PDA

View Full Version : PvP Server and Character Transfer

Thanatos
01-09-05, 16:39
PvP Server
The former French server Pandore will be transformed into a PvP server with the name “Neptune” and the following game rules will apply. The current amount of two possible character slots will remain untouched.

- If a character dies, one randomly chosen item from the Inventory or Quickbelt will be placed into the dropped belt and can be hacked by other players. The Safeslot option will be deactivated, but essential items like Epic items or keys will never drop.
- All safezones will be deactivated. Faction headquarters will be transformed into “Warzones”
- Increase of experience points when killing monsters. The level up of a character will be 25% faster then on a regular server.
- The chances of getting modification slots when crafting items will be increased.
- The regeneration of synaptic impairment after using a Genereplicator or after death will be increased.
- The rate of general Soullight loss will be decreased.
- The rate of automatic Soullight regeneration will be increased.
- The Law Enforcer remains untouched to give crafters the possibility to ensure the supply of crafted game items.

Character Transfer

All players of the former French server Pandore who wish to have their characters transferred to the servers Mars, Mercury or Terra will be given the opportunity to prepare their characters until Wednesday, September 7. On the given date a snapshot of the current character data will be taken and the transfer will be available one day later. A transfer to the new PvP Server from the other servers is not possible.

Besides the character statistics the following items will be saved in the snapshot and transferred.

- The content of the inventory
- The content of the Goguardian
- The content of the Quickbelt
- All equipped armor
- All equipped implants
- Current registered keys (apartment & vehicle) in the inventory. New keys will be created on the basis of the old keys. These keys will then have to be registered as normal. Important: contents of apartments will not be transferred

Note: Please note that the number of transferable characters is restricted by the amount of available character slots on the target server. If you want to transfer your characters to the server Mars, for example, only one character can be transferred as the server Mars only has one available character slot. Please also ensure that open character slots are available on the target server.

Brammers
01-09-05, 16:39
Finally the news!

Actually that sounds like a good set of rules, however I can see the LE complaints coming...(I for a start welcome the option to keep the LE)

Dargeshaad
01-09-05, 16:44
- If a character dies, one randomly chosen item from the Inventory or Quickbelt will be placed into the dropped belt and can be hacked by other players.
And the reason to play on this server is?

Bugs Gunny
01-09-05, 16:44
My god, that sounds like one hell of a tasty pkfest going to happen.

zii
01-09-05, 16:49
I agree that crafters should have a chance not to be gunned down in the open, and since I cannot see any other way of allowing this, then OK, let the LE stay :(

However, why not add a requirement to the LE that says if you have points in aggressive subskills that exceed 50 (for example), then the LE deactivates.

This should mean that tradeskillers would be LEed and could have some low-level attack skills, which would not be viable in PvP, but spies that spec for serious rifle practice could do so but the LE would deactivate. This idea needs tuning.

Everything else looks good at first glance. I love the 'faction HQs shall be turned into war zones' bit.

Will belts drop in warzones?

Jerto
01-09-05, 16:49
No whining or insults when you kill someone I guess.
I have to admit that the rules on these servers will not make me decide to reactivate my account so I definitely say bye bye to Neocron.

My god, that sounds like one hell of a tasty pkfest going to happen.
I wouldn't bet on that.
PKers, especially those who like rampaging areas full of noobs, will stay on the normal servers.

zii
01-09-05, 16:50

Now you have a reason to be scared in Neocron. Run for your lives :) Well, maybe...

naimex
01-09-05, 16:52
- The Law Enforcer remains untouched to give crafters the possibility to ensure the supply of crafted game items.

Wouldnt it be better to just keep TH as a no weapons zone... and then just make all chars on the server have the TH genrep from the start?

zii
01-09-05, 16:56
No. They ought to trek through the wastelands like before. Its part of exploration. Some new players will want to start on a pvp server. I should like to as well.

TH ought not to be safe zone.

