PDA

View Full Version : Hosting files online

Prom_STar
02-09-05, 01:10
Hi. I'm an amatuer writer currently working on a novel. For feedback i like to post my work online. Currently i use www.livejournal.com/users/legacies_novel as the website. Previously I hosted the files for this on my youth group's server via an FTP. Problem: my college's firewall blocks the FTP (that might be fixable) and the FTP in question hasn't worked in a while.
Last night a friend directed me to www.brinkster.com a fairly normal website hosting, domain name selling, etc. website. they offer a free "educational" account. Problem: while i can upload files, i cannot link to them from anything other than my "brinkster" website.... I've just been informed I cannot publish the website with a free account (and the website builder was a nightmare. It was more like microsoft publisher...didn't even support HTML commands.)
So here's my desperate plea: does anyone have any idea what I can do? Some way to host files online without an FTP. Any sort of advice?

Prom_STar
02-09-05, 02:30
nevermind. problem solved
CLOSE plz

[TgR]KILLER
02-09-05, 10:51
brinkster sucks :p had a free account with them 3 years ago or so now every week i get 50 mails with stupid offers and shit i tried to cancel the mail tried to blacklist it but i still keep getting it :/

Original monk
02-09-05, 13:05
KILLER']brinkster sucks :p had a free account with them 3 years ago or so now every week i get 50 mails with stupid offers and shit i tried to cancel the mail tried to blacklist it but i still keep getting it :/

ow, im very happy im not the only one then :)