PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport]What can we do with factions in NC2?

Obsidian X
01-09-05, 16:52
I had a brief idea about how factions might have worked in Neocron2. Although I haven't explained too well why this happens, its basically down to a relaxation on security laws and copbot eithic chips inside Neocron (I know, my RP sucks :p ) Here goes...

Pro-City:

CityAdmin:
CityAdmin Loyalist: Much like the City Administration we see today. In charge of law and order, security and other such administration within Neocron. Starter appartment in the same place.
CityAdmin Operative: Operatives work on behalf of CityAdmin inside the Dome. By work of course, I mean eliminate enemies of the City, and bring down the TG menace from the inside. Starter apartment: One of the abandoned sectors of DoY.

Diamond Real Estate: Would remain in Neocron, but things would get interesting, with their old friends, the Tsunami, back in business (see below).

Biotech: Though loyal to Neocron, Biotech are a business, and as a business want to maximise their potential market, thus have set up a franchise in the Dome. The Crahn in the Dome have a major problem with anyone else tinkering with the laws of nature, and have vowed to rid the Dome of them. On starting, a runner can choose to be the NC or DoY division of BT.

Protopharm: Once the nice guys of Neocron, Proto have fallen out of favour big time with the CityAdmin. Proto have formed an open alliance with the Black Dragon in both the Dome and Neocron. Using PPs technology and research, and BDs shady lack of ethics and distribution channels, they now distribute and monopolise the drugs trade; illegal or otherwise. The CityAdmin has allowed them to exist in the city, but CityAdmin runners have orders to attack Protopharm on sight. CA currently has bigger fish to fry than PP, but considers it a welcome bonus if CityAdmin runners take care of this insubordination for them. Protopharm also have their old Crahn enemies in the Dome, as well as long time enemies, the Tsunami syndicate. Starting apartments either Viarosso or Black Dragon sector.

Next: Being very loyal to the City Adminitration, NEXT have declared war on the disgraced Protopharm/BD alliance. NEXT remains in NC and has not moved in any way to the Dome. Next also face threats from within NC from the arrival of Tsunami and BD; the CityAdmin's enemies being their enemies.

Tangent: Tangent have been under susppicion of supplying weapons to Dome of York runners. Though the investigation proved nothing, relations between Tangent and CityAdmin detiriorated somewhat, and are considered neutral to one another. Tangent have now allied with the Mercs, in what appears to be a symbiotic relationship (protection for technology). Tsunami, now in the gun running trade in Neocron, want their main rivals eliminated, and are now at war with Tangent. As always, FA and Tangent are still at war.

City Mercs By taking on Tangent as their allies, they also inherit Tangent's enemies - FA and TS. The Mercs are also at war with TG still, but other than that, business as usual.

Anti-City:

Twilight Guardian: The Twilight Guardian for the main, are based in the Dome of York, though also use the old canyon as a forward base of operations. Though things have changed in the city of Neocron, TG still hate the conglomerates of Neocron, and are constantly attacking PP and BT runners in the Dome, ever vigilant of course of the CA operatives within the Dome. Due to recently toned down laws in Neocron, copbots no longer kill enemy runners on sight. This has led to increased TG terrorism within the city walls. Dome runners can choose to start in the dome or the canyon.

The Crahn Sect: The Crahn Sect are still based in the Dome of York, but now have a hidden cell back in the Outzone. Crahn are intent on wiping BT out of the dome, but are more concerned with taking back Neocron. With access to the city again, their main enemies are CityAdmin, and the NEXT CA loyalists. Runners can have an OZ or DoY apartment.

The Fallen Angels: The extremist members of FA were recruited as part of TG's special Ops division. The rest of the Angels declared neutrality and left to reclaim their home of Tech Haven. FA forcibly removed the CityAdmin presence from their home, and has had no reprisals since doing so. FA for the most part are freelance scientists and traders. FA runners start in TH.

The Black Dragon Clan Black Dragon have moved their presence back to Pepper Park, though still have a presence in the dome. They now have allies in Protopharm in both cities, and have once again become the drug lords of the world. BD now openly sell illegal drugs from Protopharm outlets, causing PP to become enemies of the City. The new alliance also have angry Tsunami runners in NC, as well as Next and the CityAdmin to deal with. BD can start in PP or the dome.

The Tsunami Syndicate: Tsunami have also moved back to Pepper Park totally, abandoning the lost cause of the Dome. There they regain control of Red Pepper entertainment, thanks to a nifty little deal with Diamond Real Estate. Once again they want the BD out of Pepper Park, along with their Protopharm buddies. Tsunami also want Tangent out of the picture, wanting to be number one weapon runners in Neocron. Naturally, they are enemies of CityAdmin.

