :eek:

honestly....i dont think its the kami drones that are bugged...

we were gathering up in an OP ug to go to attack an OP like a zone away & while getting poked back up one apu decides to HL one of the guys gettin poked (note hes just an apu who has SI, no armor on) HL hits him & does 223 dmg, instant kill.......now...from my past u can even do it to a 0/2 noob the dmg will never get over 200....
it seems like the cap dmg restriction was somehow lifted @_@

FarSight
04-09-05, 08:10
In 143 facts topic are many reports bout one shot = kill weapons ... my droner is led so didnt tested kami (rk-1000 prolly can one shot kill newb char too) isssue but i tested Moonie and its able to one shot kill. On Terra its not a big problem but it can be problem on Neptune (new PvP server) i nearly see kami/rk-1000 gank fest @ level spots / populated areas.

jini
04-09-05, 09:15

Even though Gotter at first you seem to have a point, It is the best chance for me, to point out that when you decide to "fix" something you simply "overexagerate" if there is such a n expression. What I mean to say is, ok if you have decided to give droners some power (which they never needed imo) do it in minor steps. What you now did, is unbalance things. So we can only assume 2 scenarios from here:
1. Either things for more than 3 years were unballanced (not possible I guess)
2. Or what is happening now is a mistake unless it was intended, which I really ask what was the reason for that? Or is this the supposed fix for ppu thing?

Edit.... Also let me point out that during last patches you are giving weight in a number of "indirect" and already overpowered methods of items ingame, like drones and vehicles. Unfortunatelly this is happening when all normal weapons ingame that DO require skill to be used are staying where they were in terms of power. This is yet another form of inballance which will lead creating skilless runners using incredibly overpowered vehicles or items like drones. I dont thing this is right. We already see this, if you just take a look at how many abandoned 4x4 or revellers are in cyc every day.... And this is not right as well

[TgR]KILLER
04-09-05, 09:35
i only play my ppu now basicly since my mc tank can't hit stuff and my gliders blow up in spree's and with the new price of the things thats stupid to.

oh did i forget the lag makes it hard to play any class.. not ping lag 40 ping is fine. no the lag of having 5 free mem 1 min after playing O.o

Toxen
04-09-05, 10:06
AHHH FFS WHINE WHINE WHINE, and it was from a PPU first aswell.... hello a PPU is not ment to be invunerable and im sure KK is now intending to make that fact perhaps you like some other points to complain about kamis with

lets see they can do mc5 alot faster now
their great for clearing ally gankers off the CA HQ zoneline (thanks to mosh for that idea, you gotta love to see em run)

As for bugs with kami's try the fact that the droners meatstick gets the agro as soon as the drone explodes which is rather a bug when you start getting hit right across the sector in a room with an entrance that has no guards near.

FarSight
04-09-05, 10:19
As for bugs with kami's try the fact that the droners meatstick gets the agro as soon as the drone explodes which is rather a bug when you start getting hit right across the sector in a room with an entrance that has no guards near.

Bloody Viper King (or whateva its called) get agro on droner even if drone is still launched and hitting that snake all the time

And bout Kamis ... i think that they should leave Kamis with ability to one shot kill but fix other weapons (Moonie, SH etc) that can do this after 143

retr0n
04-09-05, 11:32
AHHH FFS WHINE WHINE WHINE, and it was from a PPU first aswell.... hello a PPU is not ment to be invunerable and im sure KK is now intending to make that fact perhaps you like some other points to complain about kamis with

If a Kami can one-shot a PPU, then what about the other classes? That's the
point.

That's a non related subject.

LiL T
04-09-05, 11:54
Nothing wrong with drones imo, yeah they are stupidly overpowered but they need to be like that otherwise they would be useless. But the kami drones really do need looking at, I got killed by one while fighting a tank bang over 400 hitpoints gone and me on the deck fun :rolleyes:

CMaster
04-09-05, 11:58
You can get one-shot killed by an SH as well now (or any weapon, but losing 400hp to an SH (on a char with no armour) was impressive. Kamis need tweaking, cos while PPUs need a weakness, droners are not meant to be gods, and there should be some way of defending against the attack.

Toxen
04-09-05, 12:42
Trust me droners aren't that good, with kamis theres a tendancy at the moment, with kamis for things to be tricky, mainly because of the kami agro issue, anyone that hangs around the CA HQ zoneline fights knows this because Myself, Mosh and Pepper usually drop kamis in there we have to do it as groups because if we hit a guard we'll be down within 10-20 seconds with no way of doing anything about it due to the guards using dam beam weapons rather than direct fire. dam exploiting guards hitting us through walls :P but on a whole a single kami will not kill someone unless ur flying right up their tail pipe another reason why we move in groups. Anyone that has pvped extensively with drones knows at the end of the day your more likely to be asking for pokes at TH than Gring out, mainly cus some hybrid at CRP has exploited up, (a glider only reachable) hill and started attacking ur meatstick while your taking down some apu out in the feild.

