PDA

View Full Version : I need a game recommendation.

Glok
03-09-05, 18:39
I just got a GF6600GT and I have a desire to abuse it. The game has to run on Win98 (oh shush). Hit me!

Glok
03-09-05, 21:20
16 views... Anyone? :(

I haven't been keeping up with recent games, but I know lots of games have come out recently that eat normal videocards for breakfast. I have FarCry and HL2, but that's it. I'm looking for good gameplay too, of course, pretty is no good if the gameplay is retarded.

Terayon
03-09-05, 21:29
Doom 3 is realy fun for the first few hours.
Brothers in arms and splinter cell: chaos theory are both good aswell.

dark_reaper
03-09-05, 21:29
Ummm, lets see. Doom 3 is the most graphics heavy game i think, but I do not know if it runs on win 98 or not.

Call of Duty works too, i think.
And Battlefield 2

Glok
03-09-05, 21:33
Yeah Doom3 is WinXP. I'll check out those others. :)

I just realized I have Deus Ex 2 gathering dust somewhere, I installed it, it played like absolute shit, I uninstalled it. Now might be the time to dust it off. :)

Ascension
03-09-05, 23:32
I just got a GF6600GT and I have a desire to abuse it. The game has to run on Win98 (oh shush). Hit me!
OMG! my 6600 just went tits up, gotta wait till my trade supllier opens on monday, WHY did it have to mess up when the shop is shut :(

5600 + WoW = red fps

oh btw Glok, where did ya get that avatar from? :cool:

Glok
04-09-05, 01:52
OMG! my 6600 just went tits up, gotta wait till my trade supllier opens on monday, WHY did it have to mess up when the shop is shut :(That sucks. :(
oh btw Glok, where did ya get that avatar from? :cool:Hmmm... let's see... I don't remember. :/

Oh wait! It was you! :D

Plight
04-09-05, 03:31
FEAR BETA FEAR BETA FEAR BETA FEAR BETA! MWAHAHHA

Thought itll eat most systems for breakfast

/me murmurs to himself while he pets his 7800gtx and 2 gigs ram

Glok
04-09-05, 03:35
lunatic :lol:

/me grumbles

Plight
04-09-05, 04:10
Bah i was serious. F.E.A.R. actually instills fear in me. No game has every been able to do that. Doom was good for the jump factor, but didnt really mess with you mentally. Damn creepy ass little girl...... O_o

Clive tombstone
04-09-05, 08:32
Warhammer 40k, Dawn of war. Scrapland (not everyone likes it, but American Mcgee is a good game maker. There's other stuff to, Ill post more soon. OH and Savage. awsome multim player game.

And for old times sake, Planescape:torment, best RPG ever.

PEace out

Skusty
04-09-05, 21:57
Battlefield 2 !!

Xeno LARD
04-09-05, 22:29
Battlefield 2 !!
Ding ding!

nobby
05-09-05, 12:25
Battlefield 2 for a nice powerful feeling experience :p

Taking a black hawk helisopter down on your own with your anti tank gun is the best feeling ever...

If you've got a lot of time on your hands, i recommend getting shenmue plus shenmue 2!

Glok
06-09-05, 00:32
Too many choices not enough money... :lol:

I think I'll get BF2 first tho. and the fear demo of course. :)

Xeno LARD
06-09-05, 02:47
Taking a black hawk helisopter down on your own with your anti tank gun is the best feeling ever...

There are more things to life then your computer you know..

Ascension
06-09-05, 13:41
Battlefield 2 for a nice powerful feeling experience :p

someone needs a girlfriend :lol:

nobby
06-09-05, 13:53
Tell me what I'm supposed to do when you live in a Hamlet, 17 miles from the nearest town, I can't drive, and I don't have much money for taxis.

What do you do?

I play my computer because it's the ONLY thing I can do here!

Xeno LARD
06-09-05, 19:56
Tell me what I'm supposed to do when you live in a Hamlet, 17 miles from the nearest town, I can't drive, and I don't have much money for taxis.

What do you do?

I play my computer because it's the ONLY thing I can do here!

Ok, firstly it's "Play on my computer" not play your computer, you're not trying to con it out of money or shag it, well I wouldn't put it past you...

Use your internets to arrange meeting with Livejournal chicks, they're always depressed and stuff so they'll love some attention. Then say to your mother that you want to goto the libary or something (Spiderman-esq) and go and give ehr a good seeing to.

nobby
06-09-05, 20:32
My parents don't drive me anywhere...

In case you don't know, a Hamlet is the smallest place, smaller than what you'd call a town or village, the only things here are a post box, telephone box and a church.

Well there's the pub, but saying that you'd just say GO THERE!

Well i cant

Mr Kot
06-09-05, 21:16
In case you don't know, a Hamlet is the smallest place, smaller than what you'd call a town or village, the only things here are a post box, telephone box and a church.
If it has a church, then it's not a hamlet.

A hamlet is just a village without a church.

nobby
06-09-05, 22:18
Not according to Mrs Flack... and Mr Britain my Geography teacher :lol:

Skusty
06-09-05, 22:35
There are more things to life then your computer you know..
Nobby : owned ( lol )

nobby
06-09-05, 22:42
Fuck off skusty I've had enough, Leave me alone...end of discussion!

Carry on the topic like normal!

paolo escobar
07-09-05, 00:47
Taking a black hawk helicopter down on your own with your anti tank gun is the best feeling ever...

LOL nah thats no biggie, its happens all the time.

Asurmen Spec Op
07-09-05, 00:52
Fear?
BF2=shit

Skusty
07-09-05, 14:23
BF2=shit
Up yours!