Just a few ideas, I know some of them don't make great sense, and could be worked on. I may also have contradicted myself at some point in the above post (it was a long one :p ) Any comments, additions, suggestions?

Prom_STar
01-09-05, 17:27
Would definitely get rid of the red v. blue element (something i think few people are particuraly attached to). I liked the idea of revamping the political system in NC. Your particular idea is interesting (i'd like to see a lot of different ideas from runners). What we really need is an official word from KK about the political system: are they set on the red v. blue, NC v. Dome system or are they willnig to consider something a bit more interesting?

Tratos
01-09-05, 19:21
I'm not keen on some factions being able to start in either the Dome or Neocron but something more colourful is needed.

Obsidian X
01-09-05, 19:31
I'm not keen on some factions being able to start in either the Dome or Neocron but something more colourful is needed.

I know my idea is sketchy, and in terms of RP and balance probably isn't up to scratch, but the idea is to have a mixture of enemies and allies in both cities, like NC1, where you could stroll around a corner and bump into an enemy runner. Currently, all that happens is that you bump into an allied runner, and he shoots you in the back.

Asurmen Spec Op
01-09-05, 19:31
What I read was good, Ill read more when I get home <3

RogerRamjet
01-09-05, 19:35
I liked the ideas, of course there'd have to be a storyline behind it all.

Shame no KK guys seem to comment on the ideas :(

Dribble Joy
01-09-05, 19:39
Have a sneak peak at the next big fix.

DoY, In the storyline FA splits into a militant faction which moves to DoY and a passive group who run TH as a tradeing post. Here, this militant faction forms a central group with the previous leaders of the Dome, uniting other splinter groups of the remaining peoples left there, Enemy to CA, TT, BT, DRE and PP. Allied to FA, CS and BD. Neutral to the rest.

CM, as now in NC2, neutral to all but TG.

TG, The canyon has been recaptured, neutral to DoY (they never had a good relationship), others as before.

BD, finally they beat TS, kicking them out of DoY, DoY allows drugs anyway, so they are quite happy. Starts work as DoYs pharmacutacle (how the fuck do you spellthat?) worker.

FA, DoY's weapon supplier. Less radical members of the FA militant group and other not wanting to be so closly involved in the DoY group, reform the angels and move back to TH. Hostile to CA, TT, CS and PP. Allied to NExT, TG and DoY.

CS, following the increased activities of FA in the Dome, decide that they cannot continue being a main part of the DoY project and leave the Dome. They resume their underground existance in NC, based in the OZ church. Main base is under the church in c06. Despite being the enemies of Thor, they are allied to DoY by necessity.

The city factions are mostly allied or neutral to each other. BT and TT are still at each others throats, decending into almost gang warfare.

TS and DRE do the same.

PP continues it's less than legit work, and with BD gone, has free run of the drugs market, which it secretly controls via a puppet gang.

NExT becomes even more of an independant entity, takes over the old industrial areas of the city and sells it's vehicles to anyone. Strong links to the Mercs, but not direct allies. Allied to CA, TT and BT. Hostile to CS.

AB, (see individual faction changes for more info) Allied to BD and TG. Hostile to CA, TT, BT, PP, CS and DRE.

RM, (Regant Mutants, unplayable) Further establishes itself as an established community and begins negotiations with some of the other factions. Neutral to CM, PP and FA, allied to AB, BD and AP, hostile to the rest

AP, (Arachnid people, unplayable) Drives out Ceres troopers in Point red and sets up a home in the UG, small shops and services. Also has a base at the garbage dump. Neutral to CM, FA, BD, TS, allied to RM and AB, hostile to rest.

AC, (Apparative collective, unplayable) Sentient group of soulclusters, Based in the apparition cave at Tescom. Generall un-communitive with humans (or just plain hostile), loathe the Chran sect. Allied to the Mercs for some unknwon and mysterious reasons, and AP. Neutral to AB, hostile to rest.

JOB, (non-playable) The hacker group, populated mainly by AIs, though with a very small number of human contacts in the real world. Overall numbers very low, a few low intelligence drones in the WL HN highways, with contacts and bases in DoY, MB, The canyon and NC. Main HQ in the TH mainframe. Allied to

FA, hostile it CA, TT and CS, neutral to the rest.

PG, (Psion Group) Indepentant group of monks claiming direct decent from those monks not to join Ceres before his attack on Jericko. Based in the PP church and the network of caves to the volcano (see later parts) and it's village. Hostile to CA, CS, TT, BT and DRE. Allied to FA and TS. Neutral to rest.

RogerRamjet
01-09-05, 19:41
Perhaps a chart on excel or some shizzle would best show the changes?

Tratos
01-09-05, 19:56
I think i prefer DJs but still not 100% sure, i do like the addition of more NPC factions, i feel we need a fair few new ones and new corporations/companies.