Lifewaster
04-09-05, 20:42
I think the kami 1 hit kill bug may be related to stamina.

Immediately after the last patch , My ppu was being 1 hit killed by kamis repeatedly.

By coincidence , his stamina was down to 97 due to the Fix to the crahn glove.

I recently put a few points in endurance to get 113 sta cos was sick of running out.

Then yesterday was in a team of 3 and we were hit by 3 kamis , both the other 2 members died but I was knocked to 70 hlt or so instead of killed.

Then while I was ressing I was hit by a 4th kami and again only knocked me to 70 hlt.

So if you are being 1 hit killed by kamis, try getting over 10 sta and see if that makes a diff.

Regarding the 1 hit kills, I think kamis could still be very cool if they were let keep the 1 hit kill, but got their speed lowered and if it was possible to blow them up before they hit you if you see them coming.

[TgR]KILLER
04-09-05, 21:45
yea but kk would need to fix the game before you can see drones comming. now they just lag in and appear behind you or just blow up before you even see them :/

Tostino
04-09-05, 22:00
Toxin seems to be the only one who likes droners being able to one hit kill any class with a revenge. I don't mind if a revenge can 2 shot kill a caped player, but with just a KK400 you can one shot Apus, HL Hybrids, PEs, Spys, And some times Tanks if you are right on their ass.

Dargeshaad
04-09-05, 22:27
I like them too, maybe we will see more tanks around now :D

Mr Friendly
04-09-05, 23:19

lets see they can do mc5 alot faster now
their great for clearing ally gankers off the CA HQ zoneline (thanks to mosh for that idea, you gotta love to see em run)

this guy reminds me of the type of person who LoMs his char to use w/e wep is the most overpowered.....

Koshinn
04-09-05, 23:50
this guy reminds me of the type of person who LoMs his char to use w/e wep is the most overpowered.....

/agreed.

What if, the hybrid hitched a ride on a carrier? What if they can fly gliders?

giga191
05-09-05, 00:41
Nerf kamis after the netcode is fixed. atm it's so hard to hit someone that if you manage to sucessfully explode it where they actually are then you deserve a 1 hit kill

Morganth
05-09-05, 00:41
I don't mind droners generally, even if I die as a Raptor/PN slides through a wall somewhere. But I don't like dying to a Kami drone that doesn't appear on your screen/on local until its already blown up. Drones should not be able to one shot kill any capped well setup character (apart from perhaps another droner :p ), regardless.

Bugs Gunny
05-09-05, 02:08
Droners have had a good life ever since the end of drone themeweeks, plus the raptor made them rule at opwars.

I like the one shot kill thing, it makes the sh a real weapon again, but a revenge taking out a fully healed buffed ppu in one shot is a tad silly.

By the time you see a drone in local you're dead allready

Mechanicus
05-09-05, 02:12
yea ive seen capped tanks with full ppus buffs and capped resist force get hit and drop as a 595 pops off their head

stupid

Forked
05-09-05, 02:22
Nerf kamis after the netcode is fixed. atm it's so hard to hit someone that if you manage to sucessfully explode it where they actually are then you deserve a 1 hit kill

Yeah, I agree. Fix the netcode and then start tweaking the kami line of drones back to what it was. Actually just drop everything for netcode optimalizations and crashes/bugs. Then I might actually enjoy a play session for a change.

Mechanicus
05-09-05, 02:24
Yeah, I agree. Fix the netcode and then start tweaking the kami line of drones back to what it was. Actually just drop everything for netcode optimalizations and crashes/bugs. Then I might actually enjoy a play session for a change.

this anything to do with the fact that you and the rest of anti city have been enjoying exploiting the fuck out of them?

Asurmen Spec Op
05-09-05, 02:41
this anything to do with the fact that you and the rest of anti city have been enjoying exploiting the fuck out of them?
now now, pro does just as much...

theres just more antis :)

Tostino
05-09-05, 05:00
You saw earlyer in the thread about Toxin and the rest of the Blood droners using them in the city, so it's not only anti.

Toxen
05-09-05, 10:25
Think last night at the race someone proved something for us someone detonated a kami over the starting line and no one went down considering the crowd size and how much kami's are sposed to be overpowered i'd have expected the entire startline to go boom the GM's to be flung to another sector and the LE'ed chars get burried in a large ammount of scrap metal.