Obsidian X
01-09-05, 16:57
So belts still need to be hacked? I thought it was "come one come all" with the item drop rules...

Still, 25% exp gain and reduced SI sounds nice...plus uber slottage... :D

Brammers
01-09-05, 16:59
However, why not add a requirement to the LE that says if you have points in aggressive subskills that exceed 50 (for example), then the LE deactivates.

This should mean that tradeskillers would be LEed and could have some low-level attack skills, which would not be viable in PvP, but spies that spec for serious rifle practice could do so but the LE would deactivate. This idea needs tuning.

Everything else looks good at first glance. I love the 'faction HQs shall be turned into war zones' bit.

I am going to make a few characters to watch the gankfests in Faction HQ's.

As for your LE idea, It would be a very difficult one to work. To kill high level mobs you need high rifle/pistol/drone etc skills. Otherwise you be all day and forever killing a Warbot. Sorry I can't see this working at all.

Will belts drop in warzones?

Good question, I hope they do.

msdong
01-09-05, 17:07
hmm, im not sure if the LE option is good. isnt it possible to turn off the LE at a given level or remove it complete from the server?
btw i think that weapons should drop direct to the ground wit normal item decay or at least the full QB like it was in B3 that would pretty much increase chances that there will be no strap on PPUs all around.
if no full QB then make the belt open without hack. all that would help to make traders have an better live on that server because everyone NEEDs them.

on the savezone thing. i think you should seal all doors out of TH and make it a savezone. this would help traders help everyone to relax a little and prevend zoneline fighting on savezones

fschepper
01-09-05, 17:12
(..)
on the savezone thing. i think you should seal all doors out of TH and make it a savezone.
How to get in then? ^^

msdong
01-09-05, 17:18
How to get in then? ^^

ahh yup, well GR there like everyone do. :D but now i see the problem, u need to go there first to activate :p

can we have that one as a GR everyone have ? or just have a way in but no way out ?

Speedball
01-09-05, 17:23
Are we going to have our Soullight + faction sympathie transfered ? (is it a part of the "statistics" ?)

zii
01-09-05, 17:28
TH should be a place you can attack. if you want a break from the fighting invite you're mates around your place for a few beers.

Cpl Hicks
01-09-05, 17:31
I think the whole server should be reset...Instead of the french players having the possibility to play their capped char on neptune.
It would be a nice start for everyone, but right now, i just think we are coming in disadvantaged.
I think all the pandore players should be transfered to a server of their choice....it would make it more fair for us.

But whatever thats the way it goes... :)

zii
01-09-05, 17:34
As for your LE idea, It would be a very difficult one to work. To kill high level mobs you need high rifle/pistol/drone etc skills. Otherwise you be all day and forever killing a Warbot. Sorry I can't see this working at all.

Yes> it would make high level mobs killing hard, but if you're sure you want to kill high level mobs and tradeskill at the same time then you are not defenseless ; you can use your gun and you may still stealth so you cannot use an LE.

My idea protects near pure tradeskillers, and not hybrid ones. The 50 into subskills could be increased to a realistic value that would allow you to slowly (but not painfully kill) a WB. Your attack rank would be lower than most so that you ought to have better loot chances . There are pros and cons. If you wanted your LE back then you could simply LOM out the nessecary subskills.
The LE should also have a class restriction so that it would not be dircumvented by tanks ( or PEs), who could afford X amount in rep or cst and still use a descent weapon. Make LEs SPY only :angel:

Dargeshaad
01-09-05, 17:39
Am I the only one that think this server will consist of only APU/PPU teams where the PPU will do the hacking while the APU covers him?

zii
01-09-05, 17:41
I think the whole server should be reset...Instead of the french players having the possibility to play their capped char on neptune.
It would be a nice start for everyone, but right now, i just think we are coming in disadvantaged.
I think all the pandore players should be transfered to a server of their choice....it would make it more fair for us.

/big edit by zii

XP gains have been increased by 25% so I don't see what the problem is. One shall level up quicker.

Speedball
01-09-05, 17:46
Am I the only one that think this server will consist of only APU/PPU teams where the PPU will do the hacking while the APU covers him?

nope :D

Samy
01-09-05, 17:56
We can find Tiger Blood on Terra ?

Storme
01-09-05, 17:58
Shame they don't put a max PPU limit of say 68 :(

Therefore kills PPU's but keeps the whole reason of a PK server alive :D

zii
01-09-05, 18:00
We can find Tiger Blood on Terra ?

Samy
01-09-05, 18:02

Arg :(.
No more inquisition armors for me :(

msdong
01-09-05, 18:03
Shame they don't put a max PPU limit of say 68 :(

3 words. full QB drop....

Otiose
01-09-05, 18:05
PPU's should not exist on a pvp server.

[TgR]KILLER
01-09-05, 18:14
i just laugh at the community kk makes a pvp server turn off savezones and then they just find other things to whine about. god go play hl or something :lol:

LaZyBoY
01-09-05, 18:15
I still dont get the point of a pvp server for a "pvp" game. :confused: :confused: All I see this other server doing is spliting up the populations more :mad:

Hell-demon
01-09-05, 18:17
I say increase quality of store bought weapons! :D

Tostino
01-09-05, 18:27

I think the French are being fucked enough as it is. They are losing their old server that has so much better shit then the KK servers :(. Though it could be much worse (KK coulda just done the same transfer as they did from NC1-NC2).

zii
01-09-05, 18:34
I still dont get the point of a pvp server for a "pvp" game. :confused: :confused: All I see this other server doing is spliting up the populations more :mad:

no idea. all a bit daft if you ask me. maybe people didn't like being PVPed, which is odd because they are paying for a PVP role-playing game. Both are important, but it seems that some are incapable of playing in both roles, or simply don't like the PVP element. I don't really know anymore! I miss the danger of PVP. I dislike the safe-zones. Making it safer removes the darkness and attitude. The chances of getting mugged are reduced. I like getting mugged, in this game I hasten to add - Not in the real world, of course.

And now for something compleatly different:
As much as I'd like to see store bought weapons quality increase, it wouldn't help the crafters. Perhaps an increase from bad to normal. Bad quality weapons ought to have forced them out of business under normal market conditions.

naimex
01-09-05, 18:45
As much as I'd like to see store bought weapons quality increase, it wouldn't help the crafters. Perhaps an increase from bad to normal. Bad quality weapons ought to have forced them out of business under normal market conditions.

... dont think his idea was minded on the crafters, but rather have the weapons improved to perfect or such, since its new weapons and not some second hand shit..

which is why i never understood why the guns were that crappy when storebought...

But if storebought guns were good enough quality, the need for tradeskillers on a server nicknamed "PvP server" would be very low, almost non-existant except for rares. which could so to say, be dropped complete if it had to be..

thus totally eliminating the need for tradeskillers.. so everyone could focus their char slots on PvP as the server is intended.

zii
01-09-05, 18:47
then we should not need any LEs at all, but we would loose a nice part of the game :(

naimex
01-09-05, 18:51
then we should not need any LEs at all, but we would loose a nice part of the game :(

Indeed not...

What part of the game??

it´s a PvP server...

no room for :

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/BaybeeNikz/carebear.gif

zii
01-09-05, 18:57
ROFL. class :lol: :lol:

Tratos
01-09-05, 19:02
Are we going to have our Soullight + faction sympathie transfered ? (is it a part of the "statistics" ?)

I think its part of the "statistics" as the only thing the planfile said wouldnt be transfered are more complicated things like Clan memberships the way i see it soullight and faction sympathy are only numbers on your character sheet.

PvP Server Rules
Only thing i think should be changed is that belts should drop in warzones and that they shouldn't need to be hacked, perhaps give them loot rights with the same calculations as mobs.