Bugs Gunny
05-09-05, 10:58
That was an le'd kami.

Koshinn
05-09-05, 11:05
That was an le'd kami.

Owned, tbh. :lol:

Mechanicus
05-09-05, 16:36
hahahahahaha

Obsidian X
06-09-05, 03:57
Dirus has said on many occaisions that the 1-shot kill rule on the SH had been holding all other weapons back for a long time (I think it was that, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong Dirus). Maybe the lifting of this restriction on the SH and Kamis is to make way for a weapon re-balance..?

Unnerf some of the long, crapped out weapons that noone uses anymore...?

Or maybe its just a mistake :p

Nullvoid
06-09-05, 13:53
when I see someone doing consistently well in pvp using only a BoH, my life will be complete.

Bugs Gunny
06-09-05, 14:08
Boh is actualy a very good pistol, i have a 4 slot ultimated one. It's perfect for its level.

Morganth
06-09-05, 14:47
Boh is actualy a very good pistol, i have a 4 slot ultimated one. It's perfect for its level.

I used to use it in NC1, was very nice. I only ever saw myself and Rith using a BoH though, but now because of the Wep Lore change it should be a lot easier to cap it on a PE without popping more than a Redflash. Might go to a BoH setup when I get really bored of popping 9 drugs in order to get anywhere.

retr0n
06-09-05, 15:34
I used BoH on my PE back in NC1... I really liked that gun, especially if you get
a DB on someone, it can do some nice dmg. Still have it (all stats 120% =))

Morganth
06-09-05, 15:54
I used BoH on my PE back in NC1... I really liked that gun, especially if you get
a DB on someone, it can do some nice dmg. Still have it (all stats 120% =))

I've still got my 4 slot all arti ultimated Flazer one :D

Bugs Gunny
06-09-05, 16:21
Mine is also 4 slot arti flazer with a free slot left for an xray mod.
Fubar from blood gave it to me one day.
I was a bit sceptical about it so i decided to take it for a wb hunting session.
Someone started stealing my warbots and i killed the hacking spy. Then an apu hybrid, a hc pe with tpc and a slasher spy turned up. Apparently i had just killed their hacker and they were not happy.
I found out that it's a realy good pvp weapong and has AMAZING range. Sinec that day i call it "my sniperpistol".
I made it out of there with -32sl and a few belts btw, and not just 4... no. they came back too lol.

So to make it short. If i were to go to a lower dex setup i'd spec for boh over judge. It's easier to aim and you can snipe people.

retr0n
06-09-05, 16:36
Yeah love the range on it, would also prefer it to the judge.

Martha Riggs was a drug addict with a lot of problems, her biggest problem was money. She never was a popular runner and wasn\'t able to pay for her drug addiction through jobs. One day she was offered a great deal: 100,000 NC for some weapon \'relocation\'. She was to go to an abandoned crystal mine in the wastelands to recover a lost laser pistol, which a customer\'s employee lost there. She accepted, found the mine and entered it. She located the weapon while crossing a rusty old bridge, which lead over an inner sea lying on a stone near the water, so Martha went down to get the pistol... Just as she went to reach for it a huge flying monster descended down towards her. She grabbed the pistol and pulled the trigger. The monster was cut into two pieces and fell onto the bridge, which collapsed and crashed down on top of Martha... Martha died under the ruins, like all the other runners before her, who had tried to recover the weapon. ... Most people think the weapon is cursed and came directly from Hell. Anyone who tries to take it only receives a fast death...

:D :D

Exioce
07-09-05, 01:20
i don't think kami drones are overpowered. you have to remember that while they're active a rigger is completely vulnerable, as with any other drone. the damage they can do is a balance to that.

Bugs Gunny
07-09-05, 07:38
Uhuh....

It's like this: If you're not moving and a kami explodes right on top of a capped buffed char he's dead. That's even worse than going in with two ppus and an apu vs a single tradeskiller and claim it's a fair fight.

I have a SH, and i also see the dammage it can do now. After one day of using it i decided not to.

All it takes to win an opwar right now would be for the defenders to have three droners constantly launch kamis in the hackterm, while a defending ppu db's everyone.

eprodigy
07-09-05, 07:39
make kamis only work on ppus and its good.

Forked
07-09-05, 12:55
Bullshit. Get the kami's back to where it was before. Making some drones work only on some classes are stupid. Thats like letting a pe using crossbow only work on tanks, or a healing light only work on pe's.

And I still want netcode optimalization and bugfixes before new content.