Character Transfer
I think this is a fairly good deal especialy compared to the transfer from NC1 -> NC2 all of the stuff on my 2 characters fits into the allowed space so im not loosing anything, lol tonights task is to clear two slots on terra :)

Better late than never...

LiL T
01-09-05, 19:19
KILLER']i just laugh at the community kk makes a pvp server turn off savezones and then they just find other things to whine about. god go play hl or something :lol:

My thoughts ^^

I like those rules, I can live with the LE chip being in since hackbelts are in place to stop them from running around stealing peoples hard earned loot. But I think if at all possible, lower the reqirements needed to hack a quickbelt , it should be really easy imo. This will allow tanks to get there loot without gimpage.

So when is it comming ? :D will there be a wipe btw ?

Asurmen Spec Op
01-09-05, 19:20
I dont see anything special here, I wouldonly have came if items droped on the ground, but with the LE staying and QBs, nothing really changes for me

Tratos
01-09-05, 19:24
So when is it comming ? :D will there be a wipe btw ?

I imagine with transfers starting on thursday there might be a patch then to alter the server rules, there wont be a wipe as Pandore players are allowed to continue on Neptune with all there shizzle.

Question: Planfile #4 said transfers would be done through support, is this still the case? if so can we have some guidlines on how to ask for transfers before the day?

System
01-09-05, 19:24
MY two cents

1) Increase quality of all weapons like they were in Neocron 1
2) Make belts not hackable but set it open to who did the most dmg to the person.
3) Create an option on apartments for tradeskilling, that would make it a safe zone. This would of course cost a lot more. Or just create a Trade Skilling apartment that is a SafeZone that people can buy.
4) Remove the para out of all guards, this is just the most ennoying part of the cities.
5) Take the LE completely out of the game. Its a PVP server, no one needs it, PVP from the time you 0/2.
6) Make belts drop in WarZones
7) Increase MC5 Part Drops
8) Increase Rare Part Drops
9) Increase Ultima Drops, or throw them back into the rare pool
10) I'm almost thinking of... Removing Guards from the inner city and only have them near HeadQuarters. Like they were in NC1. This would increase City Raids like no other and would be a lot of fun.
11) Work your asses off to implement WoC ;-)

And the biggest thought, I don't really agree with the part where their wont be different patches for the PVP server. I believe if you do different patches this will increase the amount that you can change on this server....

Ok thats all I can think of at this moment.

-- System --

Tratos
01-09-05, 19:25
Patches are going to be similar so there isnt a need for two clients.

LiL T
01-09-05, 19:28
I imagine with transfers starting on thursday there might be a patch then to alter the server rules, there wont be a wipe as Pandore players are allowed to continue on Neptune with all there shizzle.

Question: Planfile #4 said transfers would be done through support, is this still the case? if so can we have some guidlines on how to ask for transfers before the day?

Well in that case see you peeps on pandore/neptune I'm so gonna power level ^_^

Kierz
01-09-05, 20:12
Are the pvp server rules open for discussion, cause I'm pretty sure everyone is a little disapointed belts still need hacking and not loot rights =[

zii
01-09-05, 20:37
3) The the safezone apartements could be a better idea than my LE idea.
5) Then the LE can be removed compleatly. My non-LEed pure tradeskiller can stealth through the non-safezones on Terra w/o too much of a problem.
4) Remove NPC para=yes. It takes the fun out of the game. Its one of the more boring aspects of this game.
No.2 Good idea. Belts should also drop in warzones.

MY two cents

1) Increase quality of all weapons like they were in Neocron 1
2) Make belts not hackable but set it open to who did the most dmg to the person.
3) Create an option on apartments for tradeskilling, that would make it a safe zone. This would of course cost a lot more. Or just create a Trade Skilling apartment that is a SafeZone that people can buy.
4) Remove the para out of all guards, this is just the most ennoying part of the cities.
5) Take the LE completely out of the game. Its a PVP server, no one needs it, PVP from the time you 0/2.
6) Make belts drop in WarZones
7) Increase MC5 Part Drops
8) Increase Rare Part Drops
9) Increase Ultima Drops, or throw them back into the rare pool
10) I'm almost thinking of... Removing Guards from the inner city and only have them near HeadQuarters. Like they were in NC1. This would increase City Raids like no other and would be a lot of fun.
11) Work your asses off to implement WoC ;-)

And the biggest thought, I don't really agree with the part where their wont be different patches for the PVP server. I believe if you do different patches this will increase the amount that you can change on this server....

Ok thats all I can think of at this moment.

-- System --

Riddle
01-09-05, 20:40
Not that i will be playing on there now but what the hell......

1 - Belt drop still needs hacking?? think they should open for damage dealer.

2 - LE good idea for tradeskillers, but kinda reminds me of all other servers i.e. LE is a choice.
I kinda had the image of two 0/2's fighting it out. Maybe in the char selection screen you could select tradeskiller ( starts with LE) combat char ( no LE).

3 - Removal of safezones, great idea but with LE as an option will they care?

4 - I assume I would see a shitload more RED SL chars due to all the ganking ;) but do they still drop 6 items or just one??

Otherwise good luck guyz

Xylaz
01-09-05, 21:38
my thoughts (and my last post on this forum)

1. LE
KK i'm speechless... [edited]. PvP server full of LEs, yeah... it just throws out of the window the whole 'pvp server' idea, but its your choice.

2. Hacking belts
as someone already mentioned this will only encourage ppu+apu combos and discourage all non-ppu players from even setting a foot on this laughable "LEd pvp" server.

all other rules seems ok though.

goodbye

Odin
01-09-05, 21:55
my thoughts (and my last post on this forum)

1. LE
KK i'm speechless... [edited]. PvP server full of LEs, yeah... it just throws out of the window the whole 'pvp server' idea, but its your choice.

Don't assume it will be accessible to all. Last I heard there would be some restrictions to it.

LiL T
01-09-05, 21:59
KK just remove the stupid LE chip its crap, after some thought I realised that my own tradeskillers have never been PKed tbh I have never been PKed as much as some people make out, maybe it is them that is the problem. Can't fight, won't fight, can't be bother, PVP is not your thing ? then don't play on the PVP server simple eh ?

-FN-
01-09-05, 23:00
First off, just so it's clear. I absolutely, more than words can describe, hate this asinine PvP server idea. Like I said before, way to create a World of Warcraft server environment KK. I can't wait to see it fail even after numerous people tell you it will.

Too many people here are irresponsible kids. It will be an insane gankfest, *esp* inside HQs. Why the hell do you think allied PKing already exists?

Low Populations have PKers looking for a fight, the only place Anti-City can find one is in NC, and they don't want to deal with Para. Neptune's population, I 100%, abso-fucking-lutely guarantee, will be lower than Neptune's Population. What the *hell* do you think is gonna happen to the rapid PKers on a server that has LESS people they can kill, but can kill in any zone?

Anyway, an idea for this stupid server is add a 100 CST or 100 RES requiremen to the LE. Oh yeah, and remove PPUs.

Selendor
01-09-05, 23:22
I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you implement half the things people are asking for (like removing para) then bloody well do it on the other servers too and don't waste tons of developer's time purely on a server that could 50/50 go tits up in the next 6 months.

I truly believe you should be asking yourselves what it is about a pvp server that is appealing to people, and then try to implement things in the existing servers to achieve the same appeal. :(

LiL T
01-09-05, 23:54
Ugh do what ever you fucking want, all I see is people whining, I look forward to this server but after all the crying I wonder if it will be anything different from the current servers. The fucking LE chip is there because of the carebears that started crying that it would be impossible to tradeskill, give me a f**king break and those people prolly have no intention of playing on it yet they feel they should try to ruin it anyway.

Asurmen Spec Op
01-09-05, 23:54
First off, just so it's clear. I absolutely, more than words can describe, hate this asinine PvP server idea. Like I said before, way to create a World of Warcraft server environment KK. I can't wait to see it fail even after numerous people tell you it will.

Too many people here are irresponsible kids. It will be an insane gankfest, *esp* inside HQs. Why the hell do you think allied PKing already exists?

Low Populations have PKers looking for a fight, the only place Anti-City can find one is in NC, and they don't want to deal with Para. Neptune's population, I 100%, abso-fucking-lutely guarantee, will be lower than Neptune's Population. What the *hell* do you think is gonna happen to the rapid PKers on a server that has LESS people they can kill, but can kill in any zone?

Anyway, an idea for this stupid server is add a 100 CST or 100 RES requiremen to the LE. Oh yeah, and remove PPUs.
hero <3

LiL T
01-09-05, 23:58

Too many irresponsible kids ?

I'm 24 years old I like killing other players because it makes me laugh and its just a flipping game pkers = PVPers and of coarse theres going to be ganking and killing *pvp server*

eprodigy
02-09-05, 00:37
ok this server is totaly USELESS while there will still be PPUs and PPU hybrids.

no point

darkservent
02-09-05, 01:27
Complete PK Fuck Fest damn. This would be a server just to go on whenever your bored PK someone and quit for the day. I think the loot should be on the damage dealer too.

Oh and samy I have tiger blood on terra, shame I aint been in game for the past well nearly a year.

zii
02-09-05, 01:41
Got some on terra as well, but I have been told that I can't pop it, but only look at it. However, I've never tried.

Nvidia
02-09-05, 01:59
I wish people listened...

There will however be some limitations to the rules, considering we can not implement branched out patch structure for this server. It will remain technically compatible to the other servers, meaning that you can play on all available servers with the same Neocron installation.

Three-quarters of the stuff all you people are asking for aren't possible with the way they run their game. I can't believe how many old timers in this thread, who know damn well how hard this game engine is to do the most simple thing keep asking for stuff they know KK can't technically do with the above statement in effect.

Based on how well I know the limitations of the shitty engine, I can tell they're doing just about everything they can to make it as hardcore PvP as possible. Granted, they've done some stuff with this engine I didn't think was possible, but every time they've done some ground-breaking change, look how long it takes? (Phoenix Mob Boss, for example.)

Not knocking you though KK. I know you do the best with the tools you're given. I applaud your efforts to get a PvP server going for all those old guys that want to feel that adrenaline rush again, and check their sixes every 3 seconds. But I really feel this is a bad time to implement it. I see a dent in the already-dwindling population coming. Hopefully we can snag some new players to help fill it though, so it's all good. :) Keep up the good work.

BTW - when is KK going to do Neocron 3 using the Unreal 3 engine? I'm waiting. ;)

Koshinn
02-09-05, 02:16
Neptune's population, I 100%, abso-fucking-lutely guarantee, will be lower than Neptune's Population.

I 100% guarantee Neptune's population will NOT be lower than Neptune's population. :p

AltonMoney
07-09-05, 04:41
I'm surprised at the number of people that want to ask for more when SOMETHING REALLY GOOD HAS JUST HAPPENED. I hope everyone trys it, plays there, and likes it. Lets make the only hardcore true pvp server the biggest one. See you all there.

eprodigy
07-09-05, 07:07
as soon as they announce there wont be ppus on neptune ill bother leveling a char there..

LiL T
07-09-05, 07:27
Got my PE quite far up lvled but my PSI is too low because theres no one to lvl with :*(

numb
07-09-05, 10:18
I was hoping for PvP from a low level upwards, I guess now a lot of people are going to just level to near cap with their LEs in because that's clearly the easiest option with less downtime hunting for belts etc

Apart from a less safezones, I cant really see the difference between this server and any other with LE as an option.

I will still give it a go though, take my LE out at low level and see how it goes. It just doesnt sound as fun as I thought it would be.

edit: in fact if people do level up to cap (or PvP competitive levels) with LE in you might aswell let everyone start with a capped char in order to PvP/tradeskill with no need for the grind beforehand. [at least that would mean more people to fight with]

Koshinn
07-09-05, 10:41
Got my PE quite far up lvled but my PSI is too low because theres no one to lvl with :*(

aren't they wiping pandore?

Brammers
07-09-05, 11:10
aren't they wiping pandore?

No - check the first post in the thread. Pandore is being renamed Neptune.

ZoVoS
07-09-05, 14:17
how about this then kiddies (sorry i just got back form a 2-3 week drinking binge haha)

remove the LE... BUT make all of TH a safe zone (not a safe zone but as with twistiers, u pull ur gun the turrets pown u) with a door u have to hold the button down for 30 seconds to open. this would eliminate zone whoring AND also put an escape shoot outside TH so that noobs can slid down into the bowels of th n zone into a safe zone that they cant get out of it withough using a door or a genrep

THEN to counter the lack of a LE create tons of trade skill missions around th, maby open up some extra tunnels with science devitions n so on, expand th a lil and create missions that arnt fraction specific.

then add a few exit but not entrance points to th n a few more shoots foor entrance but not exit, so that they have a chance to get out n in withough being camped n killed.

so around the outside of th there are more npcs doing feild reserch n stuf offering more exp for the guarded/daring tradeskillers

offer everything you could want in TH at a elevated price that normal,

The trek to th is an imporant part of nc, just as the run from the canyon to the city used to be in nc1 and so on, you cant just start noobs with the genrep

oh and belts being hacked ARGH cant u just put a delayed timer bar on the belts

stand over it for like 1-30 seconds depending on the sl while a proccessing bar comes up where the psi modules/drugs/constructing/implanting comes up n then it pops open

and make it 10X longer if the belt isnt urs to hack/open (yes thats 5 mins to open a belt at 100sl if its not urs to hack :P)

Bugs Gunny
07-09-05, 14:23
I'm NOT going to neptune as long as we don't get the option to transfer our capped Terra character to it.

Why would the pandorians be allowed to stay there with their capped fully equiped chars and we have to level as noobs, when they have the option to move their chars to our server?

If KK can do the transfer from pandora to other servers, they sure can do it the other way around.

Shenyu Reza
07-09-05, 14:28
Maybe because we don't like the new rules...don't you think?
And lvl up a char is not a problem with the speedupowerlvl rule ^^

Bugs Gunny
07-09-05, 14:40
So, you can speedlevel... who's gonna build you your weapons? where will you get cash?

It's a lot easier if you can bring a tradeskiller and a capped char over with a full inventory.

Besides, as long as there will be ppus on the pvp server, i won't move.
What's the point in going to a pvp server when it'll be apu-ppu teams all over again?

Shenyu Reza
07-09-05, 14:45
What's the point in going to a pvp server when it'll be apu-ppu teams all over again?

That's why I leave, but terra is a few the same thing... :( with safe zone

(I know,there is not only apu/ppu/hybrid but...they are a lot)

Reezo
07-09-05, 14:47
That's why I leave, but terra is a few the same thing... :( with safe zone

(I know,there is not only apu/ppu/hybrid but...they are a lot)

There are also some spy, log only to hack belts :D

numb
07-09-05, 14:56
I think -FN-'s idea of putting a 100 research/100 construct restrictions on the LE would probably be the best way to deal with it.

I think it's probably going to require the least amount of changes too. I dont think there are any items with an 'this or that' style of requirements so two chips would need to be available, based on the current LE. Constructor LE & Researcher LE - both available from Crytons Implant store each with a 100 requirement in their relative skill.

It's really just a database change so it should be really easy to do.

Bugs Gunny
07-09-05, 15:01
It's going to be one dead server.

zii
07-09-05, 15:26
You must be the Judge ;)

@Bugs. Stop your bloody whining. If you're not coming to the pvp server then you can stay on Terra. I know of some people who are going to neptune specificatly to level crafters. I am; Its a 2 slot server so something has to be done with the spare slot.

Scanner Darkly
07-09-05, 15:31
It's going to be one dead server.

Let's just see how it turns out ok? Not sure what the point of your post is.

Brammers
07-09-05, 15:33
As I said before, I believe no-one will want to tradeskill if the LE is removed. And without the tradeskillers, who will build your guns? Take this for example:-

I'm pimping my construct skill in Fallen Angels HQ. A Crahn comes along, and asks me to build his Holy Lightning. I build it for him, but...disaster! It comes out a zero slotter. He's not happy, and he whips out his Fire Apoc. I'm burnt to a crisp, so I GR out to my apartment.

My MC5 Hawking has come out so it's put in the gogo. Oh no, I dropped my CST glove, ok thats replaceable, now I need pokes. A quick request for a TL115 poker on trade...and it's my lucky day, there is one on in Tech Haven. I ask if it's safe, and he says yes it's ok.

I GR to Tech Haven, and sure it's safe. I turn around and get the MC5 out, and put it in my processor. I turn back around.

The poker is dead, and a Tangent Healing Light spy levels his gun at me.

Once again, I'm blown away, and my MC5 Hawking has dropped in a belt.

So I log my uber capped ion crossbow spy, and I get the Crahn and and the Tangent. I hack their belts, and by bad luck, I get a psi booster and a pair of pants. 8|

Also you have to remember, with the LE, we can't fight you.

Lifewaster
07-09-05, 15:41
The LE needs to be a permanent choice , at rank 10 the player should get a pop up to choice either to keep the le forever if he wants to be a tradeskiller, or else take it out.

After rank 11 , LE should no longer be removable.

Otherwise I really dont see how this is a PvP server when most everyone is going to keep LEs in untill cap .

Brammers
07-09-05, 15:46
Hmm a good idea Lifewaster, but to really make the choice final, make it so the LE can never be re-implanted.

sultana
07-09-05, 15:47
Otherwise I really dont see how this is a PvP server when most everyone is going to keep LEs in untill cap .
I figure that's the difference between a "PvP server" and a "Let's just go to MB and gank all the noobs server"

Lifewaster
07-09-05, 15:51
Oh well , the removal of safeslot is good at least , but I wonder about beltdrops in warzones ? It kinda sounds like there wont be any ...

naimex
07-09-05, 15:51
With Plaza 1 and DoY City Center becoming safezones..

and Tech Haven being safezone too, and military base sector 1 being a safezone..

you should with those GRs be able to buy everything needed to tradeskill.

So why even have LE on the PvP server?

Sure, a tradeskiller will be a target until he has those GRs.. but when he has... he doesnt have to go into dangererous areas..

get a dude to drive or fly tradeskillers to those grs.. tag them, and homefree..

PvP server, WILL be a PvP server then, and tradeskillers will have safezones.

EDIT: you dont even need those grs.. just tell the persons who want to have something made, to bring all parts themselves..

They do now a days anyways.. so its just cubes for researchers, lubes and tools.

Tratos
07-09-05, 16:02
I've just had a terrible thought i might have left something in my cabinets on Pandore and the db shot has been taken.....bugger, lol ah well.

EDIT:Important Question: How do we go about getting our characters transfered once the servers come back up?

naimex
07-09-05, 16:26
I've just had a terrible thought i might have left something in my cabinets on Pandore and the db shot has been taken.....bugger, lol ah well.

EDIT:Important Question: How do we go about getting our characters transfered once the servers come back up?

And do we have to if we dont want to?

Meaning, can I do nothing, and then my chars stay exactly where I left them, without having to do anything to make them stay there..

Tratos
07-09-05, 16:32
New updated post sitckied.

[PiN]Fluffy
07-09-05, 23:59

Quoted For Truth ^